19 Reviews for The Little Chapel in the Woods

Audio Equipment (1)
Chairs (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
19 The Little Chapel in the Woods Reviews

We had a lot of back-and-forth between the reception venue and the chapel, and everyone at the chapel was SO helpful! Online payment processing helped, since we live an hour away. And our on-site coordinator, Blaire, was wonderful! She offered to help in more ways than we were expecting. All around, very thankful the chapel where my grandparents were married in 1959 is still hosting ceremonies!

Profile Picture Morgan, 10/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Stunning little chapel with so much history. Booking was effortless and the Conference Services staff are friendly and accommodating.

Profile Picture Alison, 12/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff and venue at the little chapel in the woods was perfect for our wedding!!

Profile Picture Cindy, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was perfect! Staff was wonderful and went above and beyond for my husband and I. I would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My wedding came out to be everything i hope so! Everyone was so helpful!

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Wonderful attendants to help with the big day! Also doesn't hurt the space is beautiful as well and great for pictures.

Profile Picture Marriah, 9/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Indoor, Parking, Audio Equipment, Lighting

Everyone was so nice and welcoming. Everyone made rehearsal and the day off easy and not stressful.

Profile Picture magen, 11/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I just had my ceremony at the chapel. I did not use Hubbard Hall for my reception. The entire process was made so easy. I called Kirstie several times while I was planning my wedding and she always had good advice and got back to me promptly. For my rehearsal and ceremony, Allie was great. She was the calm in the storm and tried to keep me from getting too nervous. A lot of my guests were from out of state and they could not stop talking about how beautiful and intimate the chapel was, and my photos turned out wonderful. I can't say enough wonderful things about The Little Chapel in the Woods.

Profile Picture User4134285, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married here on 6/14/14 & it was perfect! We had so many compliments from our guests. It went exactly as I planned. And, the reception in Hubbard Hall was awesome as well. That lil chapel will always hold a special place in our hearts & we can't wait to go back on our anniversary.

Profile Picture Laura, 6/14/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The chapel at TWU is beautiful and we had a perfect ceremony there! The attendant Leslie was awesome and kept everything organized and worry-free. We had a 4-6 time slot with a 5:00 wedding and there was plenty of time for everything. The bride's and groom's rooms were adequately sized but not spacious. We didn't feel cramped but we only had 3 bridesmaids and 3 groomsmen.

Since it was July 3, 2011, the lighting was sufficient and beautiful indoors and out and the AC inside was perfect even though it was 100+ outside. It is a bit of a walk (maybe equivalent to about 1 & 1/2 blocks) if you have to park behind the greenhouse, so elderly guests etc should be dropped off at the chapel. There are some spaces in front of the chapel - someone maybe could stake those out for any wedding VIPs?

We had the reception in the Banquet Room at Hubbard hall - gorgeous and perfect! We had about 85 guests. It's a bit of a walk there too but it is a straight shot down a nice wide sidewalk directly out from the chapel. Elderly guests would need to be driven around from the chapel. We only had one 85 year-old that needed shuttling.

Catering through TWU's Aramark was very good and reasonably priced. No mix-ups or errors. Candy Haven cakes were fantastic too!

Overall, really really happy we had the wedding there and everyone had a blast.

Profile Picture Susan, 7/3/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Even though mine and my husband's families are chaotic and unorganized, and our wedding started 20 minutes late (EEK!), Anne was calm, cool and collected and kept her happy face on. The entire ceremony was only 20 minutes long, so we were out of there just before our scheduled time was up. I disagree about booking two time slots. We had a 3-5 slot and a 4'o'clock wedding, and all was fine, even with the delay. Since it's a small venue, having fewer people means less in-and-out time. We had about 75 people there and it felt just right, full but not cramped.

We loved the location, the setting, and the European style. You can have them put out about 75-100 votive candles on the window sills for an extra charge (like .50 each), and it adds a lot of ambience. I would recommend having a daytime/afternoon wedding here, because with the interior lights on and no daylight coming in through the stained glass, you lose a lot of the beauty. The gardens just outside are a gorgeous spot for pictures - feel free to message me if you want a sample! - and the "getting ready" rooms were just fine for my five attendants, although we did makeup and hair at our reception site (Denton Woman's Club.)

My only complaint would be that the close parking is really limited. Since it was a lovely day (November 27th), no one mind walking the campus, but if the weather hadn't cooperated, my relatives would all have hated me. :)

I highly recommend this location! It's romantic, elegant, but not stuffy or too traditional, and the price is amazing!

Profile Picture Stacie, 11/27/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My ceremony at The Little Chapel was BEAUTIFUL and could not have been easier to plan. Deborah made booking and planning a breeze and their event coordinator Ann is a saint. She made sure everything ran smoothly and I didnt have to worry about anything. The chapel is also very affordable. Everything was absolutely perfect, I would have paid double what they charged for such awesome service and for such a beautiful setting!

I booked a 3:00-5:00 timeslot and held my ceremony at 4:00. That worked perfectly. We had a few people show up a few minutes late because they had to park so far away. So you might plan to actually start your ceremony about 5-10 minutes past what you are actuallly telling your guests is the ceremony time in your invitation.

It can be dark inside the chapel even in daylight, so be sure to get a good photographer. I used Lucky Pro Photography and they are AMAZING! I HIIIIIIIGHLY reccomend them! They are so easy to work with and by far the best prices of any photographer in the DFW area.

Overall, couldnt have been a better experience at the Little Chapel. So stop reading this boring review and book your wedding there!!!

Profile Picture LKK, 10/30/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved this venue. It was beautiful!! We heard lots of compliments on it from our guests. The staff at TWU were very easy to work with. We loved everything about it!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 3/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Deborah Gillespie was beyond wonderful to work with. Every step of planning she was there with helpful suggestions for decorating, and catering help. I decided to use their "Sapphire Package" which consisted of the chapel, the banquet room, appetizers, and cake. I felt like it was a very good price for the value. My guests keep talking about how lovely the chapel was, and how yummy the cake and food was. My guests particularly enjoyed the chocolate fountain!

At my ceremony, my flower vendor didn't send the correct amount of boutonnières, so my Man of Honor was without a boutonnière. Leslie, our chapel assistant/ wedding coordinator (that the Chapel provided) whipped up a custom boutonnière for him and it looked fabulous! Leslie was just wonderful to work with. She was fun, calm, proactive, and just a blessing on my wedding day.

If you are looking for a venue that is cosy, gorgeous, and affordable I highly suggest the little chapel. If the beauty of the chapel doesn't sway you, Deborah and Leslie and all the other ladies working at the Little Chapel should! Truly a wonderful day for me, and I hope for you too!

Profile Picture Emily, 6/29/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Favors & Gifts, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake

Our attendant, Brittany was wonderful and really helped the night run smoothly. She was always on top of things and made us feel very comfortable and calm throughout the night. Blaire was also a lot of help at our rehearsal with getting everyone in order and making sure we all knew what was going on at all times. She was also very helpful and patient when it came to the younger children (ring bearer, flower girls, etc.) in our wedding.
We are so happy we chose to get married here because TWU holds a big part of our relationship, as this is where we first met and the Little Chapel in the Woods is a beautiful part of the university! We will definitely remember this night for the rest of our lives!

Profile Picture Heidi, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful venue that is perfect if you're looking for a picturesque wedding indoors. It is a little pricey but has a very classic look. They are very strict on time so make sure that you stay within your two hours.

Profile Picture Catherine, 3/10/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our ceremony went so well and I loved the ladies that we worked with (Deborah and Anyah). The staff were very professional, responsive, and EXTREMELY helpful. My only "issue" is that they pretty well force you to book two time slots with them if you don't want to feel rushed. However, the chapel is so beautiful by itself that you save a ton by not having to decorate. Everyone was great and very helpful and the site is absolutely gorgeous. I would definitely recommend this site to anyone who either a) is having a smaller wedding, or b) has the budget to book two time slots.

Profile Picture Emilee, 10/9/10, 4 Reviews
2.2

Beautiful chapel and reception hall !! The food at the reception was amazing!
But don't expect any help from the staff. They are beyond unorganized!

View Vendor Response