The Henderson Reviews

81 Reviews for The Henderson

• Tara

Tara Grooms · Getting married on 10/02/2021

Wedding - February 2020

We had our wedding at The Henderson in February of 2020. Jillian was exceptional! From our first visit, to sending all the information I ever asked for, communicating with my coordinator and other vendors, to our weekend experience, it was flawless! They accommodated anything we needed help with and truly went above and beyond. I couldn't have imagined our wedding anywhere else!

Sent on 03/07/2020
  • Mark

Mark Schreiber · Getting married on 10/04/2020

Perfect Wedding

We booked our private wedding and honeymoon at the Henderson Park Inn sight unseen. Jillian made things very easy on us, the inn turned out to be the perfect venue and we couldn't have been more p leased. I would recommend Jillian and the Inn to anyone looking for a truly special locale and experience for their wedding.

Sent on 05/02/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Getting married on 09/18/2020

Great customer service!

We were in town for the weekend to plan our weekend and made an appointment with Jillian. She toured us around the entire property and showed us everything we could use for our wedding, wedding party and families. She was very professional, informative and helpful. We did decide to go another route with our wedding although we would highly recommend this property for a wedding, vacation or spa day. Jillian will be wonderful to help you plan your future wedding! Thank you for the wonderful customer service and accommodating us arriving early to the property!

Sent on 01/27/2020

Ashley King · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Wedding at The Henderson Beach Resort & Spa

My experience with The Henderson was incredible. The team is professional and extremely organized. They made sure my wedding was everything I could have dreamed of! 5 star service and 5 star execution on the day of my wedding.

Sent on 05/31/2019
  • HHShell

HHShell · Getting married on 04/11/2020

Amazing wedding weekend!

The Henderson was the perfect venue for our wedding festivities! With the help of our wedding planner, florist, and the excellent staff at The Henderson, everything went off without a hitch. We enjoyed our rehearsal dinner in Primrose, wedding ceremony on the Grand Lawn, cocktail hour on the Rooftop Terrace, and reception in the Crystal Ballroom. And of course gathering for drinks and snacks at Horizons or taking a dip in the pool and hot tub in between or after all the festivities. It was such a gorgeous venue to celebrate our special weekend, and it had all the accommodations without any need to leave the premises! I would definitely recommend The Henderson for anyone planning a wedding, reunion, party, or just a weekend getaway! And did I mention the Salamander Spa!?!

Sent on 02/24/2020

Amanda · Married on 02/22/2020

Amazing Experience!

I had the best experience at The Henderson. The resort is absolutely beautiful and everyone who works there is really friendly. Jillian was amazing to work with for helping to plan my wedding, she answered all my questions and had a quick response.

Sent on 03/08/2020

Ashley Pettis · Married on 02/20/2020

Over the top

Jillian was such a great help, throughout the whole planning process. I want to give special thanks to her, the front desk team member Anna and the bellhop men. They treated us very well, will the help of you all it definitely was a memorable moment.

Sent on 03/22/2020
  • Audrey

Audrey · Married on 12/07/2019

The Most Magical Day Of My Life

Before I get into how amazing my big day was, let me start this off by giving a well deserved thank you to Megan Clements. From special ordering a beer that my husband loves, to helping me figure out how to bustle my dress (don't get me started on her battle with the bottle no one could open!), Megan went above and beyond for my big day throughout the entire planning process and on the day of. So, THANK YOU Megan. I truly could not have asked for a better person to have put everything together.

Now! Onto the venue. We opted for the intimate wedding package, and it was an absolute dream! We had about 30 or so attendees, with our ceremony on the Sunset Vista (the photos are breathtaking!), and the reception in the ballrooms. Our wedding was December 07 with an elegant Christmas theme. The decorations throughout The Henderson were gorgeous! So many beautiful pictures. During our reception, there was a gingerbread house reveal, and a staff member was so kind to come grab me and my husband to take some photos with Santa before he left. What a fun experience!

As for the food, the menu tasting was a great experience, and the food was spectacular! Even the house wine exceeded my expectations. In addition to the wine, they allowed us to have a "signature cocktail" at the bar and they crushed it! We received so many compliments on our Christmas themed cocktail, as well as the food! Even the on site restaurants were amazing. My mother and I went downstairs to have breakfast at Horizons on my wedding day, and the salmon bagel was so delicious that I ordered it again the next day!

I could go on about how fantastic my wedding was at The Henderson, but I'll do my best to summarize: the people, the food, and venue exceeded my expectations in every way, and it was absolutely the best day of my life. ❤️

Sent on 12/18/2019

Lauren · Married on 11/23/2019

Amazing! We loved the henderson and jillian!

My Husband and I cannot say enough good things about The Henderson as well as Jillian and her team. They FAR BEYOND exceeded our expectations. Jillian and I communicated back and forth for over a year and she quickly responded to any of my questions or requests I ever had. They accommodated our needs from beginning to end. Our special day would not have been what it was without her helping us plan it and making sure every finishing touch was absolute perfection. I keep telling everyone that I am SO PLEASED with the wedding venue I chose and keep having guests rave to me about how much they enjoyed their time at our wedding and their stay at The Henderson! There are several people who told me they plan to return there next time they stay at the beach because they were so impressed. Again, if any bride is looking for an AMAZING and jaw dropping venue with an absolute DREAM TEAM of people to coordinate your perfect day, look no farther than The Henderson Beach Resort and Jillian and her team, they are an absolute BLESSING!!!! We are so thankful to them for going above and beyond for us before, during and after the wedding planning process. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Sent on 12/15/2019

Abby Jensen · Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing venue--great experience from start to finish!

If you are looking for a venue that makes the entire wedding planning process seamless from start to finish, The Henderson is the place for you. The event staff (Megan, in particular) was so helpful in answering all of our questions, showing us different areas around the resort to help bring our vision to life and working with us up until the moment we walked down the aisle to make little tweaks to accommodate our guests.

Obviously, the resort itself is beautiful, but the food was delicious as well. Many of our guests told us it was some of the best food they have had at a wedding. There were so many great options to choose from when picking our menu, it was hard to decide!

The Henderson thought of EVERYTHING (the staff even brought out blankets to use during the reception since the weather was chillier than anticipated!), and, looking back, we would not have changed a thing about our entire day.

Sent on 11/11/2019

Dina Girgis · Married on 10/19/2019

Highly recommend!

Beautiful venue for a reception. The staff went above and beyond to make sure the bride and groom had everything they needed. The coordinator, Jillian, was professional, patient and extremely helpful!

Sent on 11/09/2019
  • W

Whitney Henderson · Married on 10/12/2019

Beautiful Venue

We enjoyed every minute of our reception at The Henderson Resort. Top notch everything. Jillian was great to work with, made sure everything was perfect, and helped wherever I needed. Perfect beyond measure!

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/06/2019

Wonderful!

Megan was a pleasure to work with! She was extremely responsive and made sure everything ran smoothly from the moment we signed the contract to the wedding night. We couldn’t have Picked a better venue, or team!

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 10/04/2019

The perfect venue, the perfect people!

I had been looking for a venue high and low and kept striking out, until I visiting the Henderson. Planning a destination wedding here could not have gone smoother. Jillian was AMAZING! Seriously. She answered all of my super obnoxious emails even up until the very morning of the wedding; when all I wanted was a Bloody Mary and man did she deliver. I had so much fun working with her throughout the whole experience. And the Henderson itself - sooo so beautiful. Breathtaking. Wedding on the beachside green and reception on the rooftop was perfect!!!

Sent on 12/14/2019
  • Kaylyn

Kaylyn Smith · Married on 09/13/2019

Outstanding

Our ceremony was the most amazing experience. Jillian answered all of my questions (believe me.. there were many) and she helped bring our vision to life. It was perfect!

-Kaylyn

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Holly

Holly · Married on 09/07/2019

The Henderson van make al of your wedding dreams come true!

We had an outstanding experience with The Henderson. They were prompt, professional, and so helpful for making sure the big day went off without a hitch. The facilities, ceremony and reception areas at The Henderson are beautiful. We received so many compliments on the wedding. Jillian, the wedding coordinator at The Henderson, was super sweet and a pleasure to work with. She kept me in the loop of anything and everything from the moment we signed a contract with The Henderson and made the process so easy. Between her and our wedding planner, Sherri, I literally had zero stress on the wedding day! Highly recommend this venue and getting married at The Henderson!

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing experience

Megan and her team at the Henderson exceeded all of our expectations. Megan was an absolute pleasure to work with from the very beginning and her communication could not have been better. The venue is stunning and the service is top notch. The food was amazing! Our guests enjoyed every second. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • Mary

Mary Schoch · Married on 07/25/2019

Henderson Beach Resort Wedding

We were married on the private beach at the Henderson. Megan Clements, the Wedding Sales Manager, was amazing. She took care of every detail and even helped me organize a surprise for my husband's birthday which was the day after. I will also note we were out of state, over 9 hours away, and she made planning very easy. She even helped me change the day of our wedding at the last minute due to storms and rain. Thanks Megan and the Henderson Beach Resort for a day we will never forget!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Denee · Married on 06/29/2019

Wedding Experience

I stayed at The Henderson the weekend of June 28th and got married at The Henderson on the 29th. From the planning of my wedding to the actual day, everything was perfect. Megan worked with me and answered my many questions whenever I asked. She was patient and thorough and provided me with awesome vendors that made my day perfect.
    The resort was accommodating to my guests and provided whatever I needed. All of the hotel staff were pleasant and always helped with a smile. I was very pleased and would definitely recommend Megan and The Henderson as a wedding venue.

Sent on 07/04/2019
  • Ann

Ann Dillas · Married on 06/24/2019

Our wedding was fairytale perfect!

Our wedding on the beach with the Henderson Resort far exceeded all of our expectations! Everyone we worked with provided excellent service. I cannot say enough positive things about Jillian and her team. The wedding was a complete fairy tale with absolutely no stress. It far exceeded my expectations and anything I every dreamed would be possible. I highly recommend the Henderson, Jillian and the rest of the team to anyone wanting to hold the perfect wedding!

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Jprimadtown

Jen · Married on 06/20/2019

Attentive staff, delicious food and amazing venue

I was married on the beach at the Henderson Park Inn on June 20, 2019 and every aspect of the wedding was amazing. The staff at HPI worked directly with my wedding planner to ensure every detail of the ceremony and reception was perfect. The food was amazing, and I have a couple of picky kids in the family and even they loved it! The beach was nicely groomed and the lawn area for the reception was well maintained. And the bridal suite where my bridesmaids and I got ready was beautiful and accommodating. Overall, our experience at HPI was wonderful and our wedding was simply magical.

Sent on 06/28/2019
  • KIM

KIM R BORDEAUX · Married on 06/15/2019

Exceptional Attention to Detail

We were treated like royalty. I did not have to worry about a thing. Megan Clements even stayed through the evening to ensure everything was handled.

Sent on 06/07/2019

Angie Garibaldi · Married on 06/15/2019

Picture Perfect

Our wedding at The Henderson was just as we imagined! The event coordinator was fabulous and helped us select our vendors and pull together all the details. The resort itself is beautiful, and the staff is extremely attentive. Our wedding was in the lawn and couldn’t have been more picturesque with the green grass, blue skies, and white columns. The dinner was also in the lawn and so delicious, and the kids enjoyed making s’mores in the fire pit. I’d definitely recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Candice

Candice Snow · Married on 06/10/2019

The Most Beautiful and Romantic Venue in Destin

Henderson Park Inn exceeded all of our expectations in every way. The venue is absolutely gorgeous!!! Our coordinator and Wedding Sales Manager, Jillian was so responsive and went above and beyond to make our day absolutely amazing. We were planning our wedding from Ohio, and she made it so incredibly easy. The weather took a turn for the worse when we were due to start the ceremony and they were more than accommodating in moving times, making suggestions and alternate plans, and getting our guests where they needed to be when the weather finally broke so we could have our dream wedding on Henderson’s beach. Thank you to everyone at Henderson Park Inn for making our wedding such a memorable day!!!

Sent on 06/13/2019
  • 💗

Brittnay · Married on 04/13/2019

I'm so happy I picked the Henderson!

The Henderson became my dream wedding venue easily. Jillian is amazing, she is very responsive and accommodating. The day of my wedding, I did not have to worry about anything. I would not change anything.

Sent on 04/29/2019