90 Reviews for The Lodges at Gettysburg

Specialty Beer (5)
In-House Bar (4)
Set Up (4)
Dessert (4)
All Inclusive Packages (3)
Wireless Internet (3)
Cash Bar (3)
Signature Drink (2)
Limited Bar (1)
90 The Lodges at Gettysburg Reviews

My husband and I got married on November 11, 2017...The Lodges was our first and only venue we toured. WE loved it instantly. We worked with Beth throughout the year and she was SUPER fast with getting back to me and my mother when we had any questions. We met all of our vendors at The Lodges " Date Night", for all booked weddings... which made planning a wedding so much easier. Planning a wedding was not my thing what so ever, I wanted nothing to do with it, but Beth and The lodges really made it easier. I met my DJ, Photographer, Officiant and cake baker all at the date night. So much was included in our contract when we signed with The Lodges at Gettysburg. The food was AMAZING. everything about the day was perfect. My niece who is 3 was running around and wondering where she shouldn't have and i saw Beth a couple times bring her back to either the Bridal Suite or to the Reception room. Beth was so sweet during all of my planning and really worked with my mom and I and let us know what would look good and what would not. Her honesty made my wedding absolutely perfect. I can not wait to go back and visit while Bryan and I are in Gettysburg visiting like we always do. I will forever tell people to look in to The Lodges at Gettysburg when either looking for a nice weekend away or for a beautiful wedding. I cant thank all of the Staff at The Lodges enough.

Best Wishes from the new Mr and Mrs. Gibson

Photo for The Lodges at Gettysburg Review - My Dad and I
Photo for The Lodges at Gettysburg Review - Just Married!
Photo for The Lodges at Gettysburg Review - Bryan and I in front of my Dads truck
Photo for The Lodges at Gettysburg Review - Father Daughter dance.
Photo for The Lodges at Gettysburg Review - Sparkler Send off at the end of the night
Photo for The Lodges at Gettysburg Review - My dad driving back around the pond
Photo for The Lodges at Gettysburg Review - Our Bridal Party
Photo for The Lodges at Gettysburg Review - Flower girl, Harper and Ring bearer, Lewis
Profile Picture Clare, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Lodges at Gettysburg was absolutely phenomenal, we couldn't have asked for a better venue to host the most important day of our lives. The Lodges at Gettysburg was by far the most affordable of the local venues that we had researched, and they included so much more than most vendors. The Lodges provided everything from food/bar and cake to tables/chairs, tablecloths, dinnerware, decorations, and an on-site wedding planner for our wedding day. The Lodges at Gettysburg has stunning views for photography, we absolutely loved our photos that were taken there. The lodges where guests stay are charming, clean, and right beside the reception hall so that guests can walk to their rooms. They even have a site for hosting bonfires for guests after the wedding is over. Beth and Susie were absolutely phenomenal wedding planners, they were so prompt with communicating with us and so thorough with answering all of our questions. Susie thought of every little detail ahead of time so that our wedding was completely seamless, relaxing, and fun! We couldn't be happier with our venue and received so many compliments from guests on how beautiful and wonderful the venue was. We would absolutely recommend The Lodges at Gettysburg for weddings or any special occasion. The customer service and quality of the venue is fantastic, and the price for everything that's included is both very reasonable and well worth it!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

My son had his wedding at the Lodges. Everything was wonderful. The location was perfect. All of the guests were from out of town so the lodges made a perfect meeting spot. You could go visit the surrounding tourists sights, but when it was time for the wedding everything was right there. The wedding and reception were beautiful and the everyone loved the food. We also had a "Goodbye Brunch." The food was great and it gave everyone a chance to say goodbye. Check this venue out if your looking for a great experience.

Profile Picture Janice, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter got married recently at The Lodges at Gettysburg and we couldn’t have been happier with this venue. There are so many details to attend to at a wedding and the staff at The Lodges made everything run smoothly. The wedding on the lake was beautiful and The Lodge, where the reception was held, was set up perfectly. From the get-ready rooms, to the reception hall, it was a great place for our guests and for the wedding party. The campfire by the lake after the reception was an added nice touch. From the beginning, the wedding planner answered my questions promptly, kept me informed and was very friendly and accommodating. At the wedding, the coordinators left no detail unattended to. They were excellent at keeping everything on schedule and making sure everyone was where they needed to be. The caterers used by The Lodges were great, too. The food was delicious! Everyone, from the servers, to the front desk clerk, to the coordinators, to the manager, were so friendly and helpful. Also, the fact that most of the wedding guests stayed in cabins on the property, made for a nice way to socialize and see friends and family away from the wedding. Being in Gettysburg, it also gave our guests things to do in town. I am so glad we picked this venue for my daughter’s wedding as everything was perfect! I would highly recommend it. All of our wedding guests had a great time and the bride and groom were so happy!!

Profile Picture Dianna , 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

My wife and I looked at many Venues to find that one place that would wow us. We discovered that with many venues you need to find a license bartender, purchase and transport alcohol. Rent linens , center table decorations. If your fiancée wanted to do her hair and makeup that is more travel you have to do. Then we visited the Lodge at Gettysburg. From the moment we walked in we new something was special with this venue. After touring the Lodge and talking with Beth we were in awe. The package deal included the venue, cake, a place to stay the night in the Honeymoon cabin, they have all the top alcohol and bar with bartenders. The food was catered by Carriage House and was made to fit what we wanted. They recommend several companies for pictures, flowers, cake, officiant,. We called who we wanted to talk to. All vendors do business with the Lodge. Everybody was amazing. The wedding was held by the lake and we used the horse drawn carriage to enter the wedding in. Absolutely amazing way to start the wedding. I recommend the horse and carriage. It added that elegant touch to the entire event. The wedding went perfect. They cleaned up for us and set up tables before hand. This was the best venue ever. Love the staff too. Beth was awesome.

Profile Picture Steve, 6/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Lodges at Gettysburg is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. We were married at the Gettysburg Seminary and had our reception at the Lodges on May 27th, 2017 and my wife and I are both from the midwest so we planned everything long distance. All but 6 of our guests traveled long distance to attend and the Lodges did a FANTASTIC job accommodating the whole family! When we were planning, I thought that it was a little pricey side for both food and the venue, so I had very high expectations.... When it was all said and done, every single part of our day EXCEEDED our expectations 10 fold!! All of the staff were extremely FLEXIBLE which was one of the selling points for us and they supported and enabled us to make our wedding truly our own. Our guests loved the venue and loved staying in the cabins on the hill - it was so fun to have everyone close by and in their own little "house!"

Overall, we had a phenomenal experience at the Lodges. When you book with the Lodges, you will truly have a special, personal, professional experience that far exceed your expectations. Thank you Beth, Nona, Matt, Terry, and everyone else who made our weekend unforgettable!!!!!

Profile Picture Ben, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

There are not enough words to express how absolutely perfect our May 2017 wedding was at the Lodges! From the moment we chose the Lodges, Beth was incredibly helpful, answering all of our questions with a speedy response time. The rehearsal and dinner were excellent, laid back yet but very efficient and so much fun. The day of the wedding was beyond my wildest dreams. The bridal suite is huge and spacious, and it was the perfect place for all of us ladies to get ready. Beth made sure that every single thing was perfect, from coordinating with vendors to helping guests transition from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception and then send off. Beth and her team are so attentive and everything they do is with the bride and groom in mind. They took drink orders for our wedding party and parents so that after we had pictures done we had drinks waiting and our own spread of appetizers in a private room--just wow! That was so incredible to be able to not only get to eat the appetizers we picked, but to have a peaceful moment with our closest family and friends before heading into the reception. My husband and I were treated like royalty, Beth hand delivered dinner for us so we could relax and not go through the food stations, and made sure we always had a drink. At the end of the night, Beth drove my husband and I back to our cabins, where she had already dropped off to-go containers of our wedding dinners and cake as well as champagne and flowers, it was an incredible surprise! I cannot express how stress-free the entire wedding planning process and actual wedding day was. Beth and The Lodges staff, THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts for making our day a fairytale I didn't know was possible. We will be back on our anniversary to enjoy another night there!

Profile Picture Jenn, 5/19/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor

The Lodges at Gettysburg is the PERFECT wedding venue. We had our daughters wedding and reception there May 12,2017. From the first email conversation with Beth to the Farewell breakfast the day after, everything was AMAZING. Beth and Susie are professional, helpful, flexible, even as it poured rain 30 minutes prior to the wedding. They brought everything inside and it was beautiful and seemless. Our guests loved the venue and their lodge rooms.. Our gifts were delivered, the tables were set up, the food was Fabulous, the wait staff very impressive. The use of the space was so convenient. We couldnt be more thrilled about having the most important day of our families life here at the Lodges. THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!!!

Profile Picture Theresa, 5/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

My wedding was beautiful at Lodges of Gettysburg!!! Beth was great through the whole planning process and the day of the wedding!! I can't thank her enough for everything!! My family and friends loved the scenery and the venue!!

Profile Picture Christina, 12/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

I was married here on October 23, 2016. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful venue!! My husband is military and we are stationed in GA so I did EVERYTHING over the phone. They hit everything I wanted right on the head. I mean everything! My wedding planner actually fell and broke her ankle and morning of my wedding!!! They had got another wedding planner on the way before I noticed the other one wasn't there yet! They treated all my friends and family awesome! They made sure I was taken care of the entire time! I've now had more then one person ask about the venue and costs exc because they were so impressed with everything from the ceremony to the food at the reception.

Profile Picture Desire, 10/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We held our daughter's wedding at The Lodges on a Saturday in September 2016 (just weeks ago). We could not have been happier with how everything worked out. The setting was gorgeous, the availability of several spaces worked extremely well (rooms and porch off the main reception area,) and the food (buffet) was excellent. We used all of the cottages for our families and the wedding party which made it feel like a summer camp for the weekend. The bonfire after the wedding reception was especially fun, and brunch at The Lodges the next day worked perfectly. We used a number of the vendors recommended by The Lodges (spa, dj, florist, bus company, cake company, photographer, etc.) and had excellent service from all of them. The staff were very accommodating to our special requests, including learning new ethnic dishes they had not tried before. They provided same-day wedding coordination and oversaw the wedding rehearsal as well. We used the horse and carriage option for the bride and father of the bride and flower girl. In all, the wedding turned out to be everything that the bride and groom dreamed it would be.

Profile Picture User7277896, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Dress & Attire, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Jewelry, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Cake

From the time I arrived at the lodges of Gettysburg I knew I just had to have my wedding there! My wedding was Perfect! Beth and the staff at the lodges were amazing. They made the enitte process very easy. Everything ran very smoothly and she worked great with my vendors. I highly recommend the lodges for a wedding venue! It's absolutely gorgeous. We had a complimentary cabin and it was very nice too! We will definitely be back in the dirt her to stay!

Profile Picture laken , 8/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We recently had my sons wedding at the Lodges and everyone who attended are still raving about how wonderful the venue was. Since 75% of people attending were from out of town, we chose The Lodges because we could have the wedding, reception, and lodging in one spot. Beth the wedding coordinator was fabulous as well as Susan who did an outstanding job coordinating everything the day of the wedding.
All the staff at the lodges, from check- in to the bonfire after the wedding could not be more helpful. The food was fantastic and everything was wonderful. I can not express how happy we are with The Lodges and would highly recommend anyone to have their reception there!

Profile Picture Arlene, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Lodges in August. Beth and Susie were the best! From the first moment we met them, to the the Lodges "date night" to meet vendors, to our wedding day, everything was even better than we could have imagined. At their date night we met and booked all of our vendors and we couldn't have been happier! All the details and amenities were perfect down to having enough lodging for all of our out of town guests. Everyone enjoyed the wedding so much that we even had guests already plan to go back next year! We really enjoyed our experience and we recommend The Lodges to anyone looking for a beautiful venue!

Profile Picture Megan, 8/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony and reception at the Lodges in July 2016. As soon as we saw the venue, we knew it was the PERFECT place for our wedding.

We live a few hours from the venue and were extremely worried about planning from afar. Beth made the entire process seamless. She made herself available for visits at our request and phone calls. She was extremely responsive with emails, even when I was asking too many and likely annoying questions. I could not have asked for a better person to work with.

One hiccup did come up. My entire guest list was traveling and staying in Gettysburg. We did run out of rooms at the Lodges. However, Beth helped set up a room block at a nearby hotel, which was a big relief.

When it came to the day-of-coordination, Susie was exceptional. I was a bit reticent having Beth planning with me the whole way and then passing off to Susie for the day-of. I could not have been more impressed. It was like I was talking to Susie the entire time.

On the day, everything went off without a hitch! If there was any kind of problem, it was dealt with perfectly behind the scenes. Susie organized all of the vendors coming in and made sure everything was just as we had discussed it. She made sure that the entrance and exit into the ceremony was time properly as well. She also made sure we got some deserts and an extra meal in our rooms late at night.

I couldn't have been more impressed with Susie and Beth, and the Lodges in general. I heard rave reviews from guests.

Profile Picture Megan, 7/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Uncovered Outdoor

This is a fantastic venue, with a beautiful location. Very accommodating for not only myself but my guests. Elderly guests were taken to our ceremony site and back to the venue on a golf cart for easy access. Having the cabin afterwards was great after a long eventful day, and even better when we came back to extra food, cake and a bottle of champagne (your so busy with guests you don't really get a chance to eat cake). Only suggestion I have would be for the caterers. Had a few bumps with kids meals and adult chicken tender meals being given to the wrong guests, and they ran out of fruit and veggies for my guests. They also cut my top tier of my cake (which was to be saved) however, whoever makes your cake must provide a box for the top tier and one was not provided to me which is why they cut it. Overall it was a fabulous day making those things very minimal. The venue and staff itself couldn't have been any better.

Profile Picture Brandy, 7/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, Open Bar, Specialty Wine

I knew the moment I walked into the Lodges at Gettysburg that I was going to have my wedding there! The landscape overlooking the battlefield is absolutely gorgeous. The main building is beautiful- with high ceilings, sleek wood floors, wrought iron chandeliers and chairs, a staircase for extra space, and more. The bridal suite is perfect to get ready in and the spa is fabulous. The small lodges for guests to stay in are so nice and worth every penny. Our guests loved that they could simply walk up the hill after partying at the reception!

We worked with Beth S. and she was so extremely helpful! She truly helped to give me the wedding of my dreams! She met with my mom, fiance, MOH and I on multiple occasions. We talked about decorations, table set ups, the timeline, food, etc. She answered my many calls and emails promptly and was sure to answer my questions. I cannot say enough about how wonderful Beth was!

I had so many compliments on my wedding from guests about the entire evening and reception at The Lodges. I wish I could go back and do it all over! I would recommend Beth and The Lodges for any bride looking for a venue in the Gettysburg area.

Profile Picture Meagan, 7/2/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I want to start by saying that our wedding was even more perfect than we could have imagined, and that was due in large part to The Lodges. The setting is gorgeous and peaceful, and the staff is so friendly and helpful!

With most of our guests traveling from all over the country, having them be able to spend the weekend on location was incredibly helpful. Also, I've always heard that your wedding day flies by (which it definitely did!), so being able to continue celebrating after the reception ended was so much fun with all of our loved ones talking and singing around the bonfire.

Profile Picture Jordan, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Book the Lodges! You will not be disappointed! This past weekend we had our Wedding at the Lodges. It was beyond perfect! The venue itself is gorgeous both inside and out. We were supposed to have our ceremony outside but due to the rain it was inside and it was still just as amazing ! Beth, our coordinator, was outstanding. She was patient and kind and I will miss working with her. The staff at the Lodges were so nice and made everyone feel right at home. We received so many compliments - from the venue to the people to the cabins. We would 100% recommend the Lodges to anyone and everyone! The cabins were beautiful and the tavern was a great place to hang out after the wedding. I could go on and on but you will not regret staying here or having your wedding here. Thank you all for your help! We have new amazing memories. Also, the food was incredible and beyond amazing. :)

Profile Picture Kellee, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I'm the MOB. My daughter's wedding at the The Lodges at Gettysburg was absolutely beautiful!! Our Ceremony was outside (it was the most beautiful, bright, sunny day in April we had--thanks for a lot of prayers!) It really is the 'perfect' place for a Wedding, especially if you are interested in having your Ceremony outside. It is an outside venue, as the natural beauty of the location is breathtaking! (Side note: we did our own decorating, inside and out)
The Reception was inside, in the Glory Ridge Ball Room. It was clean, and set up exactly how we requested.
The Food is just fabulous!! Again, everything as requested. (and hot!) :)
We also had our Rehearsal Luncheon there, as well. Beautiful, and not one complaint there, either!
Beth Senseney was our Staff Event Coordinator, and I cannot say enough positive things about her! Susie was assigned as our Wedding Coordinator on the day itself. She was a peach!
We went to their "Wedding Date Night," an Open House they offered prior to the wedding, and it was there we found the BEST Wedding Cake you'll EVER have by Karen Rodkey Cakes. We also booked with Frank King Photography, excellent choice! After several prior attempts to secure a Florist, we found 'the' Florist at the Open House, "The Flower Shop," Koons Florist, Littlestown, PA The flowers were EXACTLY the way my daughter wanted them (she sent her pictures).
I am a 'detailed' person, and I highly recommend the vendors listed above. You will be well pleased.

Profile Picture Linda, 4/17/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Wine, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor

We had our wedding almost 2 weeks ago at the Lodges. It was a destination wedding for us since we live in New York while our families live in Texas. Beth, the wedding coordinator, as well as all of the staff at the Lodges made this process such a wonderful, low-stress event. Beth was so helpful in answering all of mine and my mother's questions. She helped with information about the area and keeping things in order on the actual day, so all I had to do was show up and get married. The day of and day before went so well, from the venue, to the lodging, to the rehearsal walk-through, decorating, everything. Beth and the staff were there every step of the way. They were so friendly, helpful, and ready with answers to questions and suggestions.

The rooms were spacious, stocked with coffee and even had make-up remover wipes in the bathrooms! All of our guests were out of town, so having on-site accommodations was an important key to our choosing the Lodges.

On the day of, the staff helped coordinate so my husband and I didn't run into each other. They helped keep the boys occupied and even helped coordinate lunch so the wedding party didn't turn hangry. My dad and I even rehearsed our father-daughter dance in their office! Overall, it was such an incredible weekend and it would not have been nearly as great without the amazing people at the Lodges. They know what they are doing and make pulling off an awesome wedding seem effortless. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/8/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cocktail Reception, Outside Cake, Server(s), Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Wine

Gorgeous view, awesome staff....and absolutely a awesome place to get married at. My first visit there was as emotional as a bride finding the right dress.. This was the perfect location and cozy little cabins for the guest was such a cute aspect that brings everything together. It's also located on top a gorgeous view away from traffic and any public eyes. Great place for a romantic scenic wedding without the worry of tourists :)

Profile Picture User4727777, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Awesome place to have a wedding!! Food was amazing and the location was beautiful. Fit exactly what I was looking for and the price range was doable. Loved this location and loved the staff. Very responsive.

Profile Picture User6050461, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Cake, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Beth Senseney and Sue Reed were the best people to deal with during our wedding planning and the day of. It was a perfect experience for my husband and I, would recommend The Lodges at Gettysburg to everyone I know.

Profile Picture Rachael , 10/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access