The Inn on Pamlico Sound Reviews

The Inn on Pamlico Sound 4
The Inn on Pamlico Sound 5
  • Melody

Melody Baker · Married on 10/05/2019

Elegant venue with stunning natural surroundings.

We could not be more thrilled with how perfectly our wedding day was at The Inn on Pamlico Sound. I am still coming down off the high of such a surreal and beautiful day! We had dinner there once and the experience was one we wanted to share with our family on our wedding day.

The planning process was smooth with the No Stress. Gina is bubbly and energetic and a ton of fun to work with. She thinks of the things you would never think of and gets everything lined up so you simply get dressed and enjoy your day! But if you are like me and want to butt in at times, she is cool with that, too!

Sunset point is breathtaking. It was a windy overcast day but cleared up just enough for the perfect ceremony. I’m swooning over the photos Daniel Pullen photography took. Kate captured us so perfectly.

I highly recommend The Inn on Pamlico Sound if you have an intimate event like ours, or a larger event. They strive to make your wedding and your stay perfect and you get to meet and befriend some really amazing people in the process. We are guests for life!

The Inn on Pamlico Sound 6
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 7
    Sent on 11/14/2019

The Inn on Pamlico Sound's reply:

Melody, it was an honor to be entrusted with your wedding. We look forward to seeing you and Cory back as our guests for many years to come.
  • Ken

Nicole Kardaras · Married on 08/15/2019

raves for Inn on Pamlico Sound & Cafe Pamlico - wedding catering!

We would like to praise and recommend the Inn on Pamlico Sound & Cafe Pamlico for their food and catering services! They were fantastic in support of our daughter's wedding in Buxton on Thursday, August 15, 2019! Steve Nelson and company at the Inn/Cafe were really great!
    This was a destination wedding with the reception held at a private home in Buxton. (So, of course, arranging from a distance creates a bit of anxiety,.. and otherwise having to provide day care for my 88year old mom throughout,.. family/guest arrivals,.. the celebration events, weather etc etc). No need to worry though -- we were in good hands,.. everything was wonderful!!
    Steve introduced his event manager, Gina Williams. Gina and I connected several times to address all bride/groom interests. Gina and Seth, the chef, were very supportive and most accommodating in creating a desired menu that suited our headcount and budget. Gina assured the morning of the celebration that all was ready as planned,.. and it was! (They were nice enough to deliver and set up tables and chairs we had ordered, the night before to avoid wedding day conflict.) Food and plates and serving dishes were all in place as guests arrived. The celebration proceeded accordingly!
    The guests raved about the food throughout the festivities! The servers, Zach and Amber, made sure all entrees were fresh and available the entire time. There were ample servings of all and actually a lot of leftovers, which Zach and Amber prepared for overnight storage etc. Nothing but praise for the food and the services throughout the evening -- everything was great!
    Our compliments to the chef!
    Gina and team then followed-up the next day (as had been pre-arranged) to remove the tables and chairs, etc. All was wrapped up neatly and in timely fashion. I continued to receive complements regarding the food and service arrangements throughout the week. All was very positive.
    I applaud all! Steve and his team at The Inn on Pamlico Sound & Cafe Pamlico were excellent - thorough, friendly and professional!. As I explained to Gina, this was my first time as a "Father of the Bride" or securing a catering service for anything. They made it simple and wonderful (regardless setting it up from long-distance ),.. All nice and neat.
    Best wishes to Steve and all at the Inn and Cafe,.. continued success!
    Ken Kardaras
    Washington DC area

Sent on 10/21/2019

KESHA · Married on 08/10/2019

Amazing, Easy and Memorable!

Where do I begin? This place and this staff are amazing! We are a lesbian couple and we were a little hesitant when it came to picking a venue because let’s face it there aren’t a lot of laws to protect us from discrimination. Steve, Gina, Melissa, Natasha and Dallas made us feel so welcome and comfortable. Gina is magical and you can trust her to make your day as beautiful as you ever imagined. Melissa was so patient dealing with all of our family room changes and bookings. Natasha helped with our menu and drinks and OMG that crab Mac and cheese was phenomenal. Dallas has a smile that just lights up a room. He served us at our tasting and worked our rehearsal and reception. The Inn is lucky to have him. His personality and easy going attitude are everything! The rest of the staff from servers and bartenders to housekeepers were all great and welcoming. Our families booked every room at the Inn and Steve welcomed them all when they arrived. Our wedding weekend was full of fun from jet skiing and kayaking to beach days and drunk nights on the balcony it was amazing. After our wedding some of us even jumped in the pool. Steve said if you book the whole Inn you will have complete run of the place and we did. We made some great memories here and if your on the fence about where to get married stop looking and call the Inn. It’s the best decision we made when we started planning. I am not getting paid to write this review, it was just that great. I will admit we were a little nervous picking vendors that we never met especially the bakery for our cake. We didn’t get to do a cake tasting so I was concerned. But Gina said to trust her and I’m glad we did. We picked a half naked yellow cake with a raspberry filling and our guests are still talking about it. Our flowers were beautiful and our bouquets even survived the drive home two days after the wedding. Gina asked us to send her our wedding Pinterest boards so that she can get an idea of what we wanted and let me tell you our cake and flowers were almost exactly what we had on our boards. I don’t know what else to say but call them and book your wedding venue. I promise you won’t regret it. Most of our guests were asking us why we picked this place “in the middle of no where” and all of them were making plans to come back before they left. This place is a Gem and you can’t help but fall in love with it and the staff. My wife and I are grateful for the memories they helped us make and we will be back. ❤️

Sent on 08/18/2019

The Inn on Pamlico Sound's reply:

Kesha, it was our honor to host your and Britani's wedding. LOVED your families. Expectt to see you back for teh rest of your days!

The management and staff of The Inn

Abby · Married on 06/20/2019

June wedding at the Inn on Pamlico

My husband and I are so happy we chose the Inn on Pamlico for our wedding reception. From the very start, Steve and Gina were amazing and so helpful. Planning a destination wedding was a scary thing at first, but their professionalism and knowledge set us at ease.

Our guests have been raving about their experiences as well staying at the Inn. Beautiful, well- decorated rooms, amazing views, and gorgeous grounds to explore. And the FOOD. Not only was the food at our reception some of the best food we’ve ever had, our guests said the same thing about everything they tasted while staying there.

Our wedding day went perfectly thanks to Gina. She was organized, ensured that the decorations, layout, and tables were exactly what we had envisioned. Walking into our reception really felt like a dream! Throughout the evening, The entire staff at the Inn did such a fantastic job, ensuring my husband and I had the most perfect experience. The bartenders, servers, and all staff we encountered were so kind to Mike and I and our family and friends.

The weather was perfect and we had the most amazing sunset. Our guests could not stop talking about the view from the deck where the reception was held and how romantic and beautiful it was.

I know that the Inn will have future business from my husband and I& so many of our wedding guests based on this experience. I am so glad we trusted the Inn on Pamlico with such an important day. Our expectations were exceeded, and yours will be too!

Thank you Inn on Pamlico!

The Inn on Pamlico Sound 8
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 20
    Sent on 07/10/2019

caroline stoughton · Married on 05/24/2019

Wonderful!!

We used Cafe Pamlico to cater our wedding at a home in Buxton. They were fabulous to work with and very responsive to all requests. The food was delicious - we had so many compliments on the seafood boil. They were also great about a few alternate meals for vegetarians and those with allergies. We even had a few guests that left during meal time to put their little kids to bed and the servers kept their plates for them and warmed them up when they came back! The servers were great! We had them provide the beer and wine and they provided the bartender, who was awesome! And Gina did a fabulous job coordinating and with day of planning! I'd highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Adena Chudy Plescow · Married on 05/23/2019

Amazing place!

The Inn on Pamlico Sound was an amazing place for both our ceremony and our reception! Gina was awesome to work with and made the whole wedding planning process and wedding day easy and stress free (well for me at least!). She took care of pretty much everything, and it could not have been a more perfect day!! The Inn is such a beautiful place and the food was fantastic; it was(is) a wonderful place to get married!! Highly recommended!!!

The Inn on Pamlico Sound 21
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 22
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 23
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 24
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 25
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 26
    Sent on 09/13/2019

kate · Married on 04/06/2019

The most incredible day ever (seriously)

I will remember out wedding for the rest of my life. The food that Seth cooked and served to our guests was fantastic, Gina is an incredible coordinator, Steve made us feel at home, but most of all- we shared one of our favorite places with all of our favorite people.

Seriously consider booking out the entire Inn with your wedding party like we did for your wedding- you will not regret having all of your best people in one place with all the amenities at the Inn for your entertainment!

I cannot say enough great things about my wedding day at the Inn, but I will say that it was the best decision.

The Inn on Pamlico Sound 27

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Christina

Christina Newlands · Married on 02/09/2019

Truly above and beyond

The Inn on Pamlico Sound was an amazing place for a wedding ceremony and reception! We had a small wedding of 15 guests and the IOPS was able to accommodate our every need. Our wedding coordinator Gina was on point with everything from vendors to food; the owner Steve was friendly and accommodating allowing our dog on the grounds for our ceremony; our server Melissa was so helpful with food and drink needs; the executive chef Seth created culinary masterpieces! We were very impressed and thankful for the wonderful experience!

The Inn on Pamlico Sound 29
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 30
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 31
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 32
    Sent on 02/11/2019
  • Gina

Gina · Married on 10/27/2018

Everything we wanted - and more

Looking for an affordable wedding venue in the Outer Banks bears strong resemblance to searching for a needle in a haystack, so at first the Inn on Pamlico Sound seemed too good to be true: a gorgeous inn on the water with bed-and-breakfast hospitality, onsite catering and alcohol, and a dedicated wedding coordinator with her own stores of decorations? No way could that be as perfect as it sounded.

Still, we took a leap of faith and booked sight unseen (we could cancel up to six months before with no penalty), then visited a week later. Words cannot describe how picturesque the inn is, and we were instantly sold on its quaint charm.

Over the year that we worked with the staff at the Inn, they were professional and efficient in making sure our questions were answered and our needs were met. We worked with wedding coordinator Gina to plan the ceremony and reception and with executive chef Seth to craft the rehearsal dinner and reception menus of our dreams. We simply could not be happier with how our day turned out - and at a price that didn’t put us in newlywed debt!

To anyone planning a destination wedding on the water, you’d be nuts not to at least pay the Inn on Pamlico Sound a visit to let them show you what makes them the best venue on the Outer Banks. We are eternally grateful to them, and can’t wait to be back for future anniversaries!

Sent on 11/22/2018

Michael · Married on 10/06/2018

What can I say? My bride was beyond happy and that's all that matters to me. Steve, Gina and the whole team were spectacular and I couldn't recommend them more!

The Inn on Pamlico Sound 33
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 34
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 35
    Sent on 10/11/2018

Sarah · Married on 08/27/2018

Everyone we worked with was amazing. The whole team feels like a big family and they make you feel as though you are part of it. Steve took care of us when choosing a package and eliminated any concerns we had. Gina kept in touch regularly and did such a wonderful job selecting vendors and organizing everything. Natasha was so helpful when we were making room arrangements for all of our guests. Honestly, our day couldn’t have been any better. The area is so beautiful and relaxing, the food is amazing and the people are even better. We will be back to visit and reminisce for sure!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Carly · Married on 08/04/2018

We are in love with this place! Our wedding was magical. Everything about it was amazing. The food, the service, the hospitality, the kindness of the staff....you definitely need to eat, stay, have your wedding here!!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Ceili · Married on 07/29/2018

My husband and I got married at the Inn on Pamlico Sound in July and we honestly cannot say enough wonderful things about the venue and its staff. We are from Baltimore and planned a destination wedding for 70 guests, which at first seemed like a daunting and overwhelming task, but the staff excels at event planning and made the whole process stress free. Steve provides organized pricing spreadsheets and a list of preferred vendors, which saved me a ton of time- and all of the vendors were top-notch. Natasha helped us to place our guests in rooms at the Inn for the weekend and was super flexible and accommodating. She responds very promptly to emails and kept everything organized even with multiple changes. Gina, our coordinator, was AMAZING! She is professional but easygoing so I never felt pressured or stressed while planning. On the day of, we dealt with some volatile weather but she somehow managed to get our setup done outside at the last minute so we could have a beautiful outdoor ceremony. The food and service from Cafe Pamlico is incredible! (Shout out to Seth and Dallas!) We had a huge variety to choose from and it was above and beyond our expectations. Our guests kept talking all night about how delicious dinner was! Add all of this together with the beautiful scenery and the spacious, beautifully decorated rooms, and we had a truly amazing wedding weekend. Steve promises to exceed your expectations, and the Inn does exactly that. Thank you Inn on Pamlico Sound for giving me the wedding of my dreams!

Sent on 08/14/2018
  • Jeremy

Jeremy · Married on 07/03/2018

Quaint. Beautiful. Friendly. Accommodating. Perfect!

We could not have been more pleased with every aspect of our wedding at The Inn on Pamlico Sound. The prices were reasonable, the entire staff was as overly friendly and helpful and accommodating as could be, the food was incredible and the scenery simply could not be beat! We live in the Northeast, so not only did we have to plan and coordinate everything with Gina remotely while not getting to see the place until the day before the rehearsal dinner, but we also had to do everything within 4 months! And we were honesty impressed with how quickly and beautifully they pulled everything off! Gina, the wedding coordinator, was absolutely incredible. She is GREAT at what she does. We simply provided her with ideas of what we wanted, and she produced. . . exceeding our expectations. The entire staff was supremely accommodating to us and our guests - including special accommodations for elderly and slightly disabled guests as well as guests with food allergies. We also had to make some last-minute changes from dining outside to inside, and they pulled everything off with a smile and without a hitch! We'd also like to give a special shout out to a particular staff member, Dallas. While Gina handle all the big stuff, Dallas made sure each and every guest had anything and everything they needed, including striking up engaging conversation and virtually becoming a member of our family! And the SCENERY! And the SUNSET! You simply cannot find a better backdrop for your wedding. Period. It's breathtaking. We could not have imagined getting married anywhere else. If you're looking for a friendly, quaint, supremely accommodating venue for your wedding with unmatched scenery, then Inn on Pamlico Sound is your venue!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Amy · Married on 05/20/2018

I can't say enough about the professionalism, the world class customer service, the perfect vow renewal that all the staff at The Inn on Pamlico Sound made happen for my husband and I this past weekend. It was a phenomenal celebration and the whole event went without a hitch. I could not be more satisfied with the way my vow renewal turned out. They treated my family and I like family. I love this place and will come back for family vacations.

Sent on 05/22/2018
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 04/18/2018

My husband and I got married at the Inn this past week and it was absolutely amazing! The venue was stunning, the staff was so friendly, accommodating and helpful, Gina, our event planner, was an absolute lifesaver and made sure everything was perfect for our special day . The Inn is the perfect place for an Island wedding and the room we stayed in was gorgeous. The service and amenities all around were top notch! The Inn will forever hold a special place in our hearts for making our wedding and our stay there more perfect than we ever could have imagined.

We chose the “No Stress Wedding” package the Inn offers and it was fantastic. Was perfect for putting together our smallish (30 guests) wedding especially since we live out of town. Gina knows all the best vendors on the island and was able to help match us with the best vendors for what we wanted for our dream wedding. It truly was the smoothest and most stress free wedding planning we ever could have hoped for!

The Inn on Pamlico Sound 36
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 37
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 38
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 39
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 40
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 41
    Sent on 04/28/2018

Susan · Married on 04/14/2018

We booked the Inn on Pamilco Sound about a year prior to the wedding date. The Inn is about 4 hours away from our home so we were a bit nervous but that quickly went away as communication was completely open and any questions or concerns were completely and efficiently addressed through the planning process. We chose the wedding weekend package and when we arrived on Thursday afternoon of the wedding weekend, we were greeted with huge, enthusiasitc smiles from every one of the staff and welcomed as if we were "coming home". After attending to some final details, we literally kicked back and relaxed. We got to know the all of the staff on a first name basis and felt like we had known them all for years. As the mother of the bride, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The rooms were large, comfortable, clean and had a simple southern elegance about them with views of the Pamilico sound that were amazing! And the FOOD! Our wedding guests commented that it was the best food they had EVER had at a wedding!! And guess what? All of this was within the budget we had set from the very beginning with the Event coordinator! I could write a book about so many of the experiences we had over the weekend-ones we will treasure forever. We enjoyed it so much, my husband and I decided to stay an extra night after the wedding! When we left, it was as if we were leaving family but we know we will return to "our" Inn on Pamilco Sound! Thanks to everyone at the Inn, our daughter truly experienced the wedding of her dreams!

Sent on 04/18/2018

Regina · Married on 04/07/2018

We had a perfect dinner after the rehearsal ceremony of my son's wedding. The attention to details and the excellence of the meal made this special event memorable. Highly reccomended.

Sent on 04/23/2018

Lydie · Married on 09/25/2017

We had our wedding here in September during the hurricanes. We ended up moving our ceremony two days ahead to miss the storm and the Inn was great to work with during this hectic time. Everything turned out great and we'd do it all the same way again!

Sent on 12/08/2017

Kara · Married on 05/13/2017

My husband and I chose the Inn to have our wedding dinner as well we stayed there for the weekend of our wedding. We would of had our wedding there but I've always wanted to get married on the beach. The staff was phenomenal and very helpful especially being are dinner party was a little larger than we expected but they were very accommodating and I didn't have to lift a finger. The service was superb, the food was phenomenal and very fresh. All our guests raved about everything and commented how great the food was, the scenery, the setup and the service. I would highly recommend anyone who needs a place to have their wedding with a perfect sunset view or even their wedding dinner and a stay in their fabulous rooms with great views to go here

The Inn on Pamlico Sound 42
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 43
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 44
    Sent on 11/30/2017

Caitlin · Married on 04/30/2017

I highly recommend the Inn on Pamlico Sound for anyone searching for a wedding venue in the outer banks. From the moment I put in an inquiry Steve was responsive and helpful in getting us set up. When we changed ceremony options after realizing we'd have a few more guests, they accommodated us without hesitation and we were able to continue with our planning. Gina answered all of my questions and set up a beautiful ceremony as well as reception and dinner room for us.

Every single person we met from the Inn was friendly, helpful, and made us feel at home. The sound views from anywhere are on the property are stunning. The food is amazing - dinner is phenomenal but don't miss out on breakfast either. We truly loved having our special day at the Inn and we can't wait to come back for future stays!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Rhonda · Married on 04/29/2017

My wedding was a dream come true.... I cannot thank Steve and everyone at Pamlico enough... The venue, decorations and food were wonderful... The staff especially Gina took care of everything so I can honestly say I felt no stress at all and was able to enjoy my special day. And for Steve.. well our wedding was the first one after the hurricane that did so much damage to Pamlico but he worked day and night to get the facility ready and that includes the night before but it was ready! We would definitely recommend The Inn on Pamlico.... I’ve been to two other beach wedding and no comparisons.... Thank you Steve and everyone again...

The Inn on Pamlico Sound 45
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 46
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 47
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 48
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 49
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 50
    Sent on 11/19/2017

Louis · Married on 10/06/2016

My daughter Sarah's lifetime dream was to have a wedding where family and friends could come together to celebrate her joyous day at a magical location. The Inn on Pamlico Sound was that location.

Expecting 102 guests, for 1 year Sarah worked closely with Steve and his staff covering every detail. The Inn guided Sarah and her husband to be Fred, through the stressful and complicated process making it fun and exciting and focused on every detail to ensure their day went perfect.

As we approached the October 8, 2016 wedding day, the worst possible situation became reality; Hurricane Mathew was bearing down on Cape Hatteras with a direct hit expected on October 8, 2016 putting North Carolina in a State of Emergency.

Instead of panicking, The Inn calmed everyone's fears and we moved the wedding up 3 days to Thursday October 6, 2016.The Inn already had another wedding scheduled for October 6, so they coordinated a new location, which was as amazing as The Inn.

Looking back, what could have been a disaster due to Hurricane Mathew, The Inn made my daughters wedding a incredible memorable magical event. I give Steve and his staff the utmost respect for running a professional business, stayed focused to every detail and put my daughters wedding ahead of their own personal affairs. Every Team member of The Inn on Pamlico Sound went above and beyond what i ever expected.

I would be happy to discuss further why the The Inn on Pamlico Sound should be the choice for your next magical event.

Louis E. Zeppieri
    Cell: 516-660-5682
    Email: louiszeppieri@gmail.com

Sent on 01/03/2017

Joshua · Married on 05/15/2016

First off, every aspect of this place is AMAZING. When my now wife and I arrived at the Inn on Pamlico Sound, we were searching for a food vendor for our wedding. Upon pulling in we were instantly impressed by the plethora of vegetables and herbs growing right out front. We found ourselves walking around looking at the gardens, just amazed at how many things were flourishing. We walked up and were instantly greeted by a friendly, smiling face asking how they could help us. We explained were looking for the manager to which she instantly got him. Before arriving, I had spoken with Steve on the phone, his dedication and passion is what drove us to try out Pamlico. Now meeting him, we were able to see this on full display. He spoke with such conviction and pride, that it made me believe that this would be our food vendor before we had even tried the food or heard a price. Needless to say, I was impressed. Now, it was time for the food. My wife and I are foodies, farm to table, local, sustainable, organic and fresh are all words that we strive to eat by on a daily basis and so does the Inn on Pamlico Sound. Everything we tried was absolutely delicious. The seared duck breast turned my wife into a lover of duck (well at least the one from here). This is fine dining at its best with an amazing view. The next morning, we were still talking about dinner, and the decision was made. This would be our food vendor on our most important day. Upon informing Steve that we would like to have Pamlico cater our wedding, he immediately started prepping us to think about what we wanted at our wedding. Next we talk personally with the Executive Chef, Scott, whom was absolutely AMAZING!! We explained how we would love to incorporate my wife’s Portuguese heritage into the cuisine and how we did not want stereotypical wedding choices. Chef Scott really was a joy and pleasure to work with. Even though he was planning his own wedding two weeks before ours, he made us fee

Sent on 06/24/2016