The Hotel Zamora Reviews

The Hotel Zamora 6
The Hotel Zamora 7

Jennifer C. · Married on 05/04/2019

Beautiful wedding

We had a beautiful wedding on the Gulf rooftop. The staff, service, food and drinks were excellent. Our guests had a wonderful time. Thank you Joy, Jessica and Samantha!

Sent on 05/12/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 11/04/2018

Elopement was like a fairytale!

My husband and I did the elopement package with Hotel Zamora. I was initially impressed with quick communication from the hotel event team and the ease of planning. Their team was able to quickly put together exactly what we wanted within a month! The rooftop is gorgeous for a ceremony, our room was nicely appointed with a waterfront view, huge bathroom and nice decor. Dinner in the Castile Restaurant was great and breakfast in bed was absolutely perfect. The photographer and officiant they recommended also exceeded my expectations. I can’t say enough about the staff at the hotel. Everyone was cheerful, helpful and made our experience memorable. Even the housekeeping staff helped by quickly finding a pair of scissors to cut a string on my dress! We hope to return to Hotel Zamora for a future stay and highly recommend the hotel for your wedding!

Sent on 11/10/2018

Hi Jenna,

Thank you so much for choosing us as your elopement venue! It was a pleasure working with you to make your day memorable. We look forward to having you as our guest again :-)

-Courtney, Chloe and Amanda

Kristin · Married on 04/07/2018

Great Hotel

I would highly recommend the Kimpton Zamora for any event. We recently had our rehearsal dinner on their roof and rented a block of rooms for our wedding party. The roof top dinner was incredible with breathtaking views of both the bay and beach. The food was delicious, the setup looked great, and the event was beautiful. Additionally, all of our wedding guests really enjoyed the rooms which come with beach chairs, pool chairs, bike and cayak rentals. I could not have been happier with our decision to do the rehearsal dinner and room block through them.
    But what sets this boutique hotel apart is their staff. Amanda, Carla, and Lindsay were first class in booking the room and venue. The bartenders and kitchen staff - Juan, Mikey, Tori, Yuri were incredibly friendly and did their best to make sure our stay was memorable. And what sets them apart was that this was not just mine and my bride's opinion, but all of our guests opinions. They really went the extra mile to make it the best weekend. I would definitely recommend this hotel for any wedding or rehearsal dinner.

Sent on 12/12/2018

Hi Kristin,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. We loved hosting your event and having the ability to make your event extra memorable :-)

-The Hotel Zamora Event Team

Karen · event on 04/05/2018

My son’s Rehearsal Dinner was rooftop at Zamora and many guests and wedding party members stayed there. The event was perfect. Everyone at Zamora was so helpful, professional and very friendly. We couldn’t have had a better experience! Thanks to everyone at Zamora!

Sent on 04/14/2018

Katie · Married on 03/10/2018

From start to finish the wedding planning process was seamless and enjoyable. Amanda was amazing with providing quick responses and soothing my worries about the weather. Carla was accommodating to our room changes and all of the front desk staff was extremely helpful and pleasant during our three night stay. We love Mikey the bartender and my guests enjoyed her warm hospitality. I could not have imagined my wedding turning out anymore perfect than it did and I just want to go back and do it again! The Zamora is a lovely venue with a beach vibe but the elegance of a luxury resort. One factor that drew me to this property was its size. No need to go to the grandeur resorts where you will get lost in the multiple weddings a weekend and run into other brides during your special day. I cant wait to come back and stay!

Sent on 03/23/2018

The Hotel Zamora's reply:

Hi Katie, thank you so much for your review. We are so glad we were able to make your wedding perfect! Your wedding was gorgeous and it was a pleasure working with you! -Amanda, Carla and Courtney

Alicia · Married on 02/24/2018

This location was beyond my wildest dreams. We fell in love for the view and the atmosphere, the food and the staff were what made this the most amazing day of our lives. The food was something that I will always remember and my guests commented on the next day and are still talking about it! The sunset was breath taking, my photos were dreamy. The iron gates downstairs created the most amazing backdrop. The thing that impressed me the most, above and beyond the view and food was the STAFF. They were so caring and kind about everything. They went ABOVE and BEYOND in every single aspect of my wedding to ensure that my groom and I were happy. They did an amazing job and I will remember each and every one of them for their jobs.

Sent on 04/17/2018
    The Hotel Zamora 15
    The Hotel Zamora 16
    The Hotel Zamora 17
    The Hotel Zamora 18
    The Hotel Zamora 19
    The Hotel Zamora 20

The Hotel Zamora's reply:

Hi Alicia, it was a pleasure making your dreams come true on your special day! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful.

-Amanda, Courtney, and Carla

Victoria · Married on 02/23/2018

I couldn't be any happier that I chose the Hotel Zamora as our wedding venue. We went up and down St. Pete Beach trying to find the perfect venue and Zamora had it all (the views, the intimate environment, great service etc.)! From the VERY beginning, the ladies at this venue have gone above and beyond for us! I worked closely with Carla & Amanda and they made our day PERFECT. Hotel Zamora provided all the support needed to make our wedding day go smoothly but what I loved the most was how much they cared and made sure that every small detail was addressed. The entire process from booking the venue to the final edits, they made it so seamless so I can focus on enjoying our day. We got married on a sunny day in February and the weather was absolutely perfect. We received SO many compliments from all the guests because of how pleasant their experience was with the staff and rooms, not to mention the wedding itself. I cannot recommend this venue any higher - they were worth every single penny :)

Sent on 03/13/2018

The Hotel Zamora's reply:

Hi Victoria, thank you so much for your review! We are so glad that we made your wedding day so special. It was a pleasure working with you and sharing in your celebrating. Cheers! - Amanda, Carla and Courtney

Chanel · Married on 11/19/2016

November 2016 we were able to have a beautiful ceremony on the sundeck & sunset rooftop reception. The staff was very professional and accommodating making our wedding day exactly what we envisioned. Most of our guests stayed at the hotel from Thursday to Sunday, making our wedding weekend a little vacation. We had different activities planned each day and night and the best part was we were able to spend time with all of our guest one on one which made the whole experience that much more memorable. We had 21 room reserved under our wedding reservation and because the hotel is very quaint it felt as though we had the whole hotel to ourselves from the bar, to the restaurant and even the pool. The staff was amazing, (especially Joe) always making sure we were well taken care of. The only thing I would change was the lighting on the rooftop. Once the sun went down it was so dark and we didn't have enough lighting, but thankfully our DJ had extra up lighting we were able to shine toward the guest tables. I wish we were warned prior about the bad lighting and I would have rented extra lighting. Ashley was the wedding coordinator that helped us plan our beautiful wedding and she did a fantastic job, she was very quick to return emails/phone calls and was always on top of everything. I want to thank Hotel Zamora and all their wonderful staff for putting together the most beautiful, elegant, and unique wedding I've ever been to ;)

Sent on 12/27/2016

Megan · Married on 05/27/2016

There aren't enough words to describe how wonderful The Kimpton Hotel Zamora has been, or how beautiful our wedding ceremony on the bayside roof and reception in the private dinning room were. They were extremely accommodating to us and our guests. Zamora's staff was one of the friendliest hotel staff we've encountered and Mary was delightful to work with and a great help in planning our wedding in such a short time frame. Our guests can't stop talking about how beautiful, delicious and perfect everything was. The whole day was truly magical and could not have been better.

Sent on 06/10/2016

Kaila · Married on 05/07/2016

When I first came across The Hotel Zamora I knew this was where I wanted to have my wedding (I mean look how beautiful it is) I reached out to the wedding director and explained what I had in mind for my wedding. At the time, I was living out of state so all of our communication was done mostly by email. Mary has been more then helpful on answering ALL of my questions (I had A LOT of questions) We worked hand in hand for over an year planning and figuring out exactly what I wanted. On the day of the wedding, Nikki was right by my side she made sure every detail was right! She made everything so easy for me by making sure I didn't worry about any details. The overall experience with The Hotel Zamora has been extremely exceptional. I would highly recommend any bride to The Hotel Zamora! You will not regret it

Sent on 06/09/2016

Dennis · Married on 05/06/2016

We came to the Zamora to stay and check out the different venues in the area, and were so blown away with the food and the hotel that we didn't look any further. We chose the roof top on the ocean side and it was the perfect spot for our reception. The sunset was spectacular, room for our band,( which we first heard at the Zamora) and a DJ for dancing. Mary did a wonderful job working with us as we live out of town. She made everything so easy for us. The tasting went well, and was just at good the night of the reception, even though it was a different chef, as the one we loved is no longer there. We were very pleased with the preparation of all of the food and displays the night of the event. The staff couldn't have been more professional and attentive. The bar staff did a fantastic job, and were the cutest personalities, everyone loved them. The front desk did an excellent job handing out our bags for our guests as they arrived, and the bellman took special care of all of our needs. Zamora has and will be a very special place to us that we intend to revisit often, and I highly, highly recommend them for your special events!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Kate · Married on 04/08/2016

The reception was laid out perfectly, the food was fantastic, and the hotel is so beautiful. We have started going back every year for our anniversary.

Sent on 03/23/2018

Matt · Married on 03/12/2016

We highly recommend The Hotel Zamora and could not have been happier. We first thought our ideal wedding location would be on the beach where we first met over 20 years ago. Needless to say there have been many years to think about and visualize exactly what we wanted. When we could not find the right beach venue for our very special day, our planner recommended The Hotel Zamora rooftop as an alternative. The hotel was brand new and the rooftop was still under construction. Mary Barnett ensured us that what we wanted would come to fruition. We took a huge risk and booked the entire rooftop for our celebration. A little over a year later, the week had arrived and we could not have asked for a more perfect experience. As most of our family and friends are from out of town, we had almost half of the hotel rooms booked for that week. We were overjoyed when so many of our guests expressed how unexpected it was to be treated so wonderfully by the entire hotel staff, from the valet, restaurant and bar staff, housekeeping, all the way through to the new General Manager John Markunas. We want to bring very special attention to Kasara Morison, Mary Barnett, and Chef Louis for giving special attention to every little detail of our very large and involved wedding celebration. When our wedding planner failed to fulfill her responsibilities, Kasara and Mary stepped in so we wouldn’t have to worry about any detail. We look forward to returning often to relive that very special week.

Sent on 05/19/2016

Justin · Married on 10/17/2015

We had our rehearsal dinner on the rooftop at the Hotel Zamora. The setting was absolutely perfect! The food was excellent and Mary made sure everything went according to plan! Couldn't have asked for a better venue!

Nicola · Married on 10/03/2015

My wife and I had an amazing stay at The Hotel Zamora! We celebrated our wedding there on October 3, 2015 and worked with the then hotel Event Coordinator, Mary. She was very wonderful to work with and made sure that all of our needs were taking care of. Our ceremony was on the sun deck and the reception was around the pool under the veranda. This made the transition from ceremony to reception very easy. We took a great group photo on the dock before heading into reception time…what a great memory! Our room was really nice and had a balcony overlooking the intercoastal waterway. The room service was excellent and my wife and I took great advantage of it after our wedding. Everyone who attended the wedding and booked a room at the hotel had nothing but great things to say. We look forward to returning every year to celebrate our anniversary at The Hotel Zamora.

Theresa · Married on 07/19/2015

We are from New Jersey and we had our rehearsal dinner here at Hotel Zamora. We found this hidden gem randomly and were SO happy that we did. Mary Barnett was very responsive to our every need and they worked with us as far as food, drinks, and our budget. We had about 100 people at the pool area and hired a steel drum player for the night. People even ventured upstairs to check out the band of the rooftop. We dropped off our table centerpieces the night before (all different lanterns with flameless candles) and Mary decorated the area perfectly for the next day. You don't need much to decorate since the pool area is beautiful on it's own. It was upscale but casual and the view on the water was perfect. The food was great, we had 2 pastas, a chicken dish, and salad. Drinks were great too. Everyone loved the hotel and raves about the night!! Zamora, we will be back for sure!

Katie · Married on 06/26/2015

We had an amazing reception at Hotel Zamora! Mary and her team made everything so memorable for my wife and I. The environment, the food,everything was amazing! I definitely recommend Mary to anyone for their ceremony and/or reception.

Sent on 06/08/2016

Katie · Married on 04/18/2015

Mary and her team at the Hotel Zamora exceeded expectations as a wedding venue for our special day! From the planning process to the actual day, we could not have been more impressed.

Sent on 06/25/2015

My daughter and her finance hosted their Rehearsal Dinner Cocktail Buffet at The Hotel Zamora on April 17th. Because they live in Boston and I live in Tampa, I was responsible for coordinating the event for them.
    From my first meeting with Chef Ted Dorset and then with Mary Barnett, our catering manager and wedding events coordinator, I knew we were in good hands. It wasn't a matter of good selling skills on their part, It was the professional way they did things, the little things like allowing us to choose anything we wanted to try off the menu rather than provide us with a sampling of food choices. It was their demeanor which was pleasant, not rushed and did not make me ever feel that they had other more important things to do. It was Mary's calmness and her ability to put me at ease when we had to make last minute changes; her good advice that made a huge difference and her reassurance that everything would go well and it did. Nothing seemed to be too much for us to ask of Mary. She came through every time and did a wonderful job of making it all appear seamless.

As for the food, Chef Ted and his staff were amazing as was the food. Everytnhing well prepared and beautifully presented.

The Hotel Zamora has a very special and very intimate vibe. Our event was on the pool deck overlooking the Intercoastal Waterway. It is a beautiful tropical setting, privately set apart from the pool area where the buffet stations, cocktail tables and bar were set up. Our guests had the luxury of conversing on comfortable sofas or meandering among the cocktail tables. It was a perfect evening and we were all so pleased and happy.

Sent on 05/05/2015

The Hotel Zamora's reply:

What wonderful sentiments! It was our pleasure to help host this very special occasion for you and your family. Thank you for celebrating with us!

The Hotel Zamora was the perfect choice for our wedding reception. The hotel is conveniently located within minutes of the beach were our ceremony was held. It is a very modern and elegant hotel, not at all crowded with guests in the public areas which was perfect as it provided us with a private environment for us to take our bridal and family portraits. The decor is stunning and the food so amazing! The prices very reasonable and the service excellent.
    We chose the Rooftop for our reception as we were going for a more casual setup where our guests didn't feel confined into a ballroom and everybody loved it. The views from both sides of the rooftop are just breathtaking.
    I could have not been happier with our decision to hold our wedding at this super chic hotel. I highly recommend the Hotel Zamora for your dream beach wedding.

Sent on 04/20/2015

The Hotel Zamora's reply:

We love happy brides and grooms! (And rooftop weddings!) Thank you for sharing your wedding day with us.

Lina · Married on 04/04/2015

We had the most beautiful wedding reception at the Hotel Zamora's rooftop. Their service and food is fabulous, and what about that view? Just breathtaking.
    Mary Barnett was so helpful during the wedding coordination process. I didn't have to worry about anything that day, but having fun! The rooms are so beautiful and comfortable and make the best backgrounds for wedding pictures.
    I highly recommend this hotel as a wedding venue.

Sent on 01/18/2016

Judy · Married on 03/21/2015

I can't thank Mary Barnett the Catering Sales Manager and Chef Ted enough for making our Rehearsal Dinner a spectacular success. Judging by the response of our guests, a wonderful time was had by all.
    Mary's calm demeanor and personality combined with her confident professionalism make her the ultimate event planner. She obviously loves her job. And what can I say about Chef Ted other than to tell you that he is nothing short of a magician in the kitchen. We are still raving about every dish he created.
    Zamora Style is the best!

Sent on 04/09/2015

The Hotel Zamora's reply:

Judy, we couldn't agree more....Zamora Style IS the BEST! It was our pleasure to host you and your family for Ashley and Mark's rehearsal dinner. Thank you for the wonderful review!

Lovely venue, great planning by mary Barnett and awesome event staff

Sent on 04/13/2015

Alani · Married on 01/10/2015

I could not have asked for a better wedding planning experience and wedding than what we had with the Hotel Zamora. Our wedding was 1/10/15 and Kim, Mary and Chef Ted were more than amazing to work with. Mary was one of the nicest, most accommodating and easiest person to work with. She was professional and her communication with me could not have been better. Anything I needed, any questions or any help I asked of them was taken care of immediately. The staff at the Zamora were unbelievable. Our ceremony and reception were on the rooftop and the staff pulled it off perfectly. Everything was on time, set up beautifully and it exceeded my expectations.They were beyond friendly to my guests and helped with anything we needed. Having our wedding at the Hotel Zamora was truly amazing and our guests cannot stop talking about how perfect everything was! Thank you hotel Zamora for a perfect wedding weekend.

Sent on 01/18/2015

The Hotel Zamora's reply:

Thank you Alani!! We were happy to help bring your perfect wedding day vision to life. Your rooftop ceremony and reception made for a beautiful celebration from start to finish. Best wishes to you and Mike!