The Guild Event Venue Reviews

14 Reviews for The Guild Event Venue

• Heather

Heather · Married on 06/21/2019

So Impressed!

The Guild offered us such a magical backdrop for our big day! The outdoor area combined with the incredible indoor decor and setting offered a picture-perfect setting without looking like it was trying too hard. Stephanie and her staff have absolutely everything under control from start to finish which gave me a huge sense of ease throughout the entire process. Stephanie is always on every little detail and wants to be sure that your day is perfect. Thank you so much for making our day memorable, fun, and absolutely stunning

Sent on 07/18/2019

Haley · Married on 12/16/2017

The Guild was the PERFECT place to host our wedding reception! The minute I stepped inside to tour I knew that this was the perfect fit. Not only is the venue stunning, but the staff, the bar packages and the amenities were beyond compare. All night and for weeks after, my husband and I received praise that it was the best wedding ever and I think that is mostly in part of the Guild. A special shout out to Stephanie who did a lot of the behind the scene work ahead of time to make sure our day ran as smoothly as possible. Go with the Guild...you won't regret it!

Sent on 02/05/2018

Taylar · Married on 09/29/2017

This is a must! If you are in KC this is the most beautiful and unique place to host an event. The event space made for a present surprise for out guests. The outside of the venue is very subtile. however when guests enter, they are greeted with an elaborate and luxurious interior. Centered in this space is a large antique chandelier that gives the room a warm feeling, and lovely garden in the back of the venue.

Stephanie was great to work with! She was very responsive and has the great ability to ensure you feel comfortable about your event. She was able to provide a number of recommendations for local vendors and touches that we hadn't thought of. The venue set the stage for our beautiful wedding.

Sent on 10/05/2017

Bailey · Married on 04/23/2016

We are getting married in April and having both our ceremony and reception at the Guild and cannot wait!! Neile and Paul have been so great to work with thus far and we feel very lucky to have found both a beautiful, unique event space AND great service!!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Rachel · Married on 01/02/2015

The Guild is a gem tucked in the heart of Kansas City and created the perfect backdrop for our wedding reception. We wanted something classy, elegant, yet not stuffy. The Guild is a fun space that feels cozy and could work for casual or elegant events. As much as I loved the space when I visited it during the day, nothing could have prepared me for how beautiful and inviting it would be at night! Neile was great to work with, and we were grateful to be able to bring in any food, band, and floral vendors without being charged for them by the event space.

Sent on 07/09/2015

Micaela and Mason · Married on 12/06/2014

Neile and Paul were tremendous! First of all, the space is breathtaking. We received so many compliments about the space and set up. Neile went above and beyond to help us get everything set up that day, which is not in her job description! In addition, they were sure to stock the bar with my dad's favorite drink. A nice perk for him before his big speech. We cannot thank you enough for the services you provided. It is no wonder this is the top reception venue in KC.

Thank you!

Sent on 02/03/2015

Nathan · Married on 08/16/2014

Great space and amazing people at The Guild. We had our ceremony outdoors in their green space and the ceremony inside. Throughout everything Neile and Paul were fantastic and very responsive. Seriously can't say anything but great things about the people and the space. We had an incredible number of people tell us it was the best wedding they had ever been to.

Sent on 09/16/2014

Lea · Married on 04/26/2014

Our wedding reception was amazing, not only because of the space at the Guild but because of the people that run the Guild. They made everything fit our requests and had it set up in advance and took care of a lot of the cleanup. We had approximately 200 for a seated dinner and everything fit perfectly. The whole evening exceeded my expectations and its completely because of the venue and the individuals that work there that made the night go off without a hitch.

Sent on 05/27/2014

Betsy · Married on 08/25/2012

WOW! What a beautiful venue. Exactly what our son and his fiance had in mind to fit their urban-chic style. Cocktail hour in the green space and the beautiful interior of this carefully renovated "jewel" in the Crossroads District made their wedding reception a night to remember.

Sent on 08/26/2012

We used The Guild for our ceremony and reception and I could not be more pleased with how everything went. The staff was amazing. They went above and beyond to make our day perfect. From the day off coordinators to the bartenders, everyone was very nice and helpful. The event space is beautiful and definitely one of a kind in Kansas City, the price for renting the space for the day was just slightly over my budget but it was worth it when we barely had to decorate and the staff was so amazing. I wish I could relive this day again and again!

Sent on 07/28/2015

Laine · Married on 11/22/2014

We had a wonderful experience working with Neile and Paul! Neile was responsive to my 100+ questions leading up to our big day and helped my mom (living several states away) feel "in the loop." On the day of, Paul couldn't have been more wonderful if he tried. He was so flexible working with us and our early ceremony time. He truly went above and beyond making sure that our special day ran smoothly. We are so thankful for everything!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Lea · Married on 04/26/2014

We had our wedding reception at The Guild. I absolutely loved the evening! The setting was absolutely perfect. The people at The Guild were also extremely professional and had suggestions but were completely keen on personalizing everything to meet our wishes. I hope that I will have reasons to return to the space in the future! It is so special and there is nothing else like it... believe me, we looked! :)

Sent on 01/12/2015

So excited to have our wedding at the guild. The chandelier is to die for. SO excited to dance the night away under it!

Sent on 04/23/2015

Kathryn · Married on 06/09/2016

1.6
      1.0
      1.0
      2.0

This venue is simply beautiful and rustic. I had my ceremony outside in the garden and my reception in the main hall. Overall I wasn't impressed with the management. My email were never actually read and half of my questions didn't get answered. On the day of, the event manager was no where to be found and the person who was supposed to know what was going on didn't have a clue about my table floor plan and was very lazy and unhelpful. There were several things that added up to a negative experience and lack of professionalism. We were promised a wireless mic for the ceremony and was later told that we were given incorrect information, so I had this giant mic in the middle of all of my pictures. The biggest issue was that our venue was double booked for a photo shoot so we didn't have access to a room that we were depending on having. I was told that this "happens all the time", which was very frustrating as I rightfully paid to have use of that space and had told all my family and wedding party they would have a space to do their hair and makeup before the ceremony after helping set up the decorations. The Guild tried to "make it up to us" by getting a hotel room for us, but there was just no time for my family to drive down there and find a parking spot. So, they ended up getting ready in the common bathroom instead of having the room I paid for and I was forced to do hair and makeup touchups in a small cramped bathroom. It's just not okay to double book a space and pretend like it doesn't matter or to ignore your customers questions. I paid good money for a less than satisfactory experience and service.

Sent on 06/23/2016