The Historic Martin Mansion Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Megan
    Megan S. Married on 11/13/2021

Beautiful Venue!

The Historic Martin Mansion is amazing! They were the first vendor we booked based on their all inclusive package. They worked with us for two years to ensure that our wedding vision would be a reality. Polly and Suzanne are the sweestest and helped throughout the night. We had so many compliments on our reception venue from the decor to the flowers to the food. By the end of the night, it felt like the mansion was our home. I would highly recommend this venue to any bride!

Hi Megan!
    How are you? We were so happy that we could be part of your special day, we appreciate you mentioning the MM felt like home, we just LOVE hearing that....Polly and Suzanne work hard to make your day special and they really appreciate you taking the time for this review. On behalf of our team, thank you, Jen.
  • Megan
    Megan P. Married on 09/05/2021

Fantastic Venue

We booked with the Historic Martin Mansion because of their "Just Show Up and Enjoy" package - we loved the idea of having someone else coordinate so many of the details - and I am so happy we did. They were super supportive and flexible when we needed to postpone from 2020 to 2021. The venue was beautiful and Polly and Suzanne made sure everything went smoothly and was exactly what we wanted. If you're looking for a wedding venue, I highly recommend checking out The Historic Martin Mansion. (Photo credit to Leigh Skaggs Photography)
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie H. Married on 08/14/2021

Elegant venue for a bargain price

The venue is beautiful and perfectly sized for our wedding of 100. The staff was very nice and easy to work with. We did their "Show Up And Enjoy" package. It made everything very easy -- we added "extras" but you don't have to so its really the best deal in town. Food was great, and beautiful flowers included.
  • Jessica
    Jessica K. Married on 06/26/2021

Perfect day!

My husband and I had a Vow Renewal to celebrate our 10th Anniversary and make up for the fact that we never had the chance to have a big wedding (classic military life!). We couldn't have picked a more perfect venue. Polly and Suzanne were both fantastic, more than happy to help me with any questions I had, and went above and beyond to make sure our day was everything we dreamed. We had to bump our date back because of covid, and they maintained our original contract, which was a rarity for 2020, and were happy to roll us over to the next year. I highly recommend their show up and enjoy package. No only did it make things easy to plan, the package itself if fantastic! My flowers were stunning, exactly what I asked for. The food was INCREDIBLE. All our guests were asking who the BBQ caterer was and everyone went wild over the canapes ( I highly recommend the crab cakes and buffalo chicken dippers!). I was told many times that the food was the best wedding food anyone had ever had and it was true, I was blown away. The cake was lovely, moist. and the icing was the perfect level of sweetness, but I was a little disappointed when the top layer wasn't saved for our anniversary, I didn't realize I had to request it. Polly was kind enough to call the baker and have them remake the top layer, which meant so much to us. Normally the venue doesn't allow children, which is a good policy because the house is full of beautiful but fragile antiques, but they allowed our boys to attend since they were our children, old enough to understand not to touch, and I had my son's caregiver watching both boys the entire time. I greatly appreciated the exception for our case, having our boys there meant the world. The only thing I recommend is walking through the space before your event. I didn't do that, and there were two chairs on the ceremony stage I would've wanted moved elsewhere, but that's on me. I highly recommend the Historic Martin Mansion!

The Historic Martin Mansion's reply:

Jessica, thank you so much for your wonderful review, it will mean the world to our vendors, our staff, Polly and Suzanne! Thank you for sharing your stunning pictures and we are all so glad you had a wonderful time. Jennifer/ The Martin Mansion
    Jacqueline G. Married on 10/31/2020

Beautiful Experience

Polly was the most amazing person ever!!! She had great ideas and great inspiration to help out with planning. She also handled everything necessary to provide us with the best experience! I would get married over and over again here!
    Carol M. Married on 10/24/2020

Beautiful wedding. All we had to do was show up. Very pleased with everything.

Beautiful venue. The package deal was the best decision. They did it all. We were very pleased and thrilled with the way the wedding turned. Lots of very happy guests. Polly and Suzanne were great, and extremely professional. Choosing this location was the best decision of 2020.
  • Courtney
    Courtney M. Married on 10/24/2020

2020 pandemic wedding

When I started looking for a place to get married I never thought the world would be the way it is in 2020. I found the mansion online and went to see it in person not knowing exactly what it was gonna be like. After walking in I immediately fell in love with the place! Polly and suzanne were the sweetest and easiest people to work with. I got the just show up package and everything was perfect! I decided not to postpone my wedding because of the pandemic and knew everything would work out the way it was supposed to, but I did have the option to reschedule for another day in the next year at no cost and no penalty! Which i think is pretty awesome since I know some people lost a lot of money and their dream wedding other places. I definitely would recommend this place if you want a different type of venue than an ordinary hotel ballroom!
  • Melody
    Melody D. Married on 08/21/2020

Highly recommend!

The ladies at Martin Mansion were absolutely incredible! From the first meeting they were so friendly, personable, and helpful. When Covid hit and I had to change my plans, they were amazing and helped me come up with the perfect plan to have a small ceremony this year and a big celebration next year. They allowed my dad to see the space the day before for technical reasons, answered all of my questions quickly and thoroughly, and were just so sweet to work with. Polly and Suzanne are the absolute best, I could not imagine a better experience or venue! Highly recommend!

The Historic Martin Mansion's reply:

Thank you so much, Polly and Suzanne appreciate your kind review and can't wait until next year.
    Many thanks,
    Jen
    Jacquelyn R. Married on 03/06/2020

A magical place!

This is a magical place! We're so happy we chose the Mansion as not only is the venue a superb one with stunning, old world character (with modern comfort), the Events Team was a true pleasure to work with and took great care of us...AND all our guests! I give the Mansion and their Event Team a 5 PLUS star review! Thank you for all your detailed efforts that made our special day a truly magical one!

The Historic Martin Mansion's reply:

On behalf of our team, we thank you for sharing your beautiful memories with us and appreciate your kind review! We loved having your wedding here!
    Barry T. Married on 12/28/2019

The absolute BEST!!!!

From the very first visit to the Big Day, our experience with everyone at the Mansion was superb!!! Polly and Suzann were wonderful and our wedding was even more amazing than we could have imagined!!! Every guest commented on how beautiful the mansion was (our wedding was just after Christmas so it was still beautifully decorated), how delicious the food was, and how wonderful the service of the staff was. We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day!!!
    Ashley S. Married on 06/30/2019

Our wedding was perfect!

The venue was perfect! Beyond beautiful. Everyone was so great. We never wanted the party to end!
  • Ashlee
    Ashlee Married on 06/15/2019

Historic Martin Mansion

The Mansion is beautiful inside and out. It’s the perfect venue if you are looking for something unique, yet elegant at the same time. The best part is you can get married and have the reception in the same place. Polly and Susanne are so sweet and kind. They worked very hard to make sure the day went as planned and there was minimal effort to make this happen on my part. They literally took care of everything and all I had to do was show up. You can truly tell they love what they do and work hard to make the day special. I will definitely recommend them, not to those seeking a wedding venue, but to those wanting to host a special event too.

Ashlee,
    You were such a beautiful bride!! We were so happy to be your venue on your Special Day! We enjoyed it as much as you did : ) What a fun night! Please visit us after you all get settled, and thank you again for the privilege and trust of hosting your memorable day!!
    Polly
    Jen B. Married on 10/16/2016

The wedding day of my dreams!

A beautiful venue that is elegantly decorated to make for the perfect backdrop. Everyone was so helpful and exceeded my expectations. Highly recommend!
  • Yaslin
    Yaslin Married on 10/26/2019

Great overall experience!

It was a pleasure having my wedding at The Martin Mansion. Suzanne and Polly are the best! Thank you for a wonderful time ❤️
  • Cayleen
    Cayleen Married on 04/17/2021

Beautiful venue!

The mansion is absolutely stunning! We picked it as our venue because of how unique it is and the causes they support in the community. Every time I walked up to the building I was so happy with our decision to have our wedding there. However, there were a few issues with communication.

The pricing for just the venue was not clear and we were surprised by the price when we got the final bill. I did relay my concerns to the venue managers (Suzanne and Polly) who genuinely cared about my feedback and plan to rework the pricing for future couples.

On the day of our wedding, the valet we paid for was nowhere to be found. We didn't found out that they were unable to make it until after the ceremony when our coordinator asked the venue manager where they were. Thankfully most of our guests ended up Ubering. Polly and Suzanne were also extremely apologetic about the issue and gave us a full refund for the valet and brought in parking attendants to hand out parking passes.

Overall, the mansion is a beautiful place to get married and we had a great time. We will NEVER regret having our wedding there and are so excited to see how our photos turned out. Suzanne and Polly were very kind and understanding as we planned our COVID wedding.