The Jaxson Reviews

10 | New Orleans, LA

10 Reviews for The Jaxson

Addy · Married on 12/02/2017

My wedding reception was at the Jaxson on Dec 2. The whole experience was excellent. Tray and Sabine were so easy to work with and made sure to perfectly execute the vision that I had for the reception. Mr. Earl, the bartenders, servers, and the rest of the staff did a great job and were very courteous. They always made sure that we had something to eat and to drink as well as making sure that all of our guests were well taken care of. The venue was the perfect setting for us. Our guests are still raving about the delicious food. I would highly recommend the Jaxson!

Sent on 01/02/2018

The Jaxson's reply:

Thank you so much!! It was such a pleasure working with you and your lovely family. Best of luck in the future!!

Ray · Married on 06/24/2017

What an amazing experience! The venue is in the heart of French Quarter giving you the authentic feel of New Orleans with the back drop of the mighty Mississippi. The Jaxson gives you an intimate feeling, but has more than adequate space to a decent group whether big or small. The Jaxson has a very experienced, talented and willing staff, ready to help with all the intricacies of your big day. They have a lot of in house amenities that suited our needs and helped with other things they didn’t provide. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed our time at the Jaxson. If anyone is thinking of having a traditional New Orleans wedding this is where you want to be.

Sent on 08/26/2017

The Jaxson's reply:

Thanks for a great review!!! We love our clients and are so glad to be a part of your special day! Thanks for choosing The Jaxson and we wish you the best of luck for your future!

Emily · Married on 05/13/2017

The Jaxson did an outstanding job for our reception! We had such a great time and it was so nice knowing that everything was being taken care of, especially when we didn't hire a wedding coordinator. Tray was great to work with and very easy- going. Tray put up with about 20+ table layout changes from me, his patience was golden! I also have to give a huge thank you to Andrea, she was our personal attendant during the reception and made sure that we were very well taken care of from food, to drinks, to napkins to wipe my sweat off from dancing! She also went so far as to follow us down the street during our second line to make sure we had full glasses of our favorite drinks! Everyone at The Jaxson did a phenomenal job, I would definitely recommend this venue to friends, family and strangers!

Sent on 06/21/2017

The Jaxson's reply:

Thanks for choosing The Jaxson! We are so glad we could be part of your special day and we wish you the best of luck for your future!

maureen · Married on 04/01/2017

Do not hesitate....book this amazing venue!!! We booked the venue in May, 11 months before the wedding and we were not able to get back to NOLA until days before, so we relied on Vicky, Sabine, and Tray to help us with just about everything and I can't say how happy we were with EVERYTHING!!!! We didn't even use a wedding planner. They were so helpful and prompt with suggestions, emails. texts, phone calls.
    The venue is unlike anything else in NOLA......very clean and contemporary, modern, tons of windows, outdoor space with French Quarter views on one side and the water on the other. Spectacular!
    The tasting we had was fabulous and the food at the wedding was, too. They served all night long and everyone loved it!
    The night ended with the 2nd line.....we all walked down the awesome steps leading to Decatur St (can't wait to see those pictures!) and on into the FQ.
    Absolutely the best wedding ever.....you and your guests will have an unbelievable event if you are lucky enough to book this spectacular place!!!

Sent on 04/19/2017

Megan · Married on 03/11/2017

The Jaxson is a beautiful venue with amazing people! We held our wedding reception there this past March and it was everything we could have ever wanted. Sabine, Vicky, Tray, and all other staff involved were amazing to work with. Our guests raved about the food and how beautiful the space was!

Sent on 05/05/2017

We had our daughter's ceremony and wedding at The Jaxson last month in the heat of the summer. All we can say is Fantastic, Imcredible,outstanding, etc.,etc. The management staff was extremely professional,flexible,responsive , and on top of every detail through the planning leading up to the wedding. The ceremony was all that we imagined and more. It went off without a hitch. And the reception- our guest can't quit talking about the "over the top" food and the professional,friendly service staff. To the Jaxson, we thank you for making our daughter's day -Perfect!

Sent on 08/01/2016

catherine · Married on 07/23/2016

If I could rate 10 stars I would!! The Jaxson was a one stop shop for our big day. We had both our ceremony and reception at this beautiful venue. They did a phenomenal job of coordinating EVERYTHING. We provided them with every one of our vendors (Florist, Bakery, band, Photography, Photo Booth, etc.), and they handled making sure each vendor knew when and where to be as well as taking care of what equipment they needed, so it was totally stress free for us. They provided us with a coordinator and they ran our ceremony to absolute perfection. The staff was beyond friendly and professional. We had a butler assigned to us who went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of. He brought us food as we were bouncing from around visiting with our guests just to make sure we had the opportunity to eat. Bailey went as far to run to CVS (and paid) to get safety pins for when my bustle ripped. We truly felt that he, along with the rest of the staff, took personal interest in making our day as close to perfect as possible. The FOOD! WOW! New Orleans Catering did the food and it was..... INCREDIBLE. The food presentation was amazing, almost looked to good too eat, but goo d thing we did- it tasted even better than it looked. Friends are still telling us how they are craving the lobster bites, crab & brie soup, and seared tuna etc. (weeks later). We had some picky eaters in our close family and they worked with us to make sure there was something for everyone. They were extremely proficient and knowledgable about their service and really took our vision and exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 08/18/2016

We were the second wedding at the Jaxson. Of course as a new venue the staff was still figuring things out- but I can honestly say my experience with them was wonderful. They were flexible to what we wanted and provided great service the day of the wedding. The venue was perfect for our 250 person wedding- I love how open and modern the space was and the views of the mississsippi will certainly impress your guests. Every detail of the venue made our wedding so special- I would highly recommend this space for your wedding! All my best to the Jaxson moving forward!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Christina · Married on 06/09/2018

3.5

Love at first sight! As soon as I saw the space, I knew I wanted my wedding to be at The Jaxson! Perfect New Orleans venue on the river with amazing views! We held our ceremony on the terrace and the view of the river and the sky was just absolutely breathtaking! Sabine and Tray were great to work with and made the process smooth from start to finish! Our guests cannot stop raving about how beautiful the venue was and how great the service staff was the night of our wedding.

Sent on 06/20/2018

The Jaxson's reply:

Thanks so much Christina! We loved working with you and your Mom to give you that perfect wedding! Best of luck in the future!!

Tiffany · Married on 09/23/2017

2.2
      3.0
      2.0

My husband and I were married at the Jaxson on 09.23.2017. I waited a month from our wedding to write a review, two weeks from The Jaxson's and my's last email. While our wedding was beautiful, the time and effort were not put in accordingly as the weddings before. The day before the wedding, as per our contract, I was told to be on time for the rehearsal, or else I would be charged a late fee. THEY DID NOT SHOW UP FOR OUR REHEARSAL. THIS IS THEIR JOB. They were not there to take in my items, nor direct the rehearsal, as, they were getting paid to do. Months before, I was given a timeline form to fill out for the days events. They lost the first email, and I had to email another. In the questionnaire, I was asked if drinks were to be served before the ceremony., AND THEY WERE NOT! My processional music was wrong because the lighting tech guaranteed he woud cue my DJ who was coming out. THE MUSIC WAS WRONG! In our reception area, we had a picture memorial of our decreased grandparents. Not only were our parents' wedding day pictures inappropriately placed in the midst of the grandparents pictures, my bridal picture was in the very middle of all the pictures. Minutes before the start of the ceremony, I saw the arrangement, and requested for the pictures to be appropriately placed. The communication at first was fabulous, the food fabulous, our wedding butlers, Andrea and Earl were fabulous!!!! The background setting and vendors were fabulous! I would give them their "5" stars, as deserved. This is a wedding, and mistakes are bound and determined to happen, but the mistakes made were excessive. I.E. They missed the rehearsal. I have emailed with the Jaxson since, and they have failed to email back when asked for compensation. I think for what we paid for the Jaxson, we deserved more.

Sent on 10/25/2017