The Lodge On Echo Lake Reviews

The Lodge On Echo Lake 5
The Lodge On Echo Lake 6
The Lodge On Echo Lake 7

John Schmitz · Married on 06/14/2019

Exceptional service for a great value, would highly recommend The Lodge on Echo Lake

We can't say enough about the Lodge, Kathy was exceptional to work with everything went as smoothly as we had hoped. The bonfire at the end was the icing on the cake. The venue was fantastic and the staff was helpful, yet invisible. They were there when needed but were never in the way. I would highly recommend this venue, all our guests were very impressed and continually asked "How did you find such a great place", "we have been by but never knew this lodge existed" Check this place out if you are looking for a great venue with flexibility. Kathy met all our requests and even had suggestions to help us fit the perfect day into our budget.

Sent on 06/25/2019

The Lodge On Echo Lake's reply:

Thank you so much John for your stellar recommendation! We are so happy to hear that you and Lauren had such a wonderful experience both during your planning process as well as on your actual special day itself! That is by our standards, the greatest complement you can give. Our number one objective is to ensure that our bridal couples truly enjoy their wedding day and that they feel that the entire process is seamless for them! Please feel free to share your secret with any other couples that you may know are looking for that unique venue space coupled with exemplary service! And PLEASE share any of your favorite photos with us. We wish you all the best as you begin your life together! XXOO The Lodge On Echo Lake

Amy O'neil · Married on 06/08/2019

Wedding Venue

Fantastic venue. The atmosphere and food was amazing and the bonfire added a special touch to the event. We were very happy to have picked such a great venue.

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Jami

Jami Russell · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing spot for a laid back Adirondack Wedding

We had a wonderful experience at the lodge for our wedding. If you let everyone do their jobs and enjoy yourself, it goes smoothly. Great bang for your buck too! Kathy and the staff were doing some serious hustling to keep things moving and at the same time we never really noticed them. Our entire day from start to finish ran completely flawlessly! All of our guests had wonderful things to say about the venue, the staff, the food, and the wonderful views. Would do it all again in a heart beat! The NEW road house cabin was absolutely wonderful. It was a great spot for the groomsmen to get ready and hang out! Absolutely would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a "low key" Adirondack style wedding

Sent on 04/29/2019
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 11
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 12
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 13

Jesse · Married on 11/03/2018

Planning a wedding is stressful, even if you do what we did and try to keep it simple. There's always details that pop up you would never have thought of. Kathy was AMAZING at helping us with those and more. She has suggestions and recommendations. It was so appreciated! The venue was beautiful, the food was raved about, and everyone enjoyed the bonfire with huge smiles on their faces. The entire staff was top notch.

Sent on 09/30/2018
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 14
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 15
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 16
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 17

Charlie Flike · Married on 10/29/2018

The lodge on echo lake

Our family had a great experience here, i would recommend the lodge to everyone.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Kacie Valdeon · Married on 10/19/2018

Incredible Venue!!

Kathy and the team at The Lodge On Echo Lake were absolutely amazing from start to finish! The venue is incredibly beautiful, the food is delicious and each and every member of the team is very kind and accommodating. Kathy is a pleasure to work with and makes the process of wedding planning so easy! Thank you all for making our day so special!

Sent on 10/21/2018
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 10/14/2018

Perfect location!

Amazing food, views and service

Sent on 10/18/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/16/2018

The Lodge on Echo Lake was the perfect venue for our wedding! Kathy, the coordinator, was so helpful and responsive to all of my questions prior to the wedding. Even the smallest questions were answered within minutes! Our guests could not stop raving about this venue! Thank you for making our wedding a truly memorable experience!

Sent on 09/20/2018
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 23
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 24
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 25

The Lodge On Echo Lake's reply:

Thanks Amanda for the FIVE star review! We loved hosting your and Jonathan's special day and are thrilled that you loved The Lodge and Kathy --- and found it to be exactly what you envisioned for your nuptials! We LOVED all of the unique "Fall-like" decor ideas you utilized inside the venue to boot! Thanks for sharing some of your photos - feel free to send us any others that you love and you might find yourself featured on our holiday card this year! Please feel free to share your new secret with other bridal couples you know who might be looking for a chill, unique Adirondack space with amazing service! We hope to see you and Jonathan back for future events! Thanks agin for taking the time to submit such a lovey review!

Taylor · Married on 11/04/2017

The staff was amazing. They made us feel so special on our day. We couldn’t have asked for a better venue!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Melinda · Married on 10/15/2017

Our experience with The Lodge on Echo Lake was amazing. The staff were helpful and kind. The facility was clean and beautiful! Staff set up our reception with care, and catered to our special requests without hesitation!! Food was AMAZING. We had the bonfire, and it was the highlight of the day for me, I just relaxed and enjoyed my guests. I would recommend the Lodge to any bride and groom looking for a unique wedding location with many choices to make your day exactly what you dreamed of.

Sent on 01/08/2018

Deidre · Married on 10/13/2017

Kathy and her team were top notch. She was quick to answer any questions and was so helpful throughout the planning process.

Sent on 10/20/2017

MK · Married on 10/08/2017

We could not have been more please with our daughter's wedding at the Lodge. Everyone who attended raved about the Lodge, the food and the service. The pot roast was amazing. When comparing this daughter's wedding to our previous wedding experience for our oldest daughter's at a different location we cannot say enough about how amazing Kathy was both during the planning and the day of the wedding.

Sent on 01/01/2018
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 26
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/07/2017

We are so happy we decided to have our wedding at the Lodge on Echo Lake! Living in Maine, I was a little concerned to plan a wedding long distance but Kathy was always helpful and quick to respond to my emails. We had our ceremony on the lower deck and were even able to include our dog in the ceremony. Our guests raved about the food and how beautiful the venue was. Kathy worked with us to customize a package that met our budget, style and dietary needs of a few guests. The staff communicated very well with our band members and photographers to ensure everything went seamlessly. We decided to have a bonfire (so much fun) and rent out one of the 4 BR houses all the cabins for our wedding party. The cabins were great for the groomsmen to get ready and my bridesmaids and I got ready at the house. The weather was absolutely beautiful in early October. My husband and I cannot stop talking about how it was the post perfect day ever.

Sent on 01/07/2018
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 31
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 32
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 33

Sophie · Married on 10/01/2017

The Lodge was great. The food was very good and the staff attentive. This was our 3rd wedding to plan and our best experience yet! Kathy was great to work with and answered emails quickly. Our only suggestion would be to upgrade the cabins, including the houses available. For the price, they really need some significant refurbishing. Also, the bonfire was difficult for our mobility challenged guests to get to. But otherwise, we were highly pleased.

Sent on 12/31/2017

Courtney · Married on 09/23/2017

Kathy and the team at the lodge were over the top! Kathy was so easy to communicate with! She answered any and every question I had in a quickly manner! I was very pleased with everything! Thank you for everything you and your team up at the lodge did for us! You made it enjoying and so easy to work with! I could have not picked a better venue for us to be at! Many of our guests were so impressed with the true Adirondack feel given while being at the lodge! We greatly appreciate everything you all do! I will never be able to thank you enough for making our wedding day unforgettable!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Laurel · Married on 06/10/2017

Kathy is amazing! She helped planning in advance and all the day-of logistics! We could not have gotten through our day without her patience and attention to detail!

Sent on 01/23/2018

The Lodge On Echo Lake's reply:

Thank you so much Laurel for your five star review!! We are thrilled that you and Jeremy had such an amazing day! It makes doing what we do, that much more sensational - when we know we have created truly unique, unforgettable as well as seamless moments for our bridal couples and their guests! Thanks again for taking the time to let us know!

I chose The Lodge for my wedding venue and I would highly recommend it to anyone. My family and I had the best experience with the event planner, Kathy. She answered our endless questions and helped us through the whole planning process. Kathy and the owners went above and beyond our expectations to make sure we were happy customers. It was an absolute pleasure working with The Lodge!

Sent on 08/07/2016

The Lodge On Echo Lake's reply:

Thank you SO much for your kind words about The Lodge and our fabulous team! We pride ourselves on our focus on customer service, attention to detail and our ultimate goal of making each client feel as if their wedding event is the most unique and only wedding event in the world. We are thrilled you felt the same!

Elizabeth · Married on 10/22/2016

My husband and I got married at the Lodge on Echo Lake on October 22nd. We had a GREAT experience with Kathy and the Lodge staff. Kathy the venue coordinator is extremely helpful and organized. She was willing to answer any and all of our questions and was always reachable via cell.

The Lodge provides almost anything you might need. Card box, linens and chair covers, and cake stand? Check. We hardly had to bring anything in ourselves which was a HUGE relief since we couldn't do much in the way of DIY. You also can't beat the interior decor and view from the Lodge porch / building. Set up was a breeze, and I didn't have to worry about absolutely anything on my wedding day.

The food was awesome! The cost per plate was extremely reasonable, and we were able to work out a deal with Kathy to have a carving station which people raved about. The menu selection is varied and everything sounded delicious. We were able to find something for everyone, including our vegetarian guests. The bartenders were quick and responsive, and we were able to pick two delicious kegs of our favorite beers to have on tap.

On the actual day everything went very smoothly. Kathy took great care of my husband and I, and we were happy with everything. The one downside was that it was pouring rain on our wedding day so we didn't get to have a bonfire, but Kathy let us keep the lodge for an extra hour at no cost because of this. They also provided shuttles throughout the evening so our guests could leave as they pleased.

I think the only thing that "went wrong" which really wasn't wrong was that the champagne fountain ran out of champagne. I chalk this up to our family and friends filling their toasting glasses to the brim when most people might just put a sip in their glass. Kathy was quick to put out extra bottles for people so everyone could have some, so problem solved!

Sent on 10/29/2016

The Lodge On Echo Lake's reply:

Thank you so much for your feedback and we are THRILLED to hear that you and Nick loved your experience at The Lodge. It makes our job that much more fun when we know we have created truly unique and special moments for our bridal couples and their guests! We do try to always accommodate the "unexpected" when we can and were glad you were able to enjoy the celebration a bit longer since the the bonfire got rained out...but you know they say, a tiny bit of rain on your wedding day equals good luck for life! We hope to see you back for future family celebrations!

Danielle · Married on 09/16/2016

We had our wedding here about a month ago and we couldn’t of been happier. This venue has everything included, which was exactly what we were looking for. The food was great, the scenery was lovely and Kathy was extremely helpful. I asked her a million questions at random times of the day and she usually responded within 5 minutes to 12 hours. Given the shear amount of couples she has on her plate I was always impressed. The entire staff there was also very helpful and nice and my wedding was amazing. I couldn't of asked for anything better. I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/07/2016

The Lodge On Echo Lake's reply:

Thank you so much Danielle for the five star review!! We are thrilled that you and Andrey had such a wonderful day! It makes our job that much more fun when we know we have created truly unique and special moments for our bridal couples and their guests! Wishing you all the best and please share your favorite photos with us when you get them!

Cynthia · Married on 09/13/2015

The Lodge's wedding coordinator, Kathy Votraw, was wonderful to work with, answered calls and all of our questions promptly. She is certainly an asset to your venue and made the day extra special. We had rain to deal with but it did not dampen the ceremony thanks to Kathy. The Lodge itself and the cabins are unique. We elected to have a bonfire and that was the perfect closing to the day! I am so glad we chose The Lodge on Echo Lake for my daughter's wedding.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Marina · Married on 09/06/2015

As a bride who planned a NY wedding from Colorado as I finished my Masters degree and was packing for a move to Seattle, let me tell you, working with the Lodge was a lifesaver. Their wedding planner Kathy Votraw was more than happy to take my phone calls and happily updated our plans whenever I had a new idea or changed my mind. I got punctual emails, never later than 2 days (and faster as the big day approached), responding to any of my concerns or requests for photos/maps/whatever of the venue.
    The Lodge is gorgeous - the location, the interior, all of the tiny touches that make a wedding feel simple and rustic, yet elegant and sweet. The day-of decor blew me away - do not be scared away by the appearance if you visit during their summer camp! They completely re-vamp the place (including a lot of the surrounding property) for weddings. The high-top tables and chairs, the bar area, the lights on the deck... everything was perfect and added to the fairytale foresty wedding we were looking for. The deck is an incredible bonus, more so than we anticipated. It offers a quieter place away from the music for guests who want to soak in the atmosphere. The food was fantastic - I actually got to eat dinner, yay - and they had a huge selection. Plenty for each guest (we did a buffet with three entree options). There was plenty of room for parking for the guests, as far as I could tell, and I loved how the evening flowed from ceremony to reception to post-wedding bonfire - everything was just steps away from each other. I had a great experience with the staff, as well, with everyone from the "drivers" for the hotel shuttle to the bartenders and servers being extra accommodating and considerate.
    My husband and I, along with tons of our guests, stayed in the property's cabins, which were sweet and clean. Not a lot of frills, though, if you are hoping for a glamorous "get ready" location or wedding night.
    I am STILL hearing from people that our wedding was incredible. :)

Sent on 01/10/2016

Steve · Married on 09/04/2015

I was at Tanya and Josh's wedding yesterday and it was a great time, the food was excellent and the staff was very professional, Must be getting old the music was to loud and was a little warm in there but all and all was a great time had by all. I was there in 08 for another wedding, so anyone getting married that's the place to go for a great time.

Sent on 09/05/2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue, Kathy (wedding coordinator) and the entire crew!!! After seeing them advertised in so many magazines I never thought I could afford them, but after going through lots of different options for the bar got it right in my budget, and without any of the guests even noticing a difference. Every question I asked for options was not only answered but actually plugged into a sample invoice so I could see the full picture. Often my emails were even answered within an hour. One of the great things about the lodge that makes them more affordable than others that advertise lower per plate cost is that they didn't up-charge for every little thing. Others charged $40 per hour per staff for setup and cleanup (rounded up of course), full length table cloths, colored linens, per chair for ceremony, ceremony arbor, etc, etc, etc. there is so much they include that I saved a lot of money on the things I didn't have to buy, rent or outsource like cake stands, arbor, envelope box, and there were even options. the chef can even accommodate individual guests with dietary restrictions: vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, food allergies, you name it. And the food was absolutely delicious!

What really made them stand out more than even just as a venue, or price, bar or food was the people. They were a great team and treated us like family. Their kindness, compassion, calmness and honesty is rarely seen, especially in this field. My wedding was at an unexpectedly and extremely difficult time for my family after my brother passed away 5 days before the wedding. Kathy and the entire crew were wonderful, supportive, and made everything seamless and stress free, which was everything we needed.

I cannot recommend them enough, or thank them enough for everything!!!

PS..... Tips: rent the cabins and early as they book up.

Sent on 02/03/2016

Emily · Married on 05/31/2015

My husband and I had the most wonderful experience with the Lodge on Echo Lake. I did not know a ton going into venue hunting and the Lodge and their staff were so helpful and educational. AND substantially cheaper than most surrounding venues!!! We got the most bang for our buck for sure! They do the catering themselves and the food was to die for! Seven months later and our guests are still talking about how yummy it was. Rain or shine, this venue is still stunning. Perfect Adirondack flare without being over the top and great spots for photos. I literally have nothing but praise for the Lodge and their staff. Top notch for sure!!

Sent on 12/30/2015