The Glen Club Reviews

The Glen Club 7
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 06/15/2019

June 2019 Wedding

My husband and I got married at The Glen Club on June 15 and it was an incredible experience from day one. Michael is seriously such an amazing, helpful person to work with. He is so knowledgable and cares so much about making you (as the bride or groom) happy. His tour of the wedding spaces really helped us envision what our day could be like. Anytime I had a question or a concern throughout the planning process, he promptly emailed or called me back and helped me figure everything out. On my wedding day, I was very worried about the weather, and he treated me as if I was a long time friend as he was trying to keep me from worrying and making sure that I was doing okay. Seriously so amazing! He definitely takes on the role of wedding planner closer to the day of. You go over every single detail with him, drop off all your decorations, and him and his staff take care of the rest!
    It is really convenient that the second floor of the building is a hotel as we were all (bridal party included) able to get ready at the location. I loved this idea because I didn't want anyone to have to travel to and from multiple locations all day long. My bridesmaids and I got ready in one room with our hair and makeup team and my husband and his groomsmen got ready in another, giving everyone a fun experience in the morning and early afternoon.
    The outdoor garden/terrace was exactly what my husband and I were looking for in terms of our ceremony. It is well kept and private. The outdoor cocktail area is stunning with the view overlooking the grounds and it is a great way for your guests to enjoy nice weather if you have it. The ballroom is what really blew us away and is absolutely stunning when it is all setup for your wedding. We really liked the private balcony for the DJ, so that our guests wouldn't be bothering him all night and the speakers weren't right next to any tables.
    The food and waitstaff throughout our evening were absolutely amazing. We were given the ability to setup our sweet and late night food tables outside of the ballroom which gave our guests more space and a new change of scenery throughout the evening. There were a few hiccups before and during dinner but the staff definitely helped us solve any issues and move on with our evening.
    We couldn't be happier with how our day turned out and would recommend The Glen Club to any future couples.

Sent on 07/02/2019
    The Glen Club 8
    The Glen Club 9

The Glen Club's reply:

Thank you both so much! It was truly my pleasure to work with you all and your families! Wishing you both the best!

• Anne

Anne · Married on 11/03/2018

It was perfect!

We could not have been happier with our experience with The Glen Club and especially with their Director of Catering, Michael Koenig. He was my right-hand man every step of the way in my planning and made sure everything was absolutely perfect on our wedding day. He made the vision I had for the day a reality.
    We also loved that we could have everything in one spot - the ceremony, reception and hotel rooms! Our bridal party loved that they could just go upstairs to get to their rooms as well.
    The food was top notch and we got so many compliments on it. The bartenders and Omar (lead for the night) were also amazing!!

Sent on 11/20/2018

The Glen Club's reply:

Thanks Anne! It was such a pleasure working with you both and your families! Your photos are gorgeous!!

Samantha · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing amazing amazing

Michael and the entire staff was amazing to deal with for our wedding this past Saturday 10/13. I’m writing this review while on my honeymoon that is how amazing Michael and the venue was!!! The price is spot on the ease of working with them made my wedding entirely stress free! The food was delicious and having the bridal suite plus the additional availability of rooms for family was awesome.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Katie · Married on 09/22/2018

We used The Glen Club for our wedding on 09/22/2018. Michael was WONDERFUL to work with. The tasting was a great experience and the service on the wedding night was stellar. The Glen Club was definitely one of the best decisions we made and we are forever grateful for them!!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Kathleen · Married on 09/14/2018

Fabulous wedding reception!

Absolutely beautiful wedding! Michael Koenig was a pure pleasure to work with. So helpful, accommodating, a wealth of information, ideas and wedding industry contacts. Completely trusted his advice and relied heavily on his suggestions. We had a non-traditional wedding reception -more of a cocktail party or “strolling” dinner. He set it up perfectly! Venue was beautiful, food was FANTASTIC. CUSTOM MENU! Guests said most beautiful wedding they have ever been too! Thank you Michael and Glen staff!!!

Sent on 10/16/2018
    The Glen Club 10
    The Glen Club 11
    The Glen Club 12

The Glen Club's reply:

Thank you so much Kathy! It was a pleasure working with you! Keep in touch! Can't wait to see photos.

Rick · Married on 09/08/2018

We couldn’t have had a better time celebrating their special day than at The Glen Club. Your staff’s service for the evening and morning brunch was excellent. They were friendly, attentive and great to deal with. The reception room looked great and was perfect for our 192 guests. The patio lights were definitely a good add. The hotel accommodations were excellent.

Sent on 09/20/2018

Bridget · Married on 08/04/2018

Michael was incredibly helpful during the entire planning process. From our first meeting with him through the months that followed he was honest and responsive. He basically functioned as our day of reception coordinator and helped make our vision come to life. The food was phenomenal, the grounds are beautiful, and the staff was wonderful.

Sent on 08/18/2018

Caitlin · Married on 07/07/2018

I was so lucky to work with Michael K. and the whole team at The Glen Club for my wedding in July! Our vision came to life with such ease from the staff. I received SO many compliments on our outdoor cocktail hour that took place on the terrace overlooking the gorgeous golf course. You can totally trust Michael K. to make your vision come to life! He put all of our decor in the perfect places. Additionally, he coordinated with our outside vendors for cupcakes, donuts, and the music so that we didn't have to do any of that!

We had about 160 guests at our wedding. We chose 10 people per round table. I would say that number was perfect because the room was full but people weren't cramped. I wouldn't suggest having any more than 200 in this space for comfort.

Most weddings I go to usually has just average food. I can say the thing that our guests complimented us the most on was our food selection! The chef at The Glen Club used to work for Lettuce Entertain You restaurants downtown and makes delicious meals! We chose the lemon chicken orzo soup, The Glen salad, pan-seared chicken, and grilled salmon. We had about half of our guests choose the salmon and people were raving about how tasty it was! My sister who doesn't even eat fish- ate every bite.

Another huge benefit of having your wedding at The Glen Club is that they have hotel suites at the country club! So after the wedding, we took an elevator up to our room- it was so convenient. And that bridal suite- WOW! The bridal suite was so big and overlooks the golf course. It has a huge balcony attached as well!

If you are interested in a wedding at The Glen Club- you should visit! Their property is gorgeous and so welcoming. I am so pleased with how every detail turned out!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Molly · Married on 05/12/2018

Our wedding at the glen club was perfect. The service was exceptional and Michael was always happy to help us with questions or concerns. Michael and the glen club made getting married easy and fun!

Sent on 05/15/2018
    The Glen Club 13
    The Glen Club 14
    The Glen Club 15

Cary · Married on 11/18/2017

Michael and the Glen Club exceeded our expectations with great food, service and attention to detail!

Sent on 01/01/2018
  • User7000329 · 1+ year ago

Michael is absolutely a pleasure to work with! He had an answer for every question I asked, and was so helpful throughout the entire planning process! The food was incredibly delicious and we had no problems bringing in some of our own traditional drinks as well. All staff was friendly, too! Beautiful venue and wonderful service!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Alexandra · Married on 09/16/2017

Our experience at the Glen Club was top knotch from beginning to end. We hosted 185 guests and a 10 piece orchestra. Elegant surroundings, unparalleled service, and unsurpassed convenience make this an awesome venue to host a wedding. As good as the venue is, what drives the excellence is their event planner, Michael Koenig. Michael took over the planning of our event after the previous planner left the position. He was immediately up to speed, and from that moment on we knew we were in good hands. Extremely personable and reassuring, he anticipated ALL details, making suggestions that fit with our vision for the day, and enhanced the experience for everyone. We never felt pressured to "add on" items, and in fact, he gave us advice and accommodations that actually saved us money. He worked seamlessly with other vendors we used, and was extremely flexible and responsive. On the day of the wedding, he was a major presence, working extremely hard to make sure things went as planned. He was unobtrusive, but seemingly everywhere at once. He dealt with last minute issues in an efficient and reassuring manner, allowing us to truly relax and enjoy the day. Michael is the best!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Regina · Married on 09/03/2017

We had our wedding over the busy Labor Day Holiday at The Glen Club and it was everything we had wanted and more. Event Manager Michael Koenig is professional, genuine and truly fun to work with. We live out of state and we were afraid we'd not be able to do a tasting but Michael worked with our schedule so that we could have our tasting and walk through. We even used his equally brilliant husband as our make up stylest for the day! The food is great, the staff and bar were lovely--- we chose The Glen after our friends had their wedding there and we highly recommend the venue. They really go above and beyond-- one last thing, after our ceremony and while I was getting the dress bustled Michael came up with a plate of our cocktail hour appetizers before we did some family portraits. <3 truely the best.

Sent on 09/17/2017

The Glen Club's reply:

Thank you so much Regina and Jon! We truly appreciate the wonderful compliments! We look forward to seeing your photos and keeping in touch! Congrats!!

Nicole · Married on 08/19/2017

My wedding at The Glen Club was absolutely amazing! Not only is the site beautiful but the good is delicious. All of my guests complimented the good, especially the tomato bisque. Michale is the catering director and he is outstanding, and goes above and beyond his job duties. He helped decorate the room the exact way I envisioned. He truly made my wedding beautiful.

Sent on 08/22/2017

Bryant · Married on 08/19/2017

We recently got married at the Glen Club and everything from the start to finish was flawless. The venue is great and our room looked amazing. Michael, the DOC, did an excellent job working with our wedding planner to implement what we were looking for. He went above and beyond to make sure our wedding vision became a reality.

Sent on 08/23/2017

Marissa · Married on 08/12/2017

I only have positive things to say about The Glen Club. They made it my dream wedding. Much of that was due to the amazing work of Michael Koenig, the Director of Catering. He brought every detail to life and is very personable! I highly recommend this venue for anyone having a wedding.

Sent on 08/24/2017

Margaret · Married on 08/12/2017

When we first booked the Glen Club (April 2016) for our daughter's wedding we were dealing with Isabella. In September, we received a very professional email from her saying that she was leaving The Glen Club. I was really concerned about who would take her place and handle our wedding. We met with Michael in February, and immediately he put my fears to rest. He is such a professional, yet caring and personable individual. He was sooo on top of everything. He gave us wonderful, yet budget friendly suggestions. The day was beautiful from start to finish. I would recommend The Glen Club to any of my friends. In fact, someone I know contacted me and asked me for my feedback because she is having a wedding there Thanksgiving weekend! I told her that Michael was great to work with!
    In the category of above and beyond, the wedding cake was doing a little leaning tower of Pisa imitation. Michael was quick to get it back to the kitchen before any of it hit the floor. He then proceeded to get a check to reimburse us for the lopsided cake!! Wow!! We were sooo impressed!!! Who does that!!!
    I do have a few suggestions, I REALLY wanted to have some of the almond date appetizer. I love almonds and I love dates. Somehow I never got any. I wish the waitstaff would have been more present during the cocktail hour. The only appetizer I was offered was the chicken.
    This is a comment for the hotel. Also, not sure how but I lost a pink robe over the weekend there. We had booked a Friday and Saturday night stay in room #7 and then in #8. I checked with housekeeping and they didn't have it!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Gina · Married on 08/05/2017

Overall, choosing this venue for our wedding was an excellent experience. From the moment we walked in and met Michael, we were comfortable and loving the space and all it had to offer. We were able to get the mixture of all things we were hoping for - outdoor ceremony, outdoor space for cocktail hour/freedom for our guests to move around, hotel accommodations, great reception space...etc.

Michael worked with us on all our needs and was so flexible, understanding, and basically never said no which was beyond helpful and we will never forget it. The food turned out pretty well (loved the filet and salad we chose) and from what I heard, the venue worked nicely with our vendors as well which is important.

My only slight issues were that I was not able to take pictures with our bridal party near the golf course as planned after the ceremony because we got stuck walking through the cocktail hour to get to the golf course - I would suggested walking everyone a different way or having Michael make an announcement that we were just passing through - everyone dispersed and it ended up just being my groom and I for the pictures. Also I saw some cars in the parking lot from our ceremony space and they should not have been parked there. Not a big deal but they were not supposed to be parked there. Lastly there were a couple complaints that 1-2 staff members were not entirely friendly (people at the front desk) which is disappointing but I know it can happen. We brought it up to the manager and she was very apologetic and kind to us.

I would choose this venue again in a heartbeat. We loved every second of our wedding and I cannot wait to see the video and pictures.

Sent on 08/17/2017

Chris · Married on 07/29/2017

The Glen Club was the perfect venue for our dream wedding. Blessed with awesome weather, the venue was perfect for our ceremony out in the garden, views over the golf course for our cocktail reception, and great space for the reception. The reception area was perfect to accommodate our guests comfortably and a nine-piece band. Having 21 rooms to house our wedding party and families made everything convenient, but also more intimate. Most of all the staff and catering director, Michael, were more than professional and incredible to work with to make our day come together perfectly. Michael is the BEST! We had considered other venues in the city, which became very pricey and found this venue to be even more classy and also affordable for the wedding we planned. We have received nothing but compliments on our venue choice from our family and friends. We can't thank the Glen Club and staff anymore. We loved everything about our choice!!!

Sent on 08/11/2017

The Glen Club's reply:

Thank you so much Chris and Holly. You two were a true pleasure to work with! Keep in touch!

Molly · Married on 07/10/2017

We had my cousin's bridal shower at The Glen Club and had the BEST experience. Michael- the director of catering was wonderful to work with- great ideas, easy to talk with and accommodating in every way! Mike R., was amazing as well! So helpful and worked so hard to make our celebration great. We can't wait to host another event there!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Thanks Molly!

Jackie · Married on 07/08/2017

The Glen Club was a superb venue. Michael, the main point of contact, is phenomenal. He was always super responsive to any questions and offered fabulous recommendations for vendors when we were unsure. The day of our wedding he was integral to making sure things went off without a hitch. I would recommend him and this venue to anyone planning a wedding in the Chicago area. He'll ease your nerves and make you feel reassured about the important day. Couldn't recommend him and the Glen Club more highly!

Sent on 07/22/2017

Louis · Married on 07/08/2017

The Glen Club was the perfect place for our daughter's wedding! Michael Koenig, Director of Catering , was extremely helpful, efficient and terrific at his job guiding us through all the decisions and details up to the day of the wedding. The day of the wedding he made sure everything went smoothly, coordinating with all the outside vendors and all the services the Glen Club offered. The food was delicious and the Glen Club's outdoor garden for the ceremony, the cocktail area overlooking the golf club and the reception room made for a perfect venue. A guest told me that it was the most beautiful and absolutely perfect wedding she had ever attended! The Glen Club was fabulous in every way!

Sent on 07/17/2017

The Glen Club's reply:

Thank you so much Louis!! It was such a pleasure to work with you and your family to create such a perfect day for Jackie and David!! Please keep in touch!

Paula · Married on 07/07/2017

The Glen Club is a hidden gem! Michael Koenig, the director of catering ad his staff are amazing! We had the best wedding ever and the staff at the Glen Club made it possible! Could not have hoped for a better party! All of our dreams for the most incredible wedding came true.

Sent on 07/14/2017
  • Ilona

Ilona · Married on 07/02/2017

Everything was wonderful!!!! Michael was professional, fun, relaxed, and very organized. He knew how to put in good input on decisions and organization of the wedding. The venue was beautiful and my husband and I loved every part of it!

Sent on 07/18/2017

The Glen Club's reply:

Thank you so much! It was such a pleasure working with you both!!