The Inn on Pamlico Sound Reviews

The Inn on Pamlico Sound 6
The Inn on Pamlico Sound 7
  • Gina

Gina · Married on 10/27/2018

Everything we wanted - and more

Looking for an affordable wedding venue in the Outer Banks bears strong resemblance to searching for a needle in a haystack, so at first the Inn on Pamlico Sound seemed too good to be true: a gorgeous inn on the water with bed-and-breakfast hospitality, onsite catering and alcohol, and a dedicated wedding coordinator with her own stores of decorations? No way could that be as perfect as it sounded.

Still, we took a leap of faith and booked sight unseen (we could cancel up to six months before with no penalty), then visited a week later. Words cannot describe how picturesque the inn is, and we were instantly sold on its quaint charm.

Over the year that we worked with the staff at the Inn, they were professional and efficient in making sure our questions were answered and our needs were met. We worked with wedding coordinator Gina to plan the ceremony and reception and with executive chef Seth to craft the rehearsal dinner and reception menus of our dreams. We simply could not be happier with how our day turned out - and at a price that didn’t put us in newlywed debt!

To anyone planning a destination wedding on the water, you’d be nuts not to at least pay the Inn on Pamlico Sound a visit to let them show you what makes them the best venue on the Outer Banks. We are eternally grateful to them, and can’t wait to be back for future anniversaries!

Michael · Married on 10/06/2018

What can I say? My bride was beyond happy and that's all that matters to me. Steve, Gina and the whole team were spectacular and I couldn't recommend them more!

The Inn on Pamlico Sound 8
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 9
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 10

Sarah · Married on 08/27/2018

Everyone we worked with was amazing. The whole team feels like a big family and they make you feel as though you are part of it. Steve took care of us when choosing a package and eliminated any concerns we had. Gina kept in touch regularly and did such a wonderful job selecting vendors and organizing everything. Natasha was so helpful when we were making room arrangements for all of our guests. Honestly, our day couldn’t have been any better. The area is so beautiful and relaxing, the food is amazing and the people are even better. We will be back to visit and reminisce for sure!

Carly · Married on 08/04/2018

We are in love with this place! Our wedding was magical. Everything about it was amazing. The food, the service, the hospitality, the kindness of the staff....you definitely need to eat, stay, have your wedding here!!

Ceili · Married on 07/29/2018

My husband and I got married at the Inn on Pamlico Sound in July and we honestly cannot say enough wonderful things about the venue and its staff. We are from Baltimore and planned a destination wedding for 70 guests, which at first seemed like a daunting and overwhelming task, but the staff excels at event planning and made the whole process stress free. Steve provides organized pricing spreadsheets and a list of preferred vendors, which saved me a ton of time- and all of the vendors were top-notch. Natasha helped us to place our guests in rooms at the Inn for the weekend and was super flexible and accommodating. She responds very promptly to emails and kept everything organized even with multiple changes. Gina, our coordinator, was AMAZING! She is professional but easygoing so I never felt pressured or stressed while planning. On the day of, we dealt with some volatile weather but she somehow managed to get our setup done outside at the last minute so we could have a beautiful outdoor ceremony. The food and service from Cafe Pamlico is incredible! (Shout out to Seth and Dallas!) We had a huge variety to choose from and it was above and beyond our expectations. Our guests kept talking all night about how delicious dinner was! Add all of this together with the beautiful scenery and the spacious, beautifully decorated rooms, and we had a truly amazing wedding weekend. Steve promises to exceed your expectations, and the Inn does exactly that. Thank you Inn on Pamlico Sound for giving me the wedding of my dreams!

• Jeremy

Jeremy · Married on 07/03/2018

Quaint. Beautiful. Friendly. Accommodating. Perfect!

We could not have been more pleased with every aspect of our wedding at The Inn on Pamlico Sound. The prices were reasonable, the entire staff was as overly friendly and helpful and accommodating as could be, the food was incredible and the scenery simply could not be beat! We live in the Northeast, so not only did we have to plan and coordinate everything with Gina remotely while not getting to see the place until the day before the rehearsal dinner, but we also had to do everything within 4 months! And we were honesty impressed with how quickly and beautifully they pulled everything off! Gina, the wedding coordinator, was absolutely incredible. She is GREAT at what she does. We simply provided her with ideas of what we wanted, and she produced. . . exceeding our expectations. The entire staff was supremely accommodating to us and our guests - including special accommodations for elderly and slightly disabled guests as well as guests with food allergies. We also had to make some last-minute changes from dining outside to inside, and they pulled everything off with a smile and without a hitch! We'd also like to give a special shout out to a particular staff member, Dallas. While Gina handle all the big stuff, Dallas made sure each and every guest had anything and everything they needed, including striking up engaging conversation and virtually becoming a member of our family! And the SCENERY! And the SUNSET! You simply cannot find a better backdrop for your wedding. Period. It's breathtaking. We could not have imagined getting married anywhere else. If you're looking for a friendly, quaint, supremely accommodating venue for your wedding with unmatched scenery, then Inn on Pamlico Sound is your venue!

Amy · Married on 05/20/2018

I can't say enough about the professionalism, the world class customer service, the perfect vow renewal that all the staff at The Inn on Pamlico Sound made happen for my husband and I this past weekend. It was a phenomenal celebration and the whole event went without a hitch. I could not be more satisfied with the way my vow renewal turned out. They treated my family and I like family. I love this place and will come back for family vacations.

• Erin

Erin · Married on 04/18/2018

My husband and I got married at the Inn this past week and it was absolutely amazing! The venue was stunning, the staff was so friendly, accommodating and helpful, Gina, our event planner, was an absolute lifesaver and made sure everything was perfect for our special day . The Inn is the perfect place for an Island wedding and the room we stayed in was gorgeous. The service and amenities all around were top notch! The Inn will forever hold a special place in our hearts for making our wedding and our stay there more perfect than we ever could have imagined.

We chose the “No Stress Wedding” package the Inn offers and it was fantastic. Was perfect for putting together our smallish (30 guests) wedding especially since we live out of town. Gina knows all the best vendors on the island and was able to help match us with the best vendors for what we wanted for our dream wedding. It truly was the smoothest and most stress free wedding planning we ever could have hoped for!

The Inn on Pamlico Sound 11
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 12
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 13
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 14
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 15
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 16

Susan · Married on 04/14/2018

We booked the Inn on Pamilco Sound about a year prior to the wedding date. The Inn is about 4 hours away from our home so we were a bit nervous but that quickly went away as communication was completely open and any questions or concerns were completely and efficiently addressed through the planning process. We chose the wedding weekend package and when we arrived on Thursday afternoon of the wedding weekend, we were greeted with huge, enthusiasitc smiles from every one of the staff and welcomed as if we were "coming home". After attending to some final details, we literally kicked back and relaxed. We got to know the all of the staff on a first name basis and felt like we had known them all for years. As the mother of the bride, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The rooms were large, comfortable, clean and had a simple southern elegance about them with views of the Pamilico sound that were amazing! And the FOOD! Our wedding guests commented that it was the best food they had EVER had at a wedding!! And guess what? All of this was within the budget we had set from the very beginning with the Event coordinator! I could write a book about so many of the experiences we had over the weekend-ones we will treasure forever. We enjoyed it so much, my husband and I decided to stay an extra night after the wedding! When we left, it was as if we were leaving family but we know we will return to "our" Inn on Pamilco Sound! Thanks to everyone at the Inn, our daughter truly experienced the wedding of her dreams!

Regina · Married on 04/07/2018

We had a perfect dinner after the rehearsal ceremony of my son's wedding. The attention to details and the excellence of the meal made this special event memorable. Highly reccomended.

Lydie · Married on 09/25/2017

We had our wedding here in September during the hurricanes. We ended up moving our ceremony two days ahead to miss the storm and the Inn was great to work with during this hectic time. Everything turned out great and we'd do it all the same way again!

Kara · Married on 05/13/2017

My husband and I chose the Inn to have our wedding dinner as well we stayed there for the weekend of our wedding. We would of had our wedding there but I've always wanted to get married on the beach. The staff was phenomenal and very helpful especially being are dinner party was a little larger than we expected but they were very accommodating and I didn't have to lift a finger. The service was superb, the food was phenomenal and very fresh. All our guests raved about everything and commented how great the food was, the scenery, the setup and the service. I would highly recommend anyone who needs a place to have their wedding with a perfect sunset view or even their wedding dinner and a stay in their fabulous rooms with great views to go here

The Inn on Pamlico Sound 17
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 18
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 19

Caitlin · Married on 04/30/2017

I highly recommend the Inn on Pamlico Sound for anyone searching for a wedding venue in the outer banks. From the moment I put in an inquiry Steve was responsive and helpful in getting us set up. When we changed ceremony options after realizing we'd have a few more guests, they accommodated us without hesitation and we were able to continue with our planning. Gina answered all of my questions and set up a beautiful ceremony as well as reception and dinner room for us.

Every single person we met from the Inn was friendly, helpful, and made us feel at home. The sound views from anywhere are on the property are stunning. The food is amazing - dinner is phenomenal but don't miss out on breakfast either. We truly loved having our special day at the Inn and we can't wait to come back for future stays!

Rhonda · Married on 04/29/2017

My wedding was a dream come true.... I cannot thank Steve and everyone at Pamlico enough... The venue, decorations and food were wonderful... The staff especially Gina took care of everything so I can honestly say I felt no stress at all and was able to enjoy my special day. And for Steve.. well our wedding was the first one after the hurricane that did so much damage to Pamlico but he worked day and night to get the facility ready and that includes the night before but it was ready! We would definitely recommend The Inn on Pamlico.... I’ve been to two other beach wedding and no comparisons.... Thank you Steve and everyone again...

The Inn on Pamlico Sound 20
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 21
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 22
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 23
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 24
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 25

Louis · Married on 10/06/2016

My daughter Sarah's lifetime dream was to have a wedding where family and friends could come together to celebrate her joyous day at a magical location. The Inn on Pamlico Sound was that location.

Expecting 102 guests, for 1 year Sarah worked closely with Steve and his staff covering every detail. The Inn guided Sarah and her husband to be Fred, through the stressful and complicated process making it fun and exciting and focused on every detail to ensure their day went perfect.

As we approached the October 8, 2016 wedding day, the worst possible situation became reality; Hurricane Mathew was bearing down on Cape Hatteras with a direct hit expected on October 8, 2016 putting North Carolina in a State of Emergency.

Instead of panicking, The Inn calmed everyone's fears and we moved the wedding up 3 days to Thursday October 6, 2016.The Inn already had another wedding scheduled for October 6, so they coordinated a new location, which was as amazing as The Inn.

Looking back, what could have been a disaster due to Hurricane Mathew, The Inn made my daughters wedding a incredible memorable magical event. I give Steve and his staff the utmost respect for running a professional business, stayed focused to every detail and put my daughters wedding ahead of their own personal affairs. Every Team member of The Inn on Pamlico Sound went above and beyond what i ever expected.

I would be happy to discuss further why the The Inn on Pamlico Sound should be the choice for your next magical event.

Louis E. Zeppieri
    Cell: 516-660-5682
    Email: louiszeppieri@gmail.com

Suzy · Married on 05/12/2016

Our son and daughter in law's wedding was in May of 2016 in Cape Hatteras and we had our rehearsal dinner at The Inn at Pamlico Sound which was a memorable night for sure. The event planner Gina Williams had every detail just perfect and the view overlooking the sound was beautiful ! The Inn handled having an extra person very flawlessly as we had not counted her in the group. Thank you Gina , Steve and all dining staff who made the evening very special for us!

Challee · Married on 03/26/2016

My wife and I booked The Inn on Pamlico Sound for our wedding ceremony, reception, and catering. From start to finish the planning process with the Inn and their staff was flawless. Their 'working-invoice' process made the extremely daunting task of budget planning so easy and transparent. The property is beautiful and booking a wedding weekend made the whole event private and 100% catered to our needs and desires. Our guests were extremely complimentary of the food and services experienced the whole weekend and day of the wedding.

Everyone at the Inn was extremely professional and down-to-earth. Steve, the owner, made us feel like family right from the beginning. The entire staff had a hand in making our wedding weekend perfect and they exceeded our expectations. Our wedding would not have been possible without their help and guidance. I absolutely recommend booking The Inn on Pamlico Sound for your wedding and reception.

Tess · Married on 05/23/2015

My husband and I recently wed at the Inn and it was an absolutely amazing experience...Truly the wedding of our dreams. The owner Steve told us that he shoots to out do his guests expectations and he did that by leaps and bounds. He was always around to make sure things were going smoothly, guests were happy, and to answer any questions. He runs a beautiful hotel. Will, the Chef at Cafe Pamlico was more than accommodating to all requests, created a diverse menu for over 100 guests for two nights, and turned our favorite foods into delicious fare. Gina the wedding coordinator was tremendous. She exceeded every brides expectation of how a wedding would turn out. She not only made sure everything went according to schedule on 2 separate nights but also decorated and designed a beautiful setting. She was there anytime we needed her and was always willing to help in every situation. The staff (Lynzie, Julia, Dallas, Autumn, Krystal, Rosa, Karen, Sabrina, Jen, Alicia, Crew, Josh, and Danielle) was beyond friendly, put our guests at ease, and saw to their every need. The Inn offered a preferred vendor list from which we selected Daniel Pullen our photographer, and Danny Couch Island Native and owner of Hatteras Tours for wedding party transportation. Daniel and his coworker Kate took beautiful photos while blending in with the crowd. Danny offered safe & reliable transportation to and from the Inn. And the DJ Matt Cooper played a wide selection of music which kept our guests on the dance floor. The views are gorgeous and we could not have asked for anything more. We will definitely be back!

The Inn on Pamlico Sound was an exquisite choice in venue. We opted for the Wedding Weekend package which gave us the flexibility of having the entire venue to ourselves for the weekend. We filled all of the rooms on the grounds easily and everyone raved about how comfortable and luxurious they were. Your room includes breakfast everyday and a fridge stocked with soft beverages and fresh baked goods all day. A huge plus for our nieces and nephews as well as the adults.

The food for the rehearsal and reception was outstanding. The food there is ALWAYS outstanding. We set up in the dining room over looking the sound and had a wonderful atmosphere. The service was impeccable, Ian, our bartender was awesome I'm still getting complements on him.

Jennifer the on-site coordinator kept me on track with planning the entire event. She was in touch with our local vendors and made all of the last minute calls and follow ups so we could focus on traveling down there with ease. She used what little I brought for decor and mixed with their own huge inventory decorated the venue in a laid back beachy OBX style. Perfect!

The whole experience was beyond anything I could have imagined. I was relaxed and able to enjoy the day because of the amazing planning and experienced staff. We vacation in the OBX OFTEN and the Inn is by far the best place we've stayed in/eaten at on the island

Cathy · Married on 03/28/2013

The Inn on Pamlico Sound was the perfect venue for our daughter's " stress free" wedding. Jennifer was our wedding planner and Forrest was our Chef. Jennifer truly took care of our event and Forrest planned our menu. The food was amazing and everyone raved about the food and presentation. The servers were all professional and they all anticipated our every need and desire. It was a beautiful setting and the perfect place for a small intimate wedding.

Kristin · Married on 06/18/2018

My husband and I just had our wedding at the Inn on Pamlico Sound. We booked our wedding last year on our family vacation to the island. Throughout the year, I remained in contact with the coordinator, Gina, who helped make sure everything went smoothly throughout the process of planning a wedding. My wedding was intimate, but still required coordination between multiple vendors and people, which Gina and the staff at the Inn assisted with. Everything went perfectly well, with the entire event being a huge success! The staff were all very friendly and attentive. The sunset views were stunning and the food was tasty. My wedding was just how I imagined it would be, minus the stress I anticipated would come with planning a wedding. I highly recommend the Inn on Pamlico Sound for your wedding, as the venue is beautiful and the staff go above and beyond to make sure your special day is enjoyable for all attending the wedding.

The Inn on Pamlico Sound 26
    The Inn on Pamlico Sound 27

Bristol · Married on 05/14/2016

I cannot say enough good things about the Inn on Pamlico sound and the staff. We recently had our wedding there and could not have picked a better place. The property itself is beautiful and the sound views make for unique and gorgeous pictures. The staff at the Inn were so enthusiastic and helpful and just went above and beyond for the wedding. Gina, the wedding coordinator, had everything running smoothly on the day of the wedding and any little issue that popped up, like a broken bustle, she fixed like it was nothing. Another highlight worth noting about the Inn is the food. The rehearsal dinner and reception dinners were both incredible with lots of fresh seafood. Overall we had a great experience at the Inn and would not change a thing if we had to do it all again!

Kinsey · Married on 08/01/2015

What an incredible wedding weekend we had at the Inn on Pamlico Sound. The working budget was key in planning our wedding, and to allow for little financial stress in our planning process. Steve presented us with a laid-back, down to earth location, that has natural beauty and attention to detail in all aspects of its presentation. The staff are absolutely top of the line overall-Julia, Mandy, Peter, Will, and all of the wait staff were friendly, flexible, and willing to go out of their way to be helpful. Julia, Mandy and Peter even stayed late night to assure that we were content, and taken care of! There were even some unexpected extras that added to a fantastic celebration.It was difficult at times to fully grasp the extent of their wedding coordination services, and also challenging to try and get any of the staff, aside from Will, to work with us far in advance, as we were planning from afar. Our coordination left a little to be desired, as there wasn't anyone at our rehearsal, making our ceremony seating arrangements a bit chaotic. There were unclear guidelines of what was expected from the bride and groom over a few details. Things such as place cards, seating configurations assistance, and any additional decorations were minimal, and a last minute surprise aspect that we had to worry about. The location is peaceful, beautiful, and the amenities are limitless. The wedding weekend is a great way to go, and allows for a feel that you have free run of the property. Food was top of the line! All of our requests were fulfilled, and again the attention to detail in most regards was impeccable! Steve was open, and non-defensive to our feedback, and is genuine about assuring he is pleasing his guests. He runs a top notch facility overall, and is committed to quality assurance measures that make the Inn the best that it can be. We would highly recommend this location for a wedding, and are so pleased to be able to say that we got married at this slice of heaven!

Catherine · Married on 04/23/2017

We got married here in the spring and it couldn’t have been easier. Thanks to the staff for making our day and our whole stay relaxing and fun.

From the start, the Inn on Pamlico Sound set the bar high, our decision to book with them was a no-brainer. We opted for the “No Stress Wedding” package. The view was beautiful and the sunset was amazing during our evening reception.

Over the course a year, we worked with Gina to complete the details of our wedding. We described our needs and she helped us find the best matches for us. Together, we selected an officiant based on our religious beliefs, a musician geared towards our taste in music, flowers/photos to meet our budgetary restrictions, and a menu fit for a King/Queen. But that wasn't it. Since we live in Baltimore, planning the specifics of the day was the challenge that we most feared, yet Gina made this process very easy. She worked with us to discuss centerpieces, decorations, cake preference, name cards, seating arrangements, etc. The process was flawless.

We worked with Executive Chef Will Canny to develop our menu. Being from Baltimore, we were nervous about out-of-state crab cakes. Somehow, he knocked these out of the park, pleasing 40 Baltimore palates. We were expecting the dreaded dry banquet chicken, yet Will stuffed them with a cornbread and pear stuffing that was to die for. The filet mignon was perfectly prepared, pink enough for the "rare eaters" and cooked enough for the "well-doners." Nobody sent their filet back, it melted in my mouth. The ahi tuna was L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y a work of art. It was so beautiful I hesitated to eat it. The portions were great, nobody left hungry.

The Inn on Pamlico Sound has mastered the art of "Customer Service." They were responsive, accommodating, affordable, and most important, transparent. We had no financial surprises, our wedding came in hundreds of dollars less than what was estimated.