236 Reviews for The Grandview

Chocolate Fountain (6)
Buffet (4)
Event Rentals (3)
236 The Grandview Reviews

The Grandview knows their events - they will make your wedding planning process so much easier! We had our reception in the ballroom and we worked with Margaret, who walked us through choosing our menu - guiding us to make sure we chose a solid variety for our guests and still making sure we got all of the food we wanted. You can attend multiple tastings, too, to try their offerings - I think you’d have to go to 5 to see all of their choices! Day of, everything ran smoothly - Angel, the maitre d, was on top of everything and made sure we had everything we needed. We also had some extras, like a memorial table and a fallen soldier table, that they set up without a hitch. All of our guests had a fantastic time and loved the food, the cake - you can’t go wrong at the Grandview!

Profile Picture Annmarie, 5/12/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Flatware, Linens, Cake, Parking, Shuttle, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Indoor

The Grandview was far and away our best decision for our wedding. From start to finish they took care of us and accommodated our every need. We ended up working with Margaret, Melissa and Janelle and all three were super friendly, helpful and most importantly incredibly patient. They helped us plan the perfect evening and their services were invaluable. We cannot thank them enough!

The staff at the Grandview were incredible. Between setting up our place cards, memorial table, and special decorations, our evening had such a special and unique feel to it thanks to their wonderful work. The entire night our guests could not stop complimenting how great the food was and how wonderful the service was. We would like to give a special thank you to our Maitre D Angel, and head server Vanessa who were outstanding. They were always at arms length ready to help us with every request big and small and had no problem accommodating some last minute ad hoc requests.

We loved everything about the Grandview and would strongly recommend it to any couple looking for a spectacular venue!

Profile Picture Francesca, 2/18/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Grandview was the best possible choice we could have made in planning our wedding. The staff is courteous and beyond helpful. We were treated like royalty and our guest were treated the same way. We received nothing but compliments about The Grandview. From the beautiful view, excellent staff, delicious food, to the overall presentation. It was a tremendous value.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User3708601, Recently Married, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our venue couldn't be better, prettier and just the most beautiful place for wedding!!! Beautiful view on Hudson River and the way they treat you for that money is incredible!!! I am super grateful for Gabi and Sofia. Angel safes our ceremony when our florist forgot flowers for one bridesmaid!
Very very happy about everything!!! Thank you guys! You are the best!!!

Profile Picture Maria, 11/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Tents, Uncovered Outdoor, Shuttle, Valet, Chocolate Fountain, Flatware, Linens

Our wedding day was absolutely spectacular as a result of the superior service provided by the Grandview. Throughout the planning process Margaret was there to answer every question we could possibly think of. On the day of, Victor and Debbie took care of every minute detail, and walked us through the venue to ensure it met our expectations. The staff is very attentive whether its making sure your drink gets filled when it’s getting low or making sure you have each type of food from your cocktail hour, you are in good hands. The in-house bakery did a gorgeous job designing our cake. The venue was beautiful, the service was impeccable, and the food was delicious! We wish we could relive our wedding day just to enjoy the venue one more time!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 10/27/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Flatware, Linens, Indoor

We got married at The Grandview on 10/14/17 and it was absolutely amazing! The venue name speaks for itself because their view is spectacular!! We do not have a single negative thing to say about this venue. The staff was so sweet and professional. We worked with Margaret and she felt like and old friend! She's sweet, patient, professional, flexible and answered all emails promptly. We live in the DC area so planning so many states away was very hectic but Margaret really made it simple and helped to take as much stress off us as possible! She went absolutely above and beyond to ensure our day was perfect. The food, drinks and dessert are to die for!!! Our guests are still talking about it a month after the wedding!! We cannot recommend The Grandview enough! Thank you for making our wedding unforgettable!!

Profile Picture Paulina, 10/14/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not say enough good things about the Grandview!! From our first visit, to the end of the wedding day, we were consistently blown away by the level of service, care, delicious food, absolutely gorgeous setting, and did we say delicious food? We spent countless hours and miles in our car searching for the perfect wedding venue option. The moment we walked in, our jaws dropped and excitement set in. We were planning a wedding from out of state, and they helped us through the process. They coach you through each step, providing clear instructions and helpful lists, giving you an idea of what the day looks like, what is expected from you, and what they are doing as well. The wedding couple gets treated like royalty for a day, with someone always caring for you, helping you, filling your drink, making sure you have food, helping with timing of when to walk down the aisle, I mean everything. It takes the stress of the wedding day out - and you can simply enjoy the best day of your life. They make it more than just a hired venue and service. They take the time, care, and attention to not just meet the expectations, but make sure you are happy. On a day filled with emotion, weight, and importance in your life, they get that. We were in disbelief with the food. The options and stations and ideas are fun, creative, classy, and sure to be a WOW factor to your guests. We had a GORGEOUS cake done for us, and it matched perfectly to the photo inspiration we provided. The scenery and setting, is unbeatable. It is also cost effective for what you get. We created so many pricing, pros and cons lists, but Grandview was the best. Lastly, we would like to thank all staff, from the bottom of our hearts, for all the hard work that was put in to make our day what it was. It wouldn't have been the same anywhere else. We could not tell you how many of our guests said it was the best wedding they ever attended in their life. Here's to many more happy couples being married there!!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/13/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Parking, Shuttle, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Flatware, Linens, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Tents

Our wedding was amazing. From the initial visit to the last song, the staff was amazing. Our head server, Sonya, was always right there to meet our every need, as was the wonderful maitre d. My guests were in awe with the views and the beautiful grounds, as were my husband and I. The food was spectacular... Every person raved about it! My only complaint is that we had to end the night at 10:30 pm because of the apartment complex next door and the noise ordinance in the town. My one suggestion to the Grandview would be to try to fight that to allow people more time to enjoy the events.

Profile Picture Robyn, 10/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My fiance and I were so happy with the service, the food, our wedding attendant and maitre D were awesome. They helped me so much when things went wrong. You made us happy when we were down when some mishaps came up. Thank you so much for everything you did for us. Our guests were in awe about the donut wall curtain rising and also the bar curtain rising. Everyone loved the food and cake more than other weddings that they attended.

Profile Picture Tina, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The Grandview made my wedding night magical. They were there to help with whatever was needed and made sure the night went as smooth as possible! My guests still cannot stop raving about how wonderful the night was. We were very pleased with how everything turned out!

Profile Picture Colleen, 9/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Margaret, Sonia and Angel were AMAZING to work with. Margaret was so detailed and organized and was always very responsive with any questions we had. Sonia was my saving grace! My strap broke and she fixed it right away and Angel did such a great job of taking care of everyone. We haven't received a Single negative feedback, the entire staff was on point and made my wedding day more perfect than I can imagine. Thank you everyone for making it so special

Profile Picture In Jung, 9/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

You guys were more than amazing. So tentative and for such an emotional day, giving my circumstances with losing my mom last month , you guys went above and beyond to relate personally (my bridal attendant) and make sure the night was perfect. I have received so many compliments on the food, wait staff and scenery. I would recommend the Grandview to everyone and anyone. From the moment I got there I felt like a princess. I Really couldn't have asked for a better venue to host such a memorable night. Thank you guys so, so much.

Profile Picture D'Andra, 9/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding day was everything and more we ever dreamed of! From the very start, they were very responsive and flexible with all of our questions and suggestions making it an easy process till the final day!! On our big day, everything was like clock work .. Our maitre de's ( we had 2 of them) ensured the entire wedding party was always looked after, the servers were very attentive to all our guests and the view is without saying breath taking, their attention to detail and presentation was ON point!!! Our guests have not stopped raving about our day and I have already started recommending this venue to many couples! Thank you making our day memorable!!!!!

Profile Picture Sheetal, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough good things about The Grandview. Our day turned out absolutely perfect and we owe a huge thank you to The Grandview and their amazing staff for that. First off, we love Margaret! She calmed any worries we had up until the night before our big day. She was instrumental in keeping us calm and on track during the entire process. Victor and Cait made our big day incredible! They were there every step of the way making sure we were happy with everything and making us feel at ease and particularly special. A HUGE thank you to Cait who did not hesitate to throw her body in front of a sprinkler on the dock for me (shortly after taking a fall for me - this will be a moment we will never forget). All of our family could not stop raving about how amazing the staff was the entire night, incredibly attentive and friendly! And THE FOOD - phenomenal! EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT! Thank you a thousand times to everyone who made our wedding one to remember! We appreciate the extraordinary effort from each and every one of you.

Profile Picture April, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was perfect the day of our wedding. Margaret, Angel and Katelyn were all exceptional! They made sure everything went smoothly. Katelyn was always there on my side throughout the whole event and did a great job with my wedding dress mishap. We received many compliments about the view, the food, the tent and just the whole venue.
We decided to go with the brunch pampered package, which gave us access to beautiful shots on the marina and they provided a perfect amount of selection of food for the bridal party. The Grandview view crew were there for us throughout our whole wedding planning journey. It was such an amazing, unforgettable experience. We highly recommended this place.
We want to again thank everyone at the Grandview!

Profile Picture Noelle, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married at The Grandview on 9/1/17. The entire staff went above and beyond to make sure we had the best possible day. Our bridal attendant Sonia was the sweetest and most helpful to us the entire night. The Grandview took the vision I had for my wedding and made it a reality!

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We're so happy that we picked The Grandview as our wedding venue! Our guests are still talking about how beautiful our wedding was. Everything from the food, the service and the views were amazing. We couldn't have asked for a more picturesque wedding location. Thank you for helping to make our wedding so perfect!

Profile Picture Andrea, 8/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Flatware, Linens, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, Covered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Tents, Parking, Shuttle, Valet, Wheelchair Access

The Grandview was absolutely spectacular! I can't speak highly enough about the staff! From all the guidance and support I received from Melissa Baez and Margeret Bower to the staff the day of the wedding. You truly do not need to worry about a single thing the day of your wedding - they will take care of you. My Husband and I looked at many vendors up and down NY state as our family is split across the state (Western NY and NYC). When we visited The Grandview I immediately felt like Melissa understood what we were looking in a wedding venue. She helped us every step of the way and answered every question we had! Melissa ended up leaving on maternity leave just a few months before our wedding. I was nervous since I had only really worked with her the during my year of planning. As you can expect, Margaret picked up right where Melissa left off and didn't miss a beat!! It was fabulous!! The venue is absolutely gorgeous!! If you have the opportunity to go to a tasting or a wedding show at the venue I would highly recommend it (they are a lot of fun and a great way to see what venue)! Our wedding day was perfect. The cocktail hour is like nothing I have seen before. The guest raved about all the food and how spectacularly it was presented! Dinner was amazing - well prepared and very timely. Although there were MANY desserts options, we chose a few of the options but my husband and I chose to create our own spectacular desserts options too. The team was so accommodating. We had Greek and Italian pastries, cookies, ice cream bar, cannoli filling station, Groomsman cake and so much more! They made our vision come true beyond belief. Our guests continue to RAVE about the wedding, presentation and perfect professionalism of everyone at The Grandview. We had the time of our life at our wedding!! We could not be happier with all the lovely memories we have from our special day! Thank you so much, everyone, at The Grandview! Love, Stephanie & Andrei Romei

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Tents, Bridal Suite, Cake, Shuttle

From the moment I walked into the Grandview, I knew it was going to be a perfect wedding venue. What I didn’t know, was how truly wonderful the service and staff would be throughout the entire planning process. My fiancé and I worked with Margaret and she was absolutely wonderful. She patiently listened to all of our questions, gave us great advice and really helped us through the planning process so that we were fully able to enjoy our day. The staff at the Grandview was amazing; assisting my family during photos, setting up all of our wedding items and checking in with all of our vendors. During the reception, the staff gave exceptional service, even cocktailing drinks to a few of my older guests. The facility was clean, beautiful and very well maintained. If you’re considering a wedding venue in Poughkeepsie, look no further than the Grandview!

Profile Picture Emma, 8/5/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Flatware, Covered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Tents, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, Parking, Shuttle, Valet, Wheelchair Access

Words cannot even express how amazing The Grandview is. They are a well oiled machine with amazing staff and amazing food. My guests could not stop raving about our wedding. The location is perfection, the staff are so very attentive, and the food is some of the best myself, my husband, and our guests have had at a wedding venue. All I can say is HAVE YOUR WEDDING HERE!

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I am so pleased with the service and the staff that we had for our wedding. The food was amazing and all of my guests were so impressed! You guys were amazing from the day i looked at the venue to the day our wedding took place! Thank you guys for everything!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I wish I could give the Grandview more than 5 stars! They are an absolutely INCREDIBLE wedding venue!!! We had our wedding in the outdoor ballroom, and the view and ambiance was absolutely breathtaking. We planned the wedding long-distance from Nevada, without a wedding planner, and the staff at Grandview made long-distance planning seem like a breeze! They are so responsive, and they go above and beyond to make sure every detail is perfect. They set up our decorations perfectly, and even added little touches that matched our colors. The food was amazing, especially the cocktail hour!!! So much delicious food. My husband and I were so busy talking to guests during the cocktail hour, but when we went back to our suite, they had made us a plate of each appetizer to have. Angel and Sonya checked in on us throughout the night and made sure my husband and I were always taken care of. I highly recommend the Grandview!! They will make the planning and your actual wedding day stress-free, enjoyable, and amazing.

Profile Picture Mary, 6/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Grandview was absolutely wonderful! They have of course a beautiful venue, but more importantly an incredible team of staff members! From sales, to our on-site coordinator and maître d - everyone was so friendly and great to work with! Our on-site coordinator was so attentive to myself and my husband all night! Making sure we were getting food, topping off our drinks, and making sure we got the photos we wanted, especially down by the water. We had so many compliments on our wedding venue from the beautiful scenery and views to the amazing food. Everyone loved the food! I can't say enough good things about the Grandview!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 6/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If not for the fact that I'm writing this review from my cellphone at 6am this would be about ten pages- of praise. I'll keep it simple- book your wedding here. My wife and I were in the outdoor Ballroom/ tent on Labor Day weekend. Amazing. Theres nothing more to say other than this place is awesome, the staff is awesome, and there is no other place to book in the Hudson Valley... maybe even New York as a whole.

Thankyou to The Grandview for making our dreams come true in every way.

Profile Picture domflo, 6/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Tents, Bridal Suite, Cake, Parking, Shuttle, Valet, Flatware, Linens, Covered Outdoor