The Lodge On Echo Lake Reviews

58 | Warrensburg, NY

58 Reviews for The Lodge On Echo Lake

58 The Lodge On Echo Lake Reviews

Jesse · Getting married on 11/03/2018

Planning a wedding is stressful, even if you do what we did and try to keep it simple. There's always details that pop up you would never have thought of. Kathy was AMAZING at helping us with those and more. She has suggestions and recommendations. It was so appreciated! The venue was beautiful, the food was raved about, and everyone enjoyed the bonfire with huge smiles on their faces. The entire staff was top notch.

The Lodge On Echo Lake 4
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 5
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 6
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 7

Caitlin · Married on 10/14/2018

Perfect location!

Amazing food, views and service

Amanda · Married on 09/16/2018

The Lodge on Echo Lake was the perfect venue for our wedding! Kathy, the coordinator, was so helpful and responsive to all of my questions prior to the wedding. Even the smallest questions were answered within minutes! Our guests could not stop raving about this venue! Thank you for making our wedding a truly memorable experience!

Sent on 09/20/2018
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 13
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 14
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 15

The Lodge On Echo Lake's reply:

Thanks Amanda for the FIVE star review! We loved hosting your and Jonathan's special day and are thrilled that you loved The Lodge and Kathy --- and found it to be exactly what you envisioned for your nuptials! We LOVED all of the unique "Fall-like" decor ideas you utilized inside the venue to boot! Thanks for sharing some of your photos - feel free to send us any others that you love and you might find yourself featured on our holiday card this year! Please feel free to share your new secret with other bridal couples you know who might be looking for a chill, unique Adirondack space with amazing service! We hope to see you and Jonathan back for future events! Thanks agin for taking the time to submit such a lovey review!

Taylor · Married on 11/04/2017

The staff was amazing. They made us feel so special on our day. We couldn’t have asked for a better venue!

Melinda · Married on 10/15/2017

Our experience with The Lodge on Echo Lake was amazing. The staff were helpful and kind. The facility was clean and beautiful! Staff set up our reception with care, and catered to our special requests without hesitation!! Food was AMAZING. We had the bonfire, and it was the highlight of the day for me, I just relaxed and enjoyed my guests. I would recommend the Lodge to any bride and groom looking for a unique wedding location with many choices to make your day exactly what you dreamed of.

Deidre · Married on 10/13/2017

Kathy and her team were top notch. She was quick to answer any questions and was so helpful throughout the planning process.

MK · Married on 10/08/2017

We could not have been more please with our daughter's wedding at the Lodge. Everyone who attended raved about the Lodge, the food and the service. The pot roast was amazing. When comparing this daughter's wedding to our previous wedding experience for our oldest daughter's at a different location we cannot say enough about how amazing Kathy was both during the planning and the day of the wedding.

The Lodge On Echo Lake 16
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/07/2017

We are so happy we decided to have our wedding at the Lodge on Echo Lake! Living in Maine, I was a little concerned to plan a wedding long distance but Kathy was always helpful and quick to respond to my emails. We had our ceremony on the lower deck and were even able to include our dog in the ceremony. Our guests raved about the food and how beautiful the venue was. Kathy worked with us to customize a package that met our budget, style and dietary needs of a few guests. The staff communicated very well with our band members and photographers to ensure everything went seamlessly. We decided to have a bonfire (so much fun) and rent out one of the 4 BR houses all the cabins for our wedding party. The cabins were great for the groomsmen to get ready and my bridesmaids and I got ready at the house. The weather was absolutely beautiful in early October. My husband and I cannot stop talking about how it was the post perfect day ever.

The Lodge On Echo Lake 17
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 18
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 19
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 20
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 21
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 22
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 23

Sophie · Married on 10/01/2017

The Lodge was great. The food was very good and the staff attentive. This was our 3rd wedding to plan and our best experience yet! Kathy was great to work with and answered emails quickly. Our only suggestion would be to upgrade the cabins, including the houses available. For the price, they really need some significant refurbishing. Also, the bonfire was difficult for our mobility challenged guests to get to. But otherwise, we were highly pleased.

Courtney · Married on 09/23/2017

Kathy and the team at the lodge were over the top! Kathy was so easy to communicate with! She answered any and every question I had in a quickly manner! I was very pleased with everything! Thank you for everything you and your team up at the lodge did for us! You made it enjoying and so easy to work with! I could have not picked a better venue for us to be at! Many of our guests were so impressed with the true Adirondack feel given while being at the lodge! We greatly appreciate everything you all do! I will never be able to thank you enough for making our wedding day unforgettable!

Laurel · Married on 06/10/2017

Kathy is amazing! She helped planning in advance and all the day-of logistics! We could not have gotten through our day without her patience and attention to detail!

• User6088283 · 1+ year ago

I chose The Lodge for my wedding venue and I would highly recommend it to anyone. My family and I had the best experience with the event planner, Kathy. She answered our endless questions and helped us through the whole planning process. Kathy and the owners went above and beyond our expectations to make sure we were happy customers. It was an absolute pleasure working with The Lodge!

Elizabeth · Married on 10/22/2016

My husband and I got married at the Lodge on Echo Lake on October 22nd. We had a GREAT experience with Kathy and the Lodge staff. Kathy the venue coordinator is extremely helpful and organized. She was willing to answer any and all of our questions and was always reachable via cell.

The Lodge provides almost anything you might need. Card box, linens and chair covers, and cake stand? Check. We hardly had to bring anything in ourselves which was a HUGE relief since we couldn't do much in the way of DIY. You also can't beat the interior decor and view from the Lodge porch / building. Set up was a breeze, and I didn't have to worry about absolutely anything on my wedding day.

The food was awesome! The cost per plate was extremely reasonable, and we were able to work out a deal with Kathy to have a carving station which people raved about. The menu selection is varied and everything sounded delicious. We were able to find something for everyone, including our vegetarian guests. The bartenders were quick and responsive, and we were able to pick two delicious kegs of our favorite beers to have on tap.

On the actual day everything went very smoothly. Kathy took great care of my husband and I, and we were happy with everything. The one downside was that it was pouring rain on our wedding day so we didn't get to have a bonfire, but Kathy let us keep the lodge for an extra hour at no cost because of this. They also provided shuttles throughout the evening so our guests could leave as they pleased.

I think the only thing that "went wrong" which really wasn't wrong was that the champagne fountain ran out of champagne. I chalk this up to our family and friends filling their toasting glasses to the brim when most people might just put a sip in their glass. Kathy was quick to put out extra bottles for people so everyone could have some, so problem solved!

Danielle · Married on 09/16/2016

We had our wedding here about a month ago and we couldn’t of been happier. This venue has everything included, which was exactly what we were looking for. The food was great, the scenery was lovely and Kathy was extremely helpful. I asked her a million questions at random times of the day and she usually responded within 5 minutes to 12 hours. Given the shear amount of couples she has on her plate I was always impressed. The entire staff there was also very helpful and nice and my wedding was amazing. I couldn't of asked for anything better. I highly recommend this venue!

Cynthia · Married on 09/13/2015

The Lodge's wedding coordinator, Kathy Votraw, was wonderful to work with, answered calls and all of our questions promptly. She is certainly an asset to your venue and made the day extra special. We had rain to deal with but it did not dampen the ceremony thanks to Kathy. The Lodge itself and the cabins are unique. We elected to have a bonfire and that was the perfect closing to the day! I am so glad we chose The Lodge on Echo Lake for my daughter's wedding.

Marina · Married on 09/06/2015

As a bride who planned a NY wedding from Colorado as I finished my Masters degree and was packing for a move to Seattle, let me tell you, working with the Lodge was a lifesaver. Their wedding planner Kathy Votraw was more than happy to take my phone calls and happily updated our plans whenever I had a new idea or changed my mind. I got punctual emails, never later than 2 days (and faster as the big day approached), responding to any of my concerns or requests for photos/maps/whatever of the venue.
    The Lodge is gorgeous - the location, the interior, all of the tiny touches that make a wedding feel simple and rustic, yet elegant and sweet. The day-of decor blew me away - do not be scared away by the appearance if you visit during their summer camp! They completely re-vamp the place (including a lot of the surrounding property) for weddings. The high-top tables and chairs, the bar area, the lights on the deck... everything was perfect and added to the fairytale foresty wedding we were looking for. The deck is an incredible bonus, more so than we anticipated. It offers a quieter place away from the music for guests who want to soak in the atmosphere. The food was fantastic - I actually got to eat dinner, yay - and they had a huge selection. Plenty for each guest (we did a buffet with three entree options). There was plenty of room for parking for the guests, as far as I could tell, and I loved how the evening flowed from ceremony to reception to post-wedding bonfire - everything was just steps away from each other. I had a great experience with the staff, as well, with everyone from the "drivers" for the hotel shuttle to the bartenders and servers being extra accommodating and considerate.
    My husband and I, along with tons of our guests, stayed in the property's cabins, which were sweet and clean. Not a lot of frills, though, if you are hoping for a glamorous "get ready" location or wedding night.
    I am STILL hearing from people that our wedding was incredible. :)

Steve · Married on 09/04/2015

I was at Tanya and Josh's wedding yesterday and it was a great time, the food was excellent and the staff was very professional, Must be getting old the music was to loud and was a little warm in there but all and all was a great time had by all. I was there in 08 for another wedding, so anyone getting married that's the place to go for a great time.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue, Kathy (wedding coordinator) and the entire crew!!! After seeing them advertised in so many magazines I never thought I could afford them, but after going through lots of different options for the bar got it right in my budget, and without any of the guests even noticing a difference. Every question I asked for options was not only answered but actually plugged into a sample invoice so I could see the full picture. Often my emails were even answered within an hour. One of the great things about the lodge that makes them more affordable than others that advertise lower per plate cost is that they didn't up-charge for every little thing. Others charged $40 per hour per staff for setup and cleanup (rounded up of course), full length table cloths, colored linens, per chair for ceremony, ceremony arbor, etc, etc, etc. there is so much they include that I saved a lot of money on the things I didn't have to buy, rent or outsource like cake stands, arbor, envelope box, and there were even options. the chef can even accommodate individual guests with dietary restrictions: vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, food allergies, you name it. And the food was absolutely delicious!

What really made them stand out more than even just as a venue, or price, bar or food was the people. They were a great team and treated us like family. Their kindness, compassion, calmness and honesty is rarely seen, especially in this field. My wedding was at an unexpectedly and extremely difficult time for my family after my brother passed away 5 days before the wedding. Kathy and the entire crew were wonderful, supportive, and made everything seamless and stress free, which was everything we needed.

I cannot recommend them enough, or thank them enough for everything!!!

PS..... Tips: rent the cabins and early as they book up.

Emily · Married on 05/31/2015

My husband and I had the most wonderful experience with the Lodge on Echo Lake. I did not know a ton going into venue hunting and the Lodge and their staff were so helpful and educational. AND substantially cheaper than most surrounding venues!!! We got the most bang for our buck for sure! They do the catering themselves and the food was to die for! Seven months later and our guests are still talking about how yummy it was. Rain or shine, this venue is still stunning. Perfect Adirondack flare without being over the top and great spots for photos. I literally have nothing but praise for the Lodge and their staff. Top notch for sure!!

I got married at the Lodge this fall and couldn't be happier with having picked it as my wedding ceremony and reception venue. Kathy is outstanding. She is incredibly helpful, very quick to respond to emails, and willing to help customize the wedding the way you want it. We changed up some of the menu and drink packages including bringing our own hard cider instead of champaign for the champaign fountain (which is awesome). She was more than willing to work with us to change up the packages and prices to fit what we wanted. On the day of, she and her staff did an amazing job of setting up the decorations exactly like the pictures I provided to her. Walking into the Lodge was how I hoped it would be. They got everything right and helped make for a very smooth day. The grounds and Lodge are absolutely beautiful if you're looking for an Adirondack wedding. HIGHLY recommend!

Cassy · Married on 10/10/2014

The lodge was wonderful and made everything come together for our big day. The food was amazing and all of the employees were very accommodating! I was so happy after all the time and money that went into our reception it turned into a night to remember!!!!

Alexis · Married on 09/14/2014

Echo Lake was incredibly flexible in helping us create our dream wedding. We did many unconventional things that they had never done before, and they gave us the space, freedom, and help to push boundaries and create a completely unique and meaningful experience. It came out beautifully and was entirely representative of my now husband and me.

The lodge was great when it came to planning our wedding. Kathy was so responsive and helpful with all of our questions. Defiantly would recommend this venue.

The Lodge on Echo Lake was the perfect setting for our rustic casual ceremony and reception. We had our ceremony on the lawn in front of the picturesque lake and our reception inside the lodge. Kathy V. is the manager and event coordinator, she was EXTREMELY helpful through out the entire planning process and was always willing to make changes to accommodate anything. One of the many things I appreciated about Kathy was her quick response time, I would email her with a question or concern and I would get a reply almost immediately. We rented a house on the lake the week of the wedding and I can't tell you how amazing it was to be right there and be able to walk, run or swim over to Echo Lake property. A few of our guests rented the modern cabins and we also had some guests stay in the bunk cabins. Kathy was especially terrific during our ceremony rehearsal, we had an overly excessive large bridal party and she was able to take charge tell everyone where to go and what to do to be prepared for the next day. The day of the event I was confident and certain that if any problem were to arise she and her staff would seamlessly take care of it. The Lodge on Echo Lake is a very popular wedding location, even though there were multiple wedding daily and no matter how busy she was Kathy always made me feel appreciated and that our day mattered. Which I'm sure is very important to any bride!! I could go on and on about how perfect our day was. The Lodge on Echo Lake will always hold a special place in my heart and I must mention that pictures just don't do it justice, it's much more spectacular in person. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful rustic casual setting.