The Greatest Adventure Weddings & Elopements Reviews

48 | Seattle, WA

48 Reviews for The Greatest Adventure Weddings & Elopements

• Kimberlie

Kimberlie · Married on 06/30/2018

Well let me just start by saying I planned on a do it my self wedding and half way through i realized hmmm, yeah no way am I doing this alone with all the obsticles and issues i was running into. AND then I found HER!!! and I had a few things I had already lined up on my own, so Erika was superrr accommodating to things I needed that were not exactly in her list of duties to sub into the things I already had done which was extremely helpful because I was so lost! my fiance at the time ( now husband) was on location in other countries working for 8 months so I was alone planning this whole thing before Erika, and when I found her... not only did we find out we had so much interesting things in common but we clicked right away and now I have officially kidnapper her as my forever friend! but on serious terms. She really did more than she needed to, she gave her 150% effort! Erika not only was 100% flexible, she was creative and had the mind and eye for knowing exactly what i wanted and i probably had one of the weirdest weddings around and mixed so many different things ( she probably thought I was crazy, maybe she still does haha) but non the less some how she magicaly made it all go together and work! She did all the decorating with the decor I traveled up with and just handed her in boxes and she worked so hard all morning with her Hubby to make everything look perfect and I had complete trust in her! honestly I had so many random things I brought I didnt even know my self how to make them all work together I only knew what was in my vision and somehow she could read my mind I think.... shes just that good! My wedding was perfect cause of her and she made everything less stressful and she was so helpful and I even felt bad having her work cause I just wanted her to have fun and enjoy the wedding too! I think I am out of space to write more but I just want to say that I would completely trust any wedding in Erikas hands, SHE IS REMARKABLE!!!!! I am so happy!

Sent on 08/06/2018
  • I

Izzy · Married on 06/02/2018

Erika is an absolute dream to work with! My now husband and I have very busy work lives and the idea of planning a wedding was very daunting. We loved coming up with fun ideas and knew what we wanted our day to feel like, but were feeling overwhelmed by the execution of our great ideas. Erika’s partial planning with design package was perfect for us. She encouraged us to come up with cool ideas and knew all the right questions to ask to elicit our thoughts on the look and feel of our day. She had great vendor recommendations. On top of it all, Erika is super sweet, consistently went above and beyond my expectations for wedding planning, and super reassuring about all my wedding planning worries!
    On the day of, our ceremony and reception were absolutely perfect!! It was like she read my mind. I would hire Erika again every time!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Tali · Married on 05/27/2018

Great to work with!

Erika was great and super easy to work with! She was especially helpful in the months leading up to the wedding, as we were planning our Seattle wedding from the east coast. She gave suggestions on everything from vendors and decor, to wording on our invitations. She was also really helpful day of, making sure everything ran smoothly. Thanks to Erika and would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 12/02/2018

Tali,

It is so great to hear from you!! I can’t believe how the time flies! I hope you two are well. Thank you so much for your review, it means the world! Happy Holidays!

Cheers,
    Erika

Danika · Married on 05/19/2018

I don't think my wedding day would have gone as smoothly without the help of Erika. She is calm, collected, and knows when to step in to ensure your day goes perfect. I couldn't be happier with the service she provided on such a special day ❤️

Sent on 07/01/2017

The Greatest Adventure Weddings & Elopements's reply:

Can't believe a year has flown by already!! Such a fun day to be a part of! Thank you.

Matthew · Married on 04/02/2018

Erika was amazing. She helped us through every minute aspect. She did so much behind the scenes that I can't tell you how many times I though, "oh, what about this," only to realize she had already taken care of it. She navigated each and every aspect of our wedding, keeping us informed on everything happening. I really appreciated her attention to detail while keeping an eye on the big picture. She worked well with each of the vendors. I just cannot say enough about her. Unfortunately, I do not see myself hiring her again due to this line of work, haha, but I can confidently recommend her to any couple, whether they are looking for a wedding or elopement, domestic or abroad. Our small beach wedding in Costa Rica could NOT have been any better and I have Erika to thank for so much of it.

Sent on 04/09/2018

The Greatest Adventure Weddings & Elopements's reply:

Matt, you and Jani were dream clients! Thank you so much for trusting me with both of your special days!! :D

kelley · Married on 12/29/2017

I cannot recommend Erika enough! My husband and I wanted to elope in a National Park in Washington and our photographers recommended talking with Erika about helping plan it. I thought they were crazy because I wasn't going to pay a wedding planner for a tiny, 7 person elopement. I was SO wrong. After talking with Erika I knew I needed her help. She tailored her service offerings to all my very specific needs for a great price and helped me make dream elopement an affordable reality- which I always thought I would have to compromise on due to budget. She recommended the perfect location (as she is very knowledgeable about PNW outdoor options), she helped me find the perfect dress and a makeup/hair artist, she did an incredible job with our flowers, prepared us with EVERYTHING we forgot, and was a really kind and helpful person to work with. Especially for those looking for an adventurous wedding/elopement, Erika is your girl!

Sent on 01/09/2018

The Greatest Adventure Weddings & Elopements's reply:

Kelley, thank you for letting me be apart of your snowlopement! Seriously, epic! You guys were troopers. I am so glad you stuck with the blush dress, it was perfect! This will forever be a favorite!!

Brooke · Married on 12/15/2017

Erika with the greatest adventure exceeded all of our expectations. Her initial response time was so quick and she really got to know us as a couple and individuals and really helped make our ceremony how we imagined and dreamed. She also did my floral arrangement and it was one of the most beautiful flower arrangements I had seen. She really goes above and beyond to help make your day the best and take away all the worries of planning. We highly recommend her for any planning need for upcoming couples!
    The Weaver Elopement

Sent on 01/09/2018

The Greatest Adventure Weddings & Elopements's reply:

Thank you so much!! I loved being apart of your and Justin's Ceremony!! One of my favorite bouquets ever and will never ever get over your cape and knee-high velvet boots!! Such an amazing day with you and your families.

Aileen · Married on 12/01/2017

I highly recommend Erika! She is warm, organized, positive, and detailed. My fiance and photographer friend teamed up with Erika for a surprise proposal on top of a mountain. Erika was wonderful and successfully pulled off a fairy-tale proposal! She put together a beautiful winter-y bouquet (I didn't even know a bouquet could look winter-y), and set up an adorable "picnic" on top of a mountain with a wool blanket, throw pillows, a cake (!!), a vintage wooden tray, candles and champagne/ champagne glasses. Each piece was simple, elegant, and somehow matched being on top of a mountain. Probably the most amazing thing is that Erika hiked a mountain carrying a bouquet of flower in a vase (with water) in one hand, and in the other, ironed ribbons to go around the bouquet. She definitely has an eye for detail. Erika is fun and kind. You'll love working with her!

Sent on 06/29/2017

The Greatest Adventure Weddings & Elopements's reply:

Aileen, you two are the sweetest! Tino and Kelly put together a killer team for this one. Grateful to have been a part of it! Please, let me know if you guys ever need anything and enjoy Hawaii!!

Katie · Married on 09/29/2017

I approached planning my wedding with so much anxiety and so many questions. I had a general idea of how I wanted to feel and look no idea where to start. Having Erika support not only every logistical detail of planning and our day but also the amazing designer behind our colors, table layouts, mood and themes. Erika included me with thoughtful mood/design boards, design meeting, meeting with our florist and tons of calls and text for all the details until day of.

I didn’t have to spend any time researching vendors after understanding my vision for my day she sent me a customized list for every vendor needed and I was able to pick from their social media and websites- every vendor we had fit so perfectly and were genuinely so fun to be with on our day. We are still in awe of how beautiful and “us” our day was thanks to Erika. We were able to relax and enjoy the day with each other and our loved ones and not stress about any detail, Erika even has our food brought to us and truly took care of us in ways I would have never thought of but were so appreciated and needed that day.

Erika is down to earth and makes the task of planning a wedding manageable and approachable while behind the scenes being detail oriented and so creative. Erika- thank you thank you thank you for making the start of our marriage so beautiful and special. (We are still getting an unreal amount of compliments from all our guests :)

Sent on 10/26/2017

The Greatest Adventure Weddings & Elopements's reply:

Katie, I will never get over your wedding!! You and Myles were so amazing to work with! Thank you for all of the trust you put in me and the rest of the team. Can't believe you guys are off to Colorado but so happy for this next phase of your lives!

Nancy · Married on 09/03/2017

We met Erika through New Creations. For our wedding, Erika led the process and her and the team were amazing. We hired her for Final Coordination, but she was available for any questions or assistance from the beginning. She was very responsive throughout the entire process, whether it's email, text, or phone call. Even within a week before our wedding, I had some last minute changes in the table arrangements. I requested for her and team to tie each individual menu on top of the napkins and add a piece of greenery to it (about 150 in total). In addition to this, she was already setting up our live succulent favors with individual name tags and moving our 24 ft garland from the ceremony to reception area, and completing end-to-end all décor set-up.. She took on the additional work, with no complaints, and told me not to worry, that her team will handle everything, and they did. She even brought on an additional assistance to ensure that everything was set-up within the short amount of time we had. My husband and I were very impressed with her professionalism and ability to keep everything under control, whether it's the set-up, timeline, coordinating our guests and bridal party, etc.

Sent on 10/23/2017

The Greatest Adventure Weddings & Elopements's reply:

Nancy, I hope you Ionut and the chickens are all doing well!! Thank you for all of the kind words and trusting our team with all of the little details. You two were so great to work with!

Cynthia · Married on 09/02/2017

Erika knows the business and she knows her stuff!

We highly recommend Erika, not only because she's a great friend, but also because she does a remarkable job attending to your needs for the big day. Depending on which route you want to go, wedding planner or wedding coordinator, this girl can plan anything you need. She's well organized and love her flexibility, as well as honesty. She won't steer you down the wrong path. She ensured our day was well thought out and planned down to every little detail.

We had the perfect wedding day. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend her for anything you need planning :)

Sent on 09/29/2017

The Greatest Adventure Weddings & Elopements's reply:

You are the best! Your wedding day was one for the books!!

Jamie · Married on 08/26/2017

Erika is AMAZING! Planning our Washington wedding from Texas was slightly stressful, but Erika quickly put us at ease. She makes herself completely accessible to all of her clients with unlimited phone calls/emails, etc. Not to mention, the girl works round the clock- she would even respond to my emails from the top of Mt. Rainer! Erika has excellent style and pays close attention to detail, so I knew on the day of that everything would go off without a hitch. I didn't even see inside the reception venue until I walked in as they announced us- that is how much faith I had! From planning, to set up, to coordinating vendors and even to clean up, Erika took care of everything. Book her now for your wedding- you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 09/28/2017

The Greatest Adventure Weddings & Elopements's reply:

Jamie, I crack up every time I read the Mount Rainier part! It's so perfect. LOL I loved working with you and JW. Is it time to throw a vow renewal yet?!

Rebecca · Married on 07/29/2017

I can't recommend Erika enough! I was not planning on getting a wedding coordinator, but after many recommendations we decided to hire Erika for day-of coordination - it was hands down, the best money we spent on anything for the entire wedding. Erika is 100% the difference between having a nice event that is somewhat to very stressful, to having the wedding of your dreams and allowing you to fully enjoy the entire day. There were apparently a few things that went wrong that I had no idea about (such as my tent being set up the wrong way before the ceremony), but she fixed everything before I even got wind of it and all I did was soak it all in and enjoy every moment.

I honestly could not think of a more perfect wedding and I owe it all to her warmth, eye to detail, professionalism, and overall just being so on top of it. Highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 08/01/2017

The Greatest Adventure Weddings & Elopements's reply:

Rebecca, thank you so much for your kind words! I love this because it's the perfect explanation for why you should hire a planner in general!! I loved this day! Best Ceremony (thanks Steven) and set of toasts award!!

Sophia · Married on 07/08/2017

Erika was such a pleasure to work with! She made our big day go so smoothly, I don't know what I would have done without her. Throughout the planning process she was always there to answer my questions, and was always willing to meet me if I had some kind of planning emergency.

Thank you Erika for everything! :)

Sent on 07/25/2017

The Greatest Adventure Weddings & Elopements's reply:

Sophia, you guys were so easy! Loved working with you and the awesome team of creatives/friends you brought together!!

Elisa · Married on 06/09/2017

I interviewed a few wedding planners and Erika and I just "clicked." She's great and really impressed us with her knowledge and professionalism. She knows how to ask the right questions and she helped us think of (and solve) a lot of the planning and day-of aspects that we didn't even know we needed to do. She was also excellent at coordinating all logistics with our vendors (so we didn't have to!) and ensured that the day-of the wedding was stress-free for us and our families. I'd highly recommend EVERYONE work with Erika and The Greatest Adventure!

Sent on 07/10/2017

The Greatest Adventure Weddings & Elopements's reply:

Thank you again for your kind words! I appreciate it more than you know! Such a fun day to be a part of!! I hope you guys don't melt down there in Dallas, this Summer. We'll have to catch up when you guys are back in Seattle. :)

Athalia · Married on 03/27/2017

Erika makes it so easy to set up a memorable vow renewal for us. I contacted her a couple months before the event and everything went very smoothly. She is very creative and friendly, I have not one negative comment about her service. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 07/05/2017

The Greatest Adventure Weddings & Elopements's reply:

This was such a fun surprise to be apart of!! I still remember the look on John's face when we told him how long we had been planning behind his back. Priceless! I hope you both are well! Thank you, Athalia!

Clare · Married on 03/19/2017

We hired Erika to officiate our Elopement ceremony, as well as creating my Bridal bouquet & my husbands button-hole. I started working with her while I was still living in Australia & she really helped. Nothing was too much trouble & even face-timed with me to make sure we got to be introduced before my wedding in America.

Erika was prefessional, yet personal, & we can't thank her enough for being apart of our special day. We've had so many compliments on the flowers!

Sent on 04/12/2018

The Greatest Adventure Weddings & Elopements's reply:

I've already told you this 100 times but I am so happy for you and Sirchauncey! I know the PNW is freezing and wet and that the US, in general, has weird cereal but glad everything worked out and you are here! Thank you for putting your faith in me all the way from Australia. Honored to be apart of your wedding day!

Nick · Married on 08/30/2016

Erika made the most BEAUTIFUL bouquet and boutonniere for our elopement!! She is sweet, personable, professional, and and completely knowledgable when it comes to anything wedding. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Sent on 06/30/2017

The Greatest Adventure Weddings & Elopements's reply:

Thank you, Nick!! Such a pleasure! Can't wait until you guys are finally here and we can work together on more awesome elopements!!

Mona · Married on 07/02/2016

Erika was amazing to work with! We were on the fence about hiring a wedding planner, but after meeting with her and seeing how kind, professional, and creative she is, we decided we had to have her on our team. My wedding was somewhat complicated by the fact that we had difficult family issues, a ton of out-of-town guests, and a lot of differing opinions. Thankfully, Erika was able to work effectively with all of the strong personalities and often was the person who calmed others down, which was incredibly helpful. She was also able to keep a bunch of habitually late people on track and on time, both during the planning process, and during the wedding itself. Her personality (warm, down to earth, super easy-going) made her both a pleasure to work with, and someone who is easy to become friends with. Because of her helpful and resourceful nature, I frequently found myself confiding in her about wedding stresses and issues--unsurprisingly, she often had advice/solutions that helped me resolve the various problems.

Practically speaking, having Erika as a wedding planner made the whole process so much easier. She gave us timelines and checklists, and made sure that we were sticking to those. She also helped me find all of my vendors, and checked in regularly to make sure everything was going well. She just made everything run smoothly. This was especially true the closer we got to the wedding--as just one example, several weeks before the wedding, my hair stylist canceled on me, leaving me panicked and frustrated. I mentioned it to Erika, and within 24 hours, she had found me a new hair stylist.

If you're stressed or overwhelmed about wedding planning, or even just on the fence about hiring a wedding planner, I strongly recommend that you at least meet with Erika. I have no doubt that you will love working with her as much as we did, and will find yourself keeping in touch even after the wedding just because of how much of a joy she is to be around.

Sent on 06/30/2017

The Greatest Adventure Weddings & Elopements's reply:

Thank you so much for this amazing review!! It means so much! I am so glad that you guys decided to hire a planner and I am so happy that it was me! :) I hope you both are enjoying life down in CO and your second year of marriage! Whoo!!

Jessie · Married on 04/02/2016

We selected Erika Hernandez as our day of coordinator for our wedding in April 2016 at the Fremont Foundry in Seattle. It was an absolute pleasure working with Erika! She is detailed, organized, informative & great about communication. She is also calm, cool & extremely capable & our family + wedding guests commented on how wonderful she was. Definitely the smartest decision we made for our special day! Erika comes highly recommended & we will reach out to her in the future for vow renewal & as a friend.

Sent on 06/29/2017

The Greatest Adventure Weddings & Elopements's reply:

Thank you for another wonderful review!! You and your entire families were so incredible to work with! Truly, an honor to be a part of your special day!

D · Married on 08/08/2015

Awesome!!! On point, organized, fun to work with, personable, got lots of compliments from wedding guests about how great & smoothly everything went, & about how great our wedding planner was! Superior attention to detail - we had a DIY wedding & all of my decor was set up exactly as I had requested, they even took care of many things that I had not thought of, my wedding turned out even better than I had imagined. We were very, very happy with the excellent customer service & highly recommend you hire this planner :) :)

Sent on 07/07/2017

The Greatest Adventure Weddings & Elopements's reply:

Thank you so much!! It was such a pleasure to work with you both and your families. I hope you guys are enjoying married life AND Mom/Dad life!! So happy for you guys!

Ally · Married on 06/06/2015

Erika made our wedding planning stress-free and fun! She is very detail-oriented and made sure we had our dream wedding.

Sent on 07/06/2017

The Greatest Adventure Weddings & Elopements's reply:

Forever grateful that you & Jeremy trusted me with your big day! Can't believe it has been over 2 years already!!
  • Tiffany

Tiffany Fox · Married on 07/18/2008

Learned so much!

I recently took a class where Erika of the Greatest Adventure Weddings and Elopements was one of the instructors. I took her class because I've been doing party styling for the last 6 years, am adding weddings and wanted to learn about elopements and intimate weddings. Erika specializes in elopements which are the type of weddings I love to do. This was just the class I needed to get all the behind the scenes information of just what it takes to help a couple plan an elopement.

If you're a wedding planner and feel frustrated, looking for help in better serving your couples or want to learn about what it takes to really plan an adventure wedding I recommend a mentoring session with Erika.

If you're a couple looking for an elopement or adventure wedding planner, Erika will bring your vision to life and then some.

Sent on 05/17/2019