The GAST House Reviews

50 Reviews for The GAST House

The GAST House 1
The GAST House 2

Gina · Married on 07/18/2009

Becky who is the director of GAST was the most pleasant and most accomadating person to work with. If I ever need to rent a hall for anything again I would rent the GAST. We will always have wonderful memories of our daughter's reception.

Thank You Becky!

Sent on 07/27/2009
  • User4544951 · event on: 03/23/2014

Great place for family reunion.

Sent on 11/13/2014

Laura · Married on 12/28/2013

The venue was perfect for our wedding and reception! We also used the lower level for our rehearsal dinner the night before. The setting was beautiful. It is an old church that has been re-purposed and serves as a great location for everything we needed. It was a wonderful experience!

Sent on 07/24/2014
  • O

Jessica · Married on 04/18/2009

What a value for the dollar! I was so happy we decided to have our recpetion at the GAST! Becky was great to work with and the venue was perfect for what we wanted.

Sent on 04/30/2009

Kutrell · Married on 09/03/2017

The staff was great! They made special accommodations to my event and were very easy to work with.

Sent on 10/12/2017

The GAST House's reply:

Your party was unlike anything we'd hosted before. We were happy for the opportunity to work with you. Let me know anytime you want to come back!
    -Sara

Maria · Married on 04/19/2015

The German American Society was great to work with and exactly what we needed. You simply cannot get a more beautiful venue for the price. We had 150-200 guests attend our reception here and we could seat them all comfortably, and had room to dance. You can visit the venue as many times as you need to get a feel for how things will look and they have no required vendors, which was a must for me. Teri was always very friendly and flexible- I had a Sunday wedding to bring down the price, as well, and they made sure someone was there all day so I could set-up, even though it was not a day they were usually open. Teri also let me know it is a common practice of theirs to let their brides set up ALL WEEK if they don't have a conflicting event scheduled. Let me tell you- you're not going to get that anywhere else unless you find a privately owned piece of property you can use as a venue.

The only thing that I wish I had thought through sooner is that their insurance policy does not allow you to use their sound equipment or any of their kitchen equipment. It's there, but it cannot be used for events other than their own. I wish they could have some sort of provisional add-on to the insurance policy or something, but as of now that's where it stands. For us we had our food delivered hot and kept on warmers and borrowed a sound system from a friend. Easy to work around, just something to factor in beforehand. Even with that, it's an amazing venue at an amazing value. I would highly recommend German American Society to anyone hosting an event.

Sent on 05/29/2015

kelly · Married on 11/16/2014

I was the photographer for a wedding here. It was a nice venue and the staff was friendly and helpful. I had no troubles with my work. I would recommend to others to use.

Sent on 02/25/2015

The GAST House's reply:

Thank-You Kelly and it was a pleasure working with you.
  • I

Andrea · Married on 01/16/2010

The architecture of this building is gorgeous and was perfect for our event. We contracted some special lighting for our evening event which further enhanced the ambiance of our wedding reception. Working with Becky and the German American Society was a pleasure. From the very beginning, Becky was helpful, knowledgeable, and anxious to assist us in creating the evening we envisioned. It turned out even better than we had ever imagined. I would defiitely recommend working with Becky anytime!

Sent on 01/30/2010

Heather · Married on 04/04/2009

Working with the German American Society was super easy and stressfree. They are really laid back and willing to work with you through any issue or concern you may have. I never had to stress about anything with this venue. Becky was great in helping me and giving me advice about how to do things to make it the best possible. Its a bit pricey, but, considering the other options in the Tulsa area, the venue is HUGE, gorgeous, and flexible with pretty much whatever you want to do for your event, so the cost is worth it. Definitely would recommend, and I have absolutely no regrets about renting this venue.

Sent on 04/21/2009

Kendra · Married on 11/12/2011

A wonderful building with a great feel!!

Sent on 11/29/2011

R · Married on 02/27/2010

After looking around town for a venue to fit the art deco theme, we chose the German American Society Building for a wedding and reception. We found the inclusive packages extremely reasonable with prices to fit all budgets.
    Planning and execution of the event was easy thanks to Becky. She acted as the wedding coordinator in dealing with the vendors involved.
    Becky was easy to work with and very competent in handling the catering, linens, dishes and bartender. She had excellent ideas for other vendors such as lighting, and flowers necessary to make this event memorable.
    Becky also was on hand to oversee the end result and handle last minute details.
    We highly recommend using the GAST for any event.
    Thank you Becky.

Sent on 03/23/2010

Matt · Married on 10/09/2009

Becky was helpful with every aspect of the wedding planning. The venue is beautiful by itself and therefore you don't need an elaborate decoration budget. We loved our wedding reception!! Thank you so much GAST, you made our dream come true.

Sent on 11/03/2009

Erica · Married on 10/07/2017

The GAST House was fantastic and beautiful to have a wedding in. The only thing we had an slight hick-up with is the venue was not unlocked on time and the venue was extremely hot and the air was not turned down till the ceremony started

Sent on 10/12/2017

David · Married on 05/25/2012

Great venue and a beautiful building. We rented it for our Daughters wedding reception and it worked out perfectly.

Sent on 06/04/2012

Linsey · Married on 10/02/2010

The German Society was great to work with. If you are looking to plan it all and be super involved with all decisions this is the place for you. Or if you want somewhere that provides a little more guidance this is the awesome for you too. It's based on what YOU want.

Sent on 11/30/2010

Thomas · Married on 06/17/2017

4.2

We really appreciated the flexibility of the German American Society! We took a while to make certain decisions, but they were able to work with us as we changed our minds and our plans. The building is beautiful, and has wonderful windows, though some of the German decorations didn't fit our event so well. Overall, we were very happy that we chose to have our wedding reception at the GAST house.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Niki · Married on 08/17/2013

3.5

Beautiful venue! Everyone was very nice and helpful! Did not have to use caterer so that saved us a ton.

Sent on 09/06/2013

Rebecca · Married on 03/16/2013

3.5

Beautiful venue, good people to work with. You must use their chairs - but they are comfortable! Could use the venue the day before to setup if no one had booked it - didn't find out until a couple weeks before though. Would be nice if that was automatically included. The center is only open a few hours each week, so sometimes it can be difficult to get in touch with them.

Sent on 04/01/2013

Sarah · Married on 05/16/2009

The venue was beautiful and fit our style perfectly. They are very accommodating to the bride and her plans.

Sent on 07/24/2009

stacey · Married on 07/27/2014

0.0

We started off with a rocky start but there was a change in staff and we had such a better experience. Terri answered all our questions and was so quick at responding. She gave us great ideas, helped with our layout, even helped out when we were having some last minute issues. The wedding was beautiful. So much room and the place is beautiful. Of course we picked the hottest day of the year but the venue was perfect. You can use your own caterer, we even were able to decorate the night before. Perfection!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Mary · Getting married on 10/10/2020

3.6

Short and dated

The windows and floors were very pretty but everything was very dated.

Sent on 05/31/2019

The GAST House's reply:

We appreciate your candor on our event center. We wish you well and hope you find a venue you love for your future wedding!

Emily · Married on 07/28/2012

3.4
      3.0

This venue is beautiful, but brides should be warned about some shortcomings that I came across. First of all, they told me the venue could easily fit 250 guests, and I found out later that the limit that you can comfortably seat is about 180. They also said that if there's not an event in there the day before we can have all of that day to set up as well as all of the day of, and I found out a week before my wedding that, while we had a good amount of time to set up the day before, they weren't going to open the venue to us or the vendors on the day of until 2 hours before the reception, which was an hour before our ceremony started. However, there some reasons I would recommend this venue- they let you supply all of your own liquor without a corking fee, which saved us a ton of money, and it is a gorgeous space, just make sure you know what the exact terms of your agreement are.

Sent on 08/08/2012

Rachel · Married on 07/14/2016

3.2
      2.0
      3.0

I want to start off with that this venue was BEAUTIFUL, it fit our size, budget, and catering options perfectly. In between us booking the venue and our actual wedding there was a change of events coordinator and policies (apparently). Due to this there was a lot of miscommunication a week before the wedding. The venue tried to back out of agreements we had already made and charge us more money 8 days before the wedding. Like I didn't have enough to do already?? The new coordinator was professional but my mother and mother in law about had it with her by the time it was wedding time. The actual venue was beautiful and has a great kitchen, but the management caused us a lot of stress and that's why I only gave 3 stars.

Sent on 07/25/2016

1.0

German American Society of Tulsa is beautiful center and I loved using the space for my reception. One of the reasons we chose the GAST is because of their flexibility with set-up and tear down. However, we had several miscommunications and were not able to set up when we expected. Also, we found out the week before that we had to do more labor at the end of the event than we originally knew. (We had to find someone to help us re-stack the chairs that night and eventually hired the caterer to help.) It was frustrating to work through those miscommunications. All that said, I truly had a perfect wedding day and danced the night away at the German American Society of Tulsa.

Sent on 08/19/2014

The GAST House's reply:

We are sorry you felt there was miscommunication. The parties involved were given rules for the use of our facility which were acknowledged by you in a meeting we had on July 16, 2014. I spoke then about what was expected in clean up. The wedding planner did not want to stack chairs while dressed up for wedding. I suggested having the caterer do this. She informed me a few days later the caterer would take care of the chairs. The office hours were discussed numerous times with the wedding planner and again at the meeting on the 16th. We appreciate you renting our venue for your wedding reception. And am glad everyone had a wonderful time. Best wishes on your wedding and your new life together.

John · Married on 12/22/2012

1.4
      0.5

If you are about to book your wedding at GAST, stop! There are many positive reviews on here that mention a woman named Becky that was helpful and took all the stress out of the reviewer's respective wedding. This person is NO LONGER WITH THE ORGANIZATION. For our wedding, all we dealt with was a cast of volunteers that repeatedly reminded us they were volunteers who, bless their hearts, are all over 70, and move as such. The woman who we were in contact with throughout the planning process was NO WHERE TO BE FOUND on either the rehearsal or wedding day. The list of things that went awry on their end is long and sprawling. To start with, they said we could have a rehearsal the evening prior to the wedding, and then booked a fraternity Christmas party over it shrinking our rehearsal time to about 25 minutes. Next, the original plan that was agreed upon prior to the wedding was that we could get in to decorate and set up the day before, and this was nullified by the fraternity Christmas party, as well. When planning the wedding, the woman at GAST told us we had full access to their catering kitchen, so we told our caterer there would be warming ovens available. On the day of the wedding the 70-year-old volunteer with a terrible disposition told us he would NOT turn them on as it was a violation of their policy. At one point he pointed his finger at me, the groom, and said "Young man don't push me, I'll shut this whole thing down!" In addition to this, their sound system is off limits. As far as seating goes, they boast a 250 person capacity. This would be true if your guests plan on standing shoulder-to-shoulder like they're at a Metallica concert. This venue seats 180 MAX, with barely any room for anything else. The venue is gorgeous and historic, but is far short of anything they promise you in the planning stages. They did eventually relent on the warming ovens, and some other little things, but were defiant and hard to get along with from day one.

Sent on 01/02/2013