101 Reviews for The Imperia

Chair Covers (2)
Decor (2)
Buffet (1)
Aisle Runners (1)

The Imperia is the place to be! Maria, sold this place by her caring nature. If you're looking for an amazing place, that is budget friendly, then this is the place for you!

Profile Picture Lauren , 7/20/18, 3 Reviews
4.2

Beautiful place! Foods are excellent, and my guests are happy with the service

Profile Picture Farah, 6/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Tables, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Cake, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Set Up
2.2

Recently, we held a wedding reception at the Imperia Banquet Hall on Easton Avenue owned by Rukh Development. The service was the poorest that we have ever experienced. Key shortcomings were as follows:
1.The bar tenders were extremely slow and not well trained in preparing drinks resulting in long lines. As a result, many guests did not get to have a drink during the appetizer phase. The number of bar tenders were just too few for the number of guests.
2.The servers for butler-pass dishes were not well trained in how the dishes should be passed around. Also, they were too few to serve the number of guests. Midway, the management pulled some for the servers to clear the used dishes. Many guests did not get the many dishes to teste.
3.For table layout for each guest, the cutlery laid out comprised of a dessert size fork and a teaspoon only. A knife, dinner size fork and a table spoon were missing. Many guests could not cut meat. Furthermore, it was virtually impossible to separate out meat from the bones in the goat-masala dish. Many of our guest were not able to consume the meats because they could not cut it or separate it out from the bones using the fork only. Many of the guests, particularly the non-Indians, simply refrained for taking the meat based dishes for the above reasons.
If you are planning to hold a function at the Imperia or paying to participate in a Holiday party, think twice because you will regret it as the management is stone deaf in dealing with any complains.

Profile Picture Shangar, 9/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at the Imperia on 9/9/2017 in the Majestica Ballroom with the ceremony on the patio. We can’t say enough great things about the venue, the staff, the food, etc. Everything was perfect. We worked with Phil from the beginning and he was always so nice and helpful. Arlene was very helpful as we wrapped up all the details for the wedding. She was so detail oriented, thinking of little things we hadn’t even thought of. We were worried because we had a significant amount of decorations, additions to centerpieces, etc, and we weren’t sure if they would be able to set everything up themselves. They not only did a beautiful job setting everything up exactly as we requested but as the night went on and, for example, the place card table was removed, they repurposed our decorations and used them for the Viennese table and other areas that we hadn’t thought of. Maureen was our Maître D and she was so nice, extremely helpful, and on top of everything! The food was amazing! As the bride and groom unfortunately we didn’t eat much but we made sure to get the mashed potato bar at the cocktail hour and it was outstanding! The dinner was so good and they even wrapped up the rest of our dinner so we were able to enjoy it the next day. The Viennese table was a huge hit! The room was filled with cookies, pastries, chocolate fondue, churros, an ice cream bar, everything you can think of, and our family and friends raved about how great it was! Since the wedding, we’ve received so many compliments on the outstanding food, how beautiful the ceremony and reception were, and the excellent staff. We can’t say enough great things about the Imperia, they made our wedding day perfect!

Profile Picture Amy, 9/9/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Shuttle, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Chocolate Fountain, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

You helped make my daughter's day super special. Beautiful day! Guests raved about how amazing the wedding was.
Thanks to you and your staff!

Profile Picture Felicita, 7/1/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Parking, Valet, Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Aisle Runners, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lighting, Tables

Booking my wedding at the Imperia has been the easiest decision that I have made in planning so far. They staff has been amazing and Stacey has been there to answer any questions that I have had. They have been extremely attentive and helpful with the planning process.

Profile Picture Ashley , 5/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Parking, Shuttle, Valet, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Set Up

This venue is the best o can't say how great the staff is and how beautiful the grounds are. We had our wedding a couple weeks ago and I'm still on such a high. Our staff the night of didn't let us sweat or do a thing! The people leading up to the day with Phil and Maria were so carefree and enjoyable to work with! They worked around all of our requests and made sure the night went off without a hitch. I would highly recommend this place, its beautiful! Thank you all who helped!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 2/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I visited The Imperia as a potential venue for my daughter’s Sweet Sixteen Party. When my daughter and I arrived to tour the facility, we were greeted warmly by a very professional woman named Arlene; she is the Director of Catering. She showed us all the different room decors and linens to choose from, and then sat with us to explain in detail the various party options available. She answered all of our questions and provided suggestions as to what she thought would work best for the theme of the party we were planning.
As the date of the party grew closer, I stopped in to the Imperia several times to check on things. Arlene was always very helpful and courteous. If Arlene was not available, her associate, Jorge, stepped in to answer all of my questions and go over things to be sure that all of my needs were met.
The night of the party, Maureen was assigned to serve as my right hand. She was wonderful and proficient. Maureen made sure that everything ran smoothly, from the candle lighting ceremony to the cutting of the cake. The entire staff was wonderful, and the food was delicious.
Anyone with a teenager knows how particular she can be when it comes to something as special as her Sweet Sixteen celebration. I’m happy to say that everyone at The Imperia made sure that my daughter was treated like a princess and that everyone had a great, memorable time.

Profile Picture Roxy, 2/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married on November 12, 2016. My wife and I were brown away by everything the Imperia did for us. We worked with Arlene from the start and she helped make our day extremely special and memorable. The food, the decorations, and the service were all impeccable. The bridal suite was beautiful and Maureen and Angela took extremely special care of us to ensure that we had everything we needed. All of our guests had an amazing time and were raving about the food and service, especially the Viennese Table. We definitely recommend the Imperia for all those who are looking for a venue to have their reception in!

Profile Picture Samantha, 11/12/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Barware, China, Chocolate Fountain, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, French Service, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables

THE BEST WEDDING I HAVE EVER BEEN TO. and I'm not just saying it because it was my own! First of all, Arlene was AMAZING. Every stupid question and request was fielded with no problem. Also, I was having a bit of trouble with some of my vendors and she gave them a swift kick in the butt. She was super on point with every aspect of the wedding from flowers to food to ambiance and, if it wasn't perfect, she made it perfect. Not only that but she spent her saturday night at my wedding to make sure it went smoothly, can't get better than that!
Brenda (my matre'd) Was amazing. She did everything from assisting in the cake cutting to fixing the bustle on my dress when it broke. We were new at this whole wedding day thing and she took us through the whole day without one single glitch.
Last, the venue is AMAZING. We had our wedding in the begining of November in the second floor room, which provided an optional outdoor space for cocktail hour (of course you could have it inside as well if requested). We were worried about the weather. But, fear not, the Imerpia assured us that, if the weather was bad, they would move the whole thing inside no problem. Luckily the cold weather held off for my day and we had a beutiful night for an outdoor cocktail hour. Even so, there were heaters and fire pits everywhere for my guests to keep warm if they were feeling a bit chilly. AND THE FOOD WAS ENDLESS. we did our tasting a few weeks before and they brought out a TON of apps I would have never thought in my wildest dreams would be part of my wedding. Even after we picked our menu, they STILL added a bunch of apps and cocktail food to the menu. Seriously, from chicken and waffles to mini sliders and ravioli, the foor just kept coming. My guests couldn't believe this was a wedding. There were so many different choices I had quite a few people come up to me and ask "Is this dinner?"
5 stars, i want to get married here over and over again.

Profile Picture Hillary, 11/5/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access
2.4

My wedding coordinator quit the Imperia 2 weeks prior to the wedding. We needed to work with 2 fill ins to make sure everything we were promised by Stacy would be fulfilled. This caused extra meetings, phone calls and emails. She was persistent to get us to sign the contract while we looked at other vendors, I liked this most of all since she seemed eager to work with us. I did not expect to get a phone call one day letting us know she was ditching and 2 others will work with us. I received info from 1 person which conflicted the info I received from the other. This is frustrating while trying to make sure everything is tying together at the final stretch of preparation. The day of the wedding, it was rainy, I was waiting on the last minute call to tell me wether we would be able to have cocktails outside, which never came. I called them from the church just before the ceremony to find out and was met with an almost 'why are you calling me?' reaction. Afterward, things we brought for the wedding went missing or were placed in wrong spots and I had to go around and fix them because the matre d was confused. The childrens' table items were not placed on their table for them but spread out around the room. The bridal attendant that was assigned to me was basically mute and missing most of the night. The only time I saw her was while clearing our food and drinks away before we were able to eat or drink any of it. The other staff seemed to be friendly and responsive. We did get other guests letting us know they also lost some of their meals due to things being taken so quickly. The food seemed good and the venetian hour was the best part except the guests were not served any wedding cake as discussed. It was cut up and placed in a corner of the dessert room. The custom cake topper was packed into a box too small for it by the bridal attendant and crushed. I emailed looking for my missing items and to notify them of the couple of issues we had never heard from them again

Profile Picture kristin, 10/2/16, 8 Reviews
2.5

We booked with Stacy a year before our wedding. A month before our wedding, Stacy left the Imperia for another job and we were devastated. Everything was put into the hands of Phil. Phil was insincere and inattentive. For weeks, we couldn't even get in touch with him so we had to finalize a lot of details with his assistant Kim. The day of, he was obnoxious and acted as if he had better things to do. The day we first toured the Imperia with Stacy, she had shown us on her company Ipad the colors that were available for uplighting. We were even given an Imperia brochure that showed their outside gazebo lit up purple (one of our wedding colors). Since we were the first to book an event for that date, we had it put in our file to have purple uplighting all around the outside of the building for our ceremony and pictures, and in our reception room. It had been finalized by Stacy, Kim, and Phil. So you can imagine our disappointment when the outside was lit up blue. Before taking our pictures, I asked our bridal attendant to bring the issue to Phil's attention. His exact response to her was that there was nothing he could do and that they didn't offer purple uplighting, they only had blue and red. Our reception room, the Majestica, was illuminated in purple uplighting mixing the blue and red lights. Phil treated this as a non issue meanwhile it was inability to follow through with what was finalized. Also whoever was in charge of breaking down our ceremony space left an important part of our ceremony unattended outside till our MOH found it. Our bridal attendant and maitre'd were excellent. The servers and bar staff were uncouth and unprofessional. All the table linens were wrinkled and sloppy. Things would have been different if Stacy didnt leave.

Profile Picture April, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding a few weeks ago at the Imperia! I can't say enough about how wonderful they were! The venue is absolutely beautiful! We used the Majestica patio for the ceremony and the ballroom for the reception. Everything was perfect from beginning to end! We knew as soon as we saw the Imperia that this was where we were going to get married! Arlene was so amazing throughout the planning process she is so easy to talk to made us feel comfortable every step of the way! Brenda was our Maitre D, she was amazing as well! We met her at our food tasting and I knew I wanted her to be with us at our wedding! She did a fabulous job! She was so much fun and she helped calm me down when I needed it (and I definitely needed it!) we also had Margaret as our bridal attendant who was so sweet and always there whenever we needed her! She anticipated my needs and made sure everything was perfect for us! My friends and family couldn't say enough to about the service from waiters, waitresses and bartenders especially Rosa and Mike! I wish I could remember everyone's names because everyone was great! I highly recommend the Imperia!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/26/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We worked with Arlene to plan our reception. She was attentive, helpful, and did not push us to upgrade anything that we were not interested in. Arlene and the staff of the Imperia were very accommodating when our first look and wedding party photos were rained out. They allowed us to take our pictures in the stunning front entrance around the wedding that was scheduled at that time. They even brought champagne in to help keep the bridesmaids and bride busy and calm. During the cocktail hour we relaxed in the bridal suit and had a super sweet server. She brought us in champagne and ALL of the different types of food from the cocktail hour. The food was absolutely amazing and our friends and family are still talking about how delicious everything was and how much food there was!

Profile Picture Larissa, 7/30/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Set Up

My husband and I got married at the Imperia on 7/22/2016. The staff at the Imperia are so accommodating and go above and beyond in making sure you have the wedding of your dreams. Arlene was awesome and was very flexible when it came to changing the menu and adding certain things to our cocktail hour and reception to make our wedding fun and unique. Brenda helped us out the day of our wedding to make sure everything went smoothly. She was so nice and catered to not only me and my husband but to my entire wedding party. Brenda also helped me when I was having a foot cramp which says a lot lol. I highly recommend the Imperia to any couple who want a fantastic wedding.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 7/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Parking, Shuttle, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

We worked with Stacy for our wedding on 7/2/2016. From start to finish, she was very helpful with getting everything organized and set up. Stacy did not try to force any upgrades on us and was very up front with pricing and what was included in the different packages. The staff was very professional and the food was great. Brenda was our maitre'd and she kept thing running like a well oiled machine bit also was able to keep things light as she saw that we were bother a little nervous before the ceremony. Our guests all raved about how nice everything was at The Imperia. Thanks again to Stacy and her staff!

Doug & Dina

Profile Picture Douglas , 7/2/16, 4 Reviews
3.0

Food was cold, meat was raw, venue was nice, bartenders for the night were very rude. This place was way to expensive for the quality we received during our wedding event. Do not recommend.

Profile Picture Vanessa, 6/11/16, 5 Reviews
4.2

Have been working with the Imperia for about a year and are very happy that we booked our wedding there. Although we have not gotten married as of yet, we are looking forward to great services. The only thing I was a little disturbed about was not being let know about the hotel behind the venue wasn't going to be ready in time for our wedding until just recently. So, we had to scramble around and find a local hotel for our out of town guests to stay. Eventually, we did find one.

Profile Picture Sandy, 5/21/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Chocolate Fountain, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Set Up, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Open Bar

We used the Imperia for our March 2016 wedding. The place itself was really perfect for what we wanted, we had everything downstairs in the Majestica Ballroom (ceremony & reception). The food was amazing and the dessert was like nothing I have ever seen before. We had access to the terrace and had a fire pit set up as it was a chilly day. The issues we had were around responsiveness with our sales person (only on a few occasions, but also within two months of our wedding) and a few things on the day of not being what we expected. The overall value for what we got was really great, but I had expected the terrace to be more "set", with benches, outdoor heaters, multiple fire pits and the waterfall going. There was one fire pit which I had to ask that it be lit, and that was all. We asked a lot of the staff that night and for the most part it worked out well. Our bridal attendant was great in the beginning of the day/evening, every time we turned around she was there, but by the end of the night we couldn't find her, and we were literally the last ones in the room to receive our wedding cake when it was served. These are small details, but when you are planning and paying for such a huge event, you want to get what you were promised. We worked with Stacy and she was helpful in some planning details and offering suggestions of how they could be more accommodating, and that was great too. Overall, the day was great, and I'd recommend the Imperia to other couples.

Profile Picture Heather, 3/19/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, French Service, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Indoor, Dance Floor, Tables

The Imperia and the staff were amazing from time of booking through the day of. Family and friends raved about the food nonstop from the cocktail hour all the way through dessert. We had an ice sculpture/ice luge which was another favorite; although we were told to come up with two signature martini recipes they ended up doing any type of shot instead which I honestly preferred anyway. All in all, great wedding/event location!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 12/11/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Indoor, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Dealing with the Imperia will be the easiest part of your wedding planning. Their flexibility and willingness to do whatever it takes in order to make things the way my fiance and I want- top of the line customer service. We found this venue by mistake and it is the best mistake to happen to us. We aare having about 160 people and are are utilizing the downstairs ballroom. The extensive food list allows great variety at no extra/ hidden costs.

Profile Picture User5596319, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The moment I entered The Imperia I was blown away. The venue is gorgeous. Mindy Hughes gave my fiance and I a great deal for having our wedding on a Sunday in September. I can't wait to get married at this venue. The only reason why I didn't give it 5 stars down the line is because I have not had my wedding yet, but I am sure I will not regret choosing The Imperia!

Profile Picture Diane, 9/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

BEST WEDDING VENUE IN NJ!!! My husband and I had a hard time deciding on a venue we both liked for our wedding but when we saw the Imperia and met Arlene...we booked everything that same day. Arlene was amazing and instrumental in everything throughout our planning to the day of our wedding 8/30/2015. The Imperia has different sized rooms and halls for every type of event. We wanted to have our entire wedding centralized and the Imperia did it all, perfectly. Our ceremony was done outside on their patio, our cocktail hour was done in their Regalia room and our reception was done in their Majestica room. Everything was expertly coordinated, from the food to the décor. Their garden with the gazebo was perfect for pictures as well. Even the bridal suite was great...it was spacious and comfortable. Our wedding guests are still praising us on how beautiful and well prepared everything was. Arlene is the best!!! Highly recommended venue and will definitely use them again!!!

Ishanie and Douglas.

Profile Picture Ishanie, 8/30/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Imperia did a wonderful job on our wedding! We loved every minute of it! After our sales person, Gina, left without notice, Arlene took over and made sure that we felt 100% secure that the wedding would go off without a hitch. She did an amazing job coordinating all of our decorations, and providing excellent customer service whenever we contacted her. We had some problems with our contract due to Gina's negligence, but Arlene was able to honor everything that was originally agreed upon, and we could not be happier. The venue was gorgeous, and Vito, their lighting guy did a marvelous job decorating with the up-lighting. Brenda, our maitre'd for the night made sure that we got our food, and that we had everything that we needed. She took good care of one of my bridesmaids who fainted due to the heat during the ceremony (unbeknownst to me at the time), and everyone had nothing but good things to say about the quality of service! The only complaint I have is that I did not get a chance to eat my wedding cake, besides the bite we got from cutting the cake - but I will wait and have it on our 1 year anniversary! :) Thank you Arlene, Brenda, and the rest of the team for making our night all the more special! Ps: shout out to our bridal suite attendant (I forgot her name) - she was awesome and always on point with snacks and drinks, and help with my dress!!!

Profile Picture Deborah, 7/11/15, 4 Reviews