The Henderson Reviews

The Henderson 7
  • Mark

Mark Schreiber · Getting married on 10/04/2020

Perfect Wedding

We booked our private wedding and honeymoon at the Henderson Park Inn sight unseen. Jillian made things very easy on us, the inn turned out to be the perfect venue and we couldn't have been more p leased. I would recommend Jillian and the Inn to anyone looking for a truly special locale and experience for their wedding.

Sent on 05/02/2019
    The Henderson 8

Ashley King · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Wedding at The Henderson Beach Resort & Spa

My experience with The Henderson was incredible. The team is professional and extremely organized. They made sure my wedding was everything I could have dreamed of! 5 star service and 5 star execution on the day of my wedding.

Sent on 05/31/2019
  • KIM

KIM R BORDEAUX · Married on 06/15/2019

Exceptional Attention to Detail

We were treated like royalty. I did not have to worry about a thing. Megan Clements even stayed through the evening to ensure everything was handled.

Sent on 06/07/2019
    The Henderson 9
    The Henderson 10
    The Henderson 11
    The Henderson 12
  • Candice

Candice Snow · Married on 06/10/2019

The Most Beautiful and Romantic Venue in Destin

Henderson Park Inn exceeded all of our expectations in every way. The venue is absolutely gorgeous!!! Our coordinator and Wedding Sales Manager, Jillian was so responsive and went above and beyond to make our day absolutely amazing. We were planning our wedding from Ohio, and she made it so incredibly easy. The weather took a turn for the worse when we were due to start the ceremony and they were more than accommodating in moving times, making suggestions and alternate plans, and getting our guests where they needed to be when the weather finally broke so we could have our dream wedding on Henderson’s beach. Thank you to everyone at Henderson Park Inn for making our wedding such a memorable day!!!

Sent on 06/13/2019
    The Henderson 13
    The Henderson 14
  • 💗

Brittnay · Married on 04/13/2019

I'm so happy I picked the Henderson!

The Henderson became my dream wedding venue easily. Jillian is amazing, she is very responsive and accommodating. The day of my wedding, I did not have to worry about anything. I would not change anything.

Sent on 04/29/2019

Erin Kiker · Married on 03/29/2019

Expectations Far Exceeded

The Henderson could not have been a more perfect setting for our wedding. Throughout every aspect of the wedding planning process, my expectations were exceeded. Jillian McCarthy, wedding coordinator, is absolutely phenomenal to work with and made the experience so easy. I am forever grateful to her for her professionalism, patience and expertise. She was a joy to work with!

Sent on 04/12/2019

Jill · Married on 11/03/2018

Picture perfect wedding

Working with Jillian and the entire Henderson team was a pleasure. They had so many great ideas about how to make the whole weekend special for my guests and accommodated all of the requests my groom and I made. Cocktails served prior to the ceremony? Hand rolled sushi station? Additional heaters to warm up our guests? Check check check! We loved the resort before we got married there and can’t wait to celebrate anniversaries there for years to come.

Sent on 11/16/2018

Justin Oh · Married on 10/27/2018

Wedding at Henderson Hotel

Quality of hotel and service from advisor - Jillian!

Sent on 12/04/2018
  • Judy

Judy Mosley · Married on 10/26/2018

Judy M mother of the groom

The Henderson was awesome. The food was delicious! The staff amazing, professional and did a great job on my sons rehearsal dinner. We chose the sunset vista deck. It was perfect the view unreal and Jillian our coordinator was fantastic! Thank you for making a very special occasion so wonderful!

Sent on 11/09/2018
  • Lindsay

Lindsay Burkes Smith · Married on 10/26/2018

The BEST beach wedding venue ever!!!!!

The Henderson and their staff are AMAZING!!!!!! I was always told great things before we decided to have our wedding there and they went above and beyond for our every want, need and expectation! Our entire wedding couldn’t have been any better! It’s a day we will never forget and we can’t wait to visit The Henderson again for our 1 year anniversary! The entire resort is amazing. You won’t be sorry by picking this venue and staff. I was nervous about planning a destination wedding 8 hours away but they made it SO easy and simple and fun!!!!!

Sent on 01/25/2019
    The Henderson 27
    The Henderson 28

MB and LB · Married on 10/13/2018

Outstanding in all aspects

Jillian was outstanding in helping us have the wedding of our dreams. She helped in all aspects of the event, and kept us up to date and informed along the entire process. She has a great attention to detail, and everything went exactly as planned! The Henderson is truly a beautiful resort with all of the amenities and luxuries you could want. Spectacular views and stately rooms made all of our family feel special. The beach was perfect. Everyone on staff was professional, courteous and went out of their way to make sure our needs were met. We will definitely recommend The Henderson for anyone looking for a dream beach wedding and will be visiting for years to come!

Sent on 10/31/2018
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 10/13/2018

Flawless Weddinng after Hurricane Michael

I couldn’t ask for a better venue to have had my wedding at! The Henderson went above and beyond to make sure I was happy on my big day. They were so accomodating and reassuring the week leading up to Saturday (as Michael was making its way to Florida). The team there kept my nerves calm and couldn’t have been more professional! Loved my experience there and want to be back soon!

Sent on 10/31/2018
    The Henderson 33
    The Henderson 34

Leah · Married on 10/06/2018

Gorgeous!

The Henderson was a dream come true for our wedding! Every detail was easily managed working with the team there. We originally planned our entire wedding with Kathryn, a month before they had a change and Jillian came into the picture, all I can say is WOW! I was extremely nervous with the change so close to the day, but Jillian was a pro! She slipped right in, familiarized herself with all my information and my day was perfect!! We used the Hendersons catering, we were overwhelmed with every selection we chose, the food was to die for. The Henderson gave me my fairytale wedding, the decor of the hotel alone is perfect and beautiful. We planned our rehearsal dinner, cocktail party, wedding and the reception all on the hotel grounds. We were locals during the time, we had lots of options, but nothing was more perfect than the Henderson. Our guests are still raving about the hotel and the wedding! Many of our guests plan to make the Henderson a vacation spot in the future.

Sent on 12/02/2018

Amanda · Married on 08/28/2018

From the time we arrived at The Henderson to the time we left, everything was absolutely perfect. We wouldn't change a thing. Looking forward to another visit in the future!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Erin · Married on 05/19/2018

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Henderson Beach Resort. The venue was stunning! We elected to have the ceremony on the sunset terrace with breathtaking views. Our guests raved about the food and the gorgeous property. Kathryn worked with us through every detail of the day in a timely and organized manner. She accommodated the numerous requests we had associated with the decor and food. She was wonderful to work with!! This is an amazing wedding venue!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Brooke · Married on 04/27/2018

The Henderson was such a gorgeous venue to choose for our weddung. We did a beach ceremony, cocktail hour on the beach, and reception in the ballroom. We had multiple guests tell us it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended. The food was spectacular, and the staff was very professional and accommodating. Kathryn, the special events manager / catering manager, was particularly great, regularly checking in with us all weekend to make sure everything was perfect. Overall, we would highly recommend the Henderson to anyone planning their wedding.

Sent on 05/21/2018

N · Married on 03/17/2018

I came to The Henderson for a friend's wedding a few weeks ago, and I was blown away by how perfect everything was! The staff are friendly and accommodating, our rooms were beautiful and so relaxing, and the wedding venue and staff made the wedding go off without a hitch. We look forward to going back to hang out by the pool and ocean and not be rushed with wedding activities!

Sent on 04/11/2018
  • Q

Q · Married on 11/11/2017

We had my wedding ceremony and reception here. The staff are amazingly friendly and helpful and the location is stunning. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Ralph · Married on 08/26/2017

We were very blessed having the chance to book Henderson Park Resort. They might be in the higher price range, but wow the service that you get is amazing. Kathryn Lynch was our event manager and she was very attentive and on point before the big weekend. She lived through the Rehearsal and Wedding day with us and was there at every point in time, which we had not expected, but what was amazing. The Resort itself was excellent, which we knew from when we were looking for vendors and decided to go with Henderson Park Resort (and the Inn for the most stunning ceremony you could imagine). The tasting dinner we received was outstanding and such an amazing experience in itself. That time and the wedding weekend every employee knew who we were and were congratulating us, they knew our names even we had not met them. That's attention to detail! The day after the wedding we got to enjoy an amazing breakfast from one of the suites with the beautiful view over the park and the ocean. Relaxing at Henderson is easy :-). Btw the rehearsal dinner was on the sunset vista patio on top of the roof, that location is dynamite, look no further for your rehearsal dinner. Overall it was great!

Sent on 09/24/2017

April · Married on 07/09/2017

I absolutely loved working with Kathryn and her team at the Henderson. I was a destination bride and they made the planning process so easy. She was always in contact even after the wedding. I can't say enough good things about the venue, food(Amazing) or staff. I travel often and The Henderson by far surpasses any place I have been.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Lexy · Married on 05/12/2017

The Henderson is a pricey venue, But I would use their place over again in a heartbeat. The staff was wonderful to work with. Kathryn and I emailed for months leading up to the wedding, and she answered any questions I had and was very informative. While the resort was in the construction phase, she was still able to get us in the building to take a look at what our reception space would look like and also toured us around the entire resort. This place is absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 05/21/2017

Gale · Married on 03/25/2017

It has been almost a full year since my daughter's wedding at the Henderson in March of 2017 and I am as thrilled today as I was last year with the whole experience. We 'found' the Henderson before the new resort was even open, so were thrilled to be one of the first weddings on the property. What immediately sold me was the "one stop shopping' offered by the Henderson. I was able to choose from a wedding package that worked for our budget and then, that was it - the full price included so many things that other venues up and down 30A priced a la carte. There were no last minute add on costs incurred on the day of the wedding. Kathryn Lynch, catering and event manager, was with us from the beginning, and she was the ultimate professional! She was through and attentive and never flustered. We were able to fine tune our experience based on what my daughter needed/wanted for the day, and Kathryn was great about thinking of the things we had not thought of. We rented the Hagerman Suite for the bridal party to use and it was a perfect set up for the day. The entire staff at the Henderson is attentive, and they go to great lengths to make sure that everyone on staff (particularly front desk) know the details of the day in case a guest has a question about anything regarding the day's schedule. (Again, this is due to Kathryn's attention to detail). This is truly a venue that plans the day WITH you and works to create the special day YOU want. They work hard to accommodate the bride rather than the bride bending to fit into a cookie cutter wedding package. I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 02/20/2018

Ashley · Married on 09/26/2015

We used Henderson beach state park for our wedding ceremony location. It was gorgeous and very professional! We had an amazingly special wedding!

Sent on 11/18/2015

April · Married on 09/29/2018

The Henderson made our wedding a day we won’t forget. The overall process of planning was pretty easy (especially for a destination wedding), they were easy to get ahold of and very flexible in making changes as the day approached. Multiple guests have told us it was “the best wedding food they have ever had!” And the service was top notch. If we did it all over again we would do it the same- at The Henderson. And we plan to celebrate our anniversaries there!

Sent on 10/12/2018
    The Henderson 35
    The Henderson 36
    The Henderson 37
    The Henderson 38

deborah · Married on 07/14/2018

We just had a wedding ceremony at the Henderson it was absolutely Wonderfull and very calming for the new couple and all of the guests Kathryn and her staff where excellent Michael the photographer and sherri the wedding planner work great together they where always there and within reach There where no issues because of the great job they all did Heidi the cake lady made us a wonder full great tasting cake and the dj was great I would highly recomend the Henderson its very well worth it and the whole staff at the resort are very accomadating Thank you Kathryn and staff. Mike/Debbie

Sent on 07/20/2018