The Hawthorns Golf and Country Club Reviews

61 Reviews for The Hawthorns Golf and Country Club

• Katlyn

Katlyn Gray · Getting married on 10/30/2021

Venue Visit

We had a great experience touring the venue! She was able to answer all of our questions and provide us a proposal as within the hour.

Sent on 08/24/2019

Janice Futter · Married on 05/18/2019

Beautiful venue, amazing food, professional, accommodating and friendly staff

My daughter’s wedding was beautiful and the day went flawlessly thanks to Natalie and Matt and the rest of the Hawthorns Team. Perfect perfect day, love the Hawthorns!!!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Kelly · Married on 10/15/2016

I got married at the Hawthorns October 15, 2016 and it was absolutely beautiful! They really made everything go smoothly the day of. We worked with Abby, who seemed a little spacey, but very friendly; she made sure we had everything we could want/need throughout the day. They do food and drinks onsite, so no need for a caterer! Everything was delicious! We had the ceremony on the patio outside and the reception inside. Everything was stunning, we have received so many compliments, even weeks later on how perfect everything was!

Sent on 11/07/2016

My daughter's wedding at Hawthorn's Golf & Country Club was beautiful and just what she had dreamed of. Shay Hoffman was very easy to work with and accommodating with last minute changes. The staff during the wedding ceremony setup and reception was attentive to all our needs. All of our guests raved about the food. I would HIGHLY recommend Hawthorn's to family and friends.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Tara · Married on 10/18/2014

I am a professional wedding planner who has worked at many venues throughout the Indianapolis area and I can honestly say The Hawthorns is one of my favorite venues in town! Their ballroom is not only classy, but it will take your breath away once you see it set for your event! Their amazing service and attention to detail will far surpass your expectations. Caroline and her staff were great to work with throughout the planning process and the day of the event! I will continue to send my brides to this venue knowing they will be well taken care of!

Melinda · Married on 10/18/2014

The Hawthorns Golf and Country Club was a beautiful place for our son's wedding. Caroline was great to work with, quick to respond and assist with all of our needs.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Alyssa · Married on 10/04/2014

My husband and I used The Hawthorns for our ceremony and reception. Caroline Myers, one of the event planners, helped make the day run flawlessly. She was accommodating to our updates in regards to total numbers, specific meal choices, and bar changes. She was expedient in her responses and sent us updated totals whenever we had changes in our invoice, which helped plan accordingly so we could see where our money was going specifically. Closer to the big day, she coordinated with some of our other vendors to give them details about setup, seating, timing, etc. Three days before our wedding, we had to decide whether or not to have our ceremony moved from outside to inside (due to cold weather and possible rain). Caroline helped us with ordering a drape and runner, as well as ensuring that the indoor ceremony space was set up beautifully. On the day of the event, the entire staff made sure that the wedding party, families and guests were all taken care of. Everything ran smoothly and the servers got salads and dinner out to all guests efficiently. The staff coordinated with our other vendors (flowers, DJ, officiant, photographers) to ensure everyone was on the same page so that there were no issues throughout the day and night. It was wonderful as a bride to sit back, enjoy the day and not have to worry setting up decorations, favors, tables, ceremony space, etc., because the staff took care of all of this for us- and did it well! My husband and I would recommend The Hawthorns to future couples looking for a classic venue without having to spend an arm and a leg.

Sent on 10/28/2014

The Hawthorns Golf and Country Club was a beautiful venue for a wedding reception. I was extremely pleased with how the night turned out. The banquet room was perfect for the 200 people, giving plenty of room inbetween tables. The country club made you feel as if you were a member yourself. I felt like our wedding reception was a priority to all. The club was extremely flexible and allowed us to visit as many times as we needed before the big day. They never once made me feel like I could not trust them - they took care of everything on time and how I wished. I would highly recommend the club to any future bride.

Sent on 10/30/2014

The Hawthorns Golf and Country Club was an easy selection for my reception. The place is absolutely beautiful for one, but the staff is so welcoming, especially Caroline. I am extremely grateful that Caroline managed my reception. Not only is Caroline experienced and able to help keep track of all the details of the wedding, but she also made it fun. She was extremely easy to talk to and was more than willing to answer all questions; she made me feel like our reception was a priority not only to the venue, but her as well. Also, I was extremely grateful for the flexibility of the club. Working in events myself, I was pleased to find out that the Hawthorns allows you to bring in decor of your own. They did not force you to use their rental options, which just showed me how they appreciated our business and were not out to gain more. I truly have no complaint about the club or staff. I would do my wedding all over again at the Hawthorns Golf and Country Club. I thank them for all their services.

Sent on 10/30/2014

The Hawthorns Golf and Country Club was the perfect place for our wedding reception! Staff was amazing, food was excellent and they were always responsive when we had questions.

Sent on 10/05/2014

Shannon · Married on 08/09/2014

I can't express enough how absolutely perfect this venue was in hosting our wedding. To the staff at the Hawthorns, especially Dayna and Caroline, thank you so much! We had a stunning, and stress free, reception because of all your hard work, and can't thank you enough!

Sent on 08/12/2014

The Hawthorns Golf and Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much Shannon! You were so fun to work with!! By far one of the most beautiful weddings we have EVER seen!

Megan · Married on 06/14/2014

We had a wonderful experience with the Hawthorns. Our budget was average, but the prices at the Hawthorns allowed us to provide some great amenities for our guests. The room is beautiful and all of our outside vendors were very familiar with the space, which meant that I didn't have to worry about a thing regarding set up. Our guests raved about the food, the staff and loved the lay out with two balconies for outdoor seating. Some guests even noted that they would consider using the venue for their own events. The only issue we had was that guests in the back of the room had a hard time hearing speeches given in the front of the room. Everyone was wonderful and I was able to relax b/c the staff had everything under control. I even lost my diamond necklace and earrings as we were packing up but the staff found them and saved them for me to pick up the next day. Don't hesitate to make this your #1 choice in venues for your event!

Sent on 07/30/2014

The Hawthorns Golf and Country Club's reply:

Thank you, Megan! We loved having you and your guests here :)

Kathy · Married on 05/03/2014

We were thrilled with the way the room looked for the wedding. We took a lot of good advice from Dayna about table positions and it worked beautifully.
    The bartenders were friendly and went out of their way to make drinks to taste. The food for 210 people came out hot and very tasty. Many of our guests commented on
    the quality of the meal. I strongly recommend going to the appetizer and dinner tastings. It was an added bonus to have the table cloth, napkin and sash selections there
    at the appetizer tasting in addition to some other vendors for ideas.

Sent on 06/10/2014

Nikki · Married on 11/09/2013

The Hawthorns was fabulous during the whole planning process and for my reception. The service, food, facility, staff, etc were impeccable and made the whole day stress free. Kelly Letzler was extremely responsive and accommodating even when I sent her a ton of emails with question after question. I would highly recommend The Hawthorns for your wedding. You won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 02/05/2014

Our wedding at the Hawthorns Golf and Country Club was amazing! Kelly Letzler made everything so easy, right from the beginning of the planning process! The food was fantastic- our guests could not stop talking about the delicious food and cake that was served! I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone needing a wedding or event venue!

Sent on 11/20/2013

Kathryn · Married on 10/19/2013

Our wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to The Hawthorns Golf & Country Club! Not only was staff helpful and patient with all of the pre-wedding planning and worrying, but the actual day of the event they had everything control and we did not have to worry about a thing! Exceptionally happy we chose The Hawthorns and they helped make our special day unforgettable!!

Sent on 10/25/2013

L · Married on 10/12/2013

Kelly did a great job working with our complex set up! They did a fantastic job! I was very pleased with how they did the set up. The food was spectacular!! Everyone enjoyed it! The servers were delightful and delivered outstanding customer service!

The Hawthorns was a beautiful venue and the staff made us feel like it was our home for the day and evening. Great job! Best place in Indianapolis area to have an event!!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Kelly was great to work with! She made the day less stressful and everything was seamless. She is very organized and professional. The venue is beautiful and there is plenty of room for the guest to move around.

Sent on 10/23/2013

We had our ceremony and reception at the Hawthorns. Kelly, the coordinator at the Hawthorns, was absolutely great to work with. She answered all of my questions and emails quickly and was very flexible and able to meet on my schedule. My wedding day went perfectly smoothly and she even walked us through our rehearsal when our officiant couldn't be there. The venue was beautiful and there are lots of different backdrops for pictures.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Courtney · Married on 07/27/2013

The Hawthorns was by far our favorite venue and we toured 5-6. The staff was very caring, responsive, accommodating, and made our day that much more special. The facility is absolutely beautiful and we hosted our rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, and reception there. Not to mention the food was fabulous! Thank you Kelly and Hawthorn staff for all of your hard work and service!!
    The Brock's.

Sent on 09/18/2013

Tom and Kathy · Married on 07/20/2013

Kelly was professional from start to finish...from the information gathering phase to the estimated cost and finally to the execution of the event! She coordinated all aspects/details of our daughter's wedding reception calmly and exactly as we requested. We knew the evening would go well when we saw her outside waiting for us to arrive and to greet our guests. The facility was beautiful and the food was fantastic! So many of our guests commented on the quality of the food. I really can't say enough good things about Kelly and the Hawthorns. She and the Hawthorns exceeded our expectations! I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone that wants a beautiful event venue with a professional and kind catering manager/coordinator.

Sent on 08/01/2013

Chantelle · Married on 06/15/2013

Kelly was absolutely exceptional. Our wedding day could not have been as amazing if it wasn't for her and the Hawthorns! Thank you!

Sent on 06/27/2013

Allison · Married on 05/11/2013

The Hawthorns Golf and Country Club was the absolute best place to have our wedding! They were easy to work with, flexible, willing to work within our budget and gave us better customer service than we ever could have imagined! We would recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 05/22/2013

Sidney · Married on 03/23/2013

We absolutely chose the right venue when we picked the Hawthorns Country Club. Our wedding day turned out EVEN BETTER than we could have hoped. Dayna & Kelly went above and beyond on our wedding day and in the months prior. We made many changes and they always handled everything with a smile! Like any bride, I random questions popping up & they were great about responding to our emails & easing our minds throughout the planning process.

After our wedding we received TONS of compliments about how wonderful the staff was at our wedding. In addition, we have TONS of compliments about our food!! JUST AMAZING! Plus, the venue is gorgeous.. we were able to take pictures on the golf course. We chose to have our wedding inside & the staff flipped the room in a matter of 15 minutes. VERY FAST!

The day of our wedding my bridal party arrived at the venue at 10am. We found a room with drinks, ice, menus & a staff member waiting to ask us if we would like to order mimosas. Throughout the morning we relaxed, had our hair & make-up done, had snacks, got ready, listened to music,and even got to watch the progression as everything got set-up. The staff was so kind as we walked around the venue & ooh-ed & ahh-ed as they set things up throughout the day.

As the wedding began we found that Dayna & Kelly were on top of EVERYTHING. When the groom & I exited the ceremony we were met with smiles from Dayna & Kelly in our little hiding corner before pictures began. They brought us each a drink & some snacks while we waited for the ceremony room to clear. Dayna & Kelly along with the rest of the staff made sure that we had anything we needed. After we had our reception entrance the staff even made sure that our drinks made it to the head table for us.

I am a VERY anxious person & I have never been more relaxed in my life than I was on my wedding day. It was the best day ever & we have the wonderful staff at the Hawthorns Country club to thank for that!

Sent on 05/22/2013

Natalie · Married on 02/17/2013

We came to the Hawthorns after our previously chosen ceremony/reception venue fell through due to horrible customer service. Not only is the venue beautiful, timeless & classy, but the staff at the Hawthorns was EXTREMELY flexible and willing to work with us on a short(er) notice. They were so accommodating throughout the entire planning experience. They were also very professional and always responded to e-mails and phone calls within 1 or 2 days. The wedding day/night went perfectly smooth thanks to the Hawthorns staff. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend the Hawthorns as a ceremony/reception location to any bride & groom.

Sent on 02/25/2013