The Grandview Reviews

246 Reviews for The Grandview

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

246 The Grandview Reviews

Larisa · Married on 09/23/2018

I cannot say enough amazing things about the Grandview other than besides choosing to spend the rest of my life with my amazing wife, choosing the Grandview as our wedding venue was the best decision we made. We felt so accepted there from the start, which was a large part of why we chose it. Janelle, Margaret and the rest of the staff were just outstanding, especially our bridal attendant for the day, Sonia! The whole planning process was made so much smoother because of Janelle's help and any time I had a question, she was there to answer it immediately. Literally everything about the Grandview was perfect--the food, the decor, the service, and most of all the spectacular setting in the outdoor tent (including the amazing sunset we were treated to!). We're thrilled to say that many of guests have told us our wedding was a "top 10" for them because of how beautiful it was. And we couldn't have done that all without the help of the Grandview! They may do plenty of weddings a year and be thought of as a wedding "factory" because of their amazing inclusive package, but we never felt we were "just another wedding" while working with them. They truly know how to execute a vision and make dreams become a reality.

The Grandview 1
    The Grandview 2

Jolee · Married on 09/07/2018

We had an amazing wedding here! Everything was perfect from the service to the food to the beautiful background of the Hudson River. I would get married here over and over if I could! Everyone loved the food and thought it was beautiful! Wonderful place to have a wedding or any huge party!

Julia · Married on 07/21/2018

The Grandview truly lives up to its name and overlooks the beautiful Hudson River. This was only one of the many elements that this remarkable establishment had to offer that immediately caught our attention when looking for wedding venues. We instantly fell in love with the location, beauty and elegance of the indoor ballroom, and hospitality of the entire staff.
    The Grandview’s director, Margaret, gave us extraordinary care and a truly unique experience throughout the planning process. She went above and beyond, catering to our every need. She is extremely attentive, engaging, genuine, and professional. Her level of commitment towards making our wedding day perfect really puts her in a league of her own.
    The day of our wedding, 7/21/2018, they continued to exceed our expectations. Sonya (Maitre D) is a cut above the rest. She oversaw all the fine details and had exceptional communication between the staff and vendors. She orchestrated and executed everything so flawlessly, prioritizing us at every moment. I also want to praise Angel (head server) who is a Jack-of-all-trades. Not only does he craft the exquisite floral arrangements at the Grandview, he provided us a kind of service like no other. He’s genuine, humble, professional, very skilled and proficient of his work, and a true artist. Furthermore, their cake artist is absolutely brilliant and a master of her craft. We had a very unique & technical cake design and she executed it perfectly. When she presented it to us, it actually took our breath away! Additionally, the food was exquisite and undeniably supreme!
    It really is surreal & overwhelmingly satisfying to have your plans come to fruition. We are so grateful for the Grandview and their entire staff for making our once-in-a-lifetime experience possible & elevate it to perfectly capture and express my husband’s and my love for each other. Overall, their standard of excellence far exceeds all others and their remarkable service is unparalleled!

samantha · Married on 07/06/2018

Deciding to choose the Grandview was the best decision ever! Not only is it beautiful inside and out, the staff was some of the best I have worked with in the hospitality industry. They made our day a piece of cake and my guests would not stop raving about the food and service. From beginning to end they were super organized, attentive, caring, and accommodating. The staff always had a smile on their face and were happy to be there celebrating with us at our wedding. If you want beautiful views, great food and service, choose The Grandview!

Annie · Married on 07/01/2018

Amazing staff, awesome food and great view.

Vickie · Married on 06/29/2018

The Grandview made our vision come to life. Throughout my entire engagement, the staff was there to answer any questions I had and help make our dreams become a reality. The pastry chef was amazing and created our custom five tier wedding cake to perfection. The food is outstanding and the view is spectacular. I would recommend The Grandview to any engaged couple!!

Christine · Married on 06/16/2018

The Grandview was an amazing location to have the reception for our wedding. Everyone was wonderful from the very first meeting to packing up our belongings after all the festivities had finished. All our guest we're in awe of the views and the friendly service everyone had received. Perfect experience.

Katey · Married on 06/15/2018

Most amazing staff I couldn’t have asked for more. The staff did an amazing job and know what they are doing and do it well. The space was gorgeous and everyone that came is complementing on it.

Annmarie · Married on 05/12/2018

The Grandview knows their events - they will make your wedding planning process so much easier! We had our reception in the ballroom and we worked with Margaret, who walked us through choosing our menu - guiding us to make sure we chose a solid variety for our guests and still making sure we got all of the food we wanted. You can attend multiple tastings, too, to try their offerings - I think you’d have to go to 5 to see all of their choices! Day of, everything ran smoothly - Angel, the maitre d, was on top of everything and made sure we had everything we needed. We also had some extras, like a memorial table and a fallen soldier table, that they set up without a hitch. All of our guests had a fantastic time and loved the food, the cake - you can’t go wrong at the Grandview!

Sent on 06/03/2018

The Grandview's reply:

Thank you for the review. Annmarie we love what we do because of people like you.
  • F

Francesca · Married on 02/18/2018

The Grandview was far and away our best decision for our wedding. From start to finish they took care of us and accommodated our every need. We ended up working with Margaret, Melissa and Janelle and all three were super friendly, helpful and most importantly incredibly patient. They helped us plan the perfect evening and their services were invaluable. We cannot thank them enough!

The staff at the Grandview were incredible. Between setting up our place cards, memorial table, and special decorations, our evening had such a special and unique feel to it thanks to their wonderful work. The entire night our guests could not stop complimenting how great the food was and how wonderful the service was. We would like to give a special thank you to our Maitre D Angel, and head server Vanessa who were outstanding. They were always at arms length ready to help us with every request big and small and had no problem accommodating some last minute ad hoc requests.

We loved everything about the Grandview and would strongly recommend it to any couple looking for a spectacular venue!

Sent on 03/13/2018

The Grandview's reply:

Francesca, you and Dave were a pleasure to work with. We all enjoyed working with you both the entire planning process!

Jacqueline · Married on 11/12/2017

The Grandview was the best possible choice we could have made in planning our wedding. The staff is courteous and beyond helpful. We were treated like royalty and our guest were treated the same way. We received nothing but compliments about The Grandview. From the beautiful view, excellent staff, delicious food, to the overall presentation. It was a tremendous value.

Sent on 01/19/2015

The Grandview's reply:

Jacqueline, thank you for the wonderful review!

Maria · Married on 11/11/2017

Our venue couldn't be better, prettier and just the most beautiful place for wedding!!! Beautiful view on Hudson River and the way they treat you for that money is incredible!!! I am super grateful for Gabi and Sofia. Angel safes our ceremony when our florist forgot flowers for one bridesmaid!
    Very very happy about everything!!! Thank you guys! You are the best!!!

Kathleen · Married on 10/27/2017

Our wedding day was absolutely spectacular as a result of the superior service provided by the Grandview. Throughout the planning process Margaret was there to answer every question we could possibly think of. On the day of, Victor and Debbie took care of every minute detail, and walked us through the venue to ensure it met our expectations. The staff is very attentive whether its making sure your drink gets filled when it’s getting low or making sure you have each type of food from your cocktail hour, you are in good hands. The in-house bakery did a gorgeous job designing our cake. The venue was beautiful, the service was impeccable, and the food was delicious! We wish we could relive our wedding day just to enjoy the venue one more time!

Paulina · Married on 10/14/2017

We got married at The Grandview on 10/14/17 and it was absolutely amazing! The venue name speaks for itself because their view is spectacular!! We do not have a single negative thing to say about this venue. The staff was so sweet and professional. We worked with Margaret and she felt like and old friend! She's sweet, patient, professional, flexible and answered all emails promptly. We live in the DC area so planning so many states away was very hectic but Margaret really made it simple and helped to take as much stress off us as possible! She went absolutely above and beyond to ensure our day was perfect. The food, drinks and dessert are to die for!!! Our guests are still talking about it a month after the wedding!! We cannot recommend The Grandview enough! Thank you for making our wedding unforgettable!!

Danielle · Married on 10/13/2017

We could not say enough good things about the Grandview!! From our first visit, to the end of the wedding day, we were consistently blown away by the level of service, care, delicious food, absolutely gorgeous setting, and did we say delicious food? We spent countless hours and miles in our car searching for the perfect wedding venue option. The moment we walked in, our jaws dropped and excitement set in. We were planning a wedding from out of state, and they helped us through the process. They coach you through each step, providing clear instructions and helpful lists, giving you an idea of what the day looks like, what is expected from you, and what they are doing as well. The wedding couple gets treated like royalty for a day, with someone always caring for you, helping you, filling your drink, making sure you have food, helping with timing of when to walk down the aisle, I mean everything. It takes the stress of the wedding day out - and you can simply enjoy the best day of your life. They make it more than just a hired venue and service. They take the time, care, and attention to not just meet the expectations, but make sure you are happy. On a day filled with emotion, weight, and importance in your life, they get that. We were in disbelief with the food. The options and stations and ideas are fun, creative, classy, and sure to be a WOW factor to your guests. We had a GORGEOUS cake done for us, and it matched perfectly to the photo inspiration we provided. The scenery and setting, is unbeatable. It is also cost effective for what you get. We created so many pricing, pros and cons lists, but Grandview was the best. Lastly, we would like to thank all staff, from the bottom of our hearts, for all the hard work that was put in to make our day what it was. It wouldn't have been the same anywhere else. We could not tell you how many of our guests said it was the best wedding they ever attended in their life. Here's to many more happy couples being married there!!!

Robyn · Married on 10/01/2017

Our wedding was amazing. From the initial visit to the last song, the staff was amazing. Our head server, Sonya, was always right there to meet our every need, as was the wonderful maitre d. My guests were in awe with the views and the beautiful grounds, as were my husband and I. The food was spectacular... Every person raved about it! My only complaint is that we had to end the night at 10:30 pm because of the apartment complex next door and the noise ordinance in the town. My one suggestion to the Grandview would be to try to fight that to allow people more time to enjoy the events.

Tina · Married on 09/30/2017

My fiance and I were so happy with the service, the food, our wedding attendant and maitre D were awesome. They helped me so much when things went wrong. You made us happy when we were down when some mishaps came up. Thank you so much for everything you did for us. Our guests were in awe about the donut wall curtain rising and also the bar curtain rising. Everyone loved the food and cake more than other weddings that they attended.

Colleen · Married on 09/29/2017

The Grandview made my wedding night magical. They were there to help with whatever was needed and made sure the night went as smooth as possible! My guests still cannot stop raving about how wonderful the night was. We were very pleased with how everything turned out!

• In Jung

In Jung · Married on 09/29/2017

Margaret, Sonia and Angel were AMAZING to work with. Margaret was so detailed and organized and was always very responsive with any questions we had. Sonia was my saving grace! My strap broke and she fixed it right away and Angel did such a great job of taking care of everyone. We haven't received a Single negative feedback, the entire staff was on point and made my wedding day more perfect than I can imagine. Thank you everyone for making it so special

D'Andra · Married on 09/29/2017

You guys were more than amazing. So tentative and for such an emotional day, giving my circumstances with losing my mom last month , you guys went above and beyond to relate personally (my bridal attendant) and make sure the night was perfect. I have received so many compliments on the food, wait staff and scenery. I would recommend the Grandview to everyone and anyone. From the moment I got there I felt like a princess. I Really couldn't have asked for a better venue to host such a memorable night. Thank you guys so, so much.

The Grandview 3
    The Grandview 4
    The Grandview 5
    The Grandview 6

Sheetal · Married on 09/23/2017

Our wedding day was everything and more we ever dreamed of! From the very start, they were very responsive and flexible with all of our questions and suggestions making it an easy process till the final day!! On our big day, everything was like clock work .. Our maitre de's ( we had 2 of them) ensured the entire wedding party was always looked after, the servers were very attentive to all our guests and the view is without saying breath taking, their attention to detail and presentation was ON point!!! Our guests have not stopped raving about our day and I have already started recommending this venue to many couples! Thank you making our day memorable!!!!!

April · Married on 09/03/2017

I cannot say enough good things about The Grandview. Our day turned out absolutely perfect and we owe a huge thank you to The Grandview and their amazing staff for that. First off, we love Margaret! She calmed any worries we had up until the night before our big day. She was instrumental in keeping us calm and on track during the entire process. Victor and Cait made our big day incredible! They were there every step of the way making sure we were happy with everything and making us feel at ease and particularly special. A HUGE thank you to Cait who did not hesitate to throw her body in front of a sprinkler on the dock for me (shortly after taking a fall for me - this will be a moment we will never forget). All of our family could not stop raving about how amazing the staff was the entire night, incredibly attentive and friendly! And THE FOOD - phenomenal! EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT! Thank you a thousand times to everyone who made our wedding one to remember! We appreciate the extraordinary effort from each and every one of you.

Noelle · Married on 09/02/2017

Everything was perfect the day of our wedding. Margaret, Angel and Katelyn were all exceptional! They made sure everything went smoothly. Katelyn was always there on my side throughout the whole event and did a great job with my wedding dress mishap. We received many compliments about the view, the food, the tent and just the whole venue.
    We decided to go with the brunch pampered package, which gave us access to beautiful shots on the marina and they provided a perfect amount of selection of food for the bridal party. The Grandview view crew were there for us throughout our whole wedding planning journey. It was such an amazing, unforgettable experience. We highly recommended this place.
    We want to again thank everyone at the Grandview!

Nicole · Married on 09/01/2017

My husband and I got married at The Grandview on 9/1/17. The entire staff went above and beyond to make sure we had the best possible day. Our bridal attendant Sonia was the sweetest and most helpful to us the entire night. The Grandview took the vision I had for my wedding and made it a reality!