44 Reviews for The GAST House

User Photos
todo alt text
Indoor (1)
43 The GAST House Reviews

The GAST House was fantastic and beautiful to have a wedding in. The only thing we had an slight hick-up with is the venue was not unlocked on time and the venue was extremely hot and the air was not turned down till the ceremony started

Profile Picture Erica, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The staff was great! They made special accommodations to my event and were very easy to work with.

Profile Picture Kutrell, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved the GAST house for our wedding! It was beautiful and Sara was super easy to work with! Totally would recommend!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 7/29/17, 1 Review
4.2

We really appreciated the flexibility of the German American Society! We took a while to make certain decisions, but they were able to work with us as we changed our minds and our plans. The building is beautiful, and has wonderful windows, though some of the German decorations didn't fit our event so well. Overall, we were very happy that we chose to have our wedding reception at the GAST house.

Profile Picture Thomas, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The GAST House was beautiful! It was definitely on the top of my choices. We did not end up doing our wedding here but our tour and the information provided to us was great! We received fast responses and everything was very professional! I would definitely recommend this venue!

Profile Picture User6078715, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

We loved working with the GAST House. Thanks for everything you did to make our day special.

Profile Picture Stacy, 9/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)
3.3

I want to start off with that this venue was BEAUTIFUL, it fit our size, budget, and catering options perfectly. In between us booking the venue and our actual wedding there was a change of events coordinator and policies (apparently). Due to this there was a lot of miscommunication a week before the wedding. The venue tried to back out of agreements we had already made and charge us more money 8 days before the wedding. Like I didn't have enough to do already?? The new coordinator was professional but my mother and mother in law about had it with her by the time it was wedding time. The actual venue was beautiful and has a great kitchen, but the management caused us a lot of stress and that's why I only gave 3 stars.

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The German American Society was great to work with and exactly what we needed. You simply cannot get a more beautiful venue for the price. We had 150-200 guests attend our reception here and we could seat them all comfortably, and had room to dance. You can visit the venue as many times as you need to get a feel for how things will look and they have no required vendors, which was a must for me. Teri was always very friendly and flexible- I had a Sunday wedding to bring down the price, as well, and they made sure someone was there all day so I could set-up, even though it was not a day they were usually open. Teri also let me know it is a common practice of theirs to let their brides set up ALL WEEK if they don't have a conflicting event scheduled. Let me tell you- you're not going to get that anywhere else unless you find a privately owned piece of property you can use as a venue.

The only thing that I wish I had thought through sooner is that their insurance policy does not allow you to use their sound equipment or any of their kitchen equipment. It's there, but it cannot be used for events other than their own. I wish they could have some sort of provisional add-on to the insurance policy or something, but as of now that's where it stands. For us we had our food delivered hot and kept on warmers and borrowed a sound system from a friend. Easy to work around, just something to factor in beforehand. Even with that, it's an amazing venue at an amazing value. I would highly recommend German American Society to anyone hosting an event.

Profile Picture Maria, 4/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was the photographer for a wedding here. It was a nice venue and the staff was friendly and helpful. I had no troubles with my work. I would recommend to others to use.

Profile Picture kelly, 11/16/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The architecture here is gorgeous and wide open, we had about 165 at our wedding and it didn't seem crowded at all. Terri is awesome to work with and will do anything to make sure you have what you want. Would recommend to anyone!

Profile Picture Kate, 8/30/14, 7 Reviews
3.0

German American Society of Tulsa is beautiful center and I loved using the space for my reception. One of the reasons we chose the GAST is because of their flexibility with set-up and tear down. However, we had several miscommunications and were not able to set up when we expected. Also, we found out the week before that we had to do more labor at the end of the event than we originally knew. (We had to find someone to help us re-stack the chairs that night and eventually hired the caterer to help.) It was frustrating to work through those miscommunications. All that said, I truly had a perfect wedding day and danced the night away at the German American Society of Tulsa.

Profile Picture Morgan, 8/2/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We started off with a rocky start but there was a change in staff and we had such a better experience. Terri answered all our questions and was so quick at responding. She gave us great ideas, helped with our layout, even helped out when we were having some last minute issues. The wedding was beautiful. So much room and the place is beautiful. Of course we picked the hottest day of the year but the venue was perfect. You can use your own caterer, we even were able to decorate the night before. Perfection!

Profile Picture stacey, 7/27/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A beautiful facility for a wedding and reception. The staff were very helpful and made working with them easy. Lots of close parking for weekend event.

Profile Picture Darlene, 6/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was perfect for our wedding and reception! We also used the lower level for our rehearsal dinner the night before. The setting was beautiful. It is an old church that has been re-purposed and serves as a great location for everything we needed. It was a wonderful experience!

Profile Picture Laura, 12/28/13, 2 Reviews
4.2

Beautiful venue! Everyone was very nice and helpful! Did not have to use caterer so that saved us a ton.

Profile Picture Niki, 8/17/13, 4 Reviews
4.2

Beautiful venue, good people to work with. You must use their chairs - but they are comfortable! Could use the venue the day before to setup if no one had booked it - didn't find out until a couple weeks before though. Would be nice if that was automatically included. The center is only open a few hours each week, so sometimes it can be difficult to get in touch with them.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 3/16/13, 9 Reviews
1.5

If you are about to book your wedding at GAST, stop! There are many positive reviews on here that mention a woman named Becky that was helpful and took all the stress out of the reviewer's respective wedding. This person is NO LONGER WITH THE ORGANIZATION. For our wedding, all we dealt with was a cast of volunteers that repeatedly reminded us they were volunteers who, bless their hearts, are all over 70, and move as such. The woman who we were in contact with throughout the planning process was NO WHERE TO BE FOUND on either the rehearsal or wedding day. The list of things that went awry on their end is long and sprawling. To start with, they said we could have a rehearsal the evening prior to the wedding, and then booked a fraternity Christmas party over it shrinking our rehearsal time to about 25 minutes. Next, the original plan that was agreed upon prior to the wedding was that we could get in to decorate and set up the day before, and this was nullified by the fraternity Christmas party, as well. When planning the wedding, the woman at GAST told us we had full access to their catering kitchen, so we told our caterer there would be warming ovens available. On the day of the wedding the 70-year-old volunteer with a terrible disposition told us he would NOT turn them on as it was a violation of their policy. At one point he pointed his finger at me, the groom, and said "Young man don't push me, I'll shut this whole thing down!" In addition to this, their sound system is off limits. As far as seating goes, they boast a 250 person capacity. This would be true if your guests plan on standing shoulder-to-shoulder like they're at a Metallica concert. This venue seats 180 MAX, with barely any room for anything else. The venue is gorgeous and historic, but is far short of anything they promise you in the planning stages. They did eventually relent on the warming ovens, and some other little things, but were defiant and hard to get along with from day one.

Profile Picture John, 12/22/12, 1 Review
3.4

This venue is beautiful, but brides should be warned about some shortcomings that I came across. First of all, they told me the venue could easily fit 250 guests, and I found out later that the limit that you can comfortably seat is about 180. They also said that if there's not an event in there the day before we can have all of that day to set up as well as all of the day of, and I found out a week before my wedding that, while we had a good amount of time to set up the day before, they weren't going to open the venue to us or the vendors on the day of until 2 hours before the reception, which was an hour before our ceremony started. However, there some reasons I would recommend this venue- they let you supply all of your own liquor without a corking fee, which saved us a ton of money, and it is a gorgeous space, just make sure you know what the exact terms of your agreement are.

Profile Picture Emily, 7/28/12, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great venue and a beautiful building. We rented it for our Daughters wedding reception and it worked out perfectly.

Profile Picture David, 5/25/12, 6 Reviews
4.7

A wonderful building with a great feel!!

Profile Picture Kendra, 11/12/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The German American Society was Amazing! Everything was so beautiful, I couldn't have asked for anything more from my venue!

Profile Picture Toni, 9/24/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The German American Society venue was perfect for our needs. They had the tables and chairs so I didn't need to go elsewhere for them. The wedding and reception were both easily held there, as we sat at the tables for both the ceremony and reception. There was plenty of room for the ceremony, reception, and for the bridal party to get dressed downstairs. The price was very reasonable.

Profile Picture Diane, 6/5/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I won't elaborat much - others have hit the nail on the head. The German American Society is beautiful, reasonably priced and Becky is AMAZING! She gave me full attention throughout the whole process and I felt like a top prioity at all times. Her advice and help was priceless and on my wedding day I didn't worry about a single detail - and it was flawless! She was there from the first deposit through the final send off and I can not say enough good things about her. In addition the society wen't above and beyond and allowed us to practice our dance on location during other events and made us feel like family. We are definately going to sign up to be members as we have never felt so welcome in our lives. Please check this place out!

Profile Picture Lisa, 4/9/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There is not enough space in the review box to give positive feedback to future brides. The German American Society of Tulsa is the perfect place to have an any event. The building is beautiful inside and out. It was perfect for our New Years Eve Wedding. We were able to transform the room from ceremony to reception in moments. All my guests are still raving about the event being held all at one location and how much they loved it! Perhaps the best kept secret of this location is Becky, the building coordinator. She made planning a wedding fun and easy. She was there for me through emails, phone calls, meetings with vendors and so much more! She is so easy to work with and I could never thank her enough for all she did for me over the past year of planning.

The German American Society of Tulsa is the perfect place for a ceremony or reception or BOTH! I am still getting phone calls from people saying it was the best wedding they had ever been to!

Profile Picture lindsay, 12/31/10, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When my husband asked our daughter what she though of her wedding..she replied "perfect"! What more could a parent ask for? The German American Society is the most beautiful venue with the most character in Tulsa. Becky Adrian is a lifesaver. She walks you through the entire process, offering very helpful advice. She made the process enjoyable and easy. A one-stop wedding shop! I cannot thank her enough for her help. We will remember that night forever. With one meeting you can cover your entire wedding and reception to-do list. It was almost so easy, my daughter and I kept second guessing ourselves, thinking "did we forget something?". Becky keeps you on track and also keeps you in your budget. Thanks a million to GAST of Tulsa. I'd love to have another event there someday!

Profile Picture Ellen, 12/31/10, 8 Reviews