The Grandview Reviews

The Grandview 7
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/21/2019

The Perfect Venue For Our Perfect Day

My husband and I chose The Grandview for our wedding day because it is stunning both inside and out. We were married outside on a beautiful, sunny June day overlooking the Hudson River. Our reception took place in the indoor ballroom, which was equally as beautiful with candles creating a romantic glow on all tables, along with our rose gold table runners and pale pink up-lighting.
    Melissa made sure everything was perfect the day of and was so wonderful to work with throughout the whole planning process. Any questions I needed answered were just a quick and simple email response back.
    Our wedding attendant, Shady, was an absolute doll the day of. She never missed a beat making sure my husband and I had anything we could possibly need every second of the night.
    We cannot say enough about our wonderful experience of having our wedding at The Grandview.
    Thank you again to Melissa, Margaret, Ryan, Shady and Victor for caring as much about our wedding day as we did. Our friends and family are still talking about how delicious the food was and how gorgeous it all turned out!
    We are forever grateful

Sent on 07/18/2019
    The Grandview 8
    The Grandview 9

Alison · Married on 06/01/2019

The best day ever!!

Wow!! I can not express enough how absolutely perfect The Grandview was for our wedding! From the first time viewing the venue up until our wedding day everything was perfect!! The Grandview was the first and only venue myself and my husband looked at for our wedding. We knew right away that was the spot for us! The staff are all so unbelievably kind and professional. Planning up to our big day we worked with Melissa and Ryan and they are both amazing! They know their stuff. Rosie and Nicole were our wedding attendants and they were wonderful! They were so friendly and made me and my husband feel so special! We found out it was Nicole's first wedding and she did amazing! We never would have known! Perfect job. The cocktail hour staff, reception/dinner staff, bartender.. all so wonderful! The food and drinks were top notch. All of our guests were raving about the food.. you will not go hungry! The Grandview also has a bridal suite available to you with your own bathroom and a room to have to yourself if you need some time to yourself for a moment or to freshen up. The location on the Hudson river can not be beat and is perfect for photos. I could go on and on about how wonderful everything was. My and my husband were so blown away by everything and can not thank The Grandview staff enough! 10/10 would absolutely reccomend!

Sent on 06/02/2019

blair caswell · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazingly wonderful

I've been to weddings here before and when I started looking I knew this is where I wanted mine. Beautiful scenery, wonderful staff, and great outdoor tent. Every single staff member I dealt with was wonderful. Whoever I emailed (and I sent a lot of them in a day or a week), never came off annoyed at the amount I sent, always answered in a timely manner and always found me an answer to my questions. I could not figure out what kind of cake I wanted, so I went back and forth emailing photos back and forth to make sure I knew what everything meant. Some people were late for our rehearsal, but we weren't rushed. Melissa waited until we absolutely couldn't wait any longer. I dealt with her 90% of the time, but if she was out of the office or something, someone else would email me with my answers. Everyone on my wedding day was wonderful. Brought my husband and I something from every table during cocktail hour and let us have our time alone, but made sure they were there if we needed them. They brought us in the ballroom before cocktail hour was over to make sure it was what we wanted. Something was out of place, I pointed it out and they were fixing it a second later. Always bringing my husband and I drinks throughout the night and making sure we have everything we needed. My wonderful husband put the cake in my face and got it on my dress a little, they brought me in the bridal suit and helped me clean up right away. Food was wonderful! The array of food at cocktail hour was amazing. I am being told still to this day, 3 months later, how good the food and drinks were.

Overall, they were wonderful. Whoever I dealt with knew everything about my wedding and made sure to help in any way possible.

Sent on 08/17/2019
  • Angela

Angela Urena · Married on 04/12/2019

The Grandview made our wedding day the best day ever!

Where do I even begin? The Grandview was absolutely amazing from the very beginning when we toured the venue up until the very end. The Grandview made our wedding day so special. Despite the rain it was still everything we had hoped for and more! It was the best day ever! The Grandview made it all happen. First, we had the pleasure to have Margaret as our coordinator and she helped us plan every last detail so flawlessly. I truly enjoyed telling her all of our wedding planning highlights and freak outs lol. Second, Sonia our Bridal attendant was the absolute best! I like to call her a ninja as she kept appearing out of no where with margaritas, water, and even found my flip flops. She made me feel at ease and that is something I’ll truly never forget. Last, Angel our Maitre D' what else can I say but OUTSTANDING. He is the absolute best and I’m not just saying that because he provided us with the most beautiful flowers. He was with us EVERY step of the way and made the night run smoothly. From my pre walking down the aisle nerves, to finding my bouquet to toss, to finding my marriage certificate he was an actual ANGEL. The food and service was so outstanding our guests are still talking about it two weeks later. We had so much fun we almost wish we were a guest at our own wedding lol.

Sent on 04/23/2019
  • Mrs. Jjb

Jennifer · Married on 11/24/2018

Absolutely Perfect!

Our wedding at The Grandview went absolutely perfectly. I didn't intend to impress my guests, I only wanted to host them well but I got much better than planned. I was initially impressed with Janelle during our first visit and when comparing Grandviews packages to many, many others in the area, I just couldn't justify going anywhere else. The Bonura Group in general has nailed the hospitality thing. My husband and I, as well as all of my family, were treated like VIPs the entire day. They didn't miss a beat, everything was set up beautifully and better than I could have imagined. We were taken care of at every step of the way.

All of my guests are still raving about the food and desserts! We elected to do a stations wedding because it was earlier in the day and provided our guests with more options in a social atmosphere - so glad we did! Everyone loved it.

We were a relatively small wedding for this venue but I feel as though I received the same impressive level of service as any other bride. I would highly recommend a visit. If you do book, you can rest easy that you will be taken care of every step of the way.

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 11/09/2018

The PERFECT venue for our Wedding Day

We could not be happier with our experience at the Grandview!!
    The entire staff was so fantastic to work with and really made our dream wedding a reality! Margaret, Janelle and Melissa were so great and responsive and really took all of our ideas and executed them in the best way!
    The food was OUTSTANDING! You should absolutely attend a tasting event before your wedding, you will not regret it!
    The operations day of were perfect and each and every member of the team was so in tune with amazing customer service.
    We are beyond happy to recommend The Grandview for your wedding venue, you will be SO HAPPY you did! (If we could give more than 5 starts we absolutely would, it was THAT good!)

Sent on 12/03/2018
  • Fernando

Fernando Guzman · Married on 11/08/2018

Best day of our lives!

This review is long overdue. My husband and I got married at The Grandview on November 8, 2018. Let me start by saying the biggest compliment I can pay them is everyone who attended the wedding can't stop talking about the service, the food, and the ambiance. I will forever be in debt to Melissa for assisting us through this entire process. She was such a pleasure to work with. Angel, our maitre d' and our ceremony florist, had everything flowing smoothly, and made sure everything looked beautiful. He is a such a beautiful person. Sonia our head server was fantastic! At one point, I was about to lose my composure because my nerves were getting the best of me. She pulled me to the side and she reminded me to stay present in the moment and to take the moment in. She was truly a calming presence and words can't describe how fortunate we were to have her.

The main take away from this experience is I wouldn't change a thing! It was the best day of our lives and we owe a great debt of gratitude to everyone at the Grandview!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Larisa · Married on 09/23/2018

I cannot say enough amazing things about the Grandview other than besides choosing to spend the rest of my life with my amazing wife, choosing the Grandview as our wedding venue was the best decision we made. We felt so accepted there from the start, which was a large part of why we chose it. Janelle, Margaret and the rest of the staff were just outstanding, especially our bridal attendant for the day, Sonia! The whole planning process was made so much smoother because of Janelle's help and any time I had a question, she was there to answer it immediately. Literally everything about the Grandview was perfect--the food, the decor, the service, and most of all the spectacular setting in the outdoor tent (including the amazing sunset we were treated to!). We're thrilled to say that many of guests have told us our wedding was a "top 10" for them because of how beautiful it was. And we couldn't have done that all without the help of the Grandview! They may do plenty of weddings a year and be thought of as a wedding "factory" because of their amazing inclusive package, but we never felt we were "just another wedding" while working with them. They truly know how to execute a vision and make dreams become a reality.

Sent on 10/08/2018
    The Grandview 10
    The Grandview 11

Jolee · Married on 09/07/2018

We had an amazing wedding here! Everything was perfect from the service to the food to the beautiful background of the Hudson River. I would get married here over and over if I could! Everyone loved the food and thought it was beautiful! Wonderful place to have a wedding or any huge party!

Sent on 09/19/2018
  • Dean

Dean Balter · Married on 08/30/2018

Made our night perfect

The Grandview was amazing. They treated us so well during our wedding. They made our night perfect in every way. Amazing food and drink. The service was excellent. No complaints from us or any of the guests we invited.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Julia · Married on 07/21/2018

The Grandview truly lives up to its name and overlooks the beautiful Hudson River. This was only one of the many elements that this remarkable establishment had to offer that immediately caught our attention when looking for wedding venues. We instantly fell in love with the location, beauty and elegance of the indoor ballroom, and hospitality of the entire staff.
    The Grandview’s director, Margaret, gave us extraordinary care and a truly unique experience throughout the planning process. She went above and beyond, catering to our every need. She is extremely attentive, engaging, genuine, and professional. Her level of commitment towards making our wedding day perfect really puts her in a league of her own.
    The day of our wedding, 7/21/2018, they continued to exceed our expectations. Sonya (Maitre D) is a cut above the rest. She oversaw all the fine details and had exceptional communication between the staff and vendors. She orchestrated and executed everything so flawlessly, prioritizing us at every moment. I also want to praise Angel (head server) who is a Jack-of-all-trades. Not only does he craft the exquisite floral arrangements at the Grandview, he provided us a kind of service like no other. He’s genuine, humble, professional, very skilled and proficient of his work, and a true artist. Furthermore, their cake artist is absolutely brilliant and a master of her craft. We had a very unique & technical cake design and she executed it perfectly. When she presented it to us, it actually took our breath away! Additionally, the food was exquisite and undeniably supreme!
    It really is surreal & overwhelmingly satisfying to have your plans come to fruition. We are so grateful for the Grandview and their entire staff for making our once-in-a-lifetime experience possible & elevate it to perfectly capture and express my husband’s and my love for each other. Overall, their standard of excellence far exceeds all others and their remarkable service is unparalleled!

Sent on 08/10/2018

samantha · Married on 07/06/2018

Deciding to choose the Grandview was the best decision ever! Not only is it beautiful inside and out, the staff was some of the best I have worked with in the hospitality industry. They made our day a piece of cake and my guests would not stop raving about the food and service. From beginning to end they were super organized, attentive, caring, and accommodating. The staff always had a smile on their face and were happy to be there celebrating with us at our wedding. If you want beautiful views, great food and service, choose The Grandview!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Annie · Married on 07/01/2018

Amazing staff, awesome food and great view.

Sent on 07/13/2018

Vickie · Married on 06/29/2018

The Grandview made our vision come to life. Throughout my entire engagement, the staff was there to answer any questions I had and help make our dreams become a reality. The pastry chef was amazing and created our custom five tier wedding cake to perfection. The food is outstanding and the view is spectacular. I would recommend The Grandview to any engaged couple!!

Sent on 07/12/2018

Tiffany · Married on 06/24/2018

Amazing planning and wedding day experience.

I was so incredibly thrilled by the experience and service at the Grandview. We chose the Grandview because of the awesome view of the river and bridge which made for amazing pictures. But really everything about our wedding day and wedding planning experience with the Grandview was amazing. We worked with coordinator Melissa Baez. She was warm, friendly, supportive and professional. She was super organized and responsive. She was on top of everything and was generally a delight to work with. On our actual wedding day, all of the staff was amazing. I never had to worry about a thing. All of our guests were cared for incredibly. The food was amazing. The staff constantly made sure my wife and I were ok. They really do an amazing job and work hard to make sure you have everything you need.

Sent on 02/07/2019

Christine · Married on 06/16/2018

The Grandview was an amazing location to have the reception for our wedding. Everyone was wonderful from the very first meeting to packing up our belongings after all the festivities had finished. All our guest we're in awe of the views and the friendly service everyone had received. Perfect experience.

Sent on 06/18/2018

Katey · Married on 06/15/2018

Most amazing staff I couldn’t have asked for more. The staff did an amazing job and know what they are doing and do it well. The space was gorgeous and everyone that came is complementing on it.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Annmarie · Married on 05/12/2018

The Grandview knows their events - they will make your wedding planning process so much easier! We had our reception in the ballroom and we worked with Margaret, who walked us through choosing our menu - guiding us to make sure we chose a solid variety for our guests and still making sure we got all of the food we wanted. You can attend multiple tastings, too, to try their offerings - I think you’d have to go to 5 to see all of their choices! Day of, everything ran smoothly - Angel, the maitre d, was on top of everything and made sure we had everything we needed. We also had some extras, like a memorial table and a fallen soldier table, that they set up without a hitch. All of our guests had a fantastic time and loved the food, the cake - you can’t go wrong at the Grandview!

Sent on 06/03/2018

The Grandview's reply:

Thank you for the review. Annmarie we love what we do because of people like you.
  • F

Francesca · Married on 02/18/2018

The Grandview was far and away our best decision for our wedding. From start to finish they took care of us and accommodated our every need. We ended up working with Margaret, Melissa and Janelle and all three were super friendly, helpful and most importantly incredibly patient. They helped us plan the perfect evening and their services were invaluable. We cannot thank them enough!

The staff at the Grandview were incredible. Between setting up our place cards, memorial table, and special decorations, our evening had such a special and unique feel to it thanks to their wonderful work. The entire night our guests could not stop complimenting how great the food was and how wonderful the service was. We would like to give a special thank you to our Maitre D Angel, and head server Vanessa who were outstanding. They were always at arms length ready to help us with every request big and small and had no problem accommodating some last minute ad hoc requests.

We loved everything about the Grandview and would strongly recommend it to any couple looking for a spectacular venue!

Sent on 03/13/2018

The Grandview's reply:

Francesca, you and Dave were a pleasure to work with. We all enjoyed working with you both the entire planning process!

Jacqueline · Married on 11/12/2017

The Grandview was the best possible choice we could have made in planning our wedding. The staff is courteous and beyond helpful. We were treated like royalty and our guest were treated the same way. We received nothing but compliments about The Grandview. From the beautiful view, excellent staff, delicious food, to the overall presentation. It was a tremendous value.

Sent on 01/19/2015

The Grandview's reply:

Jacqueline, thank you for the wonderful review!

Maria · Married on 11/11/2017

Our venue couldn't be better, prettier and just the most beautiful place for wedding!!! Beautiful view on Hudson River and the way they treat you for that money is incredible!!! I am super grateful for Gabi and Sofia. Angel safes our ceremony when our florist forgot flowers for one bridesmaid!
    Very very happy about everything!!! Thank you guys! You are the best!!!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Kathleen · Married on 10/27/2017

Our wedding day was absolutely spectacular as a result of the superior service provided by the Grandview. Throughout the planning process Margaret was there to answer every question we could possibly think of. On the day of, Victor and Debbie took care of every minute detail, and walked us through the venue to ensure it met our expectations. The staff is very attentive whether its making sure your drink gets filled when it’s getting low or making sure you have each type of food from your cocktail hour, you are in good hands. The in-house bakery did a gorgeous job designing our cake. The venue was beautiful, the service was impeccable, and the food was delicious! We wish we could relive our wedding day just to enjoy the venue one more time!

Sent on 12/31/2017

Paulina · Married on 10/14/2017

We got married at The Grandview on 10/14/17 and it was absolutely amazing! The venue name speaks for itself because their view is spectacular!! We do not have a single negative thing to say about this venue. The staff was so sweet and professional. We worked with Margaret and she felt like and old friend! She's sweet, patient, professional, flexible and answered all emails promptly. We live in the DC area so planning so many states away was very hectic but Margaret really made it simple and helped to take as much stress off us as possible! She went absolutely above and beyond to ensure our day was perfect. The food, drinks and dessert are to die for!!! Our guests are still talking about it a month after the wedding!! We cannot recommend The Grandview enough! Thank you for making our wedding unforgettable!!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Danielle · Married on 10/13/2017

We could not say enough good things about the Grandview!! From our first visit, to the end of the wedding day, we were consistently blown away by the level of service, care, delicious food, absolutely gorgeous setting, and did we say delicious food? We spent countless hours and miles in our car searching for the perfect wedding venue option. The moment we walked in, our jaws dropped and excitement set in. We were planning a wedding from out of state, and they helped us through the process. They coach you through each step, providing clear instructions and helpful lists, giving you an idea of what the day looks like, what is expected from you, and what they are doing as well. The wedding couple gets treated like royalty for a day, with someone always caring for you, helping you, filling your drink, making sure you have food, helping with timing of when to walk down the aisle, I mean everything. It takes the stress of the wedding day out - and you can simply enjoy the best day of your life. They make it more than just a hired venue and service. They take the time, care, and attention to not just meet the expectations, but make sure you are happy. On a day filled with emotion, weight, and importance in your life, they get that. We were in disbelief with the food. The options and stations and ideas are fun, creative, classy, and sure to be a WOW factor to your guests. We had a GORGEOUS cake done for us, and it matched perfectly to the photo inspiration we provided. The scenery and setting, is unbeatable. It is also cost effective for what you get. We created so many pricing, pros and cons lists, but Grandview was the best. Lastly, we would like to thank all staff, from the bottom of our hearts, for all the hard work that was put in to make our day what it was. It wouldn't have been the same anywhere else. We could not tell you how many of our guests said it was the best wedding they ever attended in their life. Here's to many more happy couples being married there!!!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Robyn · Married on 10/01/2017

Our wedding was amazing. From the initial visit to the last song, the staff was amazing. Our head server, Sonya, was always right there to meet our every need, as was the wonderful maitre d. My guests were in awe with the views and the beautiful grounds, as were my husband and I. The food was spectacular... Every person raved about it! My only complaint is that we had to end the night at 10:30 pm because of the apartment complex next door and the noise ordinance in the town. My one suggestion to the Grandview would be to try to fight that to allow people more time to enjoy the events.

Sent on 10/03/2017