The Lodge at Welch Allyn Reviews

The Lodge at Welch Allyn 6
The Lodge at Welch Allyn 7
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/19/2018

Say YES to The Lodge.. :)

I can't recommend the Lodge enough! If you are looking for a beautiful place to be married with excellent food and staff this is the place to go. Joelle went above and beyond for us and is such a genuine sweet person who makes you feel at ease during the entire process. She is extremely responsive and had everything spot on. Together we planned the wedding of my dreams in just 8 months and I couldn't be happier and more blessed to have her. My guests raved about the beautiful venue, the food, DJ and how nice the staff was and overall the fun atmosphere. In addition to Joelle, Megan was amazing as well as all the catering staff the night of. Very polite and professional group of people who make people feel welcome! They contract through Visa Versa entertainment for DJ service- CJ did an amazing job and the whole process was just seamless and stress free. So I recommend them a thousand times! My wedding day was perfect!

The Lodge at Welch Allyn 8

Meghan · Married on 08/18/2018

We had an amazing experience working with the Lodge both during the planning process and the wedding day itself. Joelle, the coordinator for the Lodge, was in constant communication throughout planning, quickly responding to any inquiries. The food was absolutely delicious and we still have guests raving about it. The service staff was also top of the line. We had zero worries the day of the wedding because they ran it all so smoothly.

Beth · Married on 09/29/2017

We had the most amazing wedding at The Lodge. Joelle and Megan were wonderful to work with. Joelle was our wedding coordinator and she was just so knowledgeable and relaxing. It made the planning process so much easier. We also went with most of their recommended vendors, which made things run like a well oiled machine because everyone has worked together before. We did stations and the food was AMAZING, we received so many compliments from our guests. I loved how they have the tastings twice a year and it is set up just like a wedding. We actually changed what we were going to do for our centerpieces based on what we saw at this event. We did get the "basic" package for the fireworks and they were way better than I thought they were going to be. These were a surprise for our guests and everyone loved them. We also had our ceremony in front of the big window. Everything was perfect!

Jenna · Married on 09/22/2017

We couldn't be happier with the ease of working with Joelle and everyone at the Lodge. The entire staff is so friendly and helpful, making the most stressful parts of planning feel like a breeze. The food was incredible and completely above our expectations. My only regret is not making it to cocktail hour in time to have more snacks! The staff was even so kind as to save us some of the passed hors d'oeuvres to try once our pictures were finished. The setting, quality, and organization is so worth it!

• F

Renee · Married on 09/17/2017

We could not be happier that we chose The Lodge for our ceremony and reception! Meghan was amazing to work with from day one. If there was something we didn't think of, she thought of it. Nothing was overlooked. The venue was gorgeous, the food was delicious, and the service was top notch! We even had our own server (Emily, who was amazing!) assigned to my husband and me to make sure we never went without food or drink while we were busy running around with photos and the other things that keep pulling a bride and groom away. We can't say enough good things about The Lodge. It was obvious that making our special day perfect was as important to them as it was to us. - Renée & Mark 9/17/17

Alana · Married on 08/26/2017

I couldn't imagine having our wedding at any other venue. From the second we walked in the front door we knew that was where we were going to get married. The building is so pretty, the food is absolutely delicious, and the staff is amazing. Joelle helped us plan our wedding and she was extremely responsive and accommodating. We met with her several times to go over everything from start to finish and the day of our wedding went so smoothly because of her. They also had one of the waitresses, Emily, take care of everything for us and our families which was unexpected and awesome because it gave us more time to relax and talk to people. She brought us plates of food from the buffet and none of us had to go to the bar for drinks because she had fresh drinks ready for us when ours got low, even when she had to search for us on the dance floor. Another cool thing about the Lodge is that Visa Versa Entertainment has all of their lights already hooked up in the rafters of the building, so lighting is way cheaper through them than it would be elsewhere where the lights need to be hung up. The Lodge made our wedding day so incredibly fabulous and I definitely recommend them!!

Meghan · Married on 10/29/2016

Honestly, I know everyone says it, but The Lodge is absolutely amazing. Not only do they have the most beautiful venue, but the most amazing staff. I worked with Joelle and she took my vision and turned it into a reality. They are so accommodating and if you can imagine it they will figure out a way to make it happen. I could not have imagine a more perfect evening. Everything was perfectly in place and the staff was so professional and on top of everything. Emily was assigned to me that evening and made sure that I, the wedding party, including my dad was fully taken care of. She brought us drinks, food, and checked in regularly to see if I needed anything at all. They managed the evening perfectly and it felt so natural going from cocktail hour, to introductions, dinner, cake cutting and everything in between. After the wedding was over my dad wanted to wait to collect everything that night. They efficiently and quickly, might I add, washed silverware, cups, and packed everything up so neatly so he could take it that night. I cannot express how thankful I am that Joelle and her team were in charge of our special day. I would trust them with any event, they have it down.

Kelly · Married on 10/08/2016

This was a dream wedding venue for my daughter's winter wedding. We also enlisted Cottonwood Studios for pictures-what an amazing job! Joelle Eddy of The Lodge could not be more helpful-the entire staff worked very hard to ensure my daughter's dream came true and the price was very reasonable and within our budget. Thank you!!!! I would recommend this venue and Cottonwood Studios to any bride!

The Lodge at Welch Allyn 9
    The Lodge at Welch Allyn 10
    The Lodge at Welch Allyn 11
    The Lodge at Welch Allyn 12

Johanna · Married on 10/07/2016

This was the perfect venue for our fall wedding! Rustic and elegant, with the lights it looked like a fairy-tale come true. Joelle was amazing, and responsive throughout the entire planning process. On the day of the wedding, she was there every step of the way to make sure it all went smoothly. I would highly recommend this venue for any wedding, with the outdoor patio, indoor fireplace, and overall look and feel. We were able to take photos outside and inside, and when the lights came on at night, it was simply magical. We couldn't have asked for more!!

Sara · Married on 06/25/2016

I cannot say enough AMAZING things about the Lodge, their staff, and our amazing coordinator Meghan! Our wedding was the best night of our lives, mostly in part to the wonderful time our family and friends had during our reception. From the moment we booked the venue, Meghan was there every step of the way to help with planning. She made planning a wedding out of state a breeze, and is extremely prompt in responding to e-mails/calls. I never stressed about planning my reception all thanks to Meghan. The venue is gorgeous and is open to just your wedding the entire night. Our family and friends can't stop raving about the food and drinks! The staff is extremely professional and check in with you as needed throughout the night. They even go as far to bring you food and drinks to ensure you are enjoying your night! We hope to be guests someday at another Lodge wedding. Thank you again to Meg and the Lodge staff for executing the most perfect wedding we ever could have dreamed of!

Katie · Married on 06/18/2016

Great to work with and incredibly accommodating pre, during and post wedding. The food is amazing, as a bride, I did not have to worry about anything while at the reception. They keep you on time, taken care of and incredibly happy.

Nikki · Married on 09/26/2015

The Lodge and Meghan in particular was amazing to deal with for our event. We had a rather large wedding with lots of custom never done before design and food requests. The Lodge was flexible with all of them and met with us and our vendors several times to figure out all of our logistics. The property is truly beautiful and our guests were blown away. We would highly recommend considering the Lodge for any wedding or event.

Michelle · Married on 07/12/2015

Meghan Coe and the rest of the staff were amazing. They were very professional and accommodating in most of our requests. Our day was perfect and all of guests had a wonderful time. I hope someday I can be a guest at someone's wedding at the Lodge. The food was excellent, best wedding food we have had in a long time. The atmosphere and property had a cozy rustic elegant feel. Our friends and family are still talking about how much they enjoyed themselves.

• Nicoled327

Nicole · Married on 11/22/2014

The most amazing place to have a wedding. Everything from the food to the linens were perfect. Meghan is amazing at what she does and will help you have a stress free wedding day. Highly recommend The Lodge!

The Lodge was absolutely stunning! It was a beautiful place for our wedding. One thing was we weren't allowed to take any extra food home with us. I was disappointed since there was quite a bit left and it stayed at the Lodge. Meghan the coordinator was great however. She set up all our centerpieces and they were quite intricate and it was perfect. Fireworks were well worth it. They lasted probably 15-20 minutes and were beautiful.

Michelle · Married on 07/12/2014

Meghan and her staff were perfect! From the first day of visiting the venue to the big day to returning back after the wedding to collect our decor, the entire staff was professional, extremely friendly, and very respectful. Everyone of our guests had a wonderful time. My husband and I hope some day we will go to another wedding at this venue as guests. It was absolutely divine. Food was amazing, very tasty, variety of food, our guests could not stop talking about how delicious everything was! The best part was the late night snack option! Perfect ending to our perfect day! The lodge is worth every penny!!!

Perfect in every way! We had our reception at The Lodge on July 11, 2014. Meghan, Bill, and everyone else at The Lodge helped to make our day truly incredible. Helpful, talented, and full of ideas! We never had to worry about anything knowing that every detail would be handled by Meghan. We told her our visions and wants, dropped of what we had for decor, and the rest is history! Our guests raved about the staff, the food, and the beauty of the venue! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We recommend this venue a thousand times over! <3

- Rich and Bre

Amy · Married on 10/19/2013

The lodge at Welch Allyn was amazing for my wedding! They did all of the set up and clean up. Worked out a VERY customized package and included EVERYTHING I visioned, and I spend too much time on pinterest! There is nothing more they could have done to make my wedding Perfect.

Theresa · Married on 09/28/2013

I cannot say enough about the Lodge!

Beginning with my first phone call to book a reception date I was treated with respect and professionalism and this continued throughout the whole 16 month wedding planning process!

Meg, the wedding coordinator, is amazing. I never felt like I was just one of the many brides who get married there. She always remembered what I was talking about any time that I emailed or called her (which was alot!).

Everything at the Lodge is done with incredible professionalism and customer service. The day of the wedding alone we were greeted with apps and drinks in the bridal suite, amenity baskets in the bathrooms for our guests, and a bottle of champagne at our sweetheart table.

They are also extremely flexible - no passed apps with your dinner? Done and bill reduced! Want a customized menu item? Done! Cigars out back? Done! Want to use their card box and lanterns for decorations? Done!

The value is also amazing. They are pricey, but not nearly as much as some other places in the Finger Lakes wine area. They also don't nickel and dime you for cake cutting or champagne toasts - it's just all included!

Extras we paid for included lights around the railings, hotel welcome bags (that they deliver for you - so awesome!), hot cider, and a bit extra for colored linens instead of the standard white/ivory.

The food was absolutely incredible. The best wedding food or banquet food in general I've ever had. We did stations, which our guests loved and which were set up in such a way that there were no lines and the flow was quick.

We were able to bring our own desserts, which they laid out beautifully for us. I had a signature drink that required apples, and they ordered apples.

And this is all not mentioning how freaking gorgeous the place is!

To end, here's a comment I heard repeated over and over at the wedding: "Now I know why you booked this place so far in advance!"

This was the BEST venue in NYS!! Everything there was amazing and beautiful. I love the tall A-frame contemporary building, wood structure, and man-made pond. The staff was extremely friendly and very professional. They all did an amazing and fantastic job. They even shipped in a special liquor that I requested for my signature drink. Highly recommend The Lodge!!!

Jennifer · Married on 07/11/2013

The Lodge was awesome. A beautiful spot for a reception! Loved the deck and the uplighting we did. Meghan was great to work with she was very responsive and not pushy! Loved it all!!

The Lodge is a beautiful and unique venue - as soon as we walked in, we knew this was the place. In addition to the beauty of the Lodge itself, the team that runs the events at the Lodge are wonderful. Meg made sure that everything was set up exactly as we discussed, she provided us with ideas throughout the planning process, was flexible and open to any of our suggestions, and was always quick to respond to any questions or concerns we had via e-mail. In addition to the service, the food at the Lodge is Amazing.
    I would highly recommend this venue to any soon-to-be brides or grooms looking to get married in Central NY - the professionalism of the staff and beauty of the Lodge can't be beat!

Michelle · Married on 02/16/2013

We held our wedding reception at the Lodge in February of this year and it was simpy amazing. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and its the perfect location for a winter wedding. Meg and her staff were great to work with, and I truly could not have planned such a special day without her help. We got tons of compliments on the food as well. I highly recommend the Lodge to anyone looking for a unique location with a profressional staff!

Adrienne · Married on 09/22/2012

My wedding was made amazing by having it at the lodge. Could not have asked for a better day!!