The Hilton Garden Inn, Troy Reviews

The Hilton Garden Inn, Troy 6
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 07/20/2019

One Amazing Night!

Our daughter and now son-in-law had their wedding here last weekend! Everything was perfect! Kailee was so calm, informative, organized and easy to work with throughout the whole process. We had just about 300 guests and we were not crowed at all. The food was outstanding and we are still hearing from guests how good it was and how quickly they were able to serve themselves from the stations that were spread out in the main room and attached entry way/room. People did not wait in line for more than a minute and chatted with others while getting their meal. And the desserts, which were included in the package were delicious! The staff were all friendly and efficient. We looked many places, the Garden Hilton being our final appointment before making any decisions and as soon as we met Kailee and saw the rooms we were hooked and we couldn't be happier with the choice we made. Our guests booked over 40 rooms at a special price and not one complaint. The suite for the happy couple was just remodeled and it is beautiful and very spacious. Additionally, we did not have to shuttle guests to and from the church or venue which made it so convenient for everyone. If you are looking for a venue in or around the Capital District area be sure to meet with Kailee. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/27/2019

Julie · Married on 09/15/2018

The perfect garden for an intimate reception

The event planner, Kailee, walked us through every option and space available at the Hilton. We chose to have our reception in the library and garden spaces - absolutely perfect. Kailee was wonderful to work with, kept us up to date, and made sure we kept her up to date. The staff for our event was outstanding - John, the bar manager, and Kara, our event supervisor, were the BEST. Beginning with our tour of the spaces, to an individual dinner tasting to help us select our menu, to the delicious and beautiful reception and our amazing cake, to the wedding night suite which was part of the package, everything was perfectly suite for us and our guests. And, the breakfast was worth getting up for.

Sent on 10/23/2018
    The Hilton Garden Inn, Troy 7
    The Hilton Garden Inn, Troy 8
    The Hilton Garden Inn, Troy 9
    The Hilton Garden Inn, Troy 10
    The Hilton Garden Inn, Troy 11
    The Hilton Garden Inn, Troy 12

Kate · Married on 10/14/2017

Everything about the Hilton was out of this world. They made our wedding magical and absolutely perfect. WE got thank-you notes from our guests because they felt our wedding was that awesome and they felt so thrilled to have been there, and the Hilton staff made it that way. The food and desserts were amazing, the attention to detail was superb and the hospitality we felt and were given from everyone (from the kitchen to the front door, to the front desk) were wonderful. On top of everything else, the ballroom was BEAUTIFUL and the rooms were beautiful and spacious, too. It's been three weeks and we are still raving and on cloud nine because of this outstanding hotel. I would give it 10 stars if I could!! I highly, HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone looking for the most amazing venue.

Sent on 11/06/2017

Kate,

We are all very happy to hear we made yours and Zach's dreams come true! Thank you for taking the time to fill out the review, we truly appreciate it beyond words! Congratulations to you both once again!

Sharon · Married on 10/06/2017

Colleen and her team were fantastic, she took over for another colleague who left and we couldn't of asked for a better person/team!...The price was great for everything from the appetizers, dinner and set up...we so appreciate your professionalism and your caring attitude to make our daughter's wedding wonderful!

Sent on 11/26/2017

Jackie · Married on 05/06/2017

April and all the staff at the Hilton made our wedding day a wonderful experience where we could enjoy ourselves and celebrate with friends and family. I could not imagine a better location to have our wedding or any place that was so accommodating to special requests to incorporate different cultural pieces.

We loved every minute that we were able to work with April and are so grateful to have been able to work with her and the Hilton.

Sent on 05/10/2017

Kimberly · Married on 07/09/2016

April and the Hilton Garden Inn helped make our wedding day and entire weekend so successful! April was the best to work with as her communication was fabulous and she was always available to help out! Not being from the area, we knew we were going to need quite a few hotel rooms, and April made sure that we had enough rooms for all our guests!

When I saw the outdoor garden space, I knew that was where I wanted to have our ceremony! The day before our wedding, when checking the weather, it seemed that it was going to rain on Saturday. April contacted us immediately and asked if us if we wanted her to see if she could find a tent. Even though we had never discussed it, April went above and beyond, and secured us our tent so I was able to get married outside like I always wanted!

The staff at the hotel was also amazing! The lady at the welcome desk was so helpful checking everyone in and made sure every guest got a welcome bag! We had a farewell breakfast on Sunday for our guests and the ladies down there were also fantastic. They made sure our guests had fresh food and were always making sure my husband and I were taken care of as well. Along with a great staff, the rooms were also immaculate! We stayed in the presidential suite which had a great amount of space for my bridesmaids and I to get ready! The other rooms were also spacious and we loved that everyone had a microwave and refrigerator to make it feel like a home away from home!

I could not have asked for a better hotel to host our wedding weekend! April and all the staff made our time there stress free I would stay there again in a heartbeat! Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Ashley · Married on 09/18/2015

April did a great job with my event and was an awesome help. My wedding was amazing and I wish I could do it all again

Sent on 09/27/2015

Alison · Married on 09/05/2015

Had the most amazing wedding!! We stayed at the presidential suite for our wedding and we're treated like royalty, Kim, the manager went above and beyond for us to make our wedding perfect! The staff was amazing accomadating all of our needs!! Great venue! Keep up the amazing work!!! - Alison & Michael

Sent on 09/06/2015

Tom · Married on 11/15/2014

The staff made us feel like Kings! The rooms we used for our ceremony, reception & dinner were absolutely the best! The food was wonderful and the staff were always right there for us even before we knew we needed something. Talk about meeting your needs! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone. We want to do it over again just because we had the best night ever! I would give this place 10 stars if it were an option.

Sent on 01/14/2015

The Hilton Garden Inn, Troy's reply:

Thank you, Tom ! It was an honor and pleasure to host your special day for you & your husband ! It was a fantastic family affair with many personal touches incorporated into the ceremony & reception. On behalf of our team, we wish you all the very best ! ~Kimberly Ryan, Catering Sales Manager, Hilton Garden Inn, Troy, NY

Amy · event on 04/26/2014

First class venue and event from start to finish!
    Kim Ryan was an absolute joy to work with and helped execute every detail of our vision, from start to finish.
    We had 180 people and the ballroom had room for a large dance floor, the magnet man, and plenty of room for formal seating and mingling. The food was amazing and everyone is still raving! The staff was friendly eager to please, and able to anticipate our needs before we ourselves knew what they would be! We would highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn in Troy to others :-)

Sent on 04/29/2014

The Hilton Garden Inn, Troy's reply:

Thank you, Amy & Family for your kind words - all we did was put together your vision for Sarah's Bat Mitzvah - glad we could accommodate you and the wonderful themed party. Was a great experience all the way around ! We appreciate your kind review and your recommendations to the community! Congratulations, again, to you, Sarah and family !
    Sincerely, Kim Ryan and Team at Hilton Garden Inn, Troy.

Ann-Marie · Married on 12/21/2013

The Rensselaer Hilton Garden Inn in Troy proved to be the perfect venue for our Wedding Weekend. The convenient location made it easy for all of our out-of-town guests to find. We held our Welcome Party/Rehearsal Dinner, our Reception and our Farewell Brunch in 3 different spaces all within the hotel over the course of 3 days. Each event had it's own style and flavor and we loved not feeling like we were "in a hotel." We were able to customize our menus and decorations to truly reflect our tastes, and still stayed on budget! Our guests were treated both professionally and in a friendly manner -- something we expect from smaller inns and were pleased to find in this larger hotel. Kimberly Ryan made the entire planning process incredibly easy and all of the staff for the 3 events were a pleasure. We will absolutely use this facility again for future events.

Sent on 01/06/2014

The Hilton Garden Inn, Troy's reply:

Thank you, Ann-Marie for your kind words. It was an honor to work with you for your Wedding Weekend! Every event was a completely different feeling, which, I believe was the goal. What a planning ride it was for those couple of months. Again, on behalf of the team at Hilton Garden Inn, Troy, thank you for choosing us for your wedding.
    Kimberly Ryan, Catering Manager
    Hilton Garden Inn, Troy, NY
  • W

William · Married on 09/14/2013

Kim and the entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn in Troy were top shelf all the way! From start to finish we were treated like a king and a queen! We loved our wedding, our after party, our breakfast the following morning!

Sent on 10/31/2013

Ada · Married on 08/17/2013

I have to say that this place was amazing, beautiful and very helpful with all my wedding preparation!!
    Kimberly Ryan is the best of the best, she made my life and my wedding prep so much easier !
    Fantastic staff also..The gardens for the ceremony were expectacular... Love everything about The Hilton Garden Inn❤

Sent on 09/19/2013

The Hilton Garden Inn, Troy's reply:

On behalf of our entire Hilton Garden Inn, Troy team, thank you, Ada & Mike for your kind words. We appreciate that we were a destination location for you both and it was an honor to put all your ideas into play from across the country. You put much faith & trust in us and we were thrilled it all came to fruition. Wishing you both the very best as you begin the next chapter together. ~Kimberly Ryan, Catering Manager, Hilton Garden Inn, Troy, NY

Susan and Donald · Married on 07/20/2013

We can't say enough about the entire staff at the Hilton Garden Inn. Our wedding was wonderful, many thanks to them. We would definitely recommend them to anyone getting married.

Sent on 09/18/2013

The Hilton Garden Inn, Troy's reply:

Thank you, Sue & Don for celebrating your special day with us. From our family to yours - Congratulations !!

Sandra · Married on 06/29/2013

We are writing this correspondence to compliment the outstanding service we received during our recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Troy, NY. Our son was married on June 29, and all of our family and guests stayed at the Hilton. In September of last year, I met with Kimberly Ryan, the Catering Sales Manager at the hotel. From that day forward, Kim proved to be invaluable to us in planning a Rehearsal dinner, a brunch for our guests on Sunday morning, as well as assisting me with securing the rooms for our guests. Kim’s expertise and experience in this field were reflected in every detail of the planning. The Rehearsal dinner she arranged for us was exactly what I had envisioned, but was enhanced by Kim’s special touches. We had almost 40 people, and several of our guests were from Australia. The room looked elegant and beautiful, the food was wonderful, the bartender great, and a grand time was had by all. Kim created a beautiful cocktail that totally suited the bride and groom’s sensibilities as well as marking the occasion of their honeymoon in France. I know what a challenge it was for Kim to secure all of the rooms as there were several weddings in the area that weekend, yet every room I needed was made available. All the guests were accommodated including my 97 year old mother who requires oxygen at night, and did need a family member close by. Kim took care of that for me as well. We had an extended stay, and throughout that week every staff member I came in contact with was professional and accommodating. As family and friends arrived, we all remained at the hotel, and enjoyed great lunches, dinners and after parties at the Recovery Room. We finished with our Sunday brunch which again was delicious, and set up beautifully.

Sandy and Bill

Sent on 07/20/2013

Danelle · Married on 06/07/2013

My husband and I had our 10 year vow renewal held here and it was absolutely wonderful! The space was perfect for our event, the food was delicious, the staff was attentive and professional and working with Kimberly Ryan (the hotel coordinator) was wonderful! She really knows her stuff, she's very helpful and soooo easy to work with. We had an overall blessed experience and would definitely use this venue again for future events!!

Sent on 06/24/2013
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 05/04/2013

I could go on and on about this venue. Kim and the rest of the crew at the Hilton are phenomenal and anything you can dream of, they can make come true. My husband and I got to enjoy every second of our wedding day because everything had been taken care of and there was nothing for us to worry about. We had a beautiful wedding ceremony in their courtyard followed by an amazing cocktail hour and reception where we didn't want for anything the entire night. The staff always checked on us and made sure we were all set and they gave the same attention to our guests. I was thrilled with every last detail and I haven't heard anything but from our guests. If you're looking for the perfect location for your wedding day, I strongly suggest you check out the Hilton Garden Inn, Troy, it's the perfect location for your celebration!!!

Sent on 05/21/2013

The Hilton Garden Inn, Troy's reply:

Thank YOU so very much, Rebecca & Lou - it was truly a perfect day - great weather, slight breeze - You and your family were a pleasure to work with from the shower to the big party day ! Thank you for choosing our venue to celebrate one of your most memorable days together. On behalf our our team, wishing you both years of happiness and awesome weather for the Harley Rides ! Congrats !!

David · Married on 05/04/2013

Kim and her staff made this experience bothing short of delightful! The utmost respect, care, and precision was given to ensure our night was perfect.

Sent on 05/29/2013

The Hilton Garden Inn, Troy's reply:

Thank you, David ! We strive to meet and exceed your expectations for your special day. It was quite the party. Glad you both had a wonderful time. Congratulations and wishing you the best !

Maria · Married on 11/10/2012

Kim and her team were extremely helpful and professional. I never would have been able to do it without them. They were always quick to respond to emails leading up to the wedding and helped coordinate the ceremony and reception so that I didn't have to stress or worry about anything. They were always there and very attentive during the ceremony and reception as well!

Sent on 11/17/2012

The Hilton Garden Inn, Troy's reply:

Thank you, Maria & Rich for choosing our venue and team for your special day! It was a pleasure to work with all of you in the planning process. It was truly an awesome reception in the Library and Garden Foyer. Congrats to you both - and Olivia - and wishing you all the very best!

Nicole · Married on 10/27/2012

The Hilton Garden Inn of Troy was AMAZING!!!! From the start Kim Ryan and her awesome team were just perfect to us. Kim helped us for 13 months leading up to the big day with all the planning and organizing. She was always professional and punctual, knew what needed to be done and guided me along the way.
    When it came down to the actual day, I stayed in the bridal suite...AMAZING. So big and luxurious, all the girls got ready there with hair and makeup! The guys met in the swanky library downstairs....perfect for some pictures with the photographer! Both groups got photos taken in the beautiful courtyard too!
    Our reception was PERFECT. As a nervous bride, I worried about everything. Looking back, this wasn't necessary as Kim and her team had everything under control. From the food to the cake and even the organized dancing by the waitresses, it was all a fairy tale! To top it all off, I am still in shock with our final bill! Thanks to the Hilton, we were able to have every single person we could ever want there! It was just perfect. 100% recommend this venue and its team to any future bride and groom! Beautiful, memorable, professional, romantic, high quality, and the list goes on!
    Thanks a million for such a fantastic time!

Sent on 11/27/2012

Alicia · Married on 09/29/2012

Kimberly Ryan and the staff at the Hilton Garden Inn were absolutely incredible. After several failed attempts to contact area vendors, Kimberly was the first one to respond positive with our same sex reception inquiry. Her exact words were, "love it!" Our initial meeting with Kimberly was relaxed and informative. After that, we just knew that we picked the perfect venue for our celebration. She responded to my emails quickly and replaced my worry with assurance. I am sure at one point she was even afraid to check her email because I was emailing her so much! The day of our reception, Kimberly and her staff were so attentive to us and our guests. Kimberly personally came to our room to help with a wedding dress malfunction and saved the night because if it wasn't for her, our first dance would have been a catastrophe. All the little "extras" Kimberly did to make our night special is something we will never forget. The food was incredible and the set up was beautiful. We would also like to thank Henry, he was very attentive with our guests and with us as well. The entire staff at the Hilton Garden Inn was very professional and friendly, we received a lot of great feedback from our guest about the reception and the staff. We would highly recommend this venue to others without blinking an eye.

Sent on 11/26/2012

The Hilton Garden Inn, Troy's reply:

Thank you so very much, Alicia (& Donna) for your kind words. It was an honor to be a chosen venue, a pleasure working with both of you in the planning process ( I'm still counting all the $1 bills ) and to be amongst the VIP's at the ceremony. I'm thrilled you both were finally able to relax on your very special day - you both looked totally fab! As I've mentioned in previous reviews, we have an awesome team over here - thrilled you were able to be a guest at your wedding. Congratulations again and heartfelt wishes for many, many happy years together!
    ~Kimberly Ryan, Catering Sales Manager
    Hilton Garden Inn, Troy

The entire staff was a pleasure to work with from the very beginning to the very end and afterwards! Everyone was very accommodating and made us feel comfortable and so special on our big day. We haven't heard anything but praises and compliments during and after the wedding, from the food to the way our guests were treated. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue for our special day.

Sent on 09/11/2012
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 08/11/2012

When My Husband and I first started looking we wanted an outside wedding and I was very stubborn about it!, until we met with Kim Ryan at the Hilton Garden Inn in Troy, NY. She turned our dream wedding into reality, With her out of the box ideas of making our outside wedding become a never been seen wedding at the HGI in troy. It was by far the wedding of OUR dreams. I can say that it's never been seen at the Hilton because I myself work there as a banquet server and have worked 90% of the weddings that we have held at the HGI, And I can be sure to tell you that I have NEVER seen one single wedding the same before. Each of them have their own special twist and not only because of the different tastes and ideas of other brides and grooms but with help of the AWESOME wait staff! Not only do they get creative to make sure that your reception table and desert display meet your expectations but they go well over the top to make it unique for every event!, and did I mention the salad parade? Yes ladies and gentleman they performed THE BEST salad parade that I have ever seen. line dancing with salad trays is far from easy but they pulled it off without a single mistake! Everyone who attended my wedding raved about how awesome it was to see a staff that big pull together something that awesome! I'm not even sure where to begin when it comes to explaining how helpful Kim is with planning she sure knows how to keep a bride in line and make Your dreams come true. Not only does she have great advice but she has great vendor list to choose from, like Gourmet confection for your cake or cupcakes, Conway Entertainment for your spectacular DJ service and night of dancing! and lastly Ambiance floral company who made our center pieces and all of my girls flowers absolutely beautiful! I can honestly say that our wedding never would of been our dream wedding if it wasn't for kim and her awesome team! I highly recommend Kim and her team to make YOUR special day more then perfect!

Sent on 10/29/2012

The Hilton Garden Inn, Troy's reply:

Oh, thank you so much, Y-vonne & Billy! You forgot to mention the John Deere Green Chocolate Fountain - I think Billy would have been happy if we only had that!!
    Your kind words are truly appreciated - as a client and a co-worker. It's always a trip to listen to what clients wish for their day and we try our best to exceed everyone's expectations. As you know, we have a "Bad-Ass" team - including yourself - and YOUR co-workers even surprised me with some special touches for you! Wishing you the very best for many years to come. Thank you, again, for your kind words to the entire team.

juli · Married on 07/21/2012

If I had to choose one word to describe my wedding experience at the Hilton it would be "perfect"  there is not one thing we would have done differently.
    Kim, our wedding coordinator was unbelievable. Right from the start she was willing to help with anything, answer the millions of questions i asked, and took care of any obstacles we came across.
    She made herself available to talk even when you ran into randomly outside of work. Everything that led up to the bug day left me very stress free and i was telling people how great it was even before the wedding reception.
    The day of the event as i said in the beginning was perfect. I know the Hilton cant control the weather but we couldn't have asked for better weather. I think the Hilton staff said a prayer or something for the weather we were blessed with.  We had our cocktail hour outside in the garden area which was absolutely gorgeous. The food was amazing and the drinks were flowing and everyone was enjoying themselves. And the Hilton was all set with a backup plan to have it inside if the weather didn't cooperate which again put us at ease so it wasn't something to worry about the day of the wedding.
    The dinner and reception was what can i say perfect too The tables, decorations, candy buffet were perfect. The Hilton staff did a surprise entrance just before dinner was served. It was amazing. all our guests were commenting on how awesome that was. The next part the food, was out of this world. Hats off to Carlos and his team. People are still raving about the beef and everything else.
    everything literally was just absolutely perfect.
    The Troy Hilton totally exceeded our expectations.
    Kim and her staff did a wonderful job. We can't thank them enough for helping to make our wedding day the best day of our lives and a day that will never be forgotten.

Sent on 09/24/2012

The Hilton Garden Inn, Troy's reply:

Thank you, Juli and Chris! I so enjoyed our Target chats and miss them!! thank you so very much for your kind words about our team. They're pretty awesome, that's for certain!
    We're thrilled to read your review and happy to hear both of you were happy from the time you entered the venue to taking the elevator upstairs.
    Congratulations again to you both and thank you for the privilege of assisting in the planning process with you and allowing me to coordinate the day! Best to you both.