The Grandview Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Colleen
    Colleen D. Married on 10/10/2021

Absolutely Amazing

I cant recommend the Grandview enough. from the moment we hired them, they were responsive, professional, accommodating, and helpful. The night of our wedding, the team there was amazing. our Maître D followed us around while we were taking our pictures to help with my dress and get us anything we needed. she even had a small cooler that she carried around in case we wanted water. During the reception, the bustle of my dress fell and she immediately came over with safety pins to help pin it back up. I had a drink in my hand the entire night and they honestly just made the night go down without a hitch. This venue is AMAZING. the view is beautiful and it simply cannot be beat.
  • Kathleen
    Kathleen Married on 09/25/2021

The Wedding of Our Dreams

The Grandview was the first wedding venue we saw when we first got engaged and instantly fell in love. Breath taking views, amazing staff, incredible view , this place really has it all. They made our day everything we had hoped for and more. They were so helpful with the uncertainty that planning a wedding during COVID brought. If you are considering booking the Grandview, you will not be disappointed!!
  • Daijsia
    Daijsia B. Married on 08/22/2021

Nothing less than perfect

I have been obsessed with this place since I was 15! Going there in person made it even better. The staff was wonderful. They catered to all our needs. They coordinated so well with each vendor to make sure minute by minute everyone was on the same page. If I could I would have every event here.
  • Ellea
    Ellea A. Married on 08/15/2021

The most amazing venue for our wedding!

We spent a good deal of time trying to find an outdoor wedding venue with beautiful sights and a truly catered experience. The Grandview really knocked it out of the park for us - their staff were always prompt and professional leading up to the big day and made everything seem so effortless - we really did not have to think about anything but ourselves on our wedding day! The food was a hit for us and all of our guests, and having the cake made on-site was a pleasant (and delicious) plus to the whole package. Our guests could not stop raving over the food options, the beautiful treeline across the Hudson River and the flowers onsite. The maitre d' and captain on our day were on point and seamlessly directed the entire wedding - it was a completely stress-free experience. As an additional bonus, the holding company also owns the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel and makes it incredibly simple to ferry guests to and from the venue as well as giving access to a honeymoon suite for us on our wedding night.

We cannot sing our praises loud enough for the Grandview and their staff. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our wedding so magical and perfect!!
  • Nicolette
    Nicolette D. Married on 07/25/2021

Best day of our lives!

There are no words to explain the amount of gratitude we have for this venue. They made the very hard decision to reschedule (twice) so much easier. Someone is always there to answer your email or phone call and we were always treated with so much kindness. From planning to execution Taylor was the absolute best!! The whole team made our big day a breeze. They think about every little detail! Our food was also phenomenal, and my very picky Italian family is still raving about it! I love this place and wish I could do it all over again, thank you Grandview!
    Kristen K. Married on 06/20/2021

Breathtaking venue, delicious food, impeccable service!

Due to Covid, we had multiple reschedule dates and changes and Margaret at The Grandview was there every step of the way. She kept us informed on guidelines and expectations and made the process seamless from beginning to end. The wedding day was beyond our imagination! The venue itself has incredible river views and is just a beautiful venue overall. But the service is where they really shined. The wedding attendant Sonia and Maitre D Debbie treated us like King and Queen for the day and took the utmost care of us. We are so grateful for them and the care they showed us throughout the night, they were truly a blessing and we couldn't thank them enough. Being pregnant on a hot day, I was constantly catered to and accommodated. The food was AMAZING and there was so much of it, our guests are still talking about it to this day. They set up everything so beautifully from the tables, to the cake, to our memory table - they didn't miss a single detail. Thank you to The Grandview for an unforgettable night!!!
  • Donna
    Donna M. Married on 05/16/2021

There are no words to express the Grandview that would be enough!

5 stars is not enough! From my initial interaction in 2019, i knew the Grandview was the place for my wedding. The Venue is absolutely gorgeous. The outdoor ballroom is where i had my wedding and i tear up just thinking of not only having to reschedule due to covid, but the amazing compassion, empathy and support we received from Margaret and Taylor. The Grandview emailed cdc updates and of course answered my hundreds of questions. They were super responsive and gave me a sense of security that not even my mother could give me about my wedding. When they said the wedding would be fabulous regardless this pandemic they were right. I was fortunate that things started to open up as my wedding approached. The staff are just that "Grand" Sonia was amazing. She took care of myself and my husband's every need. Always right there near us and making sure we and our parents were ok. We just love her so much. The entire staff at the Grandview was amazing and the food well my guests are still talking about it to this day. If could do my wedding all over again i would because it was absolutely perfect. Let's not even talk about the food. Well the food was absolutely delicious. We went to so many tastings and every tasting they added a new station. Whatever you pick will be awesome. My guests are still talking about the obscene amount of food, from cocktail hour to cake. The cake, Kasey captured exactly what we wanted and for a non cake eater like me..well let me just say, i didn't save the top for my first anniversary. I ate it the next morning with my family who showed up at our hotel room the next morning looking for cake. LOL DELICIOUS LOL LOL. This was my second marriage but felt like my first because the way they took care of us. Ceremony view was amazing and the sun was shining after a brief down pour an hour before our ceremony. Sonia really assured us that it will pass and it will be beautiful. Well it did. Again, we thank ALL the staff, from the chefs, cooks, dishwashers, bartenders, cocktail hour staff, busboys/girls, maintenance, valet, shuttle drivers, staff that were assigned specifically to our party and most of all Taylor and Margaret, love them. Grandview is exactly that GRAND! Thank you Grandview for making our day absolutely stunning! excellent food and excellent service. WIN WIN in my book. love Donna and Alex 5/16/21Read Less
    Colleen C. Married on 04/23/2021

Best Wedding Ever!

There are not enough words to express my gratitude to The Grandview and their staff! The Grandview is the only venue my now husband and I agreed on seeing in person. After our one and only visit we couldn’t imagine being married anywhere else. The views are breathtaking and the staff makes you feel right at home.

We were smooth sailing with wedding planning until the pandemic hit. As a result, we postponed our wedding two times. Margaret immediately answered every question and concern, call and email (there were many). With the rules and regulations continuously changing here in New York, Margaret was constantly in communication with us with full transparency.

Taylor assisted us in planning the most perfect wedding. Our Maitre’d Deb and Bridal Assistant Sonia couldn’t have been nicer. Our friends and family are still talking about how amazing the food and service was.

I would highly recommend The Grandview to every couple looking to have the best wedding ever!
  • Jim
    Jim D. Married on 10/26/2020

Stop your search here... Do not look elsewhere...

Amidst COVID wedding planning could only be described as an unmitigated disaster. My fiance (now wife) at the time were very skeptical of what could and could not be done. With continuous regulation changes and a lot of unknown (especially in New York), the absolute stress level was sky-high. That was when we decided to check out The Grandview. Our messages were promptly responded to by Margaret who quickly showed her true colors as one of the most genuine, nicest, and most caring people we have had the pleasure of speaking to. She was friendly, open to ideas, and beyond knowledgeable of everything that a wedding would require and all the steps we needed to do to make it happen.

She and the staff at the Grandview continued to be transparent and remained continuous with their communication informing us of everything regulation and rule changes. Margaret promptly responded to each of our e-mails addressed all of our concerns and made us feel completely at ease with everything day or night. Even though we knew that it was her job to be in the hospitality business she took the time to go absolutely above and beyond what was required to ensure that we were happy, that our needs were met and taken care of, and that even though COVID was an issue ceremony still could happen and that our wants and needs could be met. Margaret also ensured that we would be taken care of fully without issue if COVID reasons caused us to have to cancel or back out. When actions are stronger than words Margaret and her staff proved time and time again that the establishment cared about us and that they would make good on any promise made.

Moving on... To the Tasting ... The food was absolutely amazing although we did not get to try everything we wanted the staff made sure that my now wife and I were catered to and anything we needed was right there for us. The Grandview Still allowed for multiple different options that catered to our wants. We were able to discuss these wants and our options with every staff member that was present. The venue was immaculately clean... and sample sizes were well portioned and we left stuffed.

The venue: The view of this venue is second to none. Overlooking the Hudson river the train and the bridge each view day or night is breathtaking. Due to the size of our wedding, we opted to have our cocktail hour and dinner in the same room. The Table seating worked perfectly for everyone to enjoy their food as well as have the ability to interact and be social while also giving those who were worrisome about the visit to have the ability to be distant enough but still feel fully included, welcomed, and like they could be comfortable taking off their masks for a few minutes to eat their meal. This of course added to the amazing views from three walls of windows.. and the ability to maneuver in and out to the balcony throughout the night.

The wedding night ... Which was perfect... Although limited to 50 or fewer people... and with no dancing (thanks Cuomo you waste) The Grandview worked tirelessly to ensure that everything ran smoothly. Staff members wore masks and gloves and catered to everyone in a manner that was not only professional but also personal which made everyone feel included. They worked with all of our vendors flawlessly and made this night one the most memorable nights in our lives to date. our Maitre'd Debby was next to us every step of the way and like Margaret was one of the most helpful and genuine people. She ensured that every step was flawless from the minute we walked into the door.

In Conclusion ... If you scroll past this venue you are making what I would characterize as a fatal error. The views, the staff, and their skill ensured us every minute and step of the way that we would be taken care of. The quality of the service is second to none and you will have the best night of your life. Although COVID made wedding planning an Unmitigated Disaster, the Granview and its staff used their talents and teamwork to make the night an unequivocal success. DO NOT I mean DO NOT pass this venue up for any reason...
    Laure Married on 10/23/2020

Incredible

If I could give this venue and the staff 100 stars I would. From the moment I walked into those doors, I knew this was the place I wanted to get married. Margaret was incredible, welcoming and so professional. We got engaged right before COVID hit, and throughout the entire planning process, Taylor was there for every question I had. We had no idea what to expect when we decided to have our 50 person micro wedding. But it turned out to be even more perfect than what I hoped for. All of our guests raved about the food and the beautiful views. Our maitre- d and bridal assistant Sonia were absolutely incredible the entire night. There wasn’t a moment we didn’t have a drink or food right by us. If you’re questioning a micro wedding during these crazy times- put your trust in this venue. You will not be disappointed. Everyone had an amazing time. Thank you for everything!
    Amber Married on 07/18/2020

phenomenal experience

It’s an incredible feeling when the best wedding you’ve ever been to was your own & your guests confirm it! And during a pandemic, that’s saying a lot. The Grandview is the ONLY place to have your special day. The service and food are phenomenal. There is no comparison. They work with you to ensure your special day is everything you envision and they make it happen! They are elite in hospitality. We could not have been happier. Thank you 1000000000x’s for the exceptional experience!!
  • Marissa
    Marissa P. Married on 05/03/2020

Perfect Wedding, Impeccable Service, Kind Staff

If I could give the Grandview an infinite number of stars, I would do it.

Choosing this venue was without a doubt the best decision I made during the wedding planning process. During the uncertain, stressful and ever-changing status of the coronavirus, we were always treated with kindness, respect and flexibility. We had to postpone our wedding to a later date and make a lot of adjustments throughout the months leading up to our wedding due to the virus, and each step of the way, Margaret Brower and her staff accommodated our every request, patiently and helpfully answered all of our (many) questions and ultimately made our wedding day about us. We were not pressured to make any decisions about our wedding that were not in our best interest or within our plan, and I know that is not the case with all wedding venues during this difficult time.

Our wedding was absolutely beautiful. The food was fantastic, the atmosphere and view is breathtaking (they don't call it the "Grandview" for nothing!) and the attention to detail was unmatched--every small favor or request that my family and I asked for was fulfilled and was handled exactly right. The staff worked tirelessly to host an event that was fun, safe and in accordance with all state and federal guidelines relating to the virus. Despite the climate and the status of things, at no point of the day did I feel like I was sacrificing anything by holding my wedding during a worldwide pandemic, and I have the Grandview to thank for that.

I highly, highly recommend this venue. Their prices are reasonable, their service is impeccable, and the people who work there (especially Margaret) are an absolute delight!

Thank you, Grandview team, for all you did for me and my husband! Thanks to you, our wedding day was perfect and is truly a story to remember.
    Rebekkah K. Married on 10/25/2019

The Best Day Ever!

It doesn’t happen often that I’m made speechless but that’s the only way I can express how completely blown away we were at our wedding. From the very beginning Melissa was so professional, accommodating, supportive, and responsive. She answered numerous and endless emails and phone calls without missing a beat. We live in Las Vegas and while planning our wedding long distance had it’s challenges, communicating and designing our vision with Melissa was a seamless and easy process. As we walked into the Grandview on our wedding day, my now husband and I were completely blown away. Tears were brought to my eyes as “our vision” was brought to life in its absolute entirety. Both flawless and breathtaking. Our wedding attendants Val and Debbie were amazing! We always had a drink in our hand and a warm plate of food in front of us. They came to my rescue with safety pins every time my bustle decided to break! If we could rate the Grandview on a scale of 1-10, we'd give them a solid 15. We are so grateful to everyone there for letting us have the best wedding we could have ever imagined. Our guests are still reeling about the amount and quality of food served throughout the night! Jeff and I are so grateful, thank you from the bottom of our hearts ❤️
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 09/29/2019

A Dream Come True!

So my husband and I are just two weeks shy from celebrating our first wedding anniversary and we are still swooning over our day! And I can honestly say without a shadow of a doubt, a huge part of why we are still overly obsessed with our wedding day is all thanks to The Grandview! I can’t begin to explain how extraordinary this venue truly is! From the moment we walked through the doors for our tour we knew that The Grandview was our place. I still remember my sister saying to me as we walked in “you love it already, I can tell” and boy was she right! Every aspect of the venue’s appearance drew me and my husband in; but beyond the lavish decor, breath taking views and fine attention to detail, their customer service is top-notch! During the entire planning process we were treated with the utmost respect and professionalism in a friendly atmosphere. No question or concern we had was left unanswered. As the months until we said “I do” ticked away into days and it came time for our final meeting we knew we were in the best of hands and couldn’t wait for the sun to rise on 9/29/19. When our day finally arrived we couldn’t have been more relaxed or excited to celebrate with our family and friends. Every detail was perfect and we felt like royalty! We and our guests were dazzled by the service, glamour and the culinary experience! So many of our guests expressed that everything from cocktail hour, to our chosen appetizers and entrees, to the I Want It All dessert spectacular was the best food they have ever had at a wedding...no argument there! One guest even pulled me aside on the dance floor to say “the service here is amazing”, again no argument! We simply can not say enough about The Grandview and their exceptional staff! They made the best day of our lives even better than we could have ever dreamed and we are forever grateful! If we could, we would have multiple weddings just to celebrate at The Grandview. But something tells me we will be back some day....Vowel renewal anyone?! 😁😍🍾
  • Olivia
    Olivia Married on 09/19/2019

Everything was outstanding

My husband and I got married in December at The Grandview and we cannot recommend it enough. We knew we were in good hands with The Grandview from the moment we booked, We had to postponing our wedding due to COVID and for a stressful situation they made it so easy and seamless. From the views to the staff to the convenience of it all, we couldn’t have asked for a better venue to get married at. Lauren, Mackenzie, Crystal and the entire staff are truly the best. They take care of every little thing the day of. The food is fantastic and there’s full waiter service to the tables making your guests truly be able to relax and enjoy the evening. Our guests were raving about the entire night. If you’re looking for a perfect venue, definitely make sure to check out The Grandview.
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 09/15/2019

Best Venue

The Grandview is simply amazing! From the staff to the food and scenery, there’s nothing that goes unnoticed. The food is diverse in style and culture, and all of it is amazing. There’s no shortage of food, all our guests commented on how tasty it was, and how stuffed they were by the end of the night. The scenery is gorgeous, and is the perfect backdrop for a wedding, no matter the season. The staff is very attentive, and is constantly assuring the bride and groom are happy, calm, fed, and having a good time. Would get married all over again just to have another wedding at The Grandview!
    Larissa Married on 09/07/2019

"Best day ever" experience

The Grandview is an amazing place to get married or for a special event. I cannot describe how amazing our wedding was at the Grandview. The staff is attentive, professional, and friendly. Between the incredible views, delicious foods, and staff, the Grandview has it all. Our guests could not get over how much food was served and how every dish tasted excellent. We have received so many compliments on our wedding and we truly enjoyed our day. I highly recommend the Grandview for weddings. Our day could not have been better. Thank you to the Grandview and their staff for all they do!!
    Hannah Married on 08/31/2019

Exceeded our expectations! Top notch.

We didn't think we were going to go with a "banquet hall" for our wedding, but The Grandview's Outdoor Ballroom is the BEST of all worlds - the ceremony site flows seamlessly into cocktail hour and the reception, with beautiful photo ops on the terrace and down by the water. This venue gives all the perks of a nature-filled setting, with none of the stress of a DIY wedding. I can't imagine having done it differently, looking back. They took care of us every step of the way leading up to the big day, and on our wedding day we didn't have a care in the world, and didn't have to lift a finger. Rather than stressing about setting up decor, timing, or cleaning up, we could just enjoy our bliss filled day. P.s everyone raved about the abundant and delicious food, and said it was one of the best weddings they've EVER been to. :) Thanks Grandview!
    Trisha Married on 08/30/2019

I wish i can re-live my wedding day every day!

We had the best day of our lives! The Grandview has our hearts forever. Dan and I got married on Friday Aug 30th, and had our Chinese Tea Ceremony on their outside patio & our Reception in the Grand Ballroom. It was picturesque and could not have been more perfect. The Grandview went out of their way to make sure we had EVERYTHING we needed. From greeting our guests with such hospitality on arrival, to making sure all of our needs were met through the end of our stay. Victor and Shady were on top of their game. They had water & juices ready for my bridal party as we took pictures in the marina with the beaming hot sun. My bustle broke,
    and the attendants fixed it immediately, so I can continue to dance with my guests all night. Everyone made us feel so loved and so special on our day. Most importantly, THE FOOD! Cocktail hour was incredible! Our guests were so IMPRESSED by the presentation, taste, & efficiency of the whole day. The amenities at the Grandview are truly worth every penny. To top it all off, I cannot say enough about our wedding coordinators Melissa & Margaret. They were such a dream to work with during my months of planning. From the moment we met Melissa, we knew we were in good hands. She is so professional, detail-oriented and executes any brides vision plus some. Look no further than the Grandview for your special day. Our guests continue to tell us, "THIS IS THE BEST WEDDING WE HAVE EVER BEEN TO!" What an experience, THANK YOU SO MUCH!
  • Megan
    Megan Married on 06/21/2019

The Perfect Venue For Our Perfect Day

My husband and I chose The Grandview for our wedding day because it is stunning both inside and out. We were married outside on a beautiful, sunny June day overlooking the Hudson River. Our reception took place in the indoor ballroom, which was equally as beautiful with candles creating a romantic glow on all tables, along with our rose gold table runners and pale pink up-lighting.
    Melissa made sure everything was perfect the day of and was so wonderful to work with throughout the whole planning process. Any questions I needed answered were just a quick and simple email response back.
    Our wedding attendant, Shady, was an absolute doll the day of. She never missed a beat making sure my husband and I had anything we could possibly need every second of the night.
    We cannot say enough about our wonderful experience of having our wedding at The Grandview.
    Thank you again to Melissa, Margaret, Ryan, Shady and Victor for caring as much about our wedding day as we did. Our friends and family are still talking about how delicious the food was and how gorgeous it all turned out!
    We are forever grateful
    Alison Married on 06/01/2019

The best day ever!!

Wow!! I can not express enough how absolutely perfect The Grandview was for our wedding! From the first time viewing the venue up until our wedding day everything was perfect!! The Grandview was the first and only venue myself and my husband looked at for our wedding. We knew right away that was the spot for us! The staff are all so unbelievably kind and professional. Planning up to our big day we worked with Melissa and Ryan and they are both amazing! They know their stuff. Rosie and Nicole were our wedding attendants and they were wonderful! They were so friendly and made me and my husband feel so special! We found out it was Nicole's first wedding and she did amazing! We never would have known! Perfect job. The cocktail hour staff, reception/dinner staff, bartender.. all so wonderful! The food and drinks were top notch. All of our guests were raving about the food.. you will not go hungry! The Grandview also has a bridal suite available to you with your own bathroom and a room to have to yourself if you need some time to yourself for a moment or to freshen up. The location on the Hudson river can not be beat and is perfect for photos. I could go on and on about how wonderful everything was. My and my husband were so blown away by everything and can not thank The Grandview staff enough! 10/10 would absolutely reccomend!
    Andrea Married on 05/25/2019

VIP Service

100% top notch staff. They make you feel like you're their top priority, and will do anything to ensure your happiness. Food was copious and 5 star, drinks were all top shelf, and wow does the venue look incredible! Views to the Mid-Hudson Bridge and down south on the Hudson... Absolutely stunning.
    Blair C. Married on 05/25/2019

Amazingly wonderful

I've been to weddings here before and when I started looking I knew this is where I wanted mine. Beautiful scenery, wonderful staff, and great outdoor tent. Every single staff member I dealt with was wonderful. Whoever I emailed (and I sent a lot of them in a day or a week), never came off annoyed at the amount I sent, always answered in a timely manner and always found me an answer to my questions. I could not figure out what kind of cake I wanted, so I went back and forth emailing photos back and forth to make sure I knew what everything meant. Some people were late for our rehearsal, but we weren't rushed. Melissa waited until we absolutely couldn't wait any longer. I dealt with her 90% of the time, but if she was out of the office or something, someone else would email me with my answers. Everyone on my wedding day was wonderful. Brought my husband and I something from every table during cocktail hour and let us have our time alone, but made sure they were there if we needed them. They brought us in the ballroom before cocktail hour was over to make sure it was what we wanted. Something was out of place, I pointed it out and they were fixing it a second later. Always bringing my husband and I drinks throughout the night and making sure we have everything we needed. My wonderful husband put the cake in my face and got it on my dress a little, they brought me in the bridal suit and helped me clean up right away. Food was wonderful! The array of food at cocktail hour was amazing. I am being told still to this day, 3 months later, how good the food and drinks were.

Overall, they were wonderful. Whoever I dealt with knew everything about my wedding and made sure to help in any way possible.
  • Angela
    Angela U. Married on 04/12/2019

The Grandview made our wedding day the best day ever!

Where do I even begin? The Grandview was absolutely amazing from the very beginning when we toured the venue up until the very end. The Grandview made our wedding day so special. Despite the rain it was still everything we had hoped for and more! It was the best day ever! The Grandview made it all happen. First, we had the pleasure to have Margaret as our coordinator and she helped us plan every last detail so flawlessly. I truly enjoyed telling her all of our wedding planning highlights and freak outs lol. Second, Sonia our Bridal attendant was the absolute best! I like to call her a ninja as she kept appearing out of no where with margaritas, water, and even found my flip flops. She made me feel at ease and that is something I’ll truly never forget. Last, Angel our Maitre D' what else can I say but OUTSTANDING. He is the absolute best and I’m not just saying that because he provided us with the most beautiful flowers. He was with us EVERY step of the way and made the night run smoothly. From my pre walking down the aisle nerves, to finding my bouquet to toss, to finding my marriage certificate he was an actual ANGEL. The food and service was so outstanding our guests are still talking about it two weeks later. We had so much fun we almost wish we were a guest at our own wedding lol.
  • Mrs. Jjb
    Jennifer Married on 11/24/2018

Absolutely Perfect!

Our wedding at The Grandview went absolutely perfectly. I didn't intend to impress my guests, I only wanted to host them well but I got much better than planned. I was initially impressed with Janelle during our first visit and when comparing Grandviews packages to many, many others in the area, I just couldn't justify going anywhere else. The Bonura Group in general has nailed the hospitality thing. My husband and I, as well as all of my family, were treated like VIPs the entire day. They didn't miss a beat, everything was set up beautifully and better than I could have imagined. We were taken care of at every step of the way.

All of my guests are still raving about the food and desserts! We elected to do a stations wedding because it was earlier in the day and provided our guests with more options in a social atmosphere - so glad we did! Everyone loved it.

We were a relatively small wedding for this venue but I feel as though I received the same impressive level of service as any other bride. I would highly recommend a visit. If you do book, you can rest easy that you will be taken care of every step of the way.