The Inn at Grace Farm Reviews

12 | Fairfax, VT

12 Reviews for The Inn at Grace Farm

• Angelique

Angelique · Getting married on 10/28/2028

Amiee was great, very professional. We loved the venue and Inn, everything was perfect. We were extremely grateful for her flexibility with self catering. The Barn is absolutely breath taking, I would definitely recommend The Inn at Grace Farm for any special event.

Sent on 12/23/2017

Amaliya A. · Married on 08/10/2020

Our Perfect Day!

10/10 I could not help but share our experience of the most perfect wedding day thanks to the The Inn at Grace Farms and it’s amazing owners! The views are astounding, the farm grounds are immaculately maintained with the most beautiful flowers and vegetation, and the stone building and circular barn are so incredibly charming. Every aspect of this place is absolutely picturesque lending to so many stunning photo opportunities. This is a destination wedding! We fell in love with this place from the moment we walked the grounds and knew this place was the ONE! It exceeded every expectation and every dream we had for our wedding. A huge thank you to Aimee who is so remarkably thoughtful and went above and beyond to ensure everything was just right for us and offered additional special touches that only added to the elegance, charm and perfection we found all around us at Grace Farms. Highly recommend! We will forever be thankful for our wedding there and for all the amazing photos by Amy Bennett that captured the memories of that blessed day at a place that can only be described as heaven on earth! Words cannot fully express how perfect our experience was. Thank you immensely!

Sent on 08/28/2020
  • Katie

Katie S. · Married on 08/08/2020

Wedding during COVID-19

The venue is absolutely beautiful and Aimee was a pleasure to work with. Getting married during a pandemic definitely added to the already stressful task of planning a wedding, however Aimee didn't miss a beat and was so calm and accommodating. I picked this venue because it has an updated aesthetic that no other inn in Vermont seems to have. From the actual inn and stone house lodging, to the wedding barn, the aesthetic is perfect. The barn itself is SO gorgeous, it made the decor aspect so easy. All of our guests commented on how lovely the venue itself was and the gorgeous views from the property. Aimee was always super responsive and full of ideas and wedding knowledge!

Sent on 09/27/2020
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 09/01/2019

An Unforgettable Vermont Experience

My husband and I were married over Labor Day Weekend at the Inn at Grace Farm, and couldn't have had a better experience. Our families were able to rent the estate (Stone House, Inn, and Tiny House) for the weekend, and the accommodations provided us a beautiful place to mingle and enjoy each other's company. (with beautiful views and grounds as the backdrop!) Logistically, we had ample time for set-up the day before the wedding, and we were able to hold our food truck rehearsal dinner on the grounds as well. Aimee, the venue owner, was delightful to work with. I'm an extremely detail oriented person, and she was gracious, thoughtful, and quick to respond to my countless inquiries/questions over the course of the year as we planned our wedding. (even allowing us to visit multiple times for walk-throughs, measurements, etc before the date) Our wedding day was so perfect, it almost felt like a dream. The barn was the perfect size for our 82 guests, and the views were breathtaking. We had multiple guests and vendors tell us that our wedding gave them chills (in a good way!), and that it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever witnessed. Our families have already teased the idea of returning to the Inn for a reunion next year because we had such a wonderful time. I can't thank Aimee and her family enough - they own a truly magical property.

Sent on 09/27/2019
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 06/29/2019

A Magical place for a Wedding Weekend!

My partner Alex and I were married at the Inn at Grace Farm on June 29, 2019. We rented the entire inn for the long weekend (Friday-Monday) for our immediate family and bridal party members. We were able to extend our time together with one another and made memories that will last a lifetime. The inn itself is beautifully crafted and our guests kept raving about the space and the grounds. The rooms are large and well-designed. We were married outside and had our reception inside and it was the perfect size for our party size (95 guests). I can honestly say it was everything we wanted and more for our wedding!

Aimee, the owner was incredibly friendly, helpful and responsive. She made sure we had everything we needed and I could see how much she truly cared about us and our experience at the inn. We were a little worried about rain for our weekend but the weather was perfect for our wedding! The overcast clouds over the mountains in the afternoon of our wedding made for epic photos and cool weather. We only had a tiny bit of rain at the end of our reception which was actually perfect and made for a fun exit! It was such a beautiful venue and it felt like our own private little slice of Vermont. I HIGHLY recommend the Inn at Grace Farm!

Sent on 07/04/2019

The Inn at Grace Farm's reply:

This is such a rewarding review. Thank you for sharing your details for others to envision their own day and your kind words for our efforts. Being in the business of love is fulfilling. I love your story of Alex from Toronto, and you from North Carolina choosing Vermont as a meet in the middle destination wedding. Best wishes in your new journey together!

Nicole D. · Married on 10/20/2018

Flawless experience/stunning barn

My husband and I had an October wedding at Grace Farm and we could not have been more satisfied. The round barn in stunning with views from the inside of My Mansfield. Everything is so well kept including the flowers/garden, bathrooms, bar, beautiful wooden tables and chairs, a gorgeous wood fireplace. The outdoor space is perfect with Mansfield in the background for the ceremony. Plenty of room for large tents too. The stone house and the inn to the right of it are connected and we rented out both for our families. It was perfect that we could have everything there the whole weekend- the rehearsal and dinner, ceremony, reception...we didn't even go off property for photos because everywhere you look is a gorgeous backdrop. Our guests were so impressed with every bit and our families absolutely loved staying there. I can't tell you how many guests gave compliments on the barn and the whole property. Aimee made everything so simple. She was so accommodating, helpful and super easy to work with. When the weekend of the wedding came, I had nothing to worry about. I never felt overwhelmed and if I forgot something, she had it. Thank you Chad and Aimee for the perfect wedding weekend!

Sent on 06/14/2020

Amy · Married on 08/11/2018

Aimee and Chad were so helpful through the entire process. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and it was so nice to have the flexibility of being able to set up ourselves and choose our own caterer. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Kate · Married on 10/08/2017

PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT! We owe Aimee Fellows, the owner, more than we can ever even give. She graciously bent the rules and let us have our wedding here even though they already had a wedding booked for the day before. (they typically only do one wedding a weekend..which i find to be so refreshing...its not just a wedding factory). We had an emergency situation where we had to find a new venue with just 3 months to go, and Aimee responded quickly and like a knight in shining armor. The stress of having to pull from our original venue was so worth it!!! it was a blessing in disguise because it led us to the inn at grace farm which was just STUNNING and perfect in every way! 1,000% better than our original venue choice. it was a perfect location. The mountains and the views are incredible..photos dont do it justice. The barn is beautiful, the inn is charming and quaint... perfectly vermont.

Sent on 10/13/2017

Caitlin · Married on 09/30/2017

Having our wedding at the Inn at Grace Farm was one of the best decisions we have made as couple! Our wedding date was 9/30/17. The location is beautiful, the October Barn was the perfect venue for our size wedding (about 60 guests), and Aimee was helpful the entire weekend. Although we didn't have that much extra time, we were able to venture to the Foothills Bakery in Fairfax, recommended by Aimee, and we were not disappointed! We only wish that we could have spent another week at the Inn. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, and we loved having a kitchen and living area where we could gather with our family and bridal party for the entire weekend. We definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking for a quintessential Vermont wedding. I hope the pictures I've attached do the venue justice! (All photos taken by Zack Griswold, http://www.zackgriswold.com/portfolio/)

Sent on 12/29/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/07/2016

I absolutely loved this venue and the owners! We had the most magical day here, with incredible views of mount mansfield, beautiful rainbows across the mountains and fields. The field has an amazing background of evergreens so it will never look bare, even in late fall and early spring! owners are so accommodating, and the price for this venue is extremely reasonable. Loved being here and working with them. Definitely Recommend.

Sent on 06/12/2016
  • Ashley

Ashley C. · Getting married on 05/08/2022

Pandemic/Covid 19

I am truly heartbroken to have to write this review. My fiancé and I booked this venue in March of 2019 for our Summer 2020 wedding- at which time a deposit of half ($3200) was paid. Then, of course, COVID19 hit. Aimee (the owner) was very reassuring that we would be able to postpone our date if we needed to. Today before the rest of our total was due for our August 29th wedding we received extreme concern from our other vendors about the safety of moving forward with our wedding. As of now weddings in Vermont our discouraged by the State and not allowing gatherings larger than 10. We also have 90% of our guests coming from out of state.

Upon calling Aimee today we were informed we can only reschedule for a Friday or Sunday instead of the Saturday we originally had booked. This is not something that was ever mentioned previously. We were informed she is keeping Saturday's open for NEW bookings only in 2021. You can decide for yourself whether this was a fair compensation from a woman who has had $3,200 of our money without providing a single service. However, I found this completely appalling and what's worse is she will now not refund any of our money. Current paying customers, in my opinion, should take precedence over potential future customers.

I understand this is unprecedented times but believe me when I say this is my ONLY vendor that has not been accommodating.

Just beware before paying out your hard earned money to this venue because you are nothing more than a transaction.

Sent on 05/29/2020

The Inn at Grace Farm's reply:

I am so sorry your wedding vision has been disrupted. We have been working with all our couples and vendors who have need whether by government mandate, or just concern. No one needs a good reason to put 2020 behind.
    As you know, our unique venue hosts one wedding per weekend so our couples can enjoy the entire estate with lodging. We would sincerely like to move all 2020 couples to new 2021 Saturdays. Our industry has been devastated by the results of Covid19 and our small business is no exception. We just can't block new revenue for next year and survive.
    We are fortunate to be a year round venue and have Saturdays November - May in our heated barn. Additionally, we have prime summer and fall 2021 dates on a soft hold for couples that can share a weekend and still enjoy a 2 night estate stay. (Friday/Sunday). If you would like to reconsider these alternatives, all payments will be applied to your transferred date.
  • Cheryl

Cheryl B. · Married on 01/09/2021

BEWARE This contract is written so she keeps all of your $$ No matter what

We entered into a contract with Grace Farm in March of 2019 for a wedding on August 29 2020. We paid $3200 down payment on the Barn Venue and the Inn on property. Our remaining balance was due 90 days prior to our wedding date and we decided because of Covid 19 and the information we gathered from the Vt health website ( weddings were being discouraged and officiants are asked to cancel their services. People from out of state have to quarrantine for 2 weeks when coming to VT fromn out of state and the couple getting married are the only residents of VT. All guest will be coming from out of state.) to postpone the wedding until next summer. At which time I was informed by the owner Aimee Fellows that they were only booking 2020 brides for next summer on Fridays or Sundays so she could keep future Saturday prime wedding dates for Future couples so they wouldn't lose $$. Her exact words were you can't expect me to take the loss when I can book Friday and Sunday weddings and still make Money for next summer.Yes we signed a contract but this is a global pandemic and every other vendor we had hired offered to rebook for our Saturday Weddding next summer or give us a 100% refund if they didn't have our date available and we signed contracts with them too, non refundable deposits etc.but they were understanding and amicable. Aimee was not. As part of her 12 page contact, she states IF she rebooks a comparable wedding $$ on the date we cancelled she would return all but $250 of our deposit. However she is now offering 1/2 price to future brides booking this summer so there is no way she will make the same $$ as any other cancelled wedding guaranteeing she won't have to return our $$. We also learned that all the other barn venues we contacted 6 others in Vt only charged $500. no refundable deposit no matter how far away your booking was. That I could have accepted losing $500 would have been fair in my opinion. Part of our downpayment was booking the Inn on property and she won't refund that either. Couples that are dissatisfied ahould contact the VT Attorney genral https://ago.vermont.gov/

Sent on 06/16/2020

The Inn at Grace Farm's reply:

I am so sorry your wedding vision has been disrupted. We have been working with all our couples and vendors who have need whether by government mandate, or just concern. (The quarantine status was in place 3 months prior to your date). However, no one needs a good reason to put 2020 behind.