The Grafton Inn Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• Lori
    Lori P. Married on 05/14/2022

Outstanding Experience

Olivia and her team at the Grafton Inn did such a wonderful job with our daughter's intimate, informal wedding. They were incredibly helpful and flexible to ensure the wedding was just what my daughter and her husband wanted. The ceremony was in the garden, and the reception was in their beautiful barn. Our guests commented on what a lovely wedding and location it was, and how delicious the food was. Also, we spent a few days at the Inn prior to the wedding and had such a fun time with family and friends hiking, playing disc golf, enjoying a bonfire and s'mores, and just relaxing at the Inn. We could not have been happier with our experience with the Grafton Inn and highly recommend Olivia and her team.
    E W Married on 05/02/2022

Outstanding all around

The entire experience through Grafton for our wedding was impeccably managed - Olivia and Olivia clearly laid out what was expected from us, met and emailed with us regularly to ensure things were on track, was always able to answer our questions, and was available up through the ceremony to ensure things went well. There were essentially no areas of stress - the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and all other activities we planned through the weekend (including a little orienteering adventure in the nearby Grafton trails for our guests) went off without a hitch. Highly recommended, and an amazing venue and staff all around.
  • Shannon
    Shannon Married on 04/30/2022

A Dream Come True Wedding & Experience!

Quite literally the best, most magical weekend we could have ever imagined for our wedding. We are still basking in the glow from our wedding weekend in Grafton and so much of that has to do with The Grafton Inn and the special people who work at this storybook venue. We can't stop talking about it and neither can our family and friends. We, and everyone at the wedding were blown away and constantly impressed by everything - it felt like they were always four steps ahead! The hospitality, friendliness and overall demeanor of all the staff was so welcoming, warm and attentive. Beyond the people, was the incredible food; all of our guests and us couldn't stop talking about the food - absolutely incredible. I was eating off my wife's plate after finishing mine every morning! Everything about the weekend was truly and absolutely perfect, we wouldn't change a thing and we would do it over again in a heartbeat! And, we would be remiss to not mention both Olivia and Angela. We feel so lucky to have them in our lives, let alone help us and guide us through the biggest weekend of our lives. They are without a doubt boss-ladies and we feel like we have gained life-long friends through this p
    Cara F. Married on 02/26/2022

A dream wedding!

The Grafton Inn was the most amazing place to have a winter wedding or probably any wedding. The inn had absolutely everything I wanted; from stunning landscape, buildings, and rooms to enough houses and rooms so everyone could stay in the same place (which makes everything more fun.) The food was also incredible, hands down best wedding food. We stayed in White Gates which was a small mansion on the property that was so cool, with fireplaces and a baby grand piano, it was perfect for pictures, relaxing, and gathering. Olivia the wedding planner was the absolute best, she was so helpful and anything I asked, she was like yeah we can do that. She helped make my wedding so special and so very us! Wedding planning can be stressful but Olivia, Angela and The Grafton Inn made it so easy and enjoyable. It was the best decision we made having the wedding there, I highly, highly recommend it.
    Ellis L. Married on 02/17/2022

Just Perfect

Our wedding at The Grafton Inn was perfect! Their attention to detail was incredible. We wanted a vegetarian wedding and they were so accommodating to this request. A 5 star rating is not high enough for the Grafton Inn - they are a 10! Everyone who works at the Inn from the person who checks you in to the person who serves you breakfast was so nice and helpful. Olivia, the event planner, was so easy to work with and always there for us from start to finish. I am a well organized person but she takes it to a whole other level! I highly highly received The Grafton Inn for your wedding.
  • Patrick
    Patrick M. Married on 01/22/2022

Couldn't be happier

We couldn't be happier with our wedding planning and wedding weekend experience at The Grafton Inn. It is a special place and a beautiful setting year round. We had a winter wedding and the best part was that everything is within walking distance so snow was not an issue for our guests. The entire weekend was perfect and the Grafton Inn operated so smoothly. We are so happy with how the wedding turned out and wouldn't change a thing. Compliments are still rolling in from our guests months later, and it seems like everyone had as much fun as we did. None of it would have been possible without Olivia and Angela, the best wedding coordinators we could hope for, and the entire Grafton Inn team! Everyone was so friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and great to work with throughout the entire process.
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia Q. Married on 12/04/2021

Amazing! Everything we wished for!

The Grafton Inn was an amazing venue. Our wedding was everything we had hoped- and this is mainly due to the venue!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie E. Married on 11/20/2021

Late November Wedding at the Grafton Inn

There are not words to explain how wonderful and accommodating the team at the Grafton Inn was throughout our wedding planning process. We could not have picked a better venue to gather our nearest and dearest to celebrate our wedding. Despite the challenges planning a wedding amidst COVID presented there was not once Olivia and her team did not go above and beyond to accompany our needs. Whenever you arrive at the Inn you immediately feel welcome and at home.
  • Karen
    Karen Married on 11/13/2021

Just two people coming as one during a pandemic in state that is dear to us

Words cannot express how grateful my husband and I are for all the work that Olivia and her team to make our wedding happen! Olivia was extremely responsive to every email that I sent. I think we practically spoke at least twice each week, even before signing the contract! My husband loves the historical aspect of the Inn and its quaintness of it. We also felt that Olivia was straightforward to talk to and wasn’t pushy at all as she talked about what the Grafton Inn has to offer.
    Being that we were planning a wedding during a pandemic with ever-changing Covid gathering restrictions. We were crossing our fingers that we could have a micro wedding with no more than 15 guests, and she worked with us to plan as if we might be able to have some guests, but also preparing for the most restricted setting of just having an elopement with the two of us. We ultimately decided to have the two of us since that would be the safest way to go and avoid the hurt feelings with family members who may not be able to make the cut for our guest list of 15. She helped create a schedule for our weekend and found a florist that could include my succulent in my bouquet. My husband and I did hit a little bump on Friday when we were supposed to arrive due to me messing up the appointment time with the town clerk, but Olivia was there to check in with the clerk to see if we were able to pick up the license at our scheduled time. She even got the clerk to stay past our appointment time to try to pick up the license.
    The dinner at the Pub was great, and there was live music that night which was awesome. The day of the wedding could not have been any better. The wait staff at the Tavern and Pine room were friendly as well. Our meals were fantastic and delicious. The suite was spacious, comfortable, and ideal for two couples on their wedding. Everything that was stated in the elopement package was already in the room, ready for us.
    We had time to decorate the space, and before the ceremony started and Olivia lit all my candles and started the fireplace for us. Even though the whole process was 2 hours, we enjoyed every second of it, and we didn’t feel rushed at all. It was just us, the officiant, Olivia, Allie, and our family on Zoom during the ceremony. As my husband and I took photos, Olivia broke down the ceremony space and organized my materials, so it was easy for us to pack up. I am so glad that I could find this location on my Google search for a micro wedding in Vermont. It was such as great value, and I truly did not feel overwhelmed during the planning process. Vermont has a special place in our heart, and now this location too.
    Tory N. Married on 10/09/2021

Dream wedding location

Olivia and Angela from The Grafton Inn are godsends, truly. Our wedding was delayed due to COVID and they could not have made it easier for us to reschedule. They are kind, flexible, detail oriented, and true professionals. I cannot say enough good things about our experience working with them. The Grafton Inn is also the most picturesque place for a wedding in New England. Our guests loved their stay in this quaint town.
    Autumn G. Married on 09/11/2021

Best weekend of our lives

The Grafton Inn will forever hold a special place in our hearts. The professionalism of the staff was more than we could ask for. Everything was taken care of for us. Big shoutout to Olivia for arranging everything and making it absolutely perfect. We could not have asked for a better situation.
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey O. Married on 07/31/2021

The staff, the venue, the experience.. it was like a dream.

My husband and I knew from the moment we got to Grafton Inn that this was where we wanted to get married. It was only the second venue we visited and had no reason to look any further. The experience here is different than other venues, it is a full weekend of being submersed in a quintessential New England town surrounded by all that you love. The community garden was where we held our ceremony, I had dreamt of an aisle lined with trees as long as I can remember. Dinner was served in the inn and then you move to the barn for the reception.. this is such an amazing concept. Everyone sits and enjoys dinner and then moves to the dancing and fun. No one gets stuck in their assigned seats in a huge hall. THE STAFF - I don't know how they do it. Every member of the staff goes above and beyond to ensure that you have the best experience of your life. They are everywhere and know what you need before you know you need it. The person pouring coffee in the morning may have served your wine the night before. I am not sure they ever go home! Truly amazing service. Olivia is outstanding. She knows what she is doing - she ensured our day was perfect down to every detail. IF something went wrong, I never knew about it. She kept me calm, she was always there if needed, definitely someone you want around on your day. Angela, the inn keeper, also incredible and you can tell by the amazing staff she has. She is everywhere, helping out where needed and making this place run seamlessly. Cannot recommend this venue enough. One of our musts was that we didn't want to work or stress the day of and this amazing team made sure of that. It was our dream wedding and more.
    Linda K. Married on 07/20/2021

Best wedding experience!

To Angela, Olivia and the Staff at the Grafton Inn - Can’t thank you enough for all of your help with planning and overseeing Lauren and Craig’s beautiful wedding! The two of you and the entire staff at the Inn were lovely and couldn’t have been more accommodating! The Inn and the environs made a perfect setting for the wedding, and we were so thrilled that we were able to hold it this year. (July 2021) The food was excellent, the accommodations and grounds were beautiful, and all of our guests had a marvelous time! The bride and groom were so happy and relaxed the entire weekend!! We were reassured knowing that we were in your capable hands throughout our event.

We encourage everyone to have their wedding at the Grafton Inn. We promise it will be a magnificent event and a memory of a lifetime for the bride, groom, family and friends!!

Linda and David Kay
    Laryssa F. Married on 07/08/2021

Completely perfect

We were so excited when we first read about the Grafton Inn’s ‘Microwedding’ package. It seemed so easy, affordable, and intimate. We couldn’t be happier with our decision to go this route. The entire experience was completely perfect for us and our 18 loved ones. Olivia and her team are a well-oiled machine, ready to accommodate in any way they can. I changed my ceremony location and time the morning of due to weather, and they made it happen. The food was delicious, accommodations were top notch. Our photos came out amazing because the Inn and grounds make such a gorgeous backdrop. Whether you’re doing a micro or traditional wedding, I highly recommend the Grafton Inn!
  • Kelly
    Kelly M. Married on 06/19/2021

It was the PERFECT venue and we couldn't have hoped for more!

We couldn't have asked for a better wedding experience. Olivia and Angela were so helpful and attentive to our needs. The town is absolutely beautiful, and the inn was the perfect venue for our wedding.

The micro-wedding package was perfect for us. Everything was taken care of and stress free. From the delicious welcome dinner to every last detail of the wedding itself - ceremony location, flowers, place settings, cocktail hour, photography, etc - it was truly a dream come true. We would absolutely recommend The Grafton Inn for any wedding, large or small. You won't regret it!
  • Lucky
    Lucky C. Married on 05/18/2021

An AMAZING experience and beautiful Wedding day at the Grafton Inn

My husband and I had the best wedding weekend at the Grafton Inn. When we were venue searching in Vermont, we knew we wanted a small, intimate affair with greenery and mountains. We knew instantly that this was the place to say our "I do's" in front of our loved ones because of the charm. We were so pleased from start to finish that they were able to accommodate our group and answer all of our questions. When our group arrived, it was instantly like walking in a dream-like world; the small town made us feel like we were the only people there, the exquisite food had everyone 'mmmm-ing' constantly, and the beautiful scenery with the hum of the Saxtons River close by was just amazing to experience. We got nothing but compliments about how awesome this place was by our friends and family! Our day ran so smooth with the help of Olivia and team, and we really felt the micro wedding package was of great value to our small elopement style wedding. We could not have experienced a better day and we wish we could relive it every day!
    Annie C. Married on 02/10/2021

Totally spectacular! From start to finish!

We had the pleasure of having our wedding at The Grafton Inn in October. From start to finish, it was the absolute best experience. Olivia and Angela took care of every last detail from the minute we reached out about securing the venue until the moment we checked out the day after the wedding.

Planning a wedding in Vermont for late October - when it could be sunny and 75 or a blizzard or anywhere in between is extremely challenging and yet they prepared us for every possibility and handled everything with tremendous flexibility - and enthusiasm! For example, we shifted our ceremony from outside to inside the day before the wedding and it was lovely and flawless.

And the food? WHERE TO BEGIN! We had our Rehearsal Dinner the night before and all our guests feasted on the most delectable Thanksgiving style dinner that to this day people are still raving about! The food at the wedding was out of this world. We had some very foodie guests and they were delighted at how amazing the food was.

Olivia and Angela ran the wedding day like a well oiled machine - what with agendas, timing, people being where they needed to be when, coordinating with vendors, etc - it was incredible. And it allowed my husband and I to focus entirely on getting married and not worrying about any detail.

The entire staff of The Grafton Inn are wonderful - so friendly, so fun, so delightful. I cannot say enough about how at home they made us and our guests feel. Truly.

The Grafton Inn and the town of Grafton are very special - you will not regret getting married here.
  • Sierra
    Sierra R. Married on 01/02/2021

The Perfect Elopement!!

When we got engaged last fall we knew we wanted to do a winter wedding and something small. I’m in graduate school and needed to get onto my partner's health insurance before next winter, so…we went for the elopement, just the two of us! I looked at tons of different elopement packages from all over Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine before finding The Grafton Inn, and I am so glad I found them.

Having Olivia's help throughout this process as our wedding planner and having the florist and photography handled as part of the elopement package really sold us and made Grafton our top choice. So many venues don’t provide vendors or recommendations for photography and flowers, or even a JOP in elopement packages, but were much more expensive! We would have had to coordinate that ourselves in addition to preparing, and I wanted something that would be less stressful on my end. Thankfully, we had Olivia and everyone in Grafton instead! Our photographer, Ali Pierre (Loveland Creative), was amazing and made taking our wedding photos so easy and fun. We wanted to do outdoor scenes for our photos, and Ali knew the perfect places to hit our inspiration photos. Our florist, Fast Pony Flowers, also provided the most amazing dried floral bouquet and boutonniere that nailed our aesthetic!

I cannot recommend Olivia and the rest of the staff at the Inn enough. Everyone was so accomodating especially with COVID-19; we had private dining for our dinners as we weren't too keen on indoor dining, and the MKT store in the village provided a delicious to-go option for lunch.

We are already talking about visiting again, simply because the scenery is so incredibly, beautiful and the people were wonderful. If you're looking for an easy elopement, The Grafton Inn is the best both with service and the value of the package!
    Kristine Married on 12/02/2020

Book The Grafton Inn Now

My husband/family/family/myself cannot recommend the Grafton Inn/their staff (Olivia/Angela/Kirk/etc) enough. Full stop. The wedding itself was unreal and better than I could have imagined/planned. Olivia/Angela know what they are doing and we followed their recommendations at every turn and were not disappointed . The inn itself and the town is out of a Hallmark movie. The food was incredible (was told best ever at a wedding - including the breakfast was a hit), the staff could not have been more supportive (waitress remembered we loved iced coffee and brought it out to us without us asking for it the next day), and then inn itself with the pond/rooms/town was perfection (clean, easy to get around, cheese in the rooms welcoming guests). Olivia/Angela made planning our wedding two times over/during a pandemic the least painful and actually fun. The delta variant had gotten really bad the week of our wedding and Olivia was able to secure two tents for welcome dinner/cocktail hour and I could not have been more relieved. Every step of the way the Grafton Inn delivered and made our weekend absolutely magical. I truly have never fallen in love with a location/staff more and we are so happy that we get to come and visit for anniversaries for years to come.
    Heather Married on 11/06/2020

Best decision - Couldn't be happier!

My husband and I had to change our plans for a big wedding due to COVID, but decided to keep our original date. After a lot of searching and discouragement, we found Grafton Inn's elopement package and finally got excited about our day again. Olivia was so incredibly kind and patient with us from day 1 of planning. She was responsive and genuinely cared about making our wedding special. Ali, our photographer, was amazing and made us feel very comfortable. The Grafton Inn is beautiful and we are so excited it is now such a big part of our lives. You won't regret choosing Grafton Inn for your venue for any size event, but the elopement package is amazing.
    Jen Married on 10/10/2020

Couldn't be happier with our wedding venue!

It was the best day of our life, the Graton Inn helped us every step of the way to make our special day absolute perfection!
    Elizabeth Married on 10/02/2020

Perfectly enchanting and glorious weekend!

The Grafton Inn was the ideal venue for our February wedding. The entire town and Inn are perfectly enchanting, quintessential ‘Vermont’. The Grafton Inn became our own private wonderland, with each aspect of our wedding vision realized.

It was wonderful to have all of our guests onsite in the Inn and in cute houses around the town. All 120 of our party were able to walk between scheduled and unscheduled events, as well as lodging. It gave everyone the luxury to relish the weekend together with plenty of space to enjoy more intimate groups. The entire property offers plenty of cozy fireplaces, nooks and different hangout areas.

Originally, we had planned to have our wedding in our hometown. Just two months before our date the venue fell through. The Grafton Inn came to the rescue! In the end, we were incredibly grateful that our plans changed. Olivia, Angela, Kirk and Chef Cal proved to be so kind, responsive, and thoughtful. We couldn’t have asked for a better team to work with.

All of our events went off seamlessly. People don't often say weddings are "easy" - but this one was for us, the wedding party and our guests. Never a stressful moment. The Grafton team is unequalled in professionalism and attentiveness to detail. Even though we used the same rooms for both our rehearsal dinner and reception, the team transformed the rooms perfectly for each event…. AND the food, everything from start to finish, was absolutely delicious. All of our guests, and I mean all of them, complimented how scrumptious every meal was. Our experience was akin to a fine dining restaurant with exceptional attention to each course and each serving.

Thank you Grafton Inn, for what we consider to be a glorious and perfect wedding!
    Jessica D. Married on 09/06/2020

A Perfect Micro-Wedding

With my Dad being diagnosed with cancer, we had to cancel our big wedding in the Fall, and get married sooner. The Grafton Inn was the best place to hold a micro-wedding. Our wedding planner, Olivia, was absolutely a miracle worker. She put our wedding together in 10 days and it was absolutely perfect. We had 30 guests and were able to have 8 of our guests stay at the White Gates House where the wedding was held. It was a dream having everything in one location. Our wedding package included a florist, breakfast, a rehearsal dinner, a photographer, a cake, and the reception. Olivia had plan A, B, and C just in case of weather. Olivia and her team took care of everything. I got to take a nap on my wedding day (that's how relaxing this whole experience was). If you decide to have a micro-wedding, this is the place to do it. :)
  • Meaghan
    Meaghan D. Married on 09/05/2020

The Perfect Micro Wedding!

We cancelled our large wedding this fall and decided to look for a micro wedding package instead due to COVID-19. The Grafton Inn really thought of everything when they put together this all inclusive package. From the rehearsal dinner, accommodations, wedding ceremony and reception, flowers and food they went above and beyond! They allowed us to customize and add any detail we wanted, we had 24 guest at our wedding and every single person raved about the venue, food, adorable town and service they received. For any couples looking to downsize their wedding but not sacrifice the small and special details the Grafton Inn has the perfect micro package for you!