The Ivy Room Reviews

The Ivy Room 7
  • Emily

Emily M · Married on 05/04/2019

An unforgettable day

I had my wedding there this month and everything was AMAZING. For Chicago prices, this was extremely reasonable for our 110 person wedding. I can’t think of one thing where we asked if this was possible and that we were told “no.” No hidden charges, no surprises day of- and Leslie who was our coordinator was a DREAM. Great communication, flexible with our tastings and venue visits since we were out of town, and really made everything unforgettable. Great venue with a lot of flexibility to make sure you can have the wedding of your dreams.

Sent on 05/28/2019

Jordan Hughes · Married on 10/19/2018

Best wedding venue in the city!

We visited over 20 venues around the Chicagoland area and I immediately knew I wanted to get married at the Ivy Room. The understated elegance is what makes the venue so breathtaking. It was the perfect size for our 130 person wedding. We were lucky enough to have good weather for an outdoor wedding in the courtyard - the ivy wall is a simply stunning photo backdrop for a ceremony. Most importantly, the staff at the Ivy Room are spectacular. We worked with Leslie, who was always extremely professional, organized and knowledgable about any questions we had. I felt confident in her day-of, even when it looked like it was about to rain (it didn't!) she never lost her composure. The reception staff and team are great too - service during dinner was very quick and the wait staff were impressive. Overall, we are so glad we chose to get married here - it was perfect!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Christa · Married on 08/24/2018

Working with Leslie at the Ivy Room made our entire wedding planning process stress-free! Honestly, people would ask me how planning was going and how stressed I was and I didn't understand why because Leslie made everything so easy! No stress at all. I totally trusted her. She was very responsive to my emails and always helpful. The big day couldn't have been any smoother. The food was also amazing! Multiple people told me it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. They set up the bridal room for my husband and I to have a private moment after the ceremony. When we got there they had two of every hor d'oeuvre waiting and our favorite cocktails. You seriously cannot go wrong with having your wedding at the Ivy Room!

Sent on 10/03/2018
  • Tayler

Tayler · Married on 07/01/2018

Working with the Ivy Room - and our coordinator, Abby C., in particular - was the brightest spot of our wedding. The gorgeous space obviously speaks for itself; I had no idea when we booked how impressive Abby and the rest of the staff would be. I wish I could take her with me and work with her for every possible project in the world. She was such a fantastic calming presence, seemed invested in helping us realize the event we had imagined yet within the confines of our budget, and never once seemed to be frustrated with my neurotic questions. We have also received so many compliments on the food and guests' experience with all of the hospitality staff, so it seems that all around people had a great experience.

Thank you so much to Abby and the rest of the Ivy Room staff - I'l keep bugging my husband to plan an anniversary dinner there in the future ;)

Sent on 09/11/2018

Jessica · Married on 06/30/2018

Must book with Abby!

The gorgeous venue speaks for itself with its soaring high ceilings, beautiful wood floor, lush ivy courtyard, and recessed lighting. It is a perfect blank slate to create your dream wedding. You can easily find pictures of it online, but it’s even more beautiful in person. The Ivy Room is a peaceful green oasis in the middle of the hectic city with perfect indoor and outdoor space.

However, it was the Abby Carson at the Ivy Room that was the angel that our wedding planning process needed. She was so patient with us throughout multiple venue tours, table and seating arrangements, and throughout our entire planning process. There was never more than a day that went by without her prompt response to our questions. She was always attentive to our needs, responsive to our questions, had an amazing calming presence, coordinated all the vendors perfectly, and even helped me adjust my veil before I walked down the aisle.

On the day of the wedding we found the staff was as impeccable as our experience with Abby, from the servers to the security guard. The wedding ran just as we planned, with Abby keeping everything on track and allowing us to finally relax for the first time in months and enjoy our wedding. The food was absolutely delicious, with guests telling us it was the best food they ever had at a wedding! So much credit goes to Abby and the Ivy Room staff for making our wedding the most incredible experience.

Sent on 12/15/2018
    The Ivy Room 8
    The Ivy Room 9
    The Ivy Room 10

Jamie · Married on 01/06/2018

The Ivy Room offers an attentive staff, adaptable space, and delicious food (thank you, Chef Leslie!) for a medium to large wedding. We got married in January and it went perfectly. Special shout outs to Leslie Fuller and Brittany Plfug for their hard work and excellent execution. From the moment we started planning it was a fun and an enjoyable experience. Our families and friends couldn’t stop talking about how wonderful the night was. When it came to us, I couldn’t have asked for anything else. They were so attentive to our needs and our parents as well – the attention to detail was impeccable. I would recommend Ivy Room to anyone getting married in Chicago.

Sent on 01/24/2018

Robert · Married on 12/30/2017

12/30/17 wedding. Leslie was the best!!! All of our thanks to her & the staff. She made my daughter's day!!!

Sent on 02/02/2018

Katie · Married on 11/18/2017

Honestly, if I could give The Ivy Room and Leslie more than just a 5/5 I would! This venue and Leslie were an absolute dream to work with! A dream ! Leslie was literally my event managing angel and was so patient with me throughout the planning process. I was planning my wedding from Las Vegas (where I live) and you would think that would be difficult, but not with this venue and team of amazing, kind and competent people - it was a breeze! Before we even booked the venue I had a gazillion questions and they never hesitated responding and didn't make me feel crazy. After we booked, same story. The tasting was even a special experience and they accommodated my parents, my (now) Mother-In-Law and my groom and I which I thought was very generous of them. The venue oozes this wonderful understated elegance and energy and that is due to the aesthetics but also because of the fabulous staff. The food - INSANE! I can't tell you how many of our guests commented to my groom and I how delectable the food was and how it was "the best wedding food they have ever had". I love to dance and I regret to say I didn't bring a flat pair of shoes to change in to when my feet started to hurt (an oversight, indeed). Embarrassing as it was, I had to take my heels off, because they were holding me back. Well, low and behold one of the fabulous staff members swept in and brought me brand new flip flops! Like, how?! Massive bonus points for saving the day with some flip flops!! Choosing to have our wedding at The Ivy Room was easily the best choice we made in regards to our wedding and we would not hesitate to have another event there or refer them to anyone looking for a top notch space and staff. Thank you so much Leslie and the wonderful Ivy Room Staff!!

Sent on 11/26/2017

Jennifer · Married on 10/13/2017

From the moment I came across the Ivy Room in a wedding blog I knew it was the place where we would get married. It is located right in the heart of Chicago, yet you never feel like you are in a city. We met with Natalie for the tour and secured our date the following week. We couldn't speak more highly of the whole team. Not only was the food incredible, but the staff and service was top notch. We got the tasting out of the way 7 months before our wedding date. It seems early for some people, but it was nice to be able to check that major item off of the list before the craziness of the summer set in. We reviewed everything at our final walk through and at the end of it, we felt confident we were ready for the day. One of the best parts about the Ivy Room is they are a full event space and have "small items" in house for you to use including cake stands, cup cake displays and table numbers. We were also fortunate to have our afterparty right down stairs for an additional fee and we would not have chosen it any other way as it kept our party going for an additional 2 hours! We loved the Ivy Room and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for the perfect Chicago venue.

Sent on 12/30/2017
    The Ivy Room 11
    The Ivy Room 12
    The Ivy Room 13
    The Ivy Room 14
    The Ivy Room 15
    The Ivy Room 16

Maura · Married on 08/12/2017

The staff at the Ivy Room is unsurpassed. The food exceeded expectations and then some. The venue is beautiful and the pictures are breathtaking. Wow.

Sent on 08/26/2017

Lauren · Married on 06/10/2017

I cannot say enough great things about the Ivy Room. It is an absolutely gorgeous venue with a courtyard that will make you weak in the knees. Even more delightful than the courtyard is Chrissy, who was SO helpful and easy to work with. She was super responsive to emails and never seemed bothered by our barrage of questions. Her attention to detail and professionalism ensured that our wedding reception went off without a hitch. As far as the room itself goes, we loved that we did not have to enlist yet another vendor for tables, chairs, or linens, as we found their in-house options to be exactly what we envisioned. We were able to customize further with our florist, who provided lighting services as well. Furthermore, the Ivy Room is part of Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises, which meant that the in-house catering was INCREDIBLE. An added bonus was that Chrissy connected us with the group events coordinator at Lettuce Entertain You, who assisted us in selecting a restaurant for our rehearsal dinner. If I had to do it all over again, I would choose the Ivy Room again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Glynn · Married on 04/29/2017

Ivy Room, the place where wedding dreams come true. It’s hard to know where to even begin on this review. Basically I would not have made it through wedding planning if it weren’t for the Ivy Room. My husband and I are originally from Chicago but now live in San Francisco, and planning a wedding from across the country is no joke. We worked with Natalie and she was, in a word, incredible. I honestly felt like we were the only wedding she was planning because of how prompt and devoted she was. No question was too silly or small and there was never more than a day that went by without a response from her. We didn’t have it in our budget to have a wedding planner, but Natalie was with us every step of the way, and I felt like we didn’t even need one. She, and the staff at Ivy Room, made us feel “like guests at our own wedding” because of how taken care of we felt once we stepped in the Ivy Room on our wedding day. Their prefered vendor list (suggestions, you can use other people if you want!) is so helpful when looking through the ocean of Chicago vendors. The food was AMAZING. In fact, we had multiple guests tell us it was the best wedding food they had ever had. Needless to say, we had the time of our lives (as did our guests) and I really give so much credit to the Ivy Room for that. We can not endorse them enough, and quite frankly I want to find an excuse to plan another event there! Have your wedding/event here. You will not regret it. They’ll help you create lifelong cherished memories :)

Sent on 06/03/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2016

The Ivy Room was incredible! We looked at many spaces in the downtown area and none of them felt this good. We saw some gorgeous lake views and some incredible rooms but nothing felt like we could make it ours quite like The Ivy Room. From our first meeting all the way to the day after the wedding Kiran Pinto took care of us like we were family. Kiran aided us in finding the vendors that were the right fit for our vision and insured that vision was carried out on our behalf.

Chef Chris Evangelides helped us create a wedding menu that was one of a kind. The most common thing heard that night..."this is not wedding food". We'll take that as a compliment and kudos to Chef Evangelides. Our captain that evening Brittany Pflug looked after every detail and made sure everything was executed with style. The whole team helped deliver what will surely be one of the best nights of our lives.

We chose The Ivy Room because we liked the space itself and the team behind it seemed to know what they were doing. We were right...they really know what they are doing. I think what surprised us most was how much our guests loved The Ivy Room. You will not be sorry with your choice of this space.

Sent on 09/20/2016

Brooke · Married on 08/15/2015

The moment I walked into the Ivy Room, it was a done deal. I didn't even want to look at another venue. I knew I wanted a wedding venue that was elegant, but not cookie cutter and I loved the Ivy Room's refined urban setting of the courtyard and ballroom. Donna and her team are incredible and made the entire process seamless and enjoyable. She played the role of wedding planner and coordinator, helping us pull together all the little details and connect with the best vendors in the area. I always felt like I was her number one priority, even though I know they have non-stop weddings happening at the space. Also, the ballroom is so beautiful, it was a non-issue to move our ceremony inside when the weather refused to cooperate. All in all, the Ivy Room was the perfect choice.

Sent on 11/05/2015

Meg · Married on 06/07/2015

The Ivy Room was the setting for our daughter's beautiful, magical wedding celebration on Sunday June 7, 2015. From my very first conversation with Donna and Christy until the wedding day everything was perfect. The team at the Ivy Room is professional, efficient, detail oriented, courteous, and kind. The preferred vendors they recommended (caterer, floral designer, band, photographer, etc.) were top notch. Everyone seemed to work so well together. My daughter had a vison for her wedding, and they delivered. As the mother of the bride I can honestly say the entire process was stress free and fun. I felt like a pampered guest at our own function, thanks to Donna and Christy.
    The main ballroom is beautiful and elegant with clean lines, yet still romantic and intimate. The addition of floor to ceiling drapery adds to the ambiance of the room. Although Chicago's fickle weather did not allow us to have the ceremony and cocktail hour in the ivy courtyard as planned, our back up plan didn't disappoint. The ceremony was set up in the main ballroom allowing for a very taditional and grand feeeling. The cocktails and hors d'oeuvres were served in the newly refurbished downstairs space which is quite lovely and cozy. Luckily, the rain did hold off long enough for the photographer to take all the pre=wedding pictures outside among the ivy and decorative ground cover. Perhaps the best compliment for this lovely venue were the words my daughter exclaimed when Donna brought us up for a sneak peek at the ballroom before the guests were ushered in for dinner and dancing, "Mom, everything is so beautiful. This is just what I imagined for my wedding!" I would highly recommend the Ivy Room and the wonderful people who run it.

Sent on 06/14/2015

Kristine · Married on 04/25/2015

This was THE MOST perfect wedding venue....hands down. When I got engaged, I knew that I wanted to get married in the city but I wasn't a modern bride and a lot of venues in the city are very contemporary and modern so my search was kind of hard at first but then I found the Ivy Room. It's stunning, so clean and elegant....it's truly just a beautiful space and you can turn it in to anything that you want!! The courtyard is so romantic and gorgeous...it's like a hidden little garden right in the middle of downtown. Not only did I love the space, but my guests kept complimenting how beautiful it was too! It truly was the perfect space for my wedding!

Oh....and I just adored the staff. They were so amazing to work with and took care of so much for me. I hardly had to worry about a thing! They recommend the BEST vendors and they have made some many amazing enhancements to the space...I really think the Ivy Room is going to be THE PLACE to get married the next couple of years. It's stunning. Trust me....check it out, you won't regret it! Thank you to the fabulous ladies at the Ivy Room too...you helped to give me my dream wedding and I can't thank you enough!!

Sent on 05/12/2015

Sara · Married on 04/12/2014

we had our wedding at the ivy room on april 12, 2014 and everything was spectacular! christy and lara were amazing to work with, both before and during the event. they were responsive to my questions and totally on top of all the details.

the space itself is immaculate: so light, bright and clean. we were able to turn the space into exactly what we wanted. to be in river north in what feels like a special and secret place is so so lovely; i feel very lucky that we were able to have our wedding here (it's already fun to be running around the neighborhood and have the memories) and will recommend it to anyone! cannot say enough good things about our experience; thank you, ivy room!!

Sent on 04/17/2014

Dilshad · Married on 08/24/2012

Our choice to have our wedding and reception at the Ivy Room was the best decision we have made other than choosing each other :) Michael and I did not want to get married at a hotel and we wanted to find a special place that was in the city of Chicago. I came across their website while researching venue's in Chicago. We both recently moved from Los Angeles and did not know too much about the city. The Ivy Room was the first and last place we visited. As soon as we saw the beautiful courtyard we knew this is where we wanted to share our special day with our friends and family. From beginning to end, Christy and Donna were with us through all details of our special day. We were planning this wedding on our own and since our family does not live in Chicago, we needed guidance and help with the do's and don't's of weddings. They were very understanding and answered all 100 million questions that I had :) Its refreshing to have people really take a vested interest in you and provide top notch customer service. Our wedding was October 26th and although it was a bit chilly outside we had the wedding outside. Throughout the whole night, Donna and Christy both would come to Michael and myself asking if everything was ok. The best thing they could have done was after the wedding was over and right before we went out to see our guests for cocktail hour, they brought hors d'ourves from our wedding 2 of each. From what I know now, I didn't get a moments rest during the cocktail hour let alone be able to eat or enjoy any of the food. Alot of bride/grooms say they never eat anything at their wedding and I really thought it was thoughtful of them to think of us. The whole night we felt catered to, they made sure we were content all night. Also, they worked great with all of our vendors and were so organized throughout the whole night. We were both extremely pleased with their help and many of our family members stated how attentive they were to our needs. We have been to many w

Sent on 11/07/2012

Ashley · Married on 07/07/2012

I had July wedding at the Ivy Room, and I could not have had a better experience! The space speaks for itself (hardwood, balcony doors, gorgeous courtyard filled with flowers and twinkling lights in the trees). Just two weeks after getting engaged, my then-fiance and I were looking for alternative spaces for our wedding (we just weren’t into the idea of a hotel), and we came across the Ivy Room. After having seen The Peggy Noteabart, The Newberry Library, West Loop Studio, and A New Leaf, we came to the Ivy Room. As soon as I walked into the space, I knew it was exactly what we were looking for. The ballroom and courtyard are truly elegant, but it still has an urban feel with store fronts facing the courtyard and high rises highlighting the sky view and peering over the building.

In addition to planning the wedding, Christy and Donna were an absolute pleasure to work with. They worked closely with my wedding planner (reviewed Katie Kozlowski of Bliss Weddings) to ensure every detail the day of the wedding was taken care of. During my walk-through, Donna and Christy provided invaluable insight as to what floor plan looks best in the space, how to best hang lanterns in the ceiling from the hidden rafters, where to put the DJ table, etc.

The Ivy Room is a bit pricey as compared to some other venues, but the space and service you will receive from these ladies in unparalleled! I highly recommend the Ivy Room if you are looking if you are looking for an alternative space or urban venue for your Chicago wedding!

Sent on 08/29/2012

Jenny · Married on 06/09/2012

I just got married at The Ivy Room a couple weeks ago and cannot stop smiling. Everything about the venue exceeded my expectations!! The setting is so beautiful. We got married in the courtyard and it is like a hidden garden in the middle of the city. The brick aisle, the luscious ivy covering the buildings, the little nook to exchange vows, and the picturesque surrounding landscape is something you won’t find elsewhere. I looked at a lot of Chicago venues and once I saw The Ivy Room I knew this is where I wanted to have my wedding. I wanted an urban setting, but with a twist, and that’s exactly what The Ivy Room offers. After the ceremony and cocktail hour outside the reception was inside. The room is so elegant. It’s classic in many ways and gives you the opportunity to make it what you want. Beautiful French doors offer guests a peek at the courtyard. We strung paper lanterns and brought in centerpieces and décor to create a vintage look. Everything about the room and lobby area is very well taken care of.

But what I most want people to know about The Ivy Room is how wonderful it is to work with its staff. It’s so important to really enjoy working with your vendors. Christy and Donna are so easy to work with and made planning my wedding and the wedding day so special. They really care about making your day perfect, easy and seamless. They have every single detail covered and make sure that you know this. I walked into my wedding day knowing that I didn’t need to worry about anything because they gave me that confidence. They brought up suggestions, offered recommendations on vendors or décor ideas and were very responsive to any of my questions. They went the extra step to make sure I was happy on the wedding day, constantly checking in with me. But even more, they are so encouraging and excited for you about your wedding. You’re not just another number to them, or another event to check off. Your wedding will be treated like something special, which it is.

Sent on 06/22/2012

Rachel · Married on 10/09/2011

From the moment we met with Matt, he sold us on the Ivy Room. It's like a ball of clay that can be turned into whatever your heart desires. He showed us pictures of how the main room had been transformed into a variety of different event spaces. We were sold after meeting with him. Unfortunately he moved on to other endeavors, but lucky for us Donna has been with the Ivy Room for a while and jumped right in and made sure my wedding was everything I had imagined. From organizing my vendors and making sure that they knew when to arrive for setup and break down to helping with getting the wedding party organized to begin their processional. She was there for us from the beginning of the evening to the end. Our wedding was so memorable and all of our guests are still talking about how great the Ivy Room is. I highly recommend holding your event here if you have the opportunity!

Sent on 11/02/2011

Nadia · Married on 09/30/2011

If you like bullet points, here is why the Ivy Room is so awesome:

- Donna, Christy, and Matt (who has since left) are AWESOME to work with
    - The venue is equally beautiful on the inside as it is in the courtyard.
    - The location is perfect. It is right in the heart of the city; if you want a city wedding, it really doesn’t get better than this.
    - The venue is well-established, and vendors will have worked there before. When planning a wedding you will want the various vendors to enjoy harmonious synergy. This is all but assured at the Ivy Room, and it makes planning for your wedding far less stressful and far more enjoyable.
    - Prices are mid-range, but there are NO hidden costs. There is a flat fee to use the space, and the contract is very straightforward and easy to understand. You can pay with a credit card.

Here is our story:
    We looked for the perfect venue for a long time. We had decided on one that we loved, only to have a terrible experience with the venue manager. I happened upon The Ivy Room on Yelp, and based on the outstanding reviews, gorgeous online pictures, and chatting with Diana B., we decided to check it out.

We immediately fell in love with the courtyard (you will, too) and Donna. She was awesome, and made us feel right at home, quite unlike several of the other places we considered. Donna and Matt guided us through all of the ins and outs of what we needed to do to pull our wedding together. They also provided great recommendations. For example, Donna recommended our caterer, Ted Grady at J&L, a consummate professional that shares a great working relationship with the folks at the Ivy Room.

Sadly, a month before our wedding, Matt left The Ivy Room, and we were informed that the newly hired Christy would run our wedding. We were a little apprehensive at first, but she was fantastic, making the transition seamless. She was on top of the entire evening, and Donna and Christy took excellent care of everything (including me) all night. I cannot say enough wonderful things about The Ivy Room – especially Donna and Christy – and would HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone looking to have their wedding (or other special event) in Chicago.

Sent on 10/25/2011

Victoria · Married on 09/09/2011

This is the most amazing space in the city. In the middle of a large busy city, you have a outdoor courtyard that has the feel of being in the suburbs.

Working with the Ivy Room from the first meeting to the day of the wedding, we were made to feel like our event was the most important of the year. They were a great group to work with, they were helpful from everything from the cater, event company and even the ceremony officiant.

If I had to do everything all over I would still pick the Ivy Room.

Sent on 10/23/2011

Kristen · Married on 07/30/2011

Amazing, beautiful, unique, elegant...I can't use enough words to describe The Ivy Room! We had our wedding here recently and it was just perfect. From the beginning, Matt made us feel so welcomed and important and although the place sold itself, he really made us want to have our wedding here! Their whole team (Donna, Matt & Christy) was amazing and very accommodating to our needs. They recommended superb vendors as well as offered their opinions on specifics. They took care of everything on the day of, and Matt was there throughout the whole reception for anything we needed (i.e. safety pins for a broken bustle). The space is so exquisite from the courtyard to the indoor main room. We had our cocktail hour in the courtyard and it was perfectly shaded with lights on the trees and plenty of room for our guests to mingle. You really do forget that you are in the middle of Downtown Chicago! With help from our wonderful caterer & florist, Food for Thought & GNG Designs, they set up everything from the place card table to the dinner tables perfectly! We also has FROST lighting illuminate the walls with one of their many patterns, and that really made the room pop! The main room is so beautiful with the mother of pearl above the glass windows and doors and hardwood floor throughout, and is the perfect canvas for any theme you would desire. Just look at their blog! Every wedding and party brings a new and different look to the room and that was what I loved most about the space! I was truly overwhelmed with how beautiful everything turned out and it was a dream wedding for us! This place is absolutely amazing, worth every penny, and I am really going to miss it! Hopefully someone I know will have their wedding/reception here as well because I am already dying to go back!

Sent on 09/06/2011

Jada · Married on 05/28/2011

MAGICAL. There is no other way to describe the Ivy Room. After pouring over dozens and dozens of venues in Chicago and the burbs online, this was only place I was interested in getting married. Visiting and seeing the place in person, and meeting Donna and Matt sealed the deal. This venue is class, class, class all the way. From the breathtaking courtyard and ballroom with french doors overlooking the courtyard, to the their outstanding vendor list, to Matt, Donna and Christy's invaluable guidance, this place is PERFECTION for the discriminating city bride who can't bear to get married in a generic banquet hall or hotel. And it's worth every penny. People can't stop talking about our wedding, and we owe a lot of that to the Ivy Room and the fantastic vendors Matt and Donna personally recommended -- Toast and Jam DJ Laura, I Do Films, Emily Johnston Anderson Photography (albeit indirectly through David Wittig --also amazing!), Cornelia McNamara Flowers, Berghoff, BCR events and Bruce Otto. Since our wedding, I actually miss this place--and am seriously hoping someone we know gets married there so I have an excuse to go back :).

P.S. -- for all you Ivy Room Brides dying to get married in the gorgeous courtyard, don't be devastated if it rains. I was so looking forward to my courtyard ceremony, but it rained and we had to go to plan B -- and I couldn't be happier. Everyone bent over backwards to make the ballroom look gorgeous and the lighting by Chicago Lighting Design really made everything look great. We opened the french doors to let a little twilight light in and provide a view of the dewy courtyard, and in the end, the indoor ceremony was very intimate and special. Inside or out, the Ivy Room is unbeatable!!

Sent on 06/21/2011