The Lodges at Gettysburg Reviews

129 Reviews for The Lodges at Gettysburg

• Julie

Julie P. · Getting married on 06/10/2022

Fairytale Dream Wedding!

Wow I'm not even sure where to start! All around wonderful experience. 10/30/20 covid bride! Beth was wonderful from the beginning. We fell in love with the Lodges back Dec 2019, we were able to have a week to decide if this was the place we wanted to go with which was great! You really can't beat the Lodges with water front ceremony and indoor back up options, the ballroom, guys and girls getting ready rooms and the lodges so you and all your guests can stay the night at a discount! The Wedding package included so many extra! tables, linens, center pieces, table numbers, free spa credits, if you choose one of the bakeries they recommend, its included in the price! Plus so many fun extras! They have a Date Night for couples to try the food and with all the recommended vendors that they provide. (of course you can choose your own)
    Beth was available every step of the way through all my constant emails and questions. When Covid hit and things had to change Beth emailed us right away and already had a plan in motion. They set up a large tent! I never had to change my date and when it got closer the restrictions changed and was able to have my wedding inside. They had so much safety measures in place to keep everyone safe and happy. Sadly some of my guest weren't able after I already gave my count to the caterer, but I let Beth know and they were able to box up the extra meals for me so we could take them home the next day! The food was wonderful from the Carriage House Inn! After the wedding my husband and I went to our Lodge and waiting for us was some of our desserts (from Stone House Bakery- Yum!) food from the reception and a bottle of champagne! We were definitely spoiled.
    I can't thank Beth and everyone else at the Lodges for helping make my dream wedding come true! From start to finish it was the best day ever! You honestly can't go wrong if you have your wedding here!

Sent on 01/05/2021

Jerilyn (. · Getting married on 07/09/2021

Amazing Experience!

We got married on 9/19/20 and everything about our day was perfect! Beth was amazing to work with in our time up to the wedding, and Suzie was incredibly helpful during our rehearsal and the day of. The "Date Night" that they hold every year was wonderful because we were able to find all of our vendors (DJ, Photographer, Hair, etc) at that event. We have had many compliments about how beautiful the venue was and how great the staff was the entire time. We loved it, and my husband and I both did not feel anxiety/stress because they were so organized and on top of staying in contact with us. We love you, Beth & Suzie and The Lodges at Gettysburg! Thank you for making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 09/28/2020

Rita T. · Married on 03/08/2021

Very accommodating during COVID-19 pandemic; made our dreams come true,

The Lodges at Gettysburg is not only the most exquisite wedding venue of the area, they are the most accommodating! My son and daughter-in-law had to make several changes in their wedding plans due to the pandemic. Beth was the greatest wedding director! She was so well organized with the details of the wedding—then handled last minute changes effortlessly! She was professional, polite and supportive of all of us. Not only was she amazing with the planning, but the day before, the day of and the day after the wedding! She made sure all the details were to our satisfaction! And they were! Even above my expecatations! The Lodges are stunning! Our out of town families and guests absolutely loved the Lodges!!! The Lodges at Gettysburg gets my highest recommendation for wedding venue—— or any event—— especially the overnight accommodations!

Sent on 08/24/2020

Dear Mrs. Tempel,

It was an honor to be a part of Matthew & Emily's special day. We are delighted that everyone had a fabulous time and that their wedding dreams came true. We take a tremendous amount of pride in our property and its services and appreciate your great review of them. Thank you again and we wish them a lifetime of love, joy and happiness.

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 02/14/2021

Accommodating, Stress-free and Wonderful

Having our wedding at the Lodges was one of the best choices we've ever made. From the lodging on site, to the decor, to the patient and kind staff, we couldn't have asked for any more for our wedding weekend. Since Covid hit, we stressed about how we were going to work through the small amount of people we could invite and the comfort level of our guests, but Beth couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating to us. It was a wonderful experience and we will absolutely be back another time just to spend a weekend there. If I could give more than 5 stars, I would.

Sent on 02/19/2021
  • Tia

Tia W. · Married on 11/10/2020

Easy, Beautiful, and Flexible

We booked the Lodges at Gettysburg pre-COVID and were already blown away with how easy they make the wedding planning process, how beautiful the venue was, and the amazing value for money.

Then COVID hit, and while planning a wedding is stressful enough, planning it during the pandemic was even more so. Beth and the team at The Lodges at Gettysburg made it so much better. We were making changes due to local restrictions, guests changing their RSVPs at the last minute, extra safety measures we wanted to put into place, etc. up until literally the week of the wedding, and they were so flexible and put me at ease through it all.

It was important to me and my guests that everyone was safe, but was still able to celebrate our day. They truly went above and beyond for me to make sure that was accomplished.

The Lodges at Gettysburg makes planning your event so easy. They include virtually everything you need for your day of, their staff is amazing, and they have a fantastic network of vendors they work with that provided everything else I needed for the perfect day. They have the cutest on-site lodging that is so unique. All that for truly the best value in this area.

The staff made the day of such a breeze. I felt completely relaxed, as they took care of everything I needed. They were so attentive and kind. All my guests raved about the great food, the great time, and how much they enjoyed their stay (either the day of, or overnight).

I would 100% recommend The Lodges at Gettysburg to anyone looking to get married.

Sent on 11/14/2020
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn L. · Married on 10/31/2020

Hallowedding 2020 - making it work!

I don't even know where to start with all the wonderful things about this venue - with our Halloween wedding, we knew we wanted somewhere that took advantage of the beautiful fall foliage but also had on-site accommodations (all of our guests would be traveling in for the wedding). The Lodges was the perfect answer for both - theyre tucked out in the middle of the woods and the view of the mountains from the ceremony site on the pond is so stunningly beautiful, and we got especially lucky with all the fall colors still on the trees on a beautiful clear day. The cabins on site are also beautifully put together and very cozy, we were exhausted after the wedding but that was some of the best sleep we'd had in a while, and the champagne in the room was such a lovely touch! All of the staff were wonderful as well, Beth was absolutely integral in bringing this all together - Carson described her as the lynchpin in this whole ordeal and he's absolutely spot-on. That we were able to pull all this together in the middle of a pandemic and keep everyone safe and healthy in the process is an absolute triumph, and we wouldn't have been able to make that happen without her, she was so good about listening to our concerns and helping us arrange a solution that would be comfortable for all our guests. On the day-of she was absolutely on top of the game (or so I'm told), right in the thick of it all with my now-husband and my mother, pulling everything together until Susie took over for the event. Susie was a dream as well, everything went so smoothly and any hiccups that came up during the event were quickly and efficiently ironed out, I never spent more than a minute worrying about any one thing before she'd resolved it and sent us off on our way to enjoy the evening. The waitstaff was amazing as well, our guests had lovely things to say about them all. Unsurprisingly, we also heard a lot of praise for "my boy Kolton" behind the bar, especially from the friends who kept a drink in our hands all night (we appreciate them and appreciate you, Kolton). Also, shout out to Stewart for braving the frigid cold night to take care of the bonfire for us, it was the perfect way to end the evening and that there was still a golf cart running people up and down was so greatly appreciated by our guests. The front desk staff was also wonderful - thank you girls for putting up with all our dumb requests, and thank you Nona for helping bring everything together and taking care of our guests! The Lodges were absolutely perfect for our wedding and gave us an amazing celebration that people have continued to praise us for - if you're looking for a venue that goes above and beyond, please take the time to visit these wonderful people at this beautiful location!

Sent on 11/09/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah D. · Married on 10/03/2020

The wedding of our dreams!

My husband and I got married at the Lodges on 10/10/2020 and we are so happy that we did! With all of the confusion and worry that this year brought, due to COIVD-19, we never thought that we could have still had the wedding of our dreams. But despite everything, Beth and Suzie at the Lodges worked to make our dreams come true! Beth was so accommodating over the entire year of our engagement and showed that she truly cared about us. She stayed up to date on restrictions that were in place because of COVID and when things changed she let us know right away. We had to move our reception outside under a tent due to the restrictions, but they made the tent beautiful and in the end I couldn't have imagined it any other way! Suzie helped the rehearsal and the day itself be beautiful and go smoothly! And, in addition to both of them, the entire staff at the Lodges were so kind and welcoming the entire weekend. The ceremony site in front of the pond was absolutely gorgeous. Also, the cabins were beautiful and it was so fun being able to stay the weekend at the Lodges and not have to travel anywhere else. We are so thankful for all that the staff did to make our wedding amazing! We definitely recommend getting married at the Lodges at Gettysburg!

Sent on 11/05/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley C. · Married on 09/05/2020

All the way up to our wedding day!

When searching for a wedding venue we came across the Lodges at Gettysburg. When touring the area, we saw they had pet friendly lodges and lodges where guest could stay. We loved how there was a pond with a fountain at the ceremony site. They offer golf cart rides to the pond for your guests. Beth at the lodges helped me plan my wedding day. She was quick to respond to my emails and questions. She set up “Date Night” back in March which helped you pick different vendors and try food catered by the Carriage House Inn. We had a great time and the food was delicious. Beth helped us during the rehearsal before our wedding day. On our wedding day, she helped us set up and clean up after. She did an amazing job with everything! Wedding planning during COVID was challenging and the lodges was safe and followed the governs orders. They set up a tent outside so you could still have your reception. Originally our reception was going to be in the ballroom. The tables at our reception stayed the same. I loved the view and how our floating candles looked as the sun went down. You do not get that view in the ballroom. The groom and groomsmen loved the new Gloryridge Game Suite with the pool table. Our wedding was beautiful and was so fleeting. I would not have chosen a different venue.

Sent on 10/15/2020
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 06/13/2020

My Dream Wedding!

We were supposed to get married in June of 2020 but unfortunately, with COVID19, we had to reschedule. Of course it was a difficult time for many of us but Beth made it as seamless as possible. She was extremely helpful every step of the way and was always quick to answer my questions (of which there were quite a few considering the times). Even when the gathering guidelines kept changing, we always had a plan. We ended up having our reception outdoors in a very large tent to adhere to the state guidelines. While it wasn't what we originally planned, it turned out perfect! I couldn't have asked for a better location or coordinator for our wedding!

*a little bit of advice however, if you know more than a week ahead of the wedding that guests have changed their mind about attending, tell Beth ASAP. Some of our guests decided more last minute due to the state of the virus and we weren't able to get a refund for their food or bar tab. We just ended up taking their meal home in to-go boxes...

Sent on 08/21/2020

Dear Emily,

Thank you for your great review. We were honored to be a part your wedding day! I wish that circumstances would have permitted an indoor wedding, but I am delighted that you were able to get your dream day in the beautiful tent overlooking the valley. Myself and the entire staff wish you and Matthew the very best for a wonderful future together, filled of love, joy and laughter!

Warm regards,

Monika L. · Married on 06/10/2020

Spectacular, Magical, and Perfect

We first stayed at the Lodges at Gettysburg a few years ago for our one year anniversary. When we got engaged, there was no question in our minds: we would be getting married on the lake at The Lodges at Gettysburg, and we were lucky enough that all of our dreams came true. From the very first email requesting information, working with The Lodges at Gettysburg and Beth was an absolute pleasure! We did not consider any other locations, and from my limited experience with others' weddings, we made the best choice ever! Beth and her team made everything as easy for us as possible, which is a huge help as we live almost three hours away. The Bridal Show where we got to meet all the vendors and test the food was essential to the ease of planning, and allowed us to make 75% of our decisions right then and there, a good six months before our wedding! We had 80% of our guests stay over, hosted a movie party, rehearsal dinner, used the bridal suite, rented the horse and carriage, had our ceremony at the lake, and danced the entire night away in the stunning ballroom. At the end of our perfect day, Beth and her team gathered our guests and we were surrounded by a magnificent view of our friends and family celebrating our new life with sparklers. I'd dreamed of this send off, and wanted to try to do it myself, but Beth encouraged me to trust her, and boy am I glad I trusted all of Beth's suggestions! Without Beth and her wonderful team, our big day would not have been the stress-free, perfect day I've always imagined. The food was delicious, the bar was excellent, and the team was courteous, kind, and helpful. Overall, our big day was totally perfect, and that's all thanks to Beth, Denise, Nona, and the entire team at the Lodges at Gettysburg and all of their efforts and talents that make getting married there easy and perfect. Our day was nothing short of magical!

Sent on 02/07/2020

The Lodges at Gettysburg's reply:

WOW! Thank you Monica for the fantastic review. We are so delighted that you and your husband Chris had the magical perfect day you so deserve. It was truly our pleasure. We look forward to seeing you for many anniversaries to come. Congratulations from all of us again!
  • Jen

Jen C. · Married on 03/14/2020

Fantastic wedding - just in time!

My husband and I were married at the Lodges on March 14, 2020, right before the state shut down due to Covid 19. With all the uncertainty around what was happening, Beth and her staff went above and beyond to ease our nerves and pull off the perfect day!

Through the entire process, Beth was so welcoming, answering all our questions with a smile and pulling together the details. From her waitstaff and bartenders to the front desk staff - nothing short of AMAZING!!

Highly recommend!! Food was amazing, venue and sights were great, staff top notch! Thank you Beth, for everything you did! We appreciate you!!

Sent on 08/21/2020

Dear Jen,

WOW! Thank you for the fantastic review. We were honored to be a part of your perfect day! We wish you and Chris a beautiful life together filled with love, joy and laughter! Congratulations from all of us.

• Victoria

Victoria F. · Married on 11/10/2019

Best. Day. Ever!

We had the wonderful opportunity to get married at The Lodges in October of 2019 and all I can say was that it was an absolute dream come true!!! Every detail is planned for, every worry is calmed, and every question is answered. Before the actual event, I was a bride with about 1,000 questions (sorry Beth!) and she always answered my emails timely, happily, and was beyond understanding! She also met with us to plan every step of the day out and ensured that each detail was exactly how we pictured it. She also made sure to offer a variety of options for decorations, placements, setups, times, colors, and much much more. The organization that goes into a wedding is crazy, but Beth takes it all on with a smile on her face! We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, and morning after breakfast there and received so many compliments on the way everything ran so smoothly, the AMAZING food that was served, and the beautiful lodges that many stayed in - not to mention the area is just fantastic! Both the bridal and groom suites are perfectly sized and allow you to relax and spread out before the wedding - this may seem unimportant, but when 8+ hours are spent in the room with numerous people the day of, you want room to do your "beautifying." In addition, they use golf carts to aid with getting people from the ceremony to the reception (as well as the after party bonfire) and truly made sure everyone was taken care of. As a couple, the one thing we are always told is how we won't get to eat on our wedding day - The Lodges makes sure that's not true! We had our own private appetizers together and (although we ate at our reception) also had both of our meals and a bit of dessert left in our actual lodge after the wedding with champagne! Although this was such a small thing, it truly made the end of the night that much more special and we loved being able to enjoy the food we had picked out. The breakfast the next day allowed us the chance to say goodbye to our guests and still had such sweet and thoughtful touches. There was not a single worker there that was not willing to help in every way possible with a smile and I will forever be grateful that I was able to relax and enjoy my wedding completely! I would have my wedding here over and over and I cannot wait to return for anniversaries in the future!

Sent on 02/10/2020

The Lodges at Gettysburg's reply:

Thank you Victoria for the incredible review. We are so thrilled that you and Ryan had the perfect day you so deserve. It was truly our pleasure. We look forward to seeing you for many anniversaries to come. Congratulations from all of us again!

Denise Schultz, General Manager
    Beth Senseney, Director of Events

Shannon B. · Married on 10/25/2019

Wonderful Experience

We got married at The Lodges in October 2019. Everyone We interacted with was incredibly friendly and overall the day was very low stress and a ton of fun! Beth was fantastic to work with and everything was planned in advance. She was able to answer our questions and was always very kind and professional. The other staff (front desk, waiters, bartenders, etc) were just as friendly and helpful. Everyone was so genuinely friendly and excited for our day, that it made it easy to relax and just enjoy the experience.
    The only downside to the entire day was that another bridal party was scheduled to do their rehearsal during our photos, so our photographer had to ask them several times to move. Additionally that wedding party moved several of the decor at the alter that we had decorated, resulting in my bridal party rushing to fix it right before the ceremony. Honestly, at the time it didn’t bother me too much bc I was so happy to be getting married to my husband and my photographer was incredible and took charge, but in hindsight, I should’ve addressed the situation immediately. Had I, I’m confident that it would have been addressed swiftly.
    The food that was catered by the on site caterer was delicious and beautifully presented. The room and ambiance was perfect. And of course, the Lodges themselves were gorgeous!
    I would 100% recommend The Lodges for any wedding or big event. They were so welcoming and helpful, which was perfect for our celebration.

Sent on 04/06/2020
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 10/19/2019

Perfect day at the lodges!!

My husband and I got married at the lodges last October and our day was perfect. They coordinated everything with our other vendors and made sure our day was absolutely perfect. We worked with Beth leading up to the day and she addressed every question and concern and on the day our coordinator was Susie who was equally amazing. The food was delicious!!! We had a few no shows and cancellations after we gave our final numbers so they packaged up some meals and our extra cake for us to take home. I was able to get in early the day of and set up and then relax in their beautiful bridal suite. The lodge itself is absolutely beautiful and we used their bonfire site as well after the reception. I would 100% recommend this location for a easy rustic wedding and would choose them again every time!

Sent on 01/30/2020

The Lodges at Gettysburg's reply:

hank you Megan for the fantastic review. We are so delighted that you and Brett had the perfect day! Beth, Susie & the entire team work so hard to ensure perfection! It was truly our pleasure. We look forward to seeing you again for many anniversaries to come.
    Congratulations from all of us again!

Denise Schultz, General Manager

Avery K. · Married on 10/12/2019

PHENOMENAL wedding venue!

This venue was absolutely phenomenal. My husband and I got married here recently, and all of the staff was EXTREMELY patient and helpful! From our last minute changes/additions, they were extremely accommodating. Their catering is fantastic and the whole night was a dream! We were novices at wedding planning, and they made everything run so smooth. From set up to cleanup, even to communicating with the outside vendors, the whole day was perfect with no hiccups! 5/5 100%. If I could relive my wedding day, I would choose this place all over again!

Sent on 10/13/2019
  • Tia

Tia E. · Married on 08/18/2019

Our wedding was PERFECT!

Our favorite things about this venue- the views, the people we worked with, the lodges themselves, and the fact that so much is included! The venue itself is just beautiful. We had a lot of out-of-towners, so the lodges was perfect. Every single person was wonderful to work with, especially the coordinator, Beth. She answered any questions we had and was so flexible. The packages they offer are affordable and include a lot more than any other venue. The Lodges & Carriage house supplies us with everything we needed from linens & silverware to a delicious three course meal and the cake was supplied by one of their preferred vendors. 10/10 recommend!

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Emily

Emily T. · Married on 08/16/2019

Affordable and Magical

I can't say enough of this place. It is a wonderful secret tucked just ten minutes from downtown Gettysburg. We did a destination wedding and found it perfect for all of our traveling guests. Beth is the main coordinator there and she responded to all my and my mother's emails, no matter how small the question. She made the wedding planning so easy, and the Lodges as a whole were so flexible! We could pick and choose what we wanted for our wedding. And at such a great deal! So much was included in the price- day of coordinator, linens, table service, and even the night at the honeymoon suite. It really felt like we could have our dream wedding without taking out a loan, and they made it all happen, with the whole team at the front desk and Beth and Susan. Thank you guys!

Sent on 09/21/2019
  • Kasey

Kasey · Married on 07/06/2019

wouldn't have gone anywhere else

They help make the wedding of your dreams come true. Great staff there all very friendly, amazing location.

Sent on 03/21/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica J. · Married on 07/05/2019

Want to have FUN and not worry about anything? Book The Lodges for your wedding!

My husband and I are so happy that we chose the Lodges for our July 5 wedding. Looking back, we weren't really thinking when we decided to have our wedding on the weekend of the reenactments! It was FABULOUS though! It really ended up being like a destination wedding for our guests. We had our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner on July 4 - we were able to decorate and the tavern was open for our guests. We did the picnic package and Beth let us do some customizing for the kids. Food was fabulous (by Carriage House) and Beth even coordinated a cake to surprise a birthday guest! Guests were able to hang out all night - even see some fireworks & we did our own sparklers. Our guests loved that they had their own lodges and could spend the weekend touring Gettysburg.
    The rooms that the bride and groom get ready in are amazing. My hair and makeup women LOVED the light, the chairs, the room in general. My photographer was able to capture some really fun photos in the room, too.
    We were able to do a first look right on property and then hop in our car and run over to Sachs Bridge (right past the reenactors!) to do some fun pictures on the covered bridge. It's like 3 minutes away and makes for a beautiful photo. Back to the Lodge and I could do touch ups and Nicole was ready to whisk me down to the lake for the ceremony.
    I heard from several wedding guests that the folks doing golf cart transportation were amazing (thank you!).
    The ceremony was amazing and perfect and we had perfect timing because cannons and fireworks were going off from the reenactments! Definitely made everyone laugh.
    Since it was going to be so hot, I wanted slushees (frose' specifically), so the Lodges rented a giant slushee machine for me (2 sides and everything). We had pina coladas and froses. It was a total hit and the guests loved them. If you have an idea of something you want to do, talk to Beth- she will probably make it happen!
    We were introduced from the mezzanine. DO IT! Don't tell anyone you are coming in that way, though because you want everyone to be surprised. The only person that knew was our DJ. It was so lovely to be able to stand up there and watch everyone come in, be seated and then I got to see all of our bridal party come in! So special!
    The food at the reception was awesome (yes- I even got to eat!) and I loved our sweetheart table with the little lights underneath. We did minimal decorating because the Lodges does everything- so we used the Lodges vases and put flowers in (they even supply the candles) and we did our own table numbers, but we probably didn't even need to.
    We had our sparkler send-off (YAY!). Do that, too!
    Unfortunately, mother nature unleashed a crazy rain storm during dinner which washed out the bonfire area. So, our pinterest worthy s'mores set up was going to be cancelled. BUT, someone (I think it was the security guard or Nicole) set up the cutest little sterno fire pit on the patio for our s'mores! Thank you to whoever went the extra mile for us. That was awesome.
    I seriously didn't want the night to end. We had the best time. If anything went wrong, I didn't know about it. It was just FUN!

I used many of the Lodges preferred vendors, so I think that helped with the timing and the ease of the ceremony & reception since they had worked together before.

Bottom line - our wedding was FUN and the planning was not stressful!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Lily

Lily · Married on 06/29/2019

The Perfect Start to our Perfect Forever

I cannot express enough gratitude to The Lodges at Gettysburg for everything they did to make our wedding EXACTLY how we hoped for despite some changes that needed to be made at the last minute.

From the start, we fell in love with The Lodges and all it had to offer. It was the first wedding venue we viewed out of 8 and nothing topped the value. The add on options such as the horse and carriage, bonfire, and also being able to have a honeymoon suite the night of the wedding were what made The Lodges stand out.

Beth was amazing from our first communication. She answered emails promptly, professionally, and with high energy. We love Beth!

As far as the day of the wedding, I loved being able to relax and spend time in the Bridal Suite with my girls the morning of the wedding. We ordered mimosas and the lunch buffet from their Suite Snacks Menu. It was wonderful. I also love that they have chairs like you are in a salon, for a true beauty treatment. Everything was set to be on schedule until a storm rolled in about an hour and 15 minutes before the wedding ceremony. THIS is when the Lodges really make themselves stand out from many other wedding venues you will find in the area. Beth, Denise, and the rest of the staff at the Lodges and Carriage House were willing to switch the ceremony and the cocktail hour so we could let the storm pass and we would still be able to have our dream outdoor ceremony. It was hard work for them and they could have easily said "sorry you have to have the ceremony inside," but they genuinely want to do EVERYTHING in their power to make your day as you planned. They took plowers down to dry the area, fixed the chairs and even pushed down branches from the trees out of the way with their hands so the path was clear for the horse and carriage. At the ceremony, you would have never known that a torrential downpour had come through an hour earlier. It was perfect and everyone was in awe of the horse and carriage entrance. Everyone had a great time at the reception and enjoyed the food prepared by the Carriage House. After the reception, we had a bonfire for those who booked a room at the Lodges for that night. This was another thing that I did not think was going to happen because of the rain, but once again they made it happen.

Ultimately everyone raved about our wedding. We had so many people tell us how beautiful The Lodges was and that we were trend setters for having the cocktail hour first. Additionally, we had several people tell us that our wedding was the best wedding they had ever been too and that credit goes to Beth, Denise, The Carriage House, and all the staff that bent over backwards for us. My husband and I are truly over the moon with how perfect our day was. The perfect start to our perfect forever.

So if you haven't booked the Lodges for your perfect day, what are you waiting for?

Sent on 08/09/2019

Kelsey M. · Married on 06/15/2019

Everything you need for the perfect day!

My husband and I cannot thank The Lodges at Gettysburg enough for their incredible service for our wedding day! If you're looking for a venue that accommodates every need and makes the planning process a breeze, we highly suggest The Lodges at Gettysburg. They are true professionals with your best interest at heart. Take an opportunity to meet with them- you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Meagan · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing wedding venue

My husband and I recently got married at the Lodges on the first of June. I cannot say enough positive things about this absolutely beautiful wedding venue. It was the very first venue we looked at and it ended up being the only venue we looked at. From the very beginning Beth made everything so easy and organized. She checked in on us frequently to make sure we were okay and was always quick to respond to the many questions we had. Our wedding day was so flawless all thanks to the staff at the Lodges! Nichole was our day of coordinator and she did such a great job at making sure we had everything we needed and that the day went smoothly. From the golf cart drivers to the bartenders and the serves everyone was so kind and amazing. Our guests were all blown away by their dinner entrees and said it was the best wedding food they have ever had. We absolutely recommend this venue and we are so thankful for everything that they did for us!

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 05/24/2019

Amazing Venue!

The Lodges was the second venue my husband and I visited. Once we met Beth and team, toured the property and learned more about their packages, we knew we found our place. The setting is a lovely, rural property with lots of greenery and hills - it feels like a nice getaway from reality. From the time we booked our date, a year and a half in advance of the wedding, Beth and team answered every call and email with kindness and enthusiasm. I greatly appreciated Beth's thorough responses and coordination. It was great to have the catering already handled through Carriage House Inn, as well as the cake, linens, tableware, etc. included. Although we had a church ceremony, the reception went seamlessly. The staff handled everything behind the scenes with no hiccups. Our guests had nothing but great things to say about their experience, from the food to the accommodations to the setting itself. One of our favorite parts was the bonfire, where our guests could join us after the reception ended and enjoy some s'mores. I am so glad we picked The Lodges for a unique and charming wedding day - we have amazing memories and photos to relive our experience. I recommend The Lodges to any couple - you will not regret it!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa B. · Married on 05/18/2019

May 18, 2019

We cannot thank The Lodges at Gettysburg enough for making all our wedding dreams come true. First, the ceremony space is absolutely beautiful! It was the most perfect spot for an outdoor wedding. There is a ton of greenery and trees nearby that allow for the prettiest pictures to be taken. My dad and I walked from the top all the way down to the ceremony space (which was so nice to have an extra long walk) and I heard from guests that it was so beautiful with how the light was shining and the trees (one guest said that even she started tearing up!). The venue itself is so beautiful. You could honestly do the most minimal decorations and it would still be gorgeous. We loved that we were able to bring our own decorations so that it made it extra special and uniquely us. We were allowed to put a sign up on one of the beams (we weren't sure at first if we could because we had to use a nail and hammer it but they were so nice and told us to go right ahead!) which we loved. The lodges there are gorgeous to stay in!! We loved that guests were able to stay right on property. It was awesome since we had a decent amount of out of town guests that they could stay at a lodge, walk to the ceremony, walk to the reception, and walk back to their room! The rooms are cleaned to a T and spot less! You can even bring up alcohol from the tavern that is on property back to your room. We worked with Beth for everything and had Susie as our day of coordinator. These two are AMAZING! Thank goodness for Beth- she answered all our questions in a timely and happy manner. She helped us set up a second room block when I had a panic attack we weren't going to be able to accommodate everyone- she had it set up within a day.. so awesome! She made everything perfect for her and we cannot thank her enough for all she did. I can't imagine how many e-mails she goes through a day but she always takes time to answer you and makes you feel like your the only bride and groom she's working with. She works to make sure you are always treated as her top priority and it is so appreciated. We loved having Susie as our day of coordinator. She made the day go so smoothly and took care of everything for us. I am sure random things came up in the day but I honestly have no idea about them! If anything did come up- Susie was on it and took care of it! She listened to us and made sure to make us her top priority that day. We cannot thank her enough! The staff at the Lodges is absolutely amazing! They are so nice and kind- I wish I knew everyone's names because they were great!!! Thank you for all that you guys do- you were great! The food was delicious!! We did the pulled pork BBQ, chicken breast, mac n cheese, baked beans, etc. and it was SO great!! I still am dreaming about that dinner- it was such good comfort food. We had the BEST bartenders around. Everyone is still talking about how great they were! We were able to do a bon fire afterwards and everyone had a great time! Our room for the night was amazing and they provide a bottle of champagne which was so sweet to come back and see in our room. The Lodges does a fantastic job at making your day extra special with little touches like that. We cannot wait to come to the Lodges and spend anniversaries there. The lodges will always hold a special place in our hearts and we cannot recommend them enough to have your wedding there- you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Casey · Married on 05/11/2019

Just book it already!

Wow! The Lodges at Gettysburg is just all around amazing. As soon as we toured this venue we were absolutely sold. Not only is it gorgeous, but the staff is incredible. They make planning as easy as possible- you can do as much (bring your own centerpieces, find your own vendors, etc) or as little (use their preferred vendors, use their centerpieces, etc) as you want to. They even have a credit in the venue fee that covers your hair, make up and cake costs if you use one of their preferred vendors- STRESS FREE! After touring the venue privately, we immediately booked the place. We also then went to their bridal show where we could meet all their preferred vendors all at once to find the right fit for us effortlessly. We end up using all preferred vendors and it turned out great. Beth helped us with planning and I couldn’t ask for someone better for the job. She answered emails and all questions promptly and gave us updates whenever asked. Nicole was our day of coordinator and she blew us away. She had everything running so smoothly! From ceremony to cocktail hour to reception, she had everything timing perfectly. Both Beth and Nicole were so professional, friendly, and perfect for the roles. The outdoor ceremony location was breathtaking, the bridal suite was huge, and the indoor reception area was perfect. You really don’t even have to decorate much with how beautiful everything already is. All of our guests raved about the food (even from the cheapest package!) and the professionalism of the serving staff. The bar options are incredible! - This also sold us on the venue because they let you have sooooo many beer and wine options served with the open bar. On top of everything else the actual lodges made a perfect day even more perfect. I loved that everyone could stay right on site in the cutest, coziest rooms. I would recommend this location to anyone. If you are on the fence about it- do it!!! You won’t be disappointed. Thank you so much Beth, Nicole, and all the Lodges staff for making the wedding of my dreams a reality.

Sent on 06/18/2019