The Horticulture Center Reviews

40 | Philadelphia, PA

40 Reviews for The Horticulture Center

Eugene Schwartz · Getting married on 02/01/2021

Everyone had a great experience!

As the father of the Bride, I hoped that the wedding would be everything that my daughter had envisioned. It was every bit of that and more...the quality of the food, service, decor and most of all, the professional manner in which Gail Ming and her staff provided a seamless, worry-free administering of the event...was perfection. But the proof is in the remarks of our guests...who were unanimous in their praise of the event.

Sent on 01/14/2020

Alison Russell · Married on 10/24/2020

Wedding at the Horticulture Center

There aren't enough words to explain how amazing our Horticulture Center wedding was. I contacted Leila about two months or so prior to our wedding date to see if there was any last minute availability due to some changes resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. Leila from Constellation Catering was very responsive and informative and we quickly picked a date. She worked with us consistently over the next two months to arrange for our perfect, intimate ceremony and dinner. Leila answered every single question we had and helped connect us to vendors we wouldn't have otherwise had access to.

On the day of our wedding, Leila's staff was EXCELLENT. Adam was the event captain and the night was absolutely seamless. My family commented on how friendly the servers and bartenders were. Tara, in particular, helped my husband and I throughout the evening and she was so attentive. She made sure we always had new drinks and that our food stayed warm until we were finally able to sit down.

I wish we could have another wedding here, it was truly an amazing experience.

Sent on 10/27/2020

Jim Siegler · Married on 02/09/2020

Couldn't have made a better choice

Excellent venue, atmosphere better than a country club. Appetizers & main course was excellent ( large variety of main courses, appetizers and signature cocktails available) Facility can accommodate large or small weddings. Constellation staff was easy to work with when making arrangements. We couldn't have been happier with my daughter's big day.

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Kyra

Kyra · Married on 01/18/2020

Perfect venue

The Horticulture Center was by far the best venue that we visited when looking for our wedding venue. The space is large, absolutely gorgeous, and the exclusive catering team, Constellation Culinary, is unmatched in quality. We worked with Gail to coordinate our wedding day, and she was so great throughout the whole process. This was so important to us, as the wedding planning process can be very stressful but Gail was always quick to answer emails and provide clear and helpful responses. The night of the wedding, the team at the Horticulture Center was extremely professional and the servers, bartenders, and kitchen team did an amazing job. All of my guests were raving about how the venue is so gorgeous and how the food was amazing. I highly recommend the Horticulture Center to any engaged couple, it is an incredible space with the best and highest quality service. They will make your wedding the best wedding you've ever been to.

Sent on 01/21/2020

Brooke Schwartz · Married on 01/11/2020

Just amazing!

My husband and I recently got married at the Hort and I still feel like I’m dreaming! The venue was so beautiful, the food and service were amazing, and all of our guests had a blast! Gail was so great to work with, and all the staff at the venue on the night of our wedding were amazingly helpful and friendly. If you’re thinking of having a winter wedding, The Hort is your spot!

Sent on 01/14/2020
  • Lynn

Lynn Wood · Married on 09/21/2019

A Magical Night at the Fairmount Horticulture Center

Wow! There is nothing I would have changed about my daughter’s wedding at the “Hort”. Gail Ming saw to every detail and the evening was truly magical. The food was delicious - from the cocktail hour appetizers to my short rib dinner to the passed desserts. My daughter and son-in-law reported that the employee dedicated to the two of them for the evening ensured that they always had food, beverages, and anything they needed that evening. Service at our table was quick and professional. The venue was immaculate and looked like a fairyland at night. We did opt for air conditioning, the cost of which was shared with another customer on the previous night. Do get the A/C if it is going to be warm-hot. Thank-you, Fairmount Horticulture Center for the perfect night!!!!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Sruthi

Sruthi · Married on 08/31/2019

Horticulture Center Wedding

Our wedding was a dream come true. Gail and her team did a great job bringing our vision to life. From even before we signed our contract, Leila and Gail were very responsive to emails and answered all of our questions and concerns. Our guests raved about the food provided by Constellation and Gail did an excellent job at making sure everything ran smoothly and on time. Our guests were even impressed about how professional the staff were. Our needs were always accommodated and we couldn't be happier :).

Sent on 09/05/2019

Katherine · Married on 04/27/2019

Fairmount Park Horticulture Center Wedding

I would highly recommend Constellation Events to anyone planning a wedding. We recently had our wedding at the Fairmount Park Horticulture Center. If you haven't checked out this venue you should because it is magical! It is like nothing else in the Philadelphia area. The food for our wedding was beyond amazing. Not only was there so much food but it was all so delicious. You can never go wrong with Steven Starr!

Sent on 05/18/2019

Samantha · Married on 03/30/2019

A Dream Wedding

A dream wedding venue! Food and service was exceptional. Many guests remarked it was the best wedding they had ever been too.

Sent on 05/04/2019

Cj Friedman · Married on 03/15/2019

Gail Ming and Constellation were wonderful to work with

We worked with Gail Ming throughout our planning process and she couldn't have been better. She was a pleasure to work with and her team executed the plan flawlessly. We didnt have to worry about a single thing, knowing that the setup was in her hands.

Sent on 03/20/2019
  • Krystal

Krystal Hubert · Married on 03/09/2019

Wedding of our dreams

There was only one place we considered getting married and were so happy we did! Gail and the team at the Fairmount Park horticulture center are phenomenal!!!! The execution of our wedding was top notch. I haven’t had service like this at the best restaurant in philly. The team was flawless. Food was delicious. Venue beautiful. I mean just stellar! Thank you for everything. If you’re considering this venue go for it! There were some extra costs we didn’t expect but at the end of the day our guests were wowed and it was worth it!

Sent on 03/21/2019

Hana · Married on 02/23/2019

Amazing venue, excellent staff

As soon as my husband and I walked into the Horticulture Center, we knew it was our venue. We wanted to get married in the winter, so we were looking for unique indoor spaces in the Philadelphia area. The Hort is a perfect mix of industrial and garden, is laid out perfectly for a single venue wedding, and is filled with an abundance of life and lush greenery that make it a stunning space. With a winter wedding, we knew that this would feel like a tropical escape for our guests. (We happened to visit in the late spring, so we were also blown away by the beautiful grounds outside--this is an ideal location for a wedding at any time of the year!)

We initially worked with Leila--she was responsive and very helpful, and gave us a thorough tour of the venue. She was our constant contact for questions about the contract and the space.

After we signed, we started working primarily with Gail, and she was also on site for our actual wedding day. Gail was excellent--she helped us with our tasting after work travel made it impossible to get to the group event, she walked us through a planning session at the venue so we had a very detailed sense of what happened when and where, and she answered all of our emails and phone calls about vendor set up, item drop offs, and more. Gail was the main reason the actual wedding day went smoothly--we did not have a planner, so Gail took care of the on site vendor coordination, made sure our guests started moving to the different areas of the venue during cocktail hour and then the reception, and she always checked that my husband and I had enough food or drinks (even making sure we had our own plate in the back room during cocktail hour).

We visited the Hort several times throughout the year to meet with Gail again and see the space in different light, and we really believe that it looked better every time we visited :) The Constellation staff the day of was wonderful--the service was excellent, the bartenders were very friendly and fast, and everyone was exceptionally helpful. Also--the food is delicious. We got a lot of compliments afterwards about the cocktail hour apps and the entrees in particular.

We highly recommend the Horticulture Center and Constellation Events!

Sent on 03/24/2019

Kathy · Married on 05/26/2018

The food was excellent. Gail Ming very professional, always responsive to questions, concerns in a timely manner. At the wedding, she was extremely attentive I making sure the evening was a success!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Tiffany · Married on 03/31/2018

Loved our wedding day and the entire planning process with the STARR Events team and absolutely adored our venue. Gail is an amazing coordinator and together with her and my wedding coordinator I felt like the whole process was surprisingly a lot stressful than I ever imagined it to be. We just had our wedding on 3/31 and are still on cloud nine. I highly recommend this venue and the team to everyone. Our guests had a blast and we've been hearing everyone rave about how beautiful the place is and how amazing the food was!

Sent on 04/05/2018

The Horticulture Center's reply:

Tiffany - It was a pleasure to work with you! Thank you for the kind words. We were truly honored to be a part of such an important day for you & your family. We wish you and Jim all the best! Warmly, Leila + Gail

Jess · Married on 03/17/2018

We got married on March 17 2018 ( St Paddys Day!!) We worked with both Leila and Gail who were extremely professional and accommodating. Wedding planning can be stressful and they definitely know how to plan accordingly and are available to answer any questions that will come up. Gail really helped closer to the date and made sure everything ran smoothly and according to our timeline on the big day!
    The venue is the perfect place for both photos and a beautiful garden wedding. Since we got married in March, the weather is very unpredictable. This venue offers both an indoor space and outdoor space for your ceremony. The food is top quality, catered by Stephen Starr. The service was impeccable!
    You are able to completely transform the space to however you envision your wedding to be. However, if you aren't into the diy wedding, the space and grounds are so beautiful, you don't have to do much to have a beautiful elegant wedding!

Sent on 04/03/2018

The Horticulture Center's reply:

Jess - We were truly honored to be a part of such an important day for you & your family. So happy you were all thrilled with everything! Warmly, Leila + Gail

Carol Ann · Married on 10/28/2017

The Horticulture Center proved to be a perfect, elegant venue for my daughter’s wedding. Stephen Starr Events personnel provided guidance and attention to every detail.

Sent on 10/31/2017

The Horticulture Center's reply:

Carlo Ann - We were truly honored to be a part of such an important day for your family. So happy you were all thrilled with everything!

Tara · Married on 10/21/2017

Our wedding was recently held at the Horticulture Center and we were blown away by the venue. It is absolutely beautiful, well maintained, and brings so much charm and character regardless of the time of year. We had both our ceremony and reception in the space and were able to make use of the outside area (in front of the grand fountains) and inside the greenhouse. The lush greenery that already comes with it makes it so easy to decorate the area, as there is not much more needed! Working with the team at the Hort was especially great - they were super flexible with our schedules, allowed us to come see the space multiple times when they were setting up private events so we could see what it could look like in the evenings and even provided a sample rental table and place setting for one of our visits to take a look at. When a personal issue came up last minute, they were very accommodating when we needed to reschedule our tasting with their in-house caterer STARR and gave us a private tasting 2 months before our event. As expected with STARR catering, the food at our wedding (from appetizers, to entree, to desserts) was delightful! The food combinations were unique while also being crowd pleasers! The venue is stunning and a great option for those who want to feel like they are outside without the risk that comes with having an outdoor event. All of our guests appreciated the venue and many friends loved it so much that they want to have their wedding there as well!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Tara,

Congrats to you both! We were thrilled to be a part of your big day and happy to be there for you to create a special experience for all of you. It was our pleasure to accommodate your needs along the way in the planning as well. Thanks for the kind words and we wish you two the best in your future together.

Lia · Married on 10/15/2017

Leila was absolutely amazing to work with! Planning a wedding at the horticulture center was painless. She is so knowledgeable. I was always able to reach her if I had any questions. Starr catering was amazing. The food was the best I have had at a wedding - and that was definitely important to us. The venue is gorgeous - I had so many compliments from guests about the whole experience. Gail was great too- she even kept me company before I walked down the aisle. My husband and I had the wedding of our dreams, thanks to Leila and the staff. We wouldn’t have changed any part of it. Thanks for helping us create the perfect day to celebrate our love and marriage!!!

Sent on 11/09/2017

The Horticulture Center's reply:

Lia - thank you for your kind words! We are so happy for you and Adam and thrilled we got to be a part of your big day. It takes a village on our end and yours and it all came together beautifully! Can't wait to see all of the photos and we loved all your copper details!

Dorie · Married on 10/08/2017

Excellent experience! Beautiful venue, food was excellent, service superb.

Sent on 10/14/2017

The Horticulture Center's reply:

Dori - Thank you so much for your wedding wire love! We were honored to be a part of your big day and wish you two the best in your future together.

Linda · Married on 10/08/2016

We were absolutely thrilled with my daughter's wedding this past weekend that took place at this fantastic venue. This was my daughter and son-in-law's 1st choice from the beginning (after looking at almost every venue in Philadelphia), and it exceeded their expectations. They had hoped to have the ceremony outside by the fountain and the reception inside, but the weather didn't comply so everything was inside, and it couldn't have been more perfect. The natural beauty of the space blended perfectly with the superb decorating by the fabulous Bri Crowley from Robertston's Florists, and the food, catered by Starr Catering, was beyond delicious. (I highly recommend including the seafood station- it was a big hit!!) Leila and Gail from Starr were wonderful to work with, and their hard work created a perfect event!!

Sent on 10/11/2016
  • W

Will · Married on 10/30/2015

We had our wedding at the Horticulture Center 2 months ago. It's a really fantastic place that feels connected with the outdoors-- lots of plants, beautiful flowers, fountains-- but it's the best of both worlds because it's indoors so you never have to worry about the weather! The venue holds a lot of people which was one of the reasons that we chose it-- with a large family, some of the other local venues wouldn't fit our guest count of 170. The folks at Starr catering are incredibly organized and made the entire process really easy. We worked with Gail and she is a pro- talented, on top of every detail, and knows how to make everything work perfectly. Our guests loved the evening- the service staff had appetizers and drinks in everyone's hands and the entrees were delicious.
    The other great features about "The Hort" are there's plentiful parking for the guests, and there's a ton of space for folks to walk around on the grounds, and for you to take wedding photos there. I'm so glad we chose it!

Sent on 01/02/2016

Dana · Married on 10/11/2015

My husband and I originally wanted to get married in a tent in a park or garden in Philly. As we did some research, it became clear that it was much harder (and no cheaper) to do that than pick a typical venue. But we still wanted the aesthetic of a unique garden venue. We came across the Horticulture Center, and found it was the absolute perfect choice for us (and frankly for anyone). It was gorgeous and had such a warm and wonderful feeling about it - it was exactly what we were looking for. Gail and Leila were super helpful and accommodating and they made sure every detail was taken care of. During our wedding, I didn't have to worry about anything - it all ran so smoothly, we were able to truly enjoy ourselves. Our guests raved about the food - from cocktail hour to dessert - and could not stop talking about how cool the venue was. It was absolutely perfect in every way.

Sent on 10/14/2015

Natalie · Married on 09/12/2015

From the first time we saw the Fairmount Horticulture Center we fell in love with the venue. The space really has the perfect feel for a wedding, with greenery everywhere and awesome lighting when the sun goes down. The reception room is laid out perfectly with lots of space for your guests to all get up and dance. The catering is exclusively Stephen Starr Catering, so you know the food is going to be on point. I had more than one guest tell me it was the best wedding entree they've ever had. We found the Starr Catering staff to be helpful across the board, and with their help our night really went flawlessly. In briefly speaking with the wait staff at the reception it was clear they liked working there and it showed in the job they did.

You really can't go wrong with the horticulture center and Starr catering.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Mike · Married on 10/12/2014

Beautiful location. Excellent level of service. We are so happy this is where we chose to have our wedding. One of biggest reasons we chose the Horticulture Center was that the indoor and outdoor options for the ceremony site were equally amazing. We didn't want to stress out about the weather or have the indoor option be second rate. The other import factor was that they could accommodate our dietary needs. My wife has celiac disease and they were able to create a menu that was 100% gluten free (and amazing!). If you have any dietary restrictions, you will be well taken care of here.

Sent on 11/05/2014

Caitlin · Married on 08/09/2014

We recently got married at the Horticulture Center and are still over the moon with how beautiful and incredible this venue is. We had the ceremony outside and the cocktail hour/reception inside - both stunning. The statues and flora both inside and outside the venue are gorgeous. Starr Catering is exclusive at the venue, so of course the food was delicious. We worked with Leila, Ashley and Gail at Starr - and they made things very easy and user-friendly. The entire team at the Horticulture Center is also lovely to work with (especially Julian, who was a friendly face every time we came by!). Amazingly enough, the air conditioning worked incredibly well in the summer (trust it!) and the acoustics were awesome for our band (both things we were initially concerned about, but absolutely without warrant). Highly recommend having your event here!

Sent on 09/06/2014