The Little Chapel in-the-Woods Reviews

Beautiful venue, wonderful staff

Sent on 01/20/2019

Mallory Lopez · Married on 11/16/2018

Wedding day

My wedding was made easy and simple with the wonderful help of the staff. It’s a great venue for a small intimate wedding. Wouldn’t have changed anything!

Sent on 01/20/2019
    The Little Chapel in-the-Woods 8

Kevin · Married on 11/03/2018

Breathtakingly beautiful,friendly and helpful

I absolutely fell in love with this venue the first time I found it online tried to find venus closer to home but could not get this one out of my mind i am so glad i didnt change my mind the staff is super sweet and helpful i was taken away with how beautiful it was and i honestly couldn't have found a more perfect place.i have already told many people about this venue even before I actually had the ceremony.

Sent on 02/05/2019
    The Little Chapel in-the-Woods 9
    The Little Chapel in-the-Woods 10
    The Little Chapel in-the-Woods 11
    The Little Chapel in-the-Woods 12

Tiffany · Married on 10/27/2018

Awesome experience

I fell in love with this Beautiful Historic Chapel while attending TWU in the 90's- I decided then that if I ever married it would be there. Staff was very accommodating even offering recommendations for outside vendors when needed. Can't say enough good things!

Sent on 01/17/2019

The Little Chapel in-the-Woods's reply:

Tiffany! Thank you for your kind review! We loved having you as one of our clients! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful and you and your hubs are forever part of our TWU family! Come back anytime to say hello and to remember your special day full of love :)
  • Adria

Adria White · Married on 10/13/2018

Great experience!

We had the best experience with Brittany and The Little Chapel In The Woods. From the rehearsal to the very end of the ceremony, it was perfect. Great group to work with. Very responsive and accommodating.

Sent on 01/16/2019

The Little Chapel in-the-Woods's reply:

Thank you Adria for your sweet words! You were the perfect bride to work with! Wishing you all the love and happiness for years to come! If you need anything in the future, we are only a phone call away.
    xoxo

T'Keyah · Married on 10/13/2018

The Little Chapel In The Woods

The Little Chapel In The Woods was a beautiful experience. I’m glad we chose them as our venue.

Sent on 01/25/2019

Morgan · Married on 10/06/2018

We had a lot of back-and-forth between the reception venue and the chapel, and everyone at the chapel was SO helpful! Online payment processing helped, since we live an hour away. And our on-site coordinator, Blaire, was wonderful! She offered to help in more ways than we were expecting. All around, very thankful the chapel where my grandparents were married in 1959 is still hosting ceremonies!

Sent on 12/09/2017

Alison · Married on 12/16/2017

Stunning little chapel with so much history. Booking was effortless and the Conference Services staff are friendly and accommodating.

Sent on 01/30/2018
    The Little Chapel in-the-Woods 13

Sarah · Married on 11/04/2017

Our wedding was perfect! Staff was wonderful and went above and beyond for my husband and I. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Cindy · Married on 11/04/2017

The staff and venue at the little chapel in the woods was perfect for our wedding!!

Sent on 12/16/2017
    The Little Chapel in-the-Woods 14
    The Little Chapel in-the-Woods 15

Jacqueline · Married on 09/30/2017

My wedding came out to be everything i hope so! Everyone was so helpful!

Marriah · Married on 09/08/2017

Wonderful attendants to help with the big day! Also doesn't hurt the space is beautiful as well and great for pictures.

Jennifer · Married on 07/01/2017

We LOVE this chapel!!! It's beautiful, the gardens are perfect for photos. It was easy to book, the price is very reasonable and affordable, and they provided a coordinator to help us. The dressing rooms are a bit small but it's perfect for an intimate ceremony. We had 55 guests and it was just perfect.

Sent on 07/27/2017

magen · Married on 11/04/2016

Everyone was so nice and welcoming. Everyone made rehearsal and the day off easy and not stressful.

Sent on 12/08/2017

I just had my ceremony at the chapel. I did not use Hubbard Hall for my reception. The entire process was made so easy. I called Kirstie several times while I was planning my wedding and she always had good advice and got back to me promptly. For my rehearsal and ceremony, Allie was great. She was the calm in the storm and tried to keep me from getting too nervous. A lot of my guests were from out of state and they could not stop talking about how beautiful and intimate the chapel was, and my photos turned out wonderful. I can't say enough wonderful things about The Little Chapel in the Woods.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Laura · Married on 06/14/2014

We got married here on 6/14/14 & it was perfect! We had so many compliments from our guests. It went exactly as I planned. And, the reception in Hubbard Hall was awesome as well. That lil chapel will always hold a special place in our hearts & we can't wait to go back on our anniversary.

Sent on 06/25/2014

Susan · Married on 07/03/2011

The chapel at TWU is beautiful and we had a perfect ceremony there! The attendant Leslie was awesome and kept everything organized and worry-free. We had a 4-6 time slot with a 5:00 wedding and there was plenty of time for everything. The bride's and groom's rooms were adequately sized but not spacious. We didn't feel cramped but we only had 3 bridesmaids and 3 groomsmen.

Since it was July 3, 2011, the lighting was sufficient and beautiful indoors and out and the AC inside was perfect even though it was 100+ outside. It is a bit of a walk (maybe equivalent to about 1 & 1/2 blocks) if you have to park behind the greenhouse, so elderly guests etc should be dropped off at the chapel. There are some spaces in front of the chapel - someone maybe could stake those out for any wedding VIPs?

We had the reception in the Banquet Room at Hubbard hall - gorgeous and perfect! We had about 85 guests. It's a bit of a walk there too but it is a straight shot down a nice wide sidewalk directly out from the chapel. Elderly guests would need to be driven around from the chapel. We only had one 85 year-old that needed shuttling.

Catering through TWU's Aramark was very good and reasonably priced. No mix-ups or errors. Candy Haven cakes were fantastic too!

Overall, really really happy we had the wedding there and everyone had a blast.

Sent on 07/10/2011

Stacie · Married on 11/27/2010

Even though mine and my husband's families are chaotic and unorganized, and our wedding started 20 minutes late (EEK!), Anne was calm, cool and collected and kept her happy face on. The entire ceremony was only 20 minutes long, so we were out of there just before our scheduled time was up. I disagree about booking two time slots. We had a 3-5 slot and a 4'o'clock wedding, and all was fine, even with the delay. Since it's a small venue, having fewer people means less in-and-out time. We had about 75 people there and it felt just right, full but not cramped.

We loved the location, the setting, and the European style. You can have them put out about 75-100 votive candles on the window sills for an extra charge (like .50 each), and it adds a lot of ambience. I would recommend having a daytime/afternoon wedding here, because with the interior lights on and no daylight coming in through the stained glass, you lose a lot of the beauty. The gardens just outside are a gorgeous spot for pictures - feel free to message me if you want a sample! - and the "getting ready" rooms were just fine for my five attendants, although we did makeup and hair at our reception site (Denton Woman's Club.)

My only complaint would be that the close parking is really limited. Since it was a lovely day (November 27th), no one mind walking the campus, but if the weather hadn't cooperated, my relatives would all have hated me. :)

I highly recommend this location! It's romantic, elegant, but not stuffy or too traditional, and the price is amazing!

Sent on 01/26/2011

LKK · Married on 10/30/2010

My ceremony at The Little Chapel was BEAUTIFUL and could not have been easier to plan. Deborah made booking and planning a breeze and their event coordinator Ann is a saint. She made sure everything ran smoothly and I didnt have to worry about anything. The chapel is also very affordable. Everything was absolutely perfect, I would have paid double what they charged for such awesome service and for such a beautiful setting!

I booked a 3:00-5:00 timeslot and held my ceremony at 4:00. That worked perfectly. We had a few people show up a few minutes late because they had to park so far away. So you might plan to actually start your ceremony about 5-10 minutes past what you are actuallly telling your guests is the ceremony time in your invitation.

It can be dark inside the chapel even in daylight, so be sure to get a good photographer. I used Lucky Pro Photography and they are AMAZING! I HIIIIIIIGHLY reccomend them! They are so easy to work with and by far the best prices of any photographer in the DFW area.

Overall, couldnt have been a better experience at the Little Chapel. So stop reading this boring review and book your wedding there!!!

Sent on 01/26/2011
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 03/05/2017

We loved this venue. It was beautiful!! We heard lots of compliments on it from our guests. The staff at TWU were very easy to work with. We loved everything about it!

Sent on 03/25/2017

Emily · Married on 06/29/2013

Deborah Gillespie was beyond wonderful to work with. Every step of planning she was there with helpful suggestions for decorating, and catering help. I decided to use their "Sapphire Package" which consisted of the chapel, the banquet room, appetizers, and cake. I felt like it was a very good price for the value. My guests keep talking about how lovely the chapel was, and how yummy the cake and food was. My guests particularly enjoyed the chocolate fountain!

At my ceremony, my flower vendor didn't send the correct amount of boutonnières, so my Man of Honor was without a boutonnière. Leslie, our chapel assistant/ wedding coordinator (that the Chapel provided) whipped up a custom boutonnière for him and it looked fabulous! Leslie was just wonderful to work with. She was fun, calm, proactive, and just a blessing on my wedding day.

If you are looking for a venue that is cosy, gorgeous, and affordable I highly suggest the little chapel. If the beauty of the chapel doesn't sway you, Deborah and Leslie and all the other ladies working at the Little Chapel should! Truly a wonderful day for me, and I hope for you too!

Sent on 11/29/2013

Heidi · Married on 10/21/2017

Our attendant, Brittany was wonderful and really helped the night run smoothly. She was always on top of things and made us feel very comfortable and calm throughout the night. Blaire was also a lot of help at our rehearsal with getting everyone in order and making sure we all knew what was going on at all times. She was also very helpful and patient when it came to the younger children (ring bearer, flower girls, etc.) in our wedding.
    We are so happy we chose to get married here because TWU holds a big part of our relationship, as this is where we first met and the Little Chapel in the Woods is a beautiful part of the university! We will definitely remember this night for the rest of our lives!

The Little Chapel in-the-Woods 16
    The Little Chapel in-the-Woods 17
    The Little Chapel in-the-Woods 18

Catherine · Married on 03/10/2012

Beautiful venue that is perfect if you're looking for a picturesque wedding indoors. It is a little pricey but has a very classic look. They are very strict on time so make sure that you stay within your two hours.

Sent on 04/16/2012

Emilee · Married on 10/09/2010

Our ceremony went so well and I loved the ladies that we worked with (Deborah and Anyah). The staff were very professional, responsive, and EXTREMELY helpful. My only "issue" is that they pretty well force you to book two time slots with them if you don't want to feel rushed. However, the chapel is so beautiful by itself that you save a ton by not having to decorate. Everyone was great and very helpful and the site is absolutely gorgeous. I would definitely recommend this site to anyone who either a) is having a smaller wedding, or b) has the budget to book two time slots.

Sent on 10/16/2010

Matt and Jamie · Married on 06/21/2014

2.2
      2.5
      2.0
      0.5
      2.0

Beautiful chapel and reception hall !! The food at the reception was amazing!
    But don't expect any help from the staff. They are beyond unorganized!

Sent on 07/19/2014

The Little Chapel in-the-Woods's reply:

We have streamlined our process since 2014 in order to help our brides make their day as seamless as possible.