The Lodges at Gettysburg Reviews

99 Reviews for The Lodges at Gettysburg

99 The Lodges at Gettysburg Reviews
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/14/2018

Wonderful Location loved by all!

The Lodges at Gettysburg was the perfect location for our wedding. It was so reassuring to know that they had multiple staff members, ready to attend to our every need throughout the day. The bridal suite & groom’s room were spacious and welcoming.

We loved having our ceremony outdoors by the picturesque lake & fountain. It was wonderful to return to the ball room for our reception - the staff of the Lodges did an excellent job of serving dinner & removing plates in a polite, timely manner!

• ABillotti

Adryana · Married on 09/23/2018

The Lodges at Gettysburg; including Beth and Austin (our day of assistant) were so helpful, welcoming, and accommodating. We were able to have plenty of meetings, come and look at the venue whenever we wanted, and the day of was made so much easier by their help. Even though it rained and our ceremony had to be held indoors, that was even a breeze as the space was already ready! Can't say thank you enough! Love, Ana and Will

Holly · Married on 09/22/2018

I cannot say enough good things about The Lodges at Gettysburg! If you're looking to get married here and this beautiful, classy venue fits the profile of what you want, all I can say is DO IT. You will not regret it. Beth was our wedding coordinator and she went above and beyond for us. She dealt with a constant influx of questions from five separate parents plus me and my husband and always answered thoroughly and politely. I can't imagine that we were the easiest family to work with just because we asked for so much. She helped my stepmom figure out logistics to the tiniest details, she helped my mother-in-law upgrade the wine and champagne, and overall she just handled us with a smile. We are eternally grateful for her, Nona, and the rest of the staff, even the people at the front desk who cheered us on and greeted us with smiles on our wedding day. And everything went off without a single problem. No crises, no issues, they planned and prepared to a T. A+!

WARNING about the HAIR and MAKEUP PERSON! The only iffy thing I have to say is in regards to their on-site hair and makeup artist. Ladies looking to get married here: Don't let the $185 credit lure you. At best, she's a bad businessperson. At worst, she's deceitful. Not sure which is the truth. I would be more than happy to tell more of my story to anyone who asks.

Chris · Married on 09/21/2018

The was the first, and last venue my new wife and I toured. The nature surrounding the venue was the perfect addition to the aesthetically historic, yet functionally modern facilities. And as goregeous as it is, the staff is what we found to be our ultimate deciding factor. Beth made planning a breeze, and laid out our options for the day of without hesitation, and with a huge smile on her face. Susie, our day of coordinator, picked up right where Beth left off. She took the plans right from the page of Beth’s notebook and made them a reality. And of course the food must be mentioned. I’m pretty sure I could have cut my filet mignon with a spoon if I wanted to.

The Lodges at Gettysburg 1
    The Lodges at Gettysburg 2

Gina Bryson · Married on 09/15/2018

Wedding of Our Dreams!

Our wedding was 9/15/18 and it was absolutely fantastic! Our engagement was quite long (1 week shy of 2 years) and we booked the Lodges as our venue very early on. For our entire planning period, Denise and Beth were so helpful in answering every single question I had about having a wedding!! They helped organize our on site lodging, as almost all guests had to stay over night. They were accommodating down to the weeks before ensuring all of our guests had a place to stay! I felt so special on my wedding weekend by all of the staff! They really pamper you! Susie was out day-of coordinator and she was out of this world helpful! She took care of everything and checked in often the day of the wedding! I really trusted them with everything! My guests have RAVED about our wedding! So many compliments on the food and staff. The venue is so perfect, both inside and out! I could not recommend more!

The Lodges at Gettysburg 3
  • Leann

Leann · Married on 08/24/2018

My husband and I fell in love with The Lodges the minute we arrived. It was so accommadating, beautiful, and welcoming that there really is nothing you can't love about the venue! All I truly wanted was to get married outside near a lake and The Lodges had just that and the pricing is unbeatable.

Guests loved that they could literally walk 5 minutes to their rooms after the reception was over and it was such a peace of mind knowing my guests didn't feel that they had to drive home after celebrating with us all night. In regards to our lodge for the night, it was absolutely beautiful! They had placed rose petals on the floor and the bed and a complimentary bottle of champagne. Such an amazing thing to walk in to!

We had such a lovely experience here! I would recommend this location to anyone!

Thank you so much Beth and Austin! You guys were so amazing!

The Lodges at Gettysburg 4
    The Lodges at Gettysburg 5

Katie · Married on 05/12/2018

Amazing Wedding Venue

Choosing the Lodges at Gettysburg for our wedding venue was the best decision we made. Everything was perfect, from our first meeting with the staff, tour of facility, planning of the timeline for our wedding. Beth and her staff are so helpful and very experienced. Our wedding would not have been the same without them! Their attention to details is what really sets them apart!

Danielle · Married on 04/28/2018

If you are looking for a venue that can accommodate you from start to finish, look no farther! My husband and I fell in love with The Lodges from the first moment we toured the grounds. The grounds are absolutely breathtaking and the staff were amazing to work with. They were so accommodating and calming throughout the whole process. Any time we had a question, they were quick to email a response. The day of our wedding, it unfortunately rained, and we were unable to perform our ceremony outside. Our maître d' was out in the pouring rain saving our sand ceremony and working to make our indoor option just as beautiful as the outside ceremony would have been. They were quick problem solvers and made the process smooth and enjoyable. I am forever grateful for how well Beth and Susie took care of us on our special day!

The Lodges at Gettysburg 6

Clare · Married on 11/11/2017

My husband and I got married on November 11, 2017...The Lodges was our first and only venue we toured. WE loved it instantly. We worked with Beth throughout the year and she was SUPER fast with getting back to me and my mother when we had any questions. We met all of our vendors at The Lodges " Date Night", for all booked weddings... which made planning a wedding so much easier. Planning a wedding was not my thing what so ever, I wanted nothing to do with it, but Beth and The lodges really made it easier. I met my DJ, Photographer, Officiant and cake baker all at the date night. So much was included in our contract when we signed with The Lodges at Gettysburg. The food was AMAZING. everything about the day was perfect. My niece who is 3 was running around and wondering where she shouldn't have and i saw Beth a couple times bring her back to either the Bridal Suite or to the Reception room. Beth was so sweet during all of my planning and really worked with my mom and I and let us know what would look good and what would not. Her honesty made my wedding absolutely perfect. I can not wait to go back and visit while Bryan and I are in Gettysburg visiting like we always do. I will forever tell people to look in to The Lodges at Gettysburg when either looking for a nice weekend away or for a beautiful wedding. I cant thank all of the Staff at The Lodges enough.

Best Wishes from the new Mr and Mrs. Gibson

The Lodges at Gettysburg 14
    The Lodges at Gettysburg 15
    The Lodges at Gettysburg 16

Erin · Married on 10/07/2017

The Lodges at Gettysburg was absolutely phenomenal, we couldn't have asked for a better venue to host the most important day of our lives. The Lodges at Gettysburg was by far the most affordable of the local venues that we had researched, and they included so much more than most vendors. The Lodges provided everything from food/bar and cake to tables/chairs, tablecloths, dinnerware, decorations, and an on-site wedding planner for our wedding day. The Lodges at Gettysburg has stunning views for photography, we absolutely loved our photos that were taken there. The lodges where guests stay are charming, clean, and right beside the reception hall so that guests can walk to their rooms. They even have a site for hosting bonfires for guests after the wedding is over. Beth and Susie were absolutely phenomenal wedding planners, they were so prompt with communicating with us and so thorough with answering all of our questions. Susie thought of every little detail ahead of time so that our wedding was completely seamless, relaxing, and fun! We couldn't be happier with our venue and received so many compliments from guests on how beautiful and wonderful the venue was. We would absolutely recommend The Lodges at Gettysburg for weddings or any special occasion. The customer service and quality of the venue is fantastic, and the price for everything that's included is both very reasonable and well worth it!

Janice · Married on 07/08/2017

My son had his wedding at the Lodges. Everything was wonderful. The location was perfect. All of the guests were from out of town so the lodges made a perfect meeting spot. You could go visit the surrounding tourists sights, but when it was time for the wedding everything was right there. The wedding and reception were beautiful and the everyone loved the food. We also had a "Goodbye Brunch." The food was great and it gave everyone a chance to say goodbye. Check this venue out if your looking for a great experience.

Dianna · Married on 07/08/2017

My daughter got married recently at The Lodges at Gettysburg and we couldn’t have been happier with this venue. There are so many details to attend to at a wedding and the staff at The Lodges made everything run smoothly. The wedding on the lake was beautiful and The Lodge, where the reception was held, was set up perfectly. From the get-ready rooms, to the reception hall, it was a great place for our guests and for the wedding party. The campfire by the lake after the reception was an added nice touch. From the beginning, the wedding planner answered my questions promptly, kept me informed and was very friendly and accommodating. At the wedding, the coordinators left no detail unattended to. They were excellent at keeping everything on schedule and making sure everyone was where they needed to be. The caterers used by The Lodges were great, too. The food was delicious! Everyone, from the servers, to the front desk clerk, to the coordinators, to the manager, were so friendly and helpful. Also, the fact that most of the wedding guests stayed in cabins on the property, made for a nice way to socialize and see friends and family away from the wedding. Being in Gettysburg, it also gave our guests things to do in town. I am so glad we picked this venue for my daughter’s wedding as everything was perfect! I would highly recommend it. All of our wedding guests had a great time and the bride and groom were so happy!!

Steve · Married on 06/04/2017

My wife and I looked at many Venues to find that one place that would wow us. We discovered that with many venues you need to find a license bartender, purchase and transport alcohol. Rent linens , center table decorations. If your fiancée wanted to do her hair and makeup that is more travel you have to do. Then we visited the Lodge at Gettysburg. From the moment we walked in we new something was special with this venue. After touring the Lodge and talking with Beth we were in awe. The package deal included the venue, cake, a place to stay the night in the Honeymoon cabin, they have all the top alcohol and bar with bartenders. The food was catered by Carriage House and was made to fit what we wanted. They recommend several companies for pictures, flowers, cake, officiant,. We called who we wanted to talk to. All vendors do business with the Lodge. Everybody was amazing. The wedding was held by the lake and we used the horse drawn carriage to enter the wedding in. Absolutely amazing way to start the wedding. I recommend the horse and carriage. It added that elegant touch to the entire event. The wedding went perfect. They cleaned up for us and set up tables before hand. This was the best venue ever. Love the staff too. Beth was awesome.

Ben · Married on 05/27/2017

The Lodges at Gettysburg is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. We were married at the Gettysburg Seminary and had our reception at the Lodges on May 27th, 2017 and my wife and I are both from the midwest so we planned everything long distance. All but 6 of our guests traveled long distance to attend and the Lodges did a FANTASTIC job accommodating the whole family! When we were planning, I thought that it was a little pricey side for both food and the venue, so I had very high expectations.... When it was all said and done, every single part of our day EXCEEDED our expectations 10 fold!! All of the staff were extremely FLEXIBLE which was one of the selling points for us and they supported and enabled us to make our wedding truly our own. Our guests loved the venue and loved staying in the cabins on the hill - it was so fun to have everyone close by and in their own little "house!"

Overall, we had a phenomenal experience at the Lodges. When you book with the Lodges, you will truly have a special, personal, professional experience that far exceed your expectations. Thank you Beth, Nona, Matt, Terry, and everyone else who made our weekend unforgettable!!!!!

Jenn · Married on 05/19/2017

There are not enough words to express how absolutely perfect our May 2017 wedding was at the Lodges! From the moment we chose the Lodges, Beth was incredibly helpful, answering all of our questions with a speedy response time. The rehearsal and dinner were excellent, laid back yet but very efficient and so much fun. The day of the wedding was beyond my wildest dreams. The bridal suite is huge and spacious, and it was the perfect place for all of us ladies to get ready. Beth made sure that every single thing was perfect, from coordinating with vendors to helping guests transition from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception and then send off. Beth and her team are so attentive and everything they do is with the bride and groom in mind. They took drink orders for our wedding party and parents so that after we had pictures done we had drinks waiting and our own spread of appetizers in a private room--just wow! That was so incredible to be able to not only get to eat the appetizers we picked, but to have a peaceful moment with our closest family and friends before heading into the reception. My husband and I were treated like royalty, Beth hand delivered dinner for us so we could relax and not go through the food stations, and made sure we always had a drink. At the end of the night, Beth drove my husband and I back to our cabins, where she had already dropped off to-go containers of our wedding dinners and cake as well as champagne and flowers, it was an incredible surprise! I cannot express how stress-free the entire wedding planning process and actual wedding day was. Beth and The Lodges staff, THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts for making our day a fairytale I didn't know was possible. We will be back on our anniversary to enjoy another night there!

The Lodges at Gettysburg 17
    The Lodges at Gettysburg 22
    The Lodges at Gettysburg 23
    The Lodges at Gettysburg 24

Theresa · Married on 05/12/2017

The Lodges at Gettysburg is the PERFECT wedding venue. We had our daughters wedding and reception there May 12,2017. From the first email conversation with Beth to the Farewell breakfast the day after, everything was AMAZING. Beth and Susie are professional, helpful, flexible, even as it poured rain 30 minutes prior to the wedding. They brought everything inside and it was beautiful and seemless. Our guests loved the venue and their lodge rooms.. Our gifts were delivered, the tables were set up, the food was Fabulous, the wait staff very impressive. The use of the space was so convenient. We couldnt be more thrilled about having the most important day of our families life here at the Lodges. THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!!!

Christina · Married on 12/03/2016

My wedding was beautiful at Lodges of Gettysburg!!! Beth was great through the whole planning process and the day of the wedding!! I can't thank her enough for everything!! My family and friends loved the scenery and the venue!!

Desire · Married on 10/23/2016

I was married here on October 23, 2016. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful venue!! My husband is military and we are stationed in GA so I did EVERYTHING over the phone. They hit everything I wanted right on the head. I mean everything! My wedding planner actually fell and broke her ankle and morning of my wedding!!! They had got another wedding planner on the way before I noticed the other one wasn't there yet! They treated all my friends and family awesome! They made sure I was taken care of the entire time! I've now had more then one person ask about the venue and costs exc because they were so impressed with everything from the ceremony to the food at the reception.

Elizabeth · Married on 09/24/2016

We held our daughter's wedding at The Lodges on a Saturday in September 2016 (just weeks ago). We could not have been happier with how everything worked out. The setting was gorgeous, the availability of several spaces worked extremely well (rooms and porch off the main reception area,) and the food (buffet) was excellent. We used all of the cottages for our families and the wedding party which made it feel like a summer camp for the weekend. The bonfire after the wedding reception was especially fun, and brunch at The Lodges the next day worked perfectly. We used a number of the vendors recommended by The Lodges (spa, dj, florist, bus company, cake company, photographer, etc.) and had excellent service from all of them. The staff were very accommodating to our special requests, including learning new ethnic dishes they had not tried before. They provided same-day wedding coordination and oversaw the wedding rehearsal as well. We used the horse and carriage option for the bride and father of the bride and flower girl. In all, the wedding turned out to be everything that the bride and groom dreamed it would be.

laken · Married on 08/13/2016

From the time I arrived at the lodges of Gettysburg I knew I just had to have my wedding there! My wedding was Perfect! Beth and the staff at the lodges were amazing. They made the enitte process very easy. Everything ran very smoothly and she worked great with my vendors. I highly recommend the lodges for a wedding venue! It's absolutely gorgeous. We had a complimentary cabin and it was very nice too! We will definitely be back in the dirt her to stay!

Megan · Married on 08/06/2016

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Lodges in August. Beth and Susie were the best! From the first moment we met them, to the the Lodges "date night" to meet vendors, to our wedding day, everything was even better than we could have imagined. At their date night we met and booked all of our vendors and we couldn't have been happier! All the details and amenities were perfect down to having enough lodging for all of our out of town guests. Everyone enjoyed the wedding so much that we even had guests already plan to go back next year! We really enjoyed our experience and we recommend The Lodges to anyone looking for a beautiful venue!

Arlene · Married on 08/06/2016

We recently had my sons wedding at the Lodges and everyone who attended are still raving about how wonderful the venue was. Since 75% of people attending were from out of town, we chose The Lodges because we could have the wedding, reception, and lodging in one spot. Beth the wedding coordinator was fabulous as well as Susan who did an outstanding job coordinating everything the day of the wedding.
    All the staff at the lodges, from check- in to the bonfire after the wedding could not be more helpful. The food was fantastic and everything was wonderful. I can not express how happy we are with The Lodges and would highly recommend anyone to have their reception there!

Megan · Married on 07/16/2016

We had our ceremony and reception at the Lodges in July 2016. As soon as we saw the venue, we knew it was the PERFECT place for our wedding.

We live a few hours from the venue and were extremely worried about planning from afar. Beth made the entire process seamless. She made herself available for visits at our request and phone calls. She was extremely responsive with emails, even when I was asking too many and likely annoying questions. I could not have asked for a better person to work with.

One hiccup did come up. My entire guest list was traveling and staying in Gettysburg. We did run out of rooms at the Lodges. However, Beth helped set up a room block at a nearby hotel, which was a big relief.

When it came to the day-of-coordination, Susie was exceptional. I was a bit reticent having Beth planning with me the whole way and then passing off to Susie for the day-of. I could not have been more impressed. It was like I was talking to Susie the entire time.

On the day, everything went off without a hitch! If there was any kind of problem, it was dealt with perfectly behind the scenes. Susie organized all of the vendors coming in and made sure everything was just as we had discussed it. She made sure that the entrance and exit into the ceremony was time properly as well. She also made sure we got some deserts and an extra meal in our rooms late at night.

I couldn't have been more impressed with Susie and Beth, and the Lodges in general. I heard rave reviews from guests.

Brandy · Married on 07/03/2016

This is a fantastic venue, with a beautiful location. Very accommodating for not only myself but my guests. Elderly guests were taken to our ceremony site and back to the venue on a golf cart for easy access. Having the cabin afterwards was great after a long eventful day, and even better when we came back to extra food, cake and a bottle of champagne (your so busy with guests you don't really get a chance to eat cake). Only suggestion I have would be for the caterers. Had a few bumps with kids meals and adult chicken tender meals being given to the wrong guests, and they ran out of fruit and veggies for my guests. They also cut my top tier of my cake (which was to be saved) however, whoever makes your cake must provide a box for the top tier and one was not provided to me which is why they cut it. Overall it was a fabulous day making those things very minimal. The venue and staff itself couldn't have been any better.