The Icing Baking Company Reviews

The Icing Baking Company 1
The Icing Baking Company 2
The Icing Baking Company 3

Emily · Married on 07/04/2019

After doing some research, my husband and I decided to go with the Icing Baking Company for our wedding cake/cupcakes. It was the best decision we made! We chose to go with a simple two-tier cutting cake and 125 cupcakes for our guests. We couldn't decide on the flavors for the cupcakes, so we ended up having five different kinds. Our guests raved about how delicious the cupcakes were and especially raved about the Caramel Apple! The Icing packed up a couple of the cupcakes for us to have after the wedding, which was a really nice touch. They also gave us a certificate for a complimentary anniversary cake for our 1 Year Anniversary, which we are super thrilled about. I would definitely recommend the Icing Baking Company to anyone looking for a delicious wedding cake/cupcakes at a very reasonable price.

Sent on 12/03/2017

Christine · Married on 10/07/2018

Sooo goood

The cake & cupcakes were exactly what we wanted & they were amazingly good!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Molly · Married on 07/07/2018

My husband and I loved our cake! It was based on a design that we found in one of their books and they tweaked it a little bit to be exactly what we wanted. It looked so beautiful we didn’t want to eat it! All of our guests commented on how beautiful the cake was and it tasted amazing! We chose strawberry and grapefruit and it was light and perfect for summer. Ive never really liked fondant but whatever they do to it it is to die for.

Sent on 07/10/2018

Michele · Married on 04/14/2018

Great bakery. Everyone was so excited about the different flavor of cupcakes.

Sent on 04/29/2018
  • I

Isa · Married on 04/14/2018

We had an amazing tasting and they delivered an awesome wedding cake. It looked exactly like what we asked and it tasted delicious. I would recommend them for any occasion.

Sent on 05/11/2018
  • NikkiNicoleLVT

Nicole · Married on 06/24/2017

The cake was delicious and beautifully done!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Glynis · Married on 12/02/2016

The Icings cakes are absolutely beautiful and taste great! Our daughter couldn't choose between a cake or cupcakes so we did both. The icing provided a cake designed for royalty and a desert display to warm any ones heart. The staff was very supportive and provide excellent guidance as we planned for our special day.

Sent on 12/08/2016
  • LoveInDC

Greta · Married on 11/05/2016

**Cupcakes only** We used Icing to add cupcakes to our dessert bar. They went so quickly! Setting up an order was a cinch and there was no issue.

Sent on 12/07/2016

Kim · Married on 08/06/2016

Easily the best cake I've ever tasted! I had no idea how I wanted to design my cake in the beginning and the staff did such an amazing job coming up with a vision and then bringing it to life. We're so happy with our choice!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Amanda · Married on 05/28/2016

The Icing Baking Company did such a fantastic job on my wedding cake! Everything was perfect! It looked amazing and it tasted great! I highly recommend the pink champagne cake! All of our wedding guests raved about our wedding cake and said how it was the best they've tasted! They delivered the cake and had everything set up perfectly. I also love the fact that they give you a certificate for a free 1 year anniversary cake.

Sent on 06/16/2016

Celina · Married on 01/31/2016

delicious my friends I love it .I recommend it everyone ....

Sent on 05/27/2016

Stephanie · Married on 01/23/2016

Our wedding cake came out exactly the way we wanted it to look and also tasted delicious! Many of our guests commented on how it was the best wedding cake they'd ever had. The store was also extremely helpful during the whole process. Our wedding happened to fall the weekend of winter storm Jonas so they made arrangements to get it delivered to our venue ahead of time. We cannot thank them enough!

Sent on 02/14/2016

Amy · Married on 01/16/2016

We planned our wedding quickly. The Icing was able to accommodate our timeline. While this was our wedding date it was also my be husbands Birthday. So not only did The Icing make a wedding cake, I had cupcakes also. We had color changes to our cake that were accommodated smoothly. Both looked great and were very tasty. I have purchased other delicious desserts throughout the year and have always been satisfied. You cannot go wrong with The Icing!!!!!!

Sent on 01/09/2017

Molly · Married on 01/02/2016

Contacted The Icing to set-up a tasting. My sister had used them for her wedding a year earlier and I was excited to have the same product. We had no issue setting up an appointment, tasting, and describing our dream cake. The result was exactly what we expected and all of our guests kept commenting on how great the cake tasted and was displayed. Thank you!

Sent on 12/24/2016

My husband and I used The Icing for our wedding cake. We could not decide on just one of their fabulous cake flavors so we went with the cupcake/ cake option they offer offer and choose about 10 flavors instead of just one. They are great company to work with.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Stephanie · Married on 09/20/2015

Don't be put off by how the cake tasting goes, its a little different than other places, but for a good reason. You can customize these cakes with filling and cake flavors, they have so many options that it would be impossible to taste all combinations.

We asked for a custom design, which was a very easy process, and the cake just looked amazing when all was said and done. Communication was easy and everyone was so nice!! Our cake was not delivered, but it was packed very well, the instructions for transport were very specific, and we had NO issues.

I dream of the day when I can have their cake again. You much check them out! Pricing was what we expected and worth it for legitimately excellent cake.

Sent on 11/17/2016

Kathy · Married on 09/12/2015

The cake and cupcake shooters were wonderful. My guests couldn't get enough

Sent on 09/21/2015

I first learned of the Icing Baking Company at a Bridal Show. The owner was providing cake shooters as samples and they were flying off the shelves because they were unique and tasted amazing. I wasn't engaged at the time but knew that The Icing Baking Company would be my cake vendor of choice when the time came because their cakes are simply delicious.

Once engaged my current husband and I setup a tasting with them. My husband does not usually like cake but LOVED the cake provided at the tasting. He even chose our flavors himself because he liked it so much.

We ordered the cake shooters for our guests and a his and hers cake for ourselves for our wedding on July 11th 2015. The guests are still talking about those shooters a year later!

I definitely recommend this vendor for anyone's cake needs!

Sent on 06/09/2016

We tried dozens of bakeries in the area and the The Icing was the only cake that actually tasted good! The cake is moist; the frosting and fondant are tasty without being sickly sweet; and the design options are gorgeous. The Icing also has options that are affordable and they offered us free delivery and set-up to our local venue. Best of all, on our wedding night we were given a certificate for a complimentary cake for our one-year anniversary. No need to save our cake topper in a freezer for a year! I was extremely impressed with the quality of the product The Icing created and with the professionalism of their service. I plan to get all my special occasion cakes from them in the future.

Sent on 07/06/2015

lakeisha · Married on 06/13/2015

My husband and I we're getting married the same weekend as a lot of high school graduations and even though I knew that it was going to be a busy weekend for them I still felt like I was the only one having a cake made they made me feel very comfortable and not to mention the cake was so beautiful I would definitely recommend the icing company to all of my friends keep up the good work

Sent on 06/11/2016

Wow! What can you say? The wedding cake was delicious, but even more, having multiple flavored cupcakes as the main portion for the guests made a world of difference. No wasted cake! Everything was moist and delicious.

Sent on 06/09/2015

Nicole · Married on 03/28/2015

The Icing Baking Co. did an amazing job with our wedding cupcake tower and wedding cake topper! They were very professional, took the time to listen to our design must-haves, and the final product was beautiful! The cupcakes were a HUGE hit for all of our guests... everyone loved having their own cupcake with flavor options. Plus, our wedding sweetheart cake was delicious! We went with the pink champagne cake with white chocolate mousse and raspberry coulis, AMAZING! We HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Icing Baking Company!

Sent on 06/06/2016

The exceptional bakers at The Icing made the perfect groom's cake for my rehearsal dinner. Everyone there was very easy to work with and totally nailed the cake and the design we were looking for. We went with one of their custom fillings and it was easily the best tasting cake I had ever had. I brought in the little leftovers there were into work and it was gone in 10 minutes. I highly recommend The Icing to anyone looking for a cake for any occasion, because the staff there will work with you to make the perfect looking and best tasting cake around!

Sent on 10/27/2014

The entire Icing staff was friendly but truly my heart goes out to Lynette. I booked them after a tasting that they held at their shop, the cake choices were so fun (peanut butter and jelly cake?? who knew??) and delicious. She and her team of artists created two cakes that were unique and beautiful and tasted SCRUMPTIOUS. I was really nervous about how the wild idea we discussed would come out but they did a magnificent job. My husband's grooms cake was a 3D rendition of his beloved motorcycle. You almost wanted to jump on it and ride away they did such justice to the details. The guest RAVED about the wedding cakes! I remember Lynette telling me that part of what prompted her to create the business was the fact that she couldn't find a delicious, beautiful cake for her own wedding. Well, if you're reading this you don't have to suffer with that particular issue because she has the perfect combination of great cake, designs to choose from and even better than that, you can create your own...or in my case, just tell them about your wedding theme and let them help you come up with something completely, beautifully, deliciously YOU! My only regret was other than the couple of bites we gave each other when we cut it, we didn't get any of either wedding cake because our guests loved it so much that they took it all!

Sent on 12/06/2014

Thank you to everyone at The Icing Baking Company for making our bid event even more ideal with providing the most delicious cake anyone there has ever tasted- not to mention it was insanely gorgeous!!! We will definitely come back to y'all for all of our baked goodness needs (: thank you again!!!

Sent on 05/01/2015