18 Reviews for The Island, by Hotel RL

Glassware (1)
Linens (1)
Parking (1)
18 The Island, by Hotel RL Reviews

We had our wedding at the Ramada Plaza Beach Resort in 7/16/2016. The sales manager, Veronica Clark was absolutely amazing, helpful, very responsive with messages in a promptly manner, very professional, she provided excellent customer service and was super friendly! All the staff that cater to us during our wedding reception was excellent. The front desk personnel was very nice too. Everyone at the wedding loved the Reception food, we had the seafood festival buffet and it was a lot of food that everyone enjoyed. The quality of service was excellent! The wedding package and prices was within our budget and reasonable which was hard to find a venue in the area that included most of the services we needed in our big day. The beach is absolutely beautiful, breath taking despite the heat in July. Our Suite was located on the 5th floor with front view of the beach and it had 2 balconies, one in the bedroom and the other in the living room so that was great! Very specious, comfortable living room and kitchenette. Ramada recommended Beach Side Ceremonies for our wedding ceremony décor, wedding planner/coordinator, photography, and pastor which was included in the package. The only recommendation I would make to this Resort is a face lift and renovation of the rooms as it is a bit outdated. Our suite was comfortable and we did not have any issues, but a couple of our guests did in their rooms. Also, a little more organization in guiding the guests to the location of the wedding ceremony location, we had some guests that could not find the location and asked a staff, but they said they didn't know. Just a little room for improvement in things like that. Other than that, everyone was great, the food was delicious, our suite was clean and comfortable, the staff and team that helped us was great! Thank You Ramada Plaza Beach Resort for helping us have a wonderful wedding ceremony and reception.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Amina, 7/16/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Stations, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

We had our reception at the Ramada on 04.23.16 and we really enjoyed our experience. Veronica Clark was a pleasure to work with! We were planning our wedding from Georgia so I was a little nervous, but everything turned out perfect! The food was delicious, the only complaint was the food wasn't left out longer so we could eat more! The staff was very attentive and we used their chair covers and centerpieces and we loved those as well!

Thanks Ramada!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Quwana & Jason, 4/23/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering

We stayed at the Ramada all week and the rooms were very comfortable while still for a decent resort price. The showers were nice and the reception desk people were very friendly. We took a lot of our wedding photos in the quad that has the beautiful plants and waterfalls and our photographer was very happy with how they came out. I would definitely recommend staying here and even using the area for wedding photo shoots.

Profile Picture Alana, 11/29/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We had our reception at the ramada following our beach wedding! They did a wonderful job! The food was amazing! Especially the grouper! All of our guests commented on how delicious everything was! The staff was great! We couldn't have been any more pleased!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/23/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was very pleased with Ramada Plaza Beach Resort. The staff was very friendly. The resort was always clean. On site food was good. Perfect location on beachfront property. Very happy. Great group rates!

Profile Picture Shelby, 11/16/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They did our reception in the garden area cafe. It was beautiful and the people that waited on us were so polite and very good at their jobs. The food was great and they gave me great choices. The table was in a U shape so we could all mingle and not feel so far apart. They let me come in early and decorate which was nice cause i had a lot to put out. The ladies in the office were so nice always prompt at emailing or calling you back. Great price on the food per person as well. Thanks again it was the best part of my wedding.

Profile Picture Candice, 7/27/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We absolutely LOVED The Ramada. We planned our destination wedding from our computer so we knew we would have to take everything as it was once we got there. I chose this venue for our reception because it was affordable (both for the venue and for our out-of-town guests to stay). I was not disappointed! The Forum Room was on the top floor of the hotel overlooking the beach and the bay area. The hotel grounds were beautiful and allowed us for many photo opportunities. I also chose this hotel because it is in walking distance to The Boardwalk which hosted our 'after party'. The food was delicious (we are still getting compliments on it) and the package was perfect for what we wanted. I think the best part was the experience. The catering manager, sales manager, bartender, wait staff and directors brought us so many 'above and beyond' feelings towards the venue. If you are looking for a place with a lot of character and wonderful package, this is definitely it!

Some things to note: They offer a free space for the wedding outside the hotel. We did not do this due to high traffic on the beach. We ended up finding a free public beach down the street (2-3 miles) and it was perfect! Also, the rooms are a little out dated, but they were clean and the hotel grounds made up for it! Besides, we wanted our guests to be able to make the trip from out of town and it was affordable! I would recommend the Ramada to any of my friends. I think we might even take some anniversary trips there.

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/12/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Ramada is an excellent venue to have your ceremony and reeption. Our reception was in the Ambassador Room. The room is a large room without any views, but you are able to make great use of the space, and Brandon, the catering manager will work with you to ensure that you get everything that you need/want. Jamie and Haley were also available to answer any questions and provided quick responses to any emails. We have received many compliments from the food we served at our wedding. The ribs were delicious. As for the hotel itself- it is gorgeous and your guests will be impressed!

Profile Picture Allyson, 10/13/12, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amber the event coordinator was so helpful and sweet! Beautiful room (we used to empire room), DELICIOUS FOOD!!!! And they worked with us on our ever changing menu!

Profile Picture Danielle , 6/9/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amber was AWESOME!!!! the place is very reasonable and they do everything they can to make sure it is exactly what you want. I also had them do the Carribean Luau, and it tasted sooooooo good. everyone remarked how good the food was!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!

Profile Picture Megan, 5/18/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I love the Ramada Plaza Beach Resort the food was real good and customer service was good too. Ask for Amber Campbell...:)

Profile Picture Theresa, 4/21/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We searched and searched for a beautiful, yet affordable venue for our ceremony and reception. Ramada FWB was by far, the absolute best. The property is amazing, especially the waterfall and grotto bar. Ramada made our wedding gorgeous. All of our guests said they were really impressed with the hotel. I would reccomend this wedding venue to anyone. You need to request Amber Campbell. She is the go-to-girl for weddings. :)

Profile Picture Carolann, 10/16/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at the Ramada Plaza made our day everything we had hoped for and then some!!! The staff is fantastic, the venue is by far one of the most beautiful you will ever see and I still get comments daily from my guests about how the food is the best they had ever had at a wedding! They are super flexible and will work with you to make your day as perfect as ours! Ask for Amber!

Profile Picture Monica, 9/18/10, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Our daughter searched a long time for a venue for her wedding and when she found the Ramada, she fell in love! Her father and I did not see the faciltiy until we arrived for the wedding and it was like we had died and gone to heaven. The facility and the view were absolutely perfect and all of the staff went out of their way to make our event special and fun. Amber is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She sure helped me get through the MOB stress and always had a smile and encouraging words.
The seafood buffet was so good and all of our guests still talk about how good it was.

Profile Picture Linda, 9/18/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Jaime Lamey at the Ramada was absolutely amazing from the very beginning. She made sure that everything was going ok and was always asking if there was anything else she could do for me, being that I lived 2000 miles away and couldn't make it there till the week of our wedding. Jaime put us in the forum room; which is on the 6th floor of the beach tower, what an amazing view.
Brandon Blesi, the catering manager, was truly amazing also. I had asked to substitute vegetables; which he did. I asked for the sauce to be on the side and it was. I asked for the kids to be served first, they were ( I totally recommend the chicken finger plate for the kids, they all loved it and was nothing left on their plates well except for the peaches). His staff did an amazing job that night. Everyone was complementing on how wonderful the food was and how hot it was.
Tim our bartender was helpful as well. He made sure everyone got what they wanted, even recognized us a few days later down at the beach bar. He was so good natured and thanked us for having a dj there.
The staff at the Ramada was truly amazing, I can't say enough about them, the hotel was astonishing, the views were amazing and I absolutely can not think of one bad thing to say. We had a very good experience from the time we walked in the doors to the time we left. Thanks to everyone who helped...

Profile Picture TOBI, 5/4/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Service was wonderful. The food was very good.

Profile Picture Mary, 9/6/08, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was very pleased with Ramada Plaza Beach Resort. The staff was very friendly. Jamie and Katie were great to work with. The resort was always clean. Perfect location on beachfront property. Very happy. Great group rates!

Our food for cocktail hour and the reception was delicious! Guests have said it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. My only complaints are that we were told we could not have a band in the Garden Cafe and the group the night before us did. Also, we ordered kids plates and they didn't bring them out until the kids had already gone through the line.

All in all I would definitely refer the Ramada to anyone wanting to have a beach wedding in the Panhandle.

Profile Picture Amanda, 12/13/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
This review is currently being verified.