The Imperia Reviews

1 User photo

• Chui

Chui · Married on 09/21/2019

Great value and service

Working with Arlene and the Imperia was a fantastic experience. They were very accommodating with us from helping us secure the gazebo with tables and chairs for our tea ceremony to lending an open room for the groom to get ready in (which was nicer than the hotel room I booked!) to other requests I’ve probably forgot about by now. The Majestica is a beautiful room with fresh flower centerpieces included and flowers in the outside ceremony as well so you don’t have to spend extra on decorations. The food was great, not to mention the incredible amount and variety of desserts served at the end. They even packed boxes for us to take home. One thing I didn’t notice when visiting the venue was how beautiful the outdoor area looks at night - don’t forget to take advantage of it. We could not have been more pleased with choosing this venue.

Sent on 12/30/2019
  • Orquidea

Orquidea · Married on 09/07/2019

Excellent customer service. Dominirose is the Best.

Everyone at The Imperia were super professional and friendly specially Dominirose. Dominirose makes sure that my day was special to me and my guest from the moment I walked in the doors to the end of the party. Dominirose is the best, I will recommend her 100%. She knows how to make you feel special and calm your nerves. I would definitely book this place again.

Sent on 09/18/2019

Tram Brunal · Married on 05/18/2019

Mrs Tram Brunal

We had our wedding at the Imperia on
    May 18, 2019. We couldn’t be happier, everything thing was done and handled to perfection from beginning to end. A big big thank you to Phil Mercado, he always answered our questions, calmed our fears and guided us thru our special day.
    Thanks again to the entire team for everything you did for us.
    Jonathan & Tram Brunal

Sent on 05/22/2019

The Imperia's reply:

Hi,
    Thanks for your kind words. I did share this with the Team.
    Please let me know if you ever need anything else.
    Have a great weekend.
    Phil
  • lamis

lamis · Married on 03/17/2019

Phenomenal experience

Phenomenal experience, our guest still talk about the venue and food. Thank you for making my dream day amazing

Sent on 12/22/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 07/20/2018

The Imperia is the place to be! Maria, sold this place by her caring nature. If you're looking for an amazing place, that is budget friendly, then this is the place for you!

Sent on 08/18/2017

Tina · Married on 11/22/2017

My husband and I just had our wedding reception at the Imperia on 11/22 and have amazing memories of a perfect night! Throughout our planning process Arlene was accommodating and very pleasant. She answered all of my e-mails (and there were many) very promptly and ensured everything ran smoothly on the day of. Our wedding went till 1 am (into Thanksgiving) and the staff was so pleasant throughout. Many of the staff members even joined us in partying at the end of the night which my family loved. If you are looking for a beautiful venue, with a pleasant staff and organized event manager, Imperia is the place to go!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Amy · Married on 09/09/2017

We had our wedding at the Imperia on 9/9/2017 in the Majestica Ballroom with the ceremony on the patio. We can’t say enough great things about the venue, the staff, the food, etc. Everything was perfect. We worked with Phil from the beginning and he was always so nice and helpful. Arlene was very helpful as we wrapped up all the details for the wedding. She was so detail oriented, thinking of little things we hadn’t even thought of. We were worried because we had a significant amount of decorations, additions to centerpieces, etc, and we weren’t sure if they would be able to set everything up themselves. They not only did a beautiful job setting everything up exactly as we requested but as the night went on and, for example, the place card table was removed, they repurposed our decorations and used them for the Viennese table and other areas that we hadn’t thought of. Maureen was our Maître D and she was so nice, extremely helpful, and on top of everything! The food was amazing! As the bride and groom unfortunately we didn’t eat much but we made sure to get the mashed potato bar at the cocktail hour and it was outstanding! The dinner was so good and they even wrapped up the rest of our dinner so we were able to enjoy it the next day. The Viennese table was a huge hit! The room was filled with cookies, pastries, chocolate fondue, churros, an ice cream bar, everything you can think of, and our family and friends raved about how great it was! Since the wedding, we’ve received so many compliments on the outstanding food, how beautiful the ceremony and reception were, and the excellent staff. We can’t say enough great things about the Imperia, they made our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Felicita · Married on 07/01/2017

You helped make my daughter's day super special. Beautiful day! Guests raved about how amazing the wedding was.
    Thanks to you and your staff!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Alyssa · Married on 02/18/2017

This venue is the best o can't say how great the staff is and how beautiful the grounds are. We had our wedding a couple weeks ago and I'm still on such a high. Our staff the night of didn't let us sweat or do a thing! The people leading up to the day with Phil and Maria were so carefree and enjoyable to work with! They worked around all of our requests and made sure the night went off without a hitch. I would highly recommend this place, its beautiful! Thank you all who helped!

Sent on 03/04/2017

Roxy · Married on 02/17/2017

I visited The Imperia as a potential venue for my daughter’s Sweet Sixteen Party. When my daughter and I arrived to tour the facility, we were greeted warmly by a very professional woman named Arlene; she is the Director of Catering. She showed us all the different room decors and linens to choose from, and then sat with us to explain in detail the various party options available. She answered all of our questions and provided suggestions as to what she thought would work best for the theme of the party we were planning.
    As the date of the party grew closer, I stopped in to the Imperia several times to check on things. Arlene was always very helpful and courteous. If Arlene was not available, her associate, Jorge, stepped in to answer all of my questions and go over things to be sure that all of my needs were met.
    The night of the party, Maureen was assigned to serve as my right hand. She was wonderful and proficient. Maureen made sure that everything ran smoothly, from the candle lighting ceremony to the cutting of the cake. The entire staff was wonderful, and the food was delicious.
    Anyone with a teenager knows how particular she can be when it comes to something as special as her Sweet Sixteen celebration. I’m happy to say that everyone at The Imperia made sure that my daughter was treated like a princess and that everyone had a great, memorable time.

Sent on 03/02/2017

Samantha · Married on 11/12/2016

We got married on November 12, 2016. My wife and I were brown away by everything the Imperia did for us. We worked with Arlene from the start and she helped make our day extremely special and memorable. The food, the decorations, and the service were all impeccable. The bridal suite was beautiful and Maureen and Angela took extremely special care of us to ensure that we had everything we needed. All of our guests had an amazing time and were raving about the food and service, especially the Viennese Table. We definitely recommend the Imperia for all those who are looking for a venue to have their reception in!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Hillary · Married on 11/05/2016

THE BEST WEDDING I HAVE EVER BEEN TO. and I'm not just saying it because it was my own! First of all, Arlene was AMAZING. Every stupid question and request was fielded with no problem. Also, I was having a bit of trouble with some of my vendors and she gave them a swift kick in the butt. She was super on point with every aspect of the wedding from flowers to food to ambiance and, if it wasn't perfect, she made it perfect. Not only that but she spent her saturday night at my wedding to make sure it went smoothly, can't get better than that!
    Brenda (my matre'd) Was amazing. She did everything from assisting in the cake cutting to fixing the bustle on my dress when it broke. We were new at this whole wedding day thing and she took us through the whole day without one single glitch.
    Last, the venue is AMAZING. We had our wedding in the begining of November in the second floor room, which provided an optional outdoor space for cocktail hour (of course you could have it inside as well if requested). We were worried about the weather. But, fear not, the Imerpia assured us that, if the weather was bad, they would move the whole thing inside no problem. Luckily the cold weather held off for my day and we had a beutiful night for an outdoor cocktail hour. Even so, there were heaters and fire pits everywhere for my guests to keep warm if they were feeling a bit chilly. AND THE FOOD WAS ENDLESS. we did our tasting a few weeks before and they brought out a TON of apps I would have never thought in my wildest dreams would be part of my wedding. Even after we picked our menu, they STILL added a bunch of apps and cocktail food to the menu. Seriously, from chicken and waffles to mini sliders and ravioli, the foor just kept coming. My guests couldn't believe this was a wedding. There were so many different choices I had quite a few people come up to me and ask "Is this dinner?"
    5 stars, i want to get married here over and over again.

Sent on 12/08/2016
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 08/26/2016

We had our wedding a few weeks ago at the Imperia! I can't say enough about how wonderful they were! The venue is absolutely beautiful! We used the Majestica patio for the ceremony and the ballroom for the reception. Everything was perfect from beginning to end! We knew as soon as we saw the Imperia that this was where we were going to get married! Arlene was so amazing throughout the planning process she is so easy to talk to made us feel comfortable every step of the way! Brenda was our Maitre D, she was amazing as well! We met her at our food tasting and I knew I wanted her to be with us at our wedding! She did a fabulous job! She was so much fun and she helped calm me down when I needed it (and I definitely needed it!) we also had Margaret as our bridal attendant who was so sweet and always there whenever we needed her! She anticipated my needs and made sure everything was perfect for us! My friends and family couldn't say enough to about the service from waiters, waitresses and bartenders especially Rosa and Mike! I wish I could remember everyone's names because everyone was great! I highly recommend the Imperia!!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Larissa · Married on 07/30/2016

We worked with Arlene to plan our reception. She was attentive, helpful, and did not push us to upgrade anything that we were not interested in. Arlene and the staff of the Imperia were very accommodating when our first look and wedding party photos were rained out. They allowed us to take our pictures in the stunning front entrance around the wedding that was scheduled at that time. They even brought champagne in to help keep the bridesmaids and bride busy and calm. During the cocktail hour we relaxed in the bridal suit and had a super sweet server. She brought us in champagne and ALL of the different types of food from the cocktail hour. The food was absolutely amazing and our friends and family are still talking about how delicious everything was and how much food there was!

Sent on 08/13/2016

Lindsey · Married on 07/22/2016

My husband and I got married at the Imperia on 7/22/2016. The staff at the Imperia are so accommodating and go above and beyond in making sure you have the wedding of your dreams. Arlene was awesome and was very flexible when it came to changing the menu and adding certain things to our cocktail hour and reception to make our wedding fun and unique. Brenda helped us out the day of our wedding to make sure everything went smoothly. She was so nice and catered to not only me and my husband but to my entire wedding party. Brenda also helped me when I was having a foot cramp which says a lot lol. I highly recommend the Imperia to any couple who want a fantastic wedding.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Douglas · Married on 07/02/2016

We worked with Stacy for our wedding on 7/2/2016. From start to finish, she was very helpful with getting everything organized and set up. Stacy did not try to force any upgrades on us and was very up front with pricing and what was included in the different packages. The staff was very professional and the food was great. Brenda was our maitre'd and she kept thing running like a well oiled machine bit also was able to keep things light as she saw that we were bother a little nervous before the ceremony. Our guests all raved about how nice everything was at The Imperia. Thanks again to Stacy and her staff!

Doug & Dina

Sent on 08/15/2016

Dealing with the Imperia will be the easiest part of your wedding planning. Their flexibility and willingness to do whatever it takes in order to make things the way my fiance and I want- top of the line customer service. We found this venue by mistake and it is the best mistake to happen to us. We aare having about 160 people and are are utilizing the downstairs ballroom. The extensive food list allows great variety at no extra/ hidden costs.

Sent on 11/08/2015
  • I

Ishanie · Married on 08/30/2015

BEST WEDDING VENUE IN NJ!!! My husband and I had a hard time deciding on a venue we both liked for our wedding but when we saw the Imperia and met Arlene...we booked everything that same day. Arlene was amazing and instrumental in everything throughout our planning to the day of our wedding 8/30/2015. The Imperia has different sized rooms and halls for every type of event. We wanted to have our entire wedding centralized and the Imperia did it all, perfectly. Our ceremony was done outside on their patio, our cocktail hour was done in their Regalia room and our reception was done in their Majestica room. Everything was expertly coordinated, from the food to the décor. Their garden with the gazebo was perfect for pictures as well. Even the bridal suite was great...it was spacious and comfortable. Our wedding guests are still praising us on how beautiful and well prepared everything was. Arlene is the best!!! Highly recommended venue and will definitely use them again!!!

Ishanie and Douglas.

Sent on 09/07/2015

Deborah · Married on 07/11/2015

The Imperia did a wonderful job on our wedding! We loved every minute of it! After our sales person, Gina, left without notice, Arlene took over and made sure that we felt 100% secure that the wedding would go off without a hitch. She did an amazing job coordinating all of our decorations, and providing excellent customer service whenever we contacted her. We had some problems with our contract due to Gina's negligence, but Arlene was able to honor everything that was originally agreed upon, and we could not be happier. The venue was gorgeous, and Vito, their lighting guy did a marvelous job decorating with the up-lighting. Brenda, our maitre'd for the night made sure that we got our food, and that we had everything that we needed. She took good care of one of my bridesmaids who fainted due to the heat during the ceremony (unbeknownst to me at the time), and everyone had nothing but good things to say about the quality of service! The only complaint I have is that I did not get a chance to eat my wedding cake, besides the bite we got from cutting the cake - but I will wait and have it on our 1 year anniversary! :) Thank you Arlene, Brenda, and the rest of the team for making our night all the more special! Ps: shout out to our bridal suite attendant (I forgot her name) - she was awesome and always on point with snacks and drinks, and help with my dress!!!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Allison · Married on 06/13/2015

I cannot say enough good things about the Imperia! I couldn't imagine my wedding at any other venue. Arlene, specifically, was absolutely wonderful to work with. She always responded right away, and gave me a wedding that was above and beyond my dreams! We received endless compliments on how delicious the food was and I even had multiple people tell me it was the best wedding they've been too! I can't thank Arlene and the entire staff at The Imperia enough for providing us with a reception of a lifetime!!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Monique · Married on 06/12/2015

We held our wedding reception at The Imperia in Somerset, NJ on June 12, 2015 and the experience was, as they put it on their slogan "SIMPLY EXTRAORDINARY". I was very happy we got to work with ARLENE ASTACIO, the director of Catering. You can never go wrong with her. She makes sure all your questions are answered and even suggests when needed. I admit I am one picky bride and asks a lot of questions, but that didn't stop Arlene from giving me answers! She would often say it's because couples spend money for this biggest day of their life, and that's a good sign for us. All my life I was hoping for a great fairytale wedding and Imperia was heaven sent as they did their best to make it one fabulous wedding! My guests kept complimenting how they love the place, the decors, and the food--especially the food!!! Thank you so much to all the staff of The Imperia. We will forever treasure this experience.

Love,
    Randolph & Monique ❤️

Sent on 07/01/2015

Ana · Married on 05/23/2015

My husband and I love the Imperia. We were married at the Majestica Patio during the day. It was perfect. The sun was shining and the flowers on the patio were so colorful. It was the perfect garden wedding. Samantha, our coordinator with the Imperia, was amazing. She answered all the questions and was so flexible during the hectic week before the wedding. We got so many compliments on how great the venue was and how delicious the food was. We highly recommend it.

Sent on 06/05/2015

Raj and Kinnari · Married on 05/03/2015

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Imperia recently. Arlene and her team did an excellent job to make sure everything went smoothly. We received a number of compliments about the venue and service. We would definitely recommend the Imperia.to others for their wedding events.

Sent on 05/18/2015

lindsey · Married on 03/28/2015

My husband and I were very happy that we decided to go with The Imperia for our wedding venue. The Imperia did an amazing job with our wedding and we would recommend their services to futures couples who are looking for the perfect wedding venue! Team members such a Brenda, Daisy, and Arlene, (and many more) were all wonderful and really met my needs as a bride. I couldn't have asked for a better team of people!!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Laurice · Married on 01/17/2015

Beautiful wedding venue and great food! Arlene Astacio took care of us and helped us plan our special day. She did an amazing job making sure we got exactly what we wanted and more. The staff did a great job serving our guests. The next day we received so many great compliments from our friends and family on how everything turned out beautifully. Thank you to Arlene and the rest of the Imperia staff.

Sent on 01/19/2015