The Jon Bates Band Reviews

The Jon Bates Band 1
The Jon Bates Band 2
The Jon Bates Band 3

Marianna · Married on 05/04/2019

Incredible band, everyone loved them

Incredibly talented, wonderful band! Everyone agreed they were the best wedding band they'd ever seen. We only had 46 guests and they were fantastic, getting every single person dancing and singing along, sure they would be just as amazing with hundreds of guests - we felt so lucky to have them as a huge part of our big day. Also so lovely to work with, and played every one of our requests! Thank you!

Sent on 05/10/2019
  • Emilia

Emilia · Married on 12/15/2018

Better then I could have hoped for

Hiring the Jon Bates band was one of the best decisions I made for our wedding day. Jon and the rest of the band put SO much love and heart into each and every song. They kept our guests dancing all night long. Jon met with us before the big day to make sure that they would give us everything we wanted. They did that and More. We even asked for them to learn a few special songs and again. They were quick to make sure that they knew every song we wanted played. The best thing was that we asked Jon and the band to learn a special edited version of a song for my Father / Daughter dance. They did an INCREDIBLE job. The way they made the song their own made that moment even more special for us. If you are looking for a wedding band that will do more then just, Play the music. Then you have found them.

The Jon Bates Band 4
    The Jon Bates Band 5
    The Jon Bates Band 6

Timothy Robbins · Married on 10/07/2018

Jon Bates brought my wedding to the next level

Jon Bates Band are a blast, they were professional, on time, great performers, and did a great job turning my wedding into a dance party for the whole night. I gave them songs to learn and they nailed it all with a fluid performance that kept people dancing and having a good time. Anyone getting married in the Tri-State area, get this band!

anna · Married on 09/15/2018

Everything and more I could have hoped for

The Jon Bates Band was incredible - super responsive and easy to work with leading up to our wedding, and then amazing on the day. We still have people commenting on how great the band was almost 9 months later !

Sent on 05/06/2019

tyler · Married on 08/25/2018

Book them ASAP if you want to have the BEST WEDDING BAND!!

The Jon Bates Band was hands down one of our FAVORITE parts of our wedding day. From the very beginning of the process, they were so easy to work with, so friendly and we were excited to have them as a part of our day.

They were able to play such a wide variety of music which made the night even more fun (oldies to modern music).

They came with so much energy and passion and you can truly tell how much they love their jobs.

Lastly, they were so accommodating and made some last minute adjustments and played a special dance song for my grandmother and me.

A couple of months have passed since the wedding, but my wife and I still have such great memories of the Jon Bates Band and would highly recommend them to anyone considering them. We are big fans! Thanks again for helping make our day so special!

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 08/04/2018

The jon bates band is absolutely amazing!

Simply put, The Jon Bates band is the most talented group of artists imaginable. One of the most memorable parts of my wedding was dancing the night away with all my friends and family. Their energy is AMAZING and they had even the most reserved guests on the dance floor. They kept the party going all night! We picked various types of music to satisfy our eclectic guest list and they nailed every single song. I was overwhelmed by their talent and professionalism. They were a pleasure to work with from start to finish and surpassed all of our expectations . To this day, my husband and I get compliments about our choice in wedding band and they are all so well deserved. BOOK THIS BAND!!!!

Haley · Married on 08/02/2018

I want to take a moment to thank Jon Bates and the Band for an incredible performance! As musicians, it was important for me and my husband to have a live band for our wedding, and The Jon Bates Band met every expectation, and more! I had first heard them perform at my sisters wedding a few years ago, so after booking my wedding date I reached out to Jon immediately. From our first conversation he was friendly, professional, and accommodating of all of our requests. The wedding was a hit, and the dance floor was packed all night long. We received so many compliments on the bands performance and were even told that their versions of every song were “as good as the originals, if not better!” I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a classy band at a fair price. Jon, thank you for taking the stress out of wedding planning, and for making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 08/22/2018
  • Laelena

Laelena · Married on 07/14/2018

Danced all night!

After a long search for a lively and affordable band, we came across the Jon Bates band for our wedding last summer. I was a little nervous about hiring people I had never met before or seen permor, however from our first phone call with Jon, I knew that they were a serious band that liked to have people party and get on the dance floor. And that was exactly what they did. People danced all night long and we kept getting comments about how wonderful the music was. They were very flexible with what we wanted to hear and definitely read the room for song choices. Thank you so much!

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Kristin

Kristin Kostka · Married on 06/23/2018

Excellent Experience for my Wedding

Jon Bates Band was fantastic at my wedding. Jon and his band knew what we wanted to hear and were excellent the day of. They have strong relationships on Martha's Vineyard that made it easy logistically. All of my wedding guests (some of who were professional musicians) raved about the Jon Bates Band. They were fantastic and great to work with!

Meeka Maier · Married on 05/20/2018

Amazing band for all ages!

Hiring the Jon Bates Band for our wedding was the best decision that we could have made. My husband and I love dancing and wanted our wedding to feel like one continuous dance party. Jon Bates Band worked closely with us to make sure that happened by helping us schedule the flow of the night, integrating songs that we wanted into their playlist, selecting songs that all generations enjoyed, and sticking to ones that would keep people from wanting to sit down! Our dance floor was packed for the ENTIRE night with people from 16 to 90 years old. We heard comments from our guests and workers at our venue that they had never seen so many guests up and dancing for the whole night. The band is incredibly talented - their sound is wonderful, they have many pieces available, and they can play a wide range of music types. They made our night SO much fun and memorable! They are a must-have!

Sent on 05/10/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 09/30/2017

Jon and the group are terrific! The planning and execution process was so easy and so flexible, rather than other music vendors we spoke with who very much wanted to execute "their way".

Most importantly, their music is phenomenal, we had a packed dance floor, and have continued to receive compliments in the months since about how awesome they were! If you want terrific music, professional staff, who don't nickel and dime and make you feel inexperienced, book with Jon Bates Band!!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Alissa · Married on 09/23/2017

The Jon Bates Band was incredible and we had the best time dancing all night long. Our guests loved the music and Jon was so easy to work with and fulfilled all our unconventional requests. Thank you Jon!!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Kate · Married on 09/09/2017

The Jon Bates Band rocked my wedding!! The variety of music they played and enthusiasm had all of our guests dancing the entire evening. Not only were they amazing during the reception, but the guitarist was spot on for our ceremony music - a ceremony that took place outside, at the top of a mountain. He even rode the chairlift up and back just as our guests did.

Our wedding took place in rural New Hampshire and the band booked themselves an AirBNB so they could stay the night. When their first BNB had to cancel, Jon contacted us and told us that no matter what they'd be there. Luckily they were able to find a different place to stay and all went smoothly.

I've now seen the Jon Bates Band perform at two weddings (they performed on Martha's Vineyard for my best friend's wedding several years ago) and I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a group that will keep your crowd dancing!

Sent on 09/12/2017

David · Married on 07/22/2017

My wife and I first heard The Jon Bates Band a year before we got engaged when they played my sister's wedding. When we were planning our own wedding, we thought we had a slim-to-none chance of finding a band as good - and we were right. After researching what felt like a hundred bands, we decided to reach out to The Jon Bates Band on the off chance that they would be able to travel to a different state for our wedding. When we found out they were available, there was no question that they were the band for us.

What stands out about The Jon Bates Band? Musically speaking, they are hands down the highest energy wedding band I've ever seen perform. These musicians are working hard every minute they're on stage, and the guests at our wedding (and my sister's) responded by hitting the dance floor in force. The band members are not only very talented individually, but they are tight as a group - a rare thing in a wedding band (as anyone who's sat through a dozen YouTube audition videos can tell you).

The Jon Bates was by far our favorite vendor to deal with during the entire wedding planning process. Jon was not only professional, but also extremely positive during the whole process. He handled last minute scheduling and logistical changes with grace and optimism - "whatever happens, we're gonna keep the party going" is something I remember him saying, and he was right.

Sent on 11/11/2017

Mallory · Married on 05/06/2017

The Jon Bates Band is the perfect wedding band regardless of venue, time, day, or anything else. Jonny is responsive and flexible and can literally play anything you could possibly imagine. The professional musicians in his band have years of experience and can adapt to any and all requests. Our first dance was reggae, my wife's dance with her father was pop, and my dance with my mother was southern rock. All were played to the note, and all were outside the 200 song available playlist. I can not recommend this band enough.

Sent on 10/15/2017

maria · Married on 02/25/2017

Words will do no justice in describing how truly pleased my husband and I were with the Jon Bates Band. From begging to end, working on every detail with Jon was flawless. And the band was a HUGE hit. Our guests couldn’t stop talking about how great the music was...and or dance floor was packed the entire evening with our guests dancing night away. They were able to accommodate all of our song choices, and overall were a tremendous joy to have with us for our biggest celebration.

Sent on 10/10/2017

Martha · Married on 01/14/2017

We were thrilled with the Jon Bates Band! They made our daughter's wedding the most memorable event ever and we cannot thank them enough for their talent, willingness to be flexible ( a very close friend of ours performed two numbers with the band) and their warm congeniality. The quality of the singers was unbelievable. And the instrumental band member were phenomenal. Much praise all around!!! Hope we have a chance to hire them again in the future!!!

Sent on 01/19/2017

Caitlin · Married on 11/19/2016

I can't say enough good things about the Jon Bates Band. One of the top priorities at our wedding was music and I couldn't have been happier with this band! They were incredibly responsive and easy to work with - everything was laid out clearly from what services they provided (how many pieces of the band we were looking for as well as which portions of the event we wanted live music) and their song list is EXTENSIVE. But the very best thing was that our guests were up and dancing from the minute the band took the stage. I am pretty sure that almost every guest at our wedding told us how fantastic they were. Thank you to the Jon Bates Band - it wouldn't have been the same without you!!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Dailyn · Married on 10/22/2016

From the first email contact to the wedding day The Jon Bates Band went well beyond our expectations. I couldn't have asked for a better band. The communication about payment, Band attire, songs to play was spot on. A year out our guest still talk about how much they loved the band how they have never danced so much! A+

Sent on 10/12/2017

Kate · Married on 09/24/2016

The Jon Bates Band made our wedding. The entire group could not have been more professional, responsive to our requests, or helpful as we planned our perfect day. The musicians learned special songs for our ceremony, made our first dance perfect and memorable, and kept us dancing for 4 hours straight. Frankly, the music was the best I've ever heard at a wedding (and my family is full of musicians, so we are tough to please). Our guests did not sit down for even a minute, and they kept calling for encores because they didn't want the music to end. I could go on and on, but to be brief, choosing the Jon Bates Band for your wedding or event will be the best decision you make.

Sent on 10/18/2017

Miles · Married on 07/23/2016

We were honored to have The Jon Bates band at our wedding and it was one of the highlights. Firstly, they all are really nice people and then they started to play music and people could not contain themselves. Every one of them is at the top of their game and they blew us all away with their talent. I had friends going up to them during set breaks to get their email and phone number so they could hear them play again. Seriously, don't think twice about hiring The Jon Bates band, your guests will be in for a real treat.

Thanks again to The Jon Bates band! I have to find another reason to have you play music for us!!

Miles and Katie

Sent on 10/19/2017

Rebecca · Married on 05/14/2016

We would enthusiastically recommend The Jon Bates Band for any occasion! We hired them for our wedding reception and from the first email to the event date, they were so responsive and accommodating to our requests. The dance floor was jam packed throughout their entire set. Everyone I spoke to said they were the best band they had seen at any wedding and I have to agree. Seamless transitions and virtuosic performances kept the energy high and everyone on their feet. Cannot recommend highly enough!!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Jessica · Married on 08/01/2015

I wanted to take a minute to thank the band for doing an absolutely incredible job at our wedding. I have had so many people come up to me or comment on photos about how amazing the band was. I knew they were going to be great, but they far exceeded my expectations. They were so professional and quick to respond to emails and phone calls. They accommodated all of our requests and took care of organizing the setup with the venue on their own. We had 3 musicians do an instrumental cocktail hour and then the entire band for the reception and they were all fantastic! I cannot thank them enough for doing such an incredible job and recommend them to anyone who is looking for a band for any type of event.

Sent on 08/24/2015

The Jon Bands delivered more than I could ever imagine!!!! They were so easy to work with leading up to the wedding and helped make our wedding the best party of our lives!!! They certainly can pack a dance floor and do it all night long!!!! Our guest are still talking about how amazing they were!!!! Thank you again for making the trip to Ellicottville NY to make our wedding so memorable!!!

Sent on 08/10/2015

Kara · Married on 05/16/2015

Planning a wedding? It will be the perfect celebration if you have these incredible artists playing for you. They were so easy to work with, learned new songs for us, and played the classics with style and sass. We could not be more impressed, more thankful, more approving of the Jon Bates Band. Thank you!!!

Sent on 05/21/2015