The Itty Bitty Boutique Reviews

34 | Virginia Beach, VA

34 Reviews for The Itty Bitty Boutique

Jessica · Getting married on 10/22/2021

She is amazing

She is doing my wedding in oct of next year! So I decided to have her get my hair to the perfect color and maintain it for the wedding. She is amazing!!

Sent on 12/08/2020

The Itty Bitty Boutique's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review, Jessica! I loved getting to work with you and am just as excited for your wedding next year!
  • Karli

Karli H. · Married on 07/17/2021

Amazingly talented!

Kaitlyn was so fast and all the hairstyles that were done were breathtaking!! Not to mention the makeup was stunning. We had so many people compliment the bridal party on their hair! She was super sweet and her assistants were just and nice and overly talented

Sent on 07/18/2021

The Itty Bitty Boutique's reply:

Ahhh Karli thank you so much for taking the time to write this review!!! I loved being a part of your day! You and your girls were soooo easy to make beautiful because you're all already gorgeous!!

• Naijani

Naijani O. · Married on 07/05/2021

Lovely! Please book!

I cannot get it through people's heads enough how much respect I have for Katlyn and the awesome business that she is growing with her own two hands. I scheduled a bridal trial a few months out from my wedding and came in hyperventilating and terrified because of my pretty dry skin and out of control curly hair, and Katyln didn't even flinch - she sat me down and talked me through everything and made sure that I remembered that this was MY BIG DAY! She explained every step of the beauty process and answered the silly questions I had while watching her do them. There was a moment when she'd asked me to pull down my mask so that she could do the rest of my makeup, and her eyes bugged out and I instantly shrank because I thought that it was going to be bad but then she shouted "YOU ARE SO PRETTY!" and continued to compliment me as she did my makeup, and I just teared up!!! It was a very personal thing to hear someone outside of my close family and my partner say that to me and actually mean it. Her excitement, her openness, and the five-billion-and-one amazing skills that she has with a few hair products and her makeup bag are just a handful of the reasons why I STRONGLY RECOMMEND booking Katlyn for any beauty services - especially weddings. Also a huge shout out to Nikki, her manager, who is just as fabulous and easy to work with. THANK YOU!

Sent on 05/10/2021

The Itty Bitty Boutique's reply:

Naijani, this review literally made me tear up!! Thank you so much for saying all of these AMAZING things!! It was absolutely lovely to work with you today and I'm SO excited for your big day!!! I can't wait to see you again soon!!!

Antonia C. · Married on 06/23/2021

Thank you Katlyn!!!

Katlyn is your one-stop-shop for wedding hair and makeup! She and her colleague/assistant Nikki exude professionalism. They are so responsive to every email and question. Now to the hair and makeup! Katlyn perfectly executed a series of beautiful braided hairstyles for my bridesmaids and a simple and sleek low bun for me. We all loved our makeup, too. What I appreciated most about working with Katlyn was that she heard my feedback from the trial and make me feel confident that she could pull off what I wanted. As someone who rarely wears makeup, Katlyn made me feel like an elevated and elegant version of my normal self. Lesson learned — always always provide constructive feedback to your HMUA (whoever you go with!). Katlyn — we loved spending the morning chatting with you and sharing book recommendations (let me know if you read that book!). Thank you for helping us all feel so glowy and beautiful!

Sent on 06/24/2021

The Itty Bitty Boutique's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, Antonia! I had so much fun working with you and your girls and am so lucky to have been a part of your big day!! I love that we were able to work together to create a look that you felt confident in! I just bought the book on Amazon so I'll let you know my thoughts when I'm done!! ;)

Jessica S. · Married on 06/12/2021

I'm so glad I chose Katlyn for my wedding!

Katlyn and her whole team are fabulous!! She was so easy to work with and accommodating. She was so patient with me as a nervous and anxious bride and truly wanted me to love the way I looked! My hair and makeup were exactly what I wanted and I received compliments all night long! I'm so glad I chose Katlyn for my big day!

Sent on 06/30/2021

The Itty Bitty Boutique's reply:

Jessica this picture is absolutely stunning!!! Thank you for taking the time to write this sweet review! I'm so lucky that I got to be a part of your day!!

• Moriah

Moriah T. · Married on 06/06/2021

Incredible

Katlyn was the most amazing vendor I have ever worked with. She made me feel so beautiful on the most important day of my life. She listened and cared about her work and it showed. I will be using her for everything in the future. I would recommend her for anything and everyone! She was the absolute best.

Sent on 06/22/2021

The Itty Bitty Boutique's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write these sweet words, Moriah! I always love working with you and look forward to seeing you again!

• Brittany

Brittany L. · Married on 05/22/2021

Katlyn is the BEST!

She is kind, professional, and has a talent with hair and makeup. I went off the previous reviews of Katlyn and was NOT disappointed. She made me feel comfortable and beautiful.

Sent on 08/01/2020

The Itty Bitty Boutique's reply:

Brittany!!! Thank you SO much for your kind words! Your photos are absolutely beautiful and I'm so thrilled that I got to be a part of your special day!!!

• Ellen

Ellen C. · Married on 05/22/2021

AMAZING curly hair experience

She tamed my frizzy curls for a perfect natural look. It was amazing!

Sent on 06/01/2021

The Itty Bitty Boutique's reply:

Ellen, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! I am so glad you were happy with your hair!

Jessica V. · Married on 04/17/2021

Katlyn is fabulous to work with!

Working with Katlyn was great in every aspect. She is very quick to respond to all messages, easy to work with and very understanding. I truly wished I lived closer to use her for my regular hair needs. I would recommend her for any services you need!!

Sent on 05/05/2021

The Itty Bitty Boutique's reply:

Ahhhh Jessica thank you so much for saying these wonderful things!!! You were an absolute joy to work with!!!
  • Amber

Amber F. · Married on 11/28/2020

Book her now!

Everything about Katlyn and the salon was absolutely perfect. From booking her services all the way until the wedding day communication was on point. She always replied quickly and went above and beyond to answer my questions. After my bridal trial, she ensured I truly loved the look and took my alterations with grace, adding agreement to what I wanted changed. When the big day came, her and her assistant were on-time and even early, to begin the set-up. She ensured each bridesmaid loved their hair and makeup before moving onto the next girl and saved me (the bride) for last. During my hair and makeup, she made sure that all photo-ops could be simultaneously taken, and even had a dance party with us. Katlyn is the easiest person to talk to, the most understanding and most importantly she is outstanding at the services she provides. My hair and makeup looked even better than the vision I had seen for myself and it's truly all thanks to her. I cannot thank her enough for giving me such a beautiful look and I would recommend her to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 06/23/2021

The Itty Bitty Boutique's reply:

Amber I'm DYINGGGGGGGG OVER THESE PHOTOS!!!! You are seriously so stunning!!! I'm forever thankful for brides like you who make my job so much fun and so worth it! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review!

Nicole M. · Married on 11/21/2020

Amazing work!

Katlyn took such good care of me and my girls on the day of our wedding. Hair was flawless and she was such a gem to work with. Could not recommend enough!

Sent on 12/06/2020

The Itty Bitty Boutique's reply:

Thank you SO much Nicole!!! I'm thrilled that you loved your hair! You were so fantastic to work with and I hope to see you again soon!!

Ashley O. · Married on 11/18/2020

Another satisfied bride :)

After browsing through many, many options for hair/make up services in the Williamsburg area, I decided on KIBB and am so happy I did! She’s fresh, excited and really loves what she does.. and she’s very good at it! I don’t typically wear much make up and keep my hair straight most days. Katlyn kept my traditional make up looking simple but still special, and my hair was beautiful. I didn’t have extensions put in prior to my wedding but hearing her talk about them has me thinking I might need some in my future :) I’m from northern VA but would travel to have her do my hair, no questions asked!

Sent on 12/07/2020

The Itty Bitty Boutique's reply:

Ashley thank you so much for this AMAZING review!! I'm so happy that you felt beautiful, but most importantly, like yourself on your wedding day!! It was so great getting to work with you, and I hope I get to see you again in the future!

Madeline M. · Married on 11/08/2020

Amazing Hair!

Katlyn saved my wedding day! After having to cancel my original hair stylist, she was able to travel to my wedding with only a weeks notice and she gave me the perfect hair style (even though we never had a hair trial because of my last minute booking!) She was able to understand completely what I wanted and make it a reality and she provided such a low stress attitude on what can be a really stressful morning. In addition to doing my hair, she did makeup for some of my bridesmaids which was beautiful as well! I cannot recommend Katlyn enough.

Sent on 02/01/2021

The Itty Bitty Boutique's reply:

Thank you for these kind words, Maddy!!! My goal is always to make you feel like your most beautiful self on your wedding day, and I'm ecstatic that even without a trial, we were able to work together to give you your dream wedding hair!! I hope to see you again soon!

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/25/2020

4 days from my wedding and I found her!

I was 4 days out from my wedding and why Katlyn and her Itty Bitty awesomeness didn’t show up on my search sooner I’ll never understand. Her awesomeness is in fact not itty bitty by means!!! I found her by a genius stroke of luck from the universe. My now husband and I were eloping and I didn’t really get into the bridal thing (covid helped with that) but by the time Katlyn completed my hair and make-up for our ceremony, I truly felt like a bride. She’s bubbly, fun, personable, honest, and her talent is nothing short of perfection (IMHO). She has a style that I think is perfectly conveyed through her business and marketing and if you haven’t checked her out, please do. Read her story. Every expectation was clear on her end and she really felt like a friend on my wedding day. Her bridal services were amazing considering we did not Zoom or meet or talk prior to the appt. Her business admin, Nikki, made me feel special even just in communication and calmed my fears of preparation in the days leading up to the wedding. If you’re thinking about hiring Katlyn, think no more and DO IT! I live 4 hours from her and plan to keep her as my permanent stylist/artist as she is truly knowledgeable and gives helpful information and tips. Totally worth it. (You rock, Katlyn! -Lacy)

Sent on 11/01/2020

The Itty Bitty Boutique's reply:

Lacy you are absolutely THE BEST!! Thank you so much for this amazing review!!! I LOVED working with you and can't wait to see you again soon!!

Kiki L. · Married on 10/18/2020

Cannot Say enough kind things about this girl!

Right from the start, Katlyn was so kind, professional, passionate, and easy to talk to. She did my make-up and hair for my wedding, and many of my bridesmaids and family's hair and makeup. Everyone loved not only her work but her as a person as well! She connected to every one of my family and friends and did touch ups and changes to make things more comfortable and personalized as requested. I cannot say enough how thoughtful and genuine she is as a person and how, not only passionate she is about her work, but how talented Katlyn is! I love that she is always looking to grow and learn, she stays so humble even though she is seriously the best and so knowledgeable! Everyone complimented my makeup and hair all night! You cannot go wrong booking Katlyn for anything and everything!! She is the best!!

Sent on 10/27/2020

The Itty Bitty Boutique's reply:

Thank you so much for choosing us to help you get ready on your special day!!! YOU are the best! It was absolutely wonderful to work with you, and I hope to see you again soon!!!

• Karley

Karley K. · Married on 10/17/2020

Highly Recommend for Wedding Hair & Makeup!!!

Katlyn checks off everything for your wedding beauty needs! She has amazing customer service, fast response time, and she is extremely talented at what she does. She did wedding hair and makeup for apart of my bridal party and everyone was so impressed - even one of my bridesmaids booked her right after for her upcoming wedding!! I did 4 styles for my trial and she nailed every one of them. She can do anything and even did the cutest bow in my flower girls hair. My hair looked amazing and it felt secure, stayed all night, and stayed in with a long vail in high winds. Hurry up and book her!!

Sent on 01/23/2021

The Itty Bitty Boutique's reply:

This review is too kind, thank you Karley!!! It was absolutely amazing to work with you and I'm soooo happy that you loved every single one of your trial styles! That always makes choosing for the big day so difficult! You looked incredible on your wedding day and I hope to see you again!!!

• Elaina

Elaina H. · Married on 09/27/2020

Best EVER!!!!

Katlyn was fantastic!!!!! From start to finish she was so fun to be around and always focused on the mission of making me LOVE my hair and makeup styles for my wedding on 9/27/20. Leading up to the wedding, her and Nikki provided excellent service by politely and promptly answering any questions I had!

Fast forward to wedding morning and Katlyn showed up to the hotel at 2am with NO questions asked. Although my bridal party and I were all a bit sleepy, Katlyn was the bright light and excited energy we needed! The BRAIDS!!!! KATLYN IS THE BRAID QUEEN!!!! She was able to give each girl a unique braid of their own while still complementing my bigger braid. I absolutely loved my hair and makeup on my wedding day. I felt comfortable and I felt beautiful. Obviously... I HIGHLY RECCOMMEND KATLYN!!!! (:

Sent on 02/13/2021

The Itty Bitty Boutique's reply:

Elaina! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this sweet review! I am so happy that everything was what you envisioned it would be on your big day! You and your girls were so fantastic to work with!

• Haley

Haley L. · Married on 08/15/2020

Katlyn is the best!

LOVE HER! She did a fantastic job. She listened to what I liked and did not like to find the perfect look for me. She did a beautiful job on my bridesmaids as well! Highly recommend.

Sent on 08/26/2020

The Itty Bitty Boutique's reply:

Thank you so much for taking your time to write such a sweet review, Haley!! And I ADORE these photos!!! I'm so happy that we were able to find a look that met all of your expectations for your special day!! You and your bridesmaids were so easy to make beautiful, because you're already stunning!!

• Fabiola

Fabiola · Married on 07/29/2020

I am looking forward to do my next hair and make up again.

Katlyn took her time to explained and gave me advices to pick up the right hair and make up for my wedding because I wasn’t sure what to do.she did a great job on doing my mother and my maid oh honor make up. She was very polite, professional, on time, dedicated. I am looking forward to do my make up and hair for my pregnancy photoshoot.I would definitely recommended her, you won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 09/10/2020

The Itty Bitty Boutique's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review, Fabiola!! I had an absolute blast working with you for your wedding, and can't wait to work with you again!!!

• Ashley

Ashley H. · Married on 06/06/2020

Katlyn was a ROCKSTAR!!!

Katlyn was beyond my wildest dreams!! She was kind, funny, loving, thoughtful and made the whole process seamless!! There's lots to worry about on your wedding day but she is not one! Her styling techniques, makeup skills, and hairstyling were impeccable. I looked like a real princess on my wedding day and it's all because of her. My makeup and hair stayed through hours of heat and dancing. Not one bad photo!! Her personality was icing on the cake too. She made the whole process so much fun!! Lovely lovely lovely! I cannot rave enough about her. SO thankful for her!!

Sent on 11/22/2020

The Itty Bitty Boutique's reply:

Ashley you are too kind!!!! Thank you SO much for this amazing review!! I LOVED working with you and I am so happy that we were able to exceed all of your expectations on your big day!!

Chelsea B. · Married on 01/25/2020

Beautiful hair and makeip

Katlyn was absolutely phenomenal to work with. I did a trial with her back in September and she was able to come up with the perfect hair and makeup for my big day. The day of the wedding was absolutely amazing while getting ready with my bridesmaids and mom. She was absolutely amazing with how she did every girls hair the day of and gave advice on what would work best with the weather that day. Her assistant did an amazing job with their makeup as well. Katlyn did my hair and makeup right before I got into my dress and she did an absolutely amazing job! My hair and makeup lasted all day including in taking pictures outside in the wind.

Sent on 01/30/2020

The Itty Bitty Boutique's reply:

Thank you so much for letting us get you ready on your special day! I had so much fun with you and everyone else! You are so sweet and I can't wait to see you again soon!!!!

Courtney B. · Married on 11/10/2019

Perfect Day!

I’m so glad I chose Katlyn for my hair and makeup for my wedding! We had a trial session and she was very accommodating to anything I wanted tweaked or changed after the trial. She checked in on me throughout the planning process making sure I was happy and didn’t need anything from her. We had a large bridal group, but Katlyn stuck to our timeline perfectly. All my bridesmaids were very happy with their looks. I got so many compliments on my hair and makeup. Katlyn has a great presence, she’s very sweet and easygoing. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 01/20/2020

The Itty Bitty Boutique's reply:

Thank you Courtney!! you are absolutely STUNNING and I'm so happy that I could make all your hair and makeup dreams come true for your wedding! You are amazing!!

• Andi

Andi · Married on 10/25/2019

Wedding hair & makeup

Katlyn was very professional and understanding on what I wanted for my wedding hair and make up! Not only did everything turn it perfect my make up lasted over 12 hours untouched and when I took my hair out I was able to wear my curls the next day for another event I was attending!! I definitely recommend her as she has been in the business for a while now and has perfected her work!

Sent on 10/30/2019

The Itty Bitty Boutique's reply:

Thank you so much Andi! You are ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. I'm so happy I could help and be apart of your special day, you truly are a beautiful person inside and out!

• Jade

Jade · Married on 10/19/2019

Katlyn was a dream to work with!

Katlyn really took the time to know me and what I was looking for. Her bubbly personality helped keep me calm the day of. She made the entire process simple, was very responsive, and was open to any changes I wanted after the trial. Not to mention the makeup stayed in tact all night! Highly recommend booking her!

Sent on 11/23/2019

The Itty Bitty Boutique's reply:

Thank you so much Jade for all of your kind words!! You are truly a light that shines the whole room! I cannot wait to see you again. Congrats!!!!