The Lodge at Flat Rock Reviews

69 Reviews for The Lodge at Flat Rock

• Heather

Heather Slaughter · Getting married on 07/10/2020

Mountain Lodge in Flat Rock North Carolia

I have so many wonderful things to say about, the Mountain Lodge in Flat Rock. First, let me tell you what we, (Stephen and I) wanted for our wedding. We wanted a small wedding with immediate family only and a select group of very close friends. Our count came to around 70---a GREAT number---because people = money. And we wanted good food – a relaxing atmosphere at a beautiful location.
    We needed a space for our extended family to be able to enjoy, relax. We wanted a mountain feel, especially for our family who haven't been to the mountains. We needed HELP doing all of these wonderful things!
    What you, and your partner must look for is a staff that will help you along this fast-paced journey, a staff who can help you with last minute, 'OOPS WE Forgot That' moments.
    And Mountain Lodge is the PERFECT Place!
    Mountain Lodge staff not only helped us with the silly things we forgot. They were thoughtful, accommodating, patient and above all professional.
    We had our rehearsal dinner, and reception dinner there.
    Our rehearsal dinner we had maybe 60 people, so we decided we wanted comfort BBQ food - a bit of NC flare and relaxing get to know one another time, and WOW! What a great decision- everyone loved the food they provided- staff was on hand and not overbearing or intrusive. The bread was fresh, both BBQ were provided- just an all-out Yum! The family was able to mingle in a relaxing environment and visit with one another- everyone told us how nice it was to have the down time, as we tend to forget - Most families have traveled a LONG way to see us and they need the time to unwind as well. How awesome was it that The Mountain Lodge fit ALL of these things for us!
    A woman named Wendy who works at the hotel is the most amazing - kind - wonderful person to work with. She even did my flowers and OH MY Did she do an amazing job- and I don't mean she did a passable ok job- these flowers were creative and works of art truly. If I ever needed help she was there- I really made sure to not bother her too much, when you talk to her she just puts you at ease and you just KNOW she has got everything you need- listened to your wants and helps with everything you didn't plan for. Honestly it was the whole group of people on staff that weekend. All of them – I can’t thank any of them enough. We got really lucky to have picked this venue to hold our special day.
    The Mountain Lodge has a GORGEOUS setting in the back to provide for weddings. They offer a clean indoor pool for guests to enjoy. Edison lights lace the outdoors with a waterfall falling over rocks- very pretty.
    ALL in all, if you have tossed and turned with thoughts of where to provide lodging- have a function at the Mountain Lodge or considered having your wedding here--- DO SO.
    The staff here are WONDERFUL! From the front desk to the cleaning staff- the guy walking around who knew everyone's name, to the wonderful staff who provided a delicious breakfast I consider myself so lucky to have picked this site- those people. All I can say is THANK YOU GUYS!
    You made our day so beautiful! I laughed and smiled so much and I can't even explain. Thank you to everyone at Mountain Lodge for giving not only me and the better half a great wedding, from our families as well, thank you thank you! The RYAN’S

Sent on 10/27/2019

The Lodge at Flat Rock's reply:

Heather, You have no idea how much it means to read this! Nothing I could say would even compare....so I will just want to say Thank you! From the bottom of my heart, you were like an old friend during all the planning and Stephen is just wonderful. Thank you for letting us into your lives to be a part of the start of your next chapter......lot of love your way!
    Wendy, Scott & The Lodge Team

Rebecca · Married on 01/04/2020

Go to the lodge!

The Lodge and Conference Center were so accommodating to me and my whole family. From making sure the welcome bags ended up in the right room to the very last detail of the wedding reception dinner it was perfection. Please chose The Lodge as your wedding destination, I promise you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/07/2020

Thank you Becca!
    We all enjoyed being able to ring in the New Year with you and all your friends and family! Wishing you and Jesse Many years of happiness.....I'll think of you each year on New Years eve as the whole world celebrates with you.
    Congratulations! Hope to see you again,
    Wendy & The staff at The Lodge

Toni Gant · Married on 11/10/2019

Absolutely wonderful experience with Mountain Lodge!

Our Rehearsal Dinner and Celebration was awesome at The Mountain Lodge. Everything was all inclusive which made this event so easy to plan. They provided a beautiful large room with chandeliers, round & oblong tables, table cloths and napkins with our choice of colors, beautiful table decorations with floating candles, overhead projector & screen for slide show, microphone for speeches, bartender and very reasonable bar options with our choice of beverages, and in house caterer with excellent food options and the food was very good. After the dinner, it was such a beautiful fall evening, they setup a bonfire with chairs & firewood and also corn hole games in the courtyard area for all of our guests to continue the celebration. Wendy was absolutely wonderful to arrange everything that we wanted and was so flexible and accommodating! She made this experience too good to be true for us! Scott, the manager is just so friendly and accommodating as well....and made us and all of our guests feel like family and truly welcomed at Mountain Lodge. The Lodge itself is a gorgeous venue for any celebration and the rooms are so nice and clean as well. I would highly recommend this venue for anyone that wants a great venue and value for their money! Thanks to Wendy and Scott for creating so many wonderful memories for us and making our event so special!! We love you both.

Sent on 10/30/2019

The Lodge at Flat Rock's reply:

We appreciate you coming back to us for a second event! It was great working with you, and we hope the newly weds are doing well. The rehearsal dinner was just lovely, and your family is so kind and inviting. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
    Have a wonderful Holiday season, and Please tell the newly weds we wish them all the happiness the new year can hold!
    Wendy & The Lodge Team

Heather · Married on 11/01/2019

Entire event was amazing beyond words!

Wendy, Scott and everyone were so welcoming and such a joy to work with throughout the whole planning process. When it came to the day of, everything went off without a hiccup. The ceremony and reception space was decorated so beautifully. Our guests had a wonderful time. The entire weekend was just perfect! Thank you all!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Thank you so much Heather, or shall I say "Mrs. Mayer",
    You and Greg are such a fun couple. I enjoyed working with you so much. And appreciate how organized you are! From the planning, to the flowers, to the wedding day. You made my job easy and enjoyable.
    Thank you for trusting us with your special day! We look forward to seeing you again for anniversaries. Congratulations you two!
    Wendy & the Lodge Team

Simone Allen · Married on 10/12/2019

Beyond expectations!

I was completely blown away by the service provided by everyone at Mountain Lodge. Wendy was amazing and was able to accommodate all of our needs. Everyone was very nice and made us feel welcome

Sent on 10/24/2019

The Lodge at Flat Rock's reply:

Thank you so much Simone!
    Your family was so great during the planning. I enjoyed meeting all of you....Wishing you much happiness! And Thank you again for letting us be a part of your special day.
    Wendy & The Lodge Team
  • Angie

Angie Byrd Ward · Married on 09/28/2019

Best Wedding Ever

Wendy and the staff at the Lodge were professional and amazing to work with. The venue is gorgeous and everything went just as planned. I can't imagine doing a wedding anywhere else!

Sent on 10/01/2019

The Lodge at Flat Rock's reply:

Thank you so much for such nice words, and GREAT photos! I love them! It was a blessing to be a part of your special day. So glad the rain stopped, and the sky cleared just in time for the ceremony to be outside! Wishing you many years of happy memories...Glad we could be a part of them! ......Wendy & The Team @ The Lodge!

Jacquelyn · Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful Venue and Amazing Staff

We could not have asked for a better venue to hold our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. The staff made planning and executing these events run smoothly and as stress free as possible. Everyone was extremely professional and helpful. Our guests were very impressed with the great service they received as well. We highly recommend this venue for any event!

Sent on 05/28/2019

The Lodge at Flat Rock's reply:

Thank you so much Jacquelyn! We wish you and Brian many years of happiness and hope to see you back in the future!
    It was a pleasure planning with you!
    Congratulations,
    Wendy & The team
    at Mountain Lodge
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/04/2019

Couldn't Ask for More!

Chris, Wendy, and the rest of the Mountain Lodge team made our wedding weekend even better! Yes, we got to know everyone by name! We had a block of rooms for ourselves, family, and friends that all traveled far distances. From the beginning, the staff was professional, friendly, and helpful. Wendy made calls to the neighboring hotel for additional rooms, they allowed us to set up a sign and sign up sheets for our shuttle to/from venue, rooms were available early, and they went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied. Not only did we just stay there, but the Mountain Lodge also hosted our rehearsal dinner in one of their conference rooms which turned out better than I expected. It was absolutely beautiful. It was the perfect place for us that felt like home before and after our wedding. Thanks Mountain Lodge Team! We will be back!

Ryan and Jennifer Leger
    May 2019

Sent on 05/16/2019

The Lodge at Flat Rock's reply:

Hi Jennifer, Thank you so much for the kind words! We hope you are enjoying married life! Please come back and see us in the future....
    Congratulations, and best wishes!
    Wendy & the team @ Mountain Lodge

Kelli Wood · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing Weekend!!

Beautiful, welcoming & relaxing!

Sent on 05/10/2019

The Lodge at Flat Rock's reply:

Such a pleasure to work with both Bride & Mom!
    Thanks for all the pictures...they look great!
    Much happiness to Haley & Woody for many years to come...
    Wendy & The Team @ Mountain Lodge

Angie Bailey · Married on 11/09/2018

Professional, Excellent & Delicious!

Oh my gosh, I cannot say enough good about the Mountain Lodge in Flat Rock, NC. I worked with Wendy for the rehearsal dinner and did everything through email, phone and credit card as I was hours away. Never stepped foot in the place until the actual rehearsal dinner and it was perfect! The food was delicious and the service was excellent and the place looked elegant. I would highly recommend using them!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Thank you Angie!
    I'm so glad we were able to make it all work out perfectly even with the distance! It was a great day...and the family was wonderful!
    Thank you again for the great review!
    Wendy

Andrea · Married on 10/21/2018

Amaaaaaziiiing!

Scott and Wendy were amazing with everything. Quick to respond to all my questions, super helpful all throughout the wedding experience, and very reassuring! They even let me move my reception inside at the last minute (due to the weather). They’re just both really good at what they do. The venue is beautiful. I chose to have my ceremony, reception, and hotell all in the same place and did our catering through them as well. So convenient! And everyone enjoyed the food and kept getting compliments on how pretty the ceremony was outside. No regrets at ALL! I loved having my wedding here and I’m very grateful for the wonderful staff that helped make everything how I wanted. Perfect 10/10! ❤️

Sent on 10/24/2018

The Lodge at Flat Rock's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Andrea! You are Joshua were a wonderful couple to work with. We wish you many years of happiness, and feel honored to have been a part of your special day . We hope to see you back for an anniversary!...Thank you again and Congratulations.

Elijah · Married on 06/02/2018

The staff were wonderful. We could not have asked for a better venue for our stay and wedding reception. The Mountain Lodge is a wonderful place. I would highly recommend to anyone. We will definitely visit again!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Danee · Married on 05/04/2018

Perfect day

Can’t say enough good things about Wendy and the rest of the staff. We had our wedding out by the waterfall and Wendy was there to make sure everything went according to plan from wedding to reception.

Sent on 12/06/2018

The Lodge at Flat Rock's reply:

Thank you so much Danee! You were such a wonderful Bride to work with. We all loved you and your family!
    Wishing you many years of happiness....
    Wendy & The Mountain Lodge Staff
  • Kirstin

Kirstin · Married on 04/21/2018

Wendy was great and everyone commented on how beautiful the venue was! I would def recommend the mountain lodge for a wedding!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Lauren and Travis · Married on 01/01/2018

We loved working with everyone at Mountain Lodge and we were so thrilled with the way everything turned out! Our wedding was absolutely perfect. The lodge was beautiful, inside and out and they went above and beyond to ensure we were happy and well taken care of. A big thank you to Scott, Wendy, and all of the staff who made our day exceptional!
    We will be back to visit, for sure!! Highly recommend them!

Sent on 01/16/2018

Chelsea Marie · Married on 07/07/2017

Nick and I are beyond satisfied! The venue you choose for the ceremony sets the tone for absolutely every other thing you do in the wedding planning process! It was an amazing interaction with Mountain Lodge of Flat Rock from day one, and it only got better over time. They treat you with the utmost respect! Scott was extremely helpful, and was always there to offer suggestions or let us know what our options were. In the end, the decision was ours to make. I LOVED that, because so many other professionals make you feel pressured into choosing one decision or another. He told us "This is your day, it's your call. I want you to be happy." There was a 35% chance of rain, and we had planned on having our wedding outside in the courtyard. The ceremony start time was 12, and allowed us to wait until 10:30 to make the call. We chose to risk it, and he made sure to have everything in place! The weather was perfect, and we didn't have a drop of rain during any of our wedding festivities. When you're a bride, you naturally stress out about the smallest little detail BUT he was the calming voice. How can one be so calm & collected? PERFECT. Our menu was so tasty! To start, they provided Hor d'oeuvres (Spinach & Artichoke Dip with flatbread, Meatballs, and a beautiful cheese/cracker/fruit display) For the main course, our wedding guests were able to have Chicken Cordon Bleu, Beef Tips, Herb Roasted Potatoes, Hearty Macaroni & Cheese, Green Beans, and Rolls. The staff was accommodating in every way, the catering was phenomenal, and the experience was/is irreplaceable! We highly recommend choosing Mountain Lodge of Flat Rock, and working with Scott Mutchmore!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Kimber · Married on 11/06/2016

I couldn’t thank Mary and the staff of Mountain Lodge enough for all of the hard work and time put into making my wedding day so special -- everything was absolutely perfect! My husband and I are from Atlanta and planning a destination wedding seemed as though it was going to be a daunting task; however, Mary and Scott made it easy and stress-free. In the months leading up to our wedding Mary was always available to reach and was well organized regarding the timeline of the weekend. All of the vendors we worked with through the Mountain Lodge were cooperative and successfully captured my visions. And, we and our guests felt at home at the Mountain Lodge. The staff at the lodge not only made sure that everyone was well-accommodated, but knew everyone in our group and felt like family by the end of the weekend!

Sent on 11/13/2016

gina · Married on 11/05/2016

Tiffany and Patrick's wedding was great!! The staff was very helpful in every situation!! Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Tiffany · Married on 11/05/2016

My husband and I just married on 11/5/2016 and it was amazing. The food was amazing, my room, the help of the staff. Every was perfect. I couldn't have picked a better place! Thanks to Scott and to Mary as well. My guests had a wonderful time. They loved the food and beautiful waterfall back drop. We loved it. Best day ever.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Lauren · Married on 11/05/2016

For the Wedding Planning experience - Mary and her team were absolutely amazing. I was one of those people that wasn't sure if I needed a wedding planner (what a joke). Looking back on that day - there is NO WAY I could have had everything run so smoothly. I had no stress because I knew everything was handled. It ended up being everything I wanted and more. I would not have changed a single thing and it was all due to Mary and her team's guidance. Can't wait to call Mary to help plan my 10 year anniversary party!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Ryenn · Married on 10/29/2016

Mary Bell Events was a huge blessing to my husband and I. We were planning this wedding in our home state all the way from Oklahoma and if we didn't have Mary I don't think the wedding would have been a quarter of what it was. Mary took my vision and made it a complete fairy tale. With the help of her and Leigh my wedding went off without a problem. If there were any problems, I sure was not aware of that and I truly appreciate it because everything went so smoothly. I would recommend Mary Bell and her team to everyone. They were truly a blessing in a most stressful time. If I could give more than 5 stars I would.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Danyelle · Married on 05/14/2016

This venue is absolutely amazing!! Mary and Scott went above and beyond for us to ensure that day was everything we wanted! Their hospitality is out of this world! And for that we are forever greatful! You will feel like family when you walk through the door! Venue is a must!

Sent on 05/19/2016

Taylor · Married on 11/22/2015

I loved having my wedding reception here!! It was not only beautiful but reasonably priced as well. The fountain in the back made for great pictures and my husband and I even stayed for free and guests could stay for a discounted rate as well. I really enjoyed everything about the Mountain Lodge!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Venue and staff are topnotch! Lodging and reception at one location--a real plus!

Sent on 11/23/2015

Alexandria · Married on 11/21/2015

The Mountain Lodge went above and beyond what we were expecting. Mary Bell was wonderful and I would not have had the perfect wedding without her. The Mountain Lodge was all inclusive and allowed my now husband and I to have the easiest wedding planning.

Sent on 11/24/2015