20 Reviews for The Inn on Pamlico Sound

Vegan (1)
House Liquor (1)
Signature Drink (1)
20 The Inn on Pamlico Sound Reviews

We had our wedding here in September during the hurricanes. We ended up moving our ceremony two days ahead to miss the storm and the Inn was great to work with during this hectic time. Everything turned out great and we'd do it all the same way again!

Profile Picture Lydie, 9/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Inn on Pamlico Sound is a little gem on Hatteras Island and we couldn't be more happy with our experience there for our wedding day! The staff was accommodating, caring, and just fun to be around (shout out to Gina and Natasha for being over the top helpful!!). The food is exceptional and the lodging is comfortable and quaint. The view is absolutely amazing and there are few other places that provide such a peaceful and zen setting. We are still hearing from our guests that it was the best wedding they have ever been to! I'm so glad that we decided to go with our hearts and get married in Buxton. Being there celebrated who we are as a couple and the Inn helped keep our vision of being close to nature, providing fresh food, peacefulness, and just being good people!

Profile Picture Carmela, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I chose the Inn to have our wedding dinner as well we stayed there for the weekend of our wedding. We would of had our wedding there but I've always wanted to get married on the beach. The staff was phenomenal and very helpful especially being are dinner party was a little larger than we expected but they were very accommodating and I didn't have to lift a finger. The service was superb, the food was phenomenal and very fresh. All our guests raved about everything and commented how great the food was, the scenery, the setup and the service. I would highly recommend anyone who needs a place to have their wedding with a perfect sunset view or even their wedding dinner and a stay in their fabulous rooms with great views to go here

Profile Picture Kara, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Seafood
2.5

Good: Staff worked very hard to work around weather for wedding and rehearsal. Centerpieces wouldn’t stay upright due to wind, and they tried to fix. Made bonfire despite high winds. Event staff is awesome – even found a babysitter. Location is beautiful and new deck is great. Rooms are comfy. Food is delicious.

Bad: Staff rarely replied within promised 24 hours. Pool/deck were destroyed in Matthew (10/16). We discovered this only upon visiting Hatteras in 11/16; Inn began booking our guests and didn’t mention the damage to us. I felt very misled. When I said this, Steve was responsive and apologetic, but we should have been informed proactively. At the wedding, we had several issues, only one of which has ever been explained. Different champagne was served than what we ordered. We weren’t told to expect this, and we’d never tasted it; photos show that this was the case from the outset (vs that we ran out). Plastic was used for champagne/beer/wine; it looked and felt cheap. Water, however, was in actual glasses. The amplifier blew 3x and finally died, killing the dancing. We found out belatedly that all of the kids at our wedding (9 out of 70 ppl) were fed 45 min after everyone else (entrées the same, just smaller). No explanation for any of the above, except amp was faulty and mfr. sent a new one. After I posted my initial review in July, Steve asked me to take it down, so we could “make it right” – he had not been aware of any of the issues outside of the amp. We appreciated this and removed the review. We do not feel his offer of 4 nights’ lodging/dinner, while generous, is commensurate with the issues (and we live 6 hours away); our weekend brought over $25k of revenue in the shoulder season. Steve will not consider an alternative (i.e. refund of venue fee) and insinuated I was out of line for asking for this. We are reposting our review with the added information. I wanted to be married here since before I met my husband, so very sad it ended this way.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Maureen, 5/6/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Italian, Local, Seafood, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegetarian

I highly recommend the Inn on Pamlico Sound for anyone searching for a wedding venue in the outer banks. From the moment I put in an inquiry Steve was responsive and helpful in getting us set up. When we changed ceremony options after realizing we'd have a few more guests, they accommodated us without hesitation and we were able to continue with our planning. Gina answered all of my questions and set up a beautiful ceremony as well as reception and dinner room for us.

Every single person we met from the Inn was friendly, helpful, and made us feel at home. The sound views from anywhere are on the property are stunning. The food is amazing - dinner is phenomenal but don't miss out on breakfast either. We truly loved having our special day at the Inn and we can't wait to come back for future stays!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 4/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding was a dream come true.... I cannot thank Steve and everyone at Pamlico enough... The venue, decorations and food were wonderful... The staff especially Gina took care of everything so I can honestly say I felt no stress at all and was able to enjoy my special day. And for Steve.. well our wedding was the first one after the hurricane that did so much damage to Pamlico but he worked day and night to get the facility ready and that includes the night before but it was ready! We would definitely recommend The Inn on Pamlico.... I’ve been to two other beach wedding and no comparisons.... Thank you Steve and everyone again...

Profile Picture Rhonda, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Officiant, Travel, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, Breakfast/Brunch, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s)

We got married here in the spring and it couldn’t have been easier. Thanks to the staff for making our day and our whole stay relaxing and fun.

Profile Picture Catherine, 4/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter Sarah's lifetime dream was to have a wedding where family and friends could come together to celebrate her joyous day at a magical location. The Inn on Pamlico Sound was that location.

Expecting 102 guests, for 1 year Sarah worked closely with Steve and his staff covering every detail. The Inn guided Sarah and her husband to be Fred, through the stressful and complicated process making it fun and exciting and focused on every detail to ensure their day went perfect.

As we approached the October 8, 2016 wedding day, the worst possible situation became reality; Hurricane Mathew was bearing down on Cape Hatteras with a direct hit expected on October 8, 2016 putting North Carolina in a State of Emergency.

Instead of panicking, The Inn calmed everyone's fears and we moved the wedding up 3 days to Thursday October 6, 2016.The Inn already had another wedding scheduled for October 6, so they coordinated a new location, which was as amazing as The Inn.

Looking back, what could have been a disaster due to Hurricane Mathew, The Inn made my daughters wedding a incredible memorable magical event. I give Steve and his staff the utmost respect for running a professional business, stayed focused to every detail and put my daughters wedding ahead of their own personal affairs. Every Team member of The Inn on Pamlico Sound went above and beyond what i ever expected.

I would be happy to discuss further why the The Inn on Pamlico Sound should be the choice for your next magical event.

Louis E. Zeppieri
Cell: 516-660-5682
Email: louiszeppieri@gmail.com

Profile Picture Louis, 10/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Local, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

I cannot say enough good things about the Inn on Pamlico sound and the staff. We recently had our wedding there and could not have picked a better place. The property itself is beautiful and the sound views make for unique and gorgeous pictures. The staff at the Inn were so enthusiastic and helpful and just went above and beyond for the wedding. Gina, the wedding coordinator, had everything running smoothly on the day of the wedding and any little issue that popped up, like a broken bustle, she fixed like it was nothing. Another highlight worth noting about the Inn is the food. The rehearsal dinner and reception dinners were both incredible with lots of fresh seafood. Overall we had a great experience at the Inn and would not change a thing if we had to do it all again!

Profile Picture Bristol, 5/14/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Stations, American, Southern, Vegan

Our son and daughter in law's wedding was in May of 2016 in Cape Hatteras and we had our rehearsal dinner at The Inn at Pamlico Sound which was a memorable night for sure. The event planner Gina Williams had every detail just perfect and the view overlooking the sound was beautiful ! The Inn handled having an extra person very flawlessly as we had not counted her in the group. Thank you Gina , Steve and all dining staff who made the evening very special for us!

Profile Picture Suzy, 5/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I booked The Inn on Pamlico Sound for our wedding ceremony, reception, and catering. From start to finish the planning process with the Inn and their staff was flawless. Their 'working-invoice' process made the extremely daunting task of budget planning so easy and transparent. The property is beautiful and booking a wedding weekend made the whole event private and 100% catered to our needs and desires. Our guests were extremely complimentary of the food and services experienced the whole weekend and day of the wedding.

Everyone at the Inn was extremely professional and down-to-earth. Steve, the owner, made us feel like family right from the beginning. The entire staff had a hand in making our wedding weekend perfect and they exceeded our expectations. Our wedding would not have been possible without their help and guidance. I absolutely recommend booking The Inn on Pamlico Sound for your wedding and reception.

Profile Picture Challee, 3/26/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Vegetarian, American, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

What an incredible wedding weekend we had at the Inn on Pamlico Sound. The working budget was key in planning our wedding, and to allow for little financial stress in our planning process. Steve presented us with a laid-back, down to earth location, that has natural beauty and attention to detail in all aspects of its presentation. The staff are absolutely top of the line overall-Julia, Mandy, Peter, Will, and all of the wait staff were friendly, flexible, and willing to go out of their way to be helpful. Julia, Mandy and Peter even stayed late night to assure that we were content, and taken care of! There were even some unexpected extras that added to a fantastic celebration.It was difficult at times to fully grasp the extent of their wedding coordination services, and also challenging to try and get any of the staff, aside from Will, to work with us far in advance, as we were planning from afar. Our coordination left a little to be desired, as there wasn't anyone at our rehearsal, making our ceremony seating arrangements a bit chaotic. There were unclear guidelines of what was expected from the bride and groom over a few details. Things such as place cards, seating configurations assistance, and any additional decorations were minimal, and a last minute surprise aspect that we had to worry about. The location is peaceful, beautiful, and the amenities are limitless. The wedding weekend is a great way to go, and allows for a feel that you have free run of the property. Food was top of the line! All of our requests were fulfilled, and again the attention to detail in most regards was impeccable! Steve was open, and non-defensive to our feedback, and is genuine about assuring he is pleasing his guests. He runs a top notch facility overall, and is committed to quality assurance measures that make the Inn the best that it can be. We would highly recommend this location for a wedding, and are so pleased to be able to say that we got married at this slice of heaven!

Profile Picture Kinsey, 8/1/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), American, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Specialty Beer

From the start, the Inn on Pamlico Sound set the bar high, our decision to book with them was a no-brainer. We opted for the “No Stress Wedding” package. The view was beautiful and the sunset was amazing during our evening reception.

Over the course a year, we worked with Gina to complete the details of our wedding. We described our needs and she helped us find the best matches for us. Together, we selected an officiant based on our religious beliefs, a musician geared towards our taste in music, flowers/photos to meet our budgetary restrictions, and a menu fit for a King/Queen. But that wasn't it. Since we live in Baltimore, planning the specifics of the day was the challenge that we most feared, yet Gina made this process very easy. She worked with us to discuss centerpieces, decorations, cake preference, name cards, seating arrangements, etc. The process was flawless.

We worked with Executive Chef Will Canny to develop our menu. Being from Baltimore, we were nervous about out-of-state crab cakes. Somehow, he knocked these out of the park, pleasing 40 Baltimore palates. We were expecting the dreaded dry banquet chicken, yet Will stuffed them with a cornbread and pear stuffing that was to die for. The filet mignon was perfectly prepared, pink enough for the "rare eaters" and cooked enough for the "well-doners." Nobody sent their filet back, it melted in my mouth. The ahi tuna was L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y a work of art. It was so beautiful I hesitated to eat it. The portions were great, nobody left hungry.

The Inn on Pamlico Sound has mastered the art of "Customer Service." They were responsive, accommodating, affordable, and most important, transparent. We had no financial surprises, our wedding came in hundreds of dollars less than what was estimated.

Profile Picture User4580052, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant, Wedding Planning

My husband and I recently wed at the Inn and it was an absolutely amazing experience...Truly the wedding of our dreams. The owner Steve told us that he shoots to out do his guests expectations and he did that by leaps and bounds. He was always around to make sure things were going smoothly, guests were happy, and to answer any questions. He runs a beautiful hotel. Will, the Chef at Cafe Pamlico was more than accommodating to all requests, created a diverse menu for over 100 guests for two nights, and turned our favorite foods into delicious fare. Gina the wedding coordinator was tremendous. She exceeded every brides expectation of how a wedding would turn out. She not only made sure everything went according to schedule on 2 separate nights but also decorated and designed a beautiful setting. She was there anytime we needed her and was always willing to help in every situation. The staff (Lynzie, Julia, Dallas, Autumn, Krystal, Rosa, Karen, Sabrina, Jen, Alicia, Crew, Josh, and Danielle) was beyond friendly, put our guests at ease, and saw to their every need. The Inn offered a preferred vendor list from which we selected Daniel Pullen our photographer, and Danny Couch Island Native and owner of Hatteras Tours for wedding party transportation. Daniel and his coworker Kate took beautiful photos while blending in with the crowd. Danny offered safe & reliable transportation to and from the Inn. And the DJ Matt Cooper played a wide selection of music which kept our guests on the dance floor. The views are gorgeous and we could not have asked for anything more. We will definitely be back!

Profile Picture Tess, 5/23/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
4.7

Finest dining experience on the Outer Banks! Steve Nelson and his staff provided an incredbile catering experience for our wedding on 7/6/14. Due to hurricane Arthur, we were forced to move the event from 7/5/14, and the Inn was fully prepared to handle the change in plans. That is service!!! I highly recommend them for any catering need, or to indulge in the delicious cuisine at their restaurant, Cafe Pamlico.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/6/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

We used the Inn on Pamlico Sound/Cafe Pamlico for off-site catering at a rental home in Hatteras Village. There were some staff changes at the Inn in the months before our wedding, and we initially were somewhat concerned as the chef we had been dealing with was no longer with them. Chef Will ended up catering our wedding, and he and his staff went above and beyond what we had expected for our big day. He relieved us from any concerns we had about having a new chef. The staff faced some unique challenges as there was a power outage across the neighborhood the day of our wedding, shutting down the kitchen of the home we had rented. Chef Will, Gina, and the sous chef/server were so professional and able to adapt to the situation, utilizing the outdoor gas grills to finish the meal prep. The food was so delicious; and had I not witnessed it myself, I never would have known they faced any challenges that day. Gina and Julia also worked closely with our wedding coordinator was we reside out of town and found it challenging to finalize details from a distance. Our wedding guests strongly recommend that blackeded scallops hors d'oeuvre. I would recommend the Inn on Pamlico Sound to anyone planning an OBX wedding!

Profile Picture Jon & Julene, 6/11/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Inn on Pamlico Sound was an exquisite choice in venue. We opted for the Wedding Weekend package which gave us the flexibility of having the entire venue to ourselves for the weekend. We filled all of the rooms on the grounds easily and everyone raved about how comfortable and luxurious they were. Your room includes breakfast everyday and a fridge stocked with soft beverages and fresh baked goods all day. A huge plus for our nieces and nephews as well as the adults.

The food for the rehearsal and reception was outstanding. The food there is ALWAYS outstanding. We set up in the dining room over looking the sound and had a wonderful atmosphere. The service was impeccable, Ian, our bartender was awesome I'm still getting complements on him.

Jennifer the on-site coordinator kept me on track with planning the entire event. She was in touch with our local vendors and made all of the last minute calls and follow ups so we could focus on traveling down there with ease. She used what little I brought for decor and mixed with their own huge inventory decorated the venue in a laid back beachy OBX style. Perfect!

The whole experience was beyond anything I could have imagined. I was relaxed and able to enjoy the day because of the amazing planning and experienced staff. We vacation in the OBX OFTEN and the Inn is by far the best place we've stayed in/eaten at on the island

Profile Picture User2674259, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

The Inn on Pamlico Sound was the perfect venue for our daughter's " stress free" wedding. Jennifer was our wedding planner and Forrest was our Chef. Jennifer truly took care of our event and Forrest planned our menu. The food was amazing and everyone raved about the food and presentation. The servers were all professional and they all anticipated our every need and desire. It was a beautiful setting and the perfect place for a small intimate wedding.

Profile Picture Cathy, 3/28/13, 4 Reviews
4.3

The food was amazing for our wedding. We really loved Chef Forrest and his style. Jennifer was our Wedding day coordinator and made sure everything ran smoothly. We rented the house next to the Inn as our wedding ceremony and reception venue. If we needed anything Jennifer would run back and forth to the Inn and grab it (like the cake cutter we forgot-oops!) The chef was on site taking care of everything. I think all our guest raved about the food.

Profile Picture User2661149, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
4.7

Elisa was fantastic and super flexible and full of great ideas (decorating, planning, etc). She is an extremely hard worker and will make sure every detail on your wedding day is just right! The food was also fantastic - thanks to Chef Forrest and his team at the Inn. A++++++ - Great offsite catering company! Would have them cater for us again for sure!

Profile Picture Nikki, 10/10/10, 5 Reviews