The Garter Girl Reviews

13 | Washington, DC

13 Reviews for The Garter Girl

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Christopher · Married on 09/30/2017

Juli was extremely helpful with creating and designing a custom garter set for my wife. She communicated quickly and clearly through email. She was also very responsive and flexible throughout the process as we planned and reviewed the custom made garter. Our embroidered wedding date on the inside of the garter was perfect!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Edie · Married on 10/24/2015

I had a beautiful handmade garter for my wedding day.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Great to work with on custom designs! I sent her my husbands military name badge and she created a beautiful garter. He was so surprised when he saw it :)

Sent on 09/17/2015

Jessica · Married on 03/19/2011

A few weeks before my wedding, I still hadn't found the perfect garter. Then I saw The Garter Girl's work and knew that she would have something perfect for me. I loved that her work is all so high quality and yet has versatility as far as style is concerned. I emailed her to see if she could get one to me faster than usual, and she could! So I had a perfect garter for my wedding - ivory and pale pink, the perfect blend of classic, preppy, sexy and sweet. My husband loved it when he finally got to see it, and I will definitely keep it as a fabulous keepsake of my wedding!

Sent on 04/21/2011

Stephanie · Married on 02/19/2011

I had emailed Julianne (The Garter Girl) requesting some information about a custom garter but I was not exactly sure what I had in mind. I described a few qualities that I saw that I liked in some of her pictures and she immediately replied to my email with some great suggestions of what she make for me. It seemed as if she knew what I wanted before I even knew what I wanted! She got it exactly right.

She sent pictures and communicated with me throughout the planning and manufacturing process incase I needed to change anything. I didnt though, the pictures just made me more excited to see the final product!!

She also knew I was on a bit of a time crunch, so she "rushed" my order at no extra cost and even finished earlier than she originally quoted me!

I couldnt be happier with the service and product I received. I 100% recommend The Garter Girl to anyone looking for a QUALITY garter that they'll be able to keep forever.

Sent on 04/09/2011

Kristy · Married on 07/10/2010

Julianne was amazing!! I think I am more amazed at the fact I never actually spoke to her on the phone or in person - all communication was via email yet she was able to capture and understand everything I wanted in a garter. Her work is top notch and she truly cares about what she is doing for the bride. You can see that Julianne gets as much pleasure creating something beautiful, just as the bride does when she receives her garter and it is exactly what she envisioned. I would recommend Julianne to anyone who is looking for a garter that is unique, high-quality and has a personal touch.

Sent on 07/27/2010

Sara · Married on 08/08/2009

Working with Julianne was just great. I had her custom-design a garter for my sister-in-law's wedding, and she is so creative and knew exactly what I was looking for. Her web site made it very easy to come up with ideas too. I plan on volunteering to get garters for all of my friends - it is such a wonderful (and necessary!) gift for a bride, and her handiwork is so fun and so beautiful. Everyone I know loves her work!

Sent on 01/15/2010

Heather · Married on 07/10/2009

My garter was PERFECT! I received it as a gift and will definitely purchase them for friends in the future. It was personal and gorgeous. Great keepsake!

Sent on 01/13/2010

Laurie · Married on 05/20/2006

I loved my garter. It was exactly what I wanted. Julianne was great to work with. She offered suggestions and even let me see some samples. The process was very easy and extremely affordable. I would certainly recommend her to anyone looking for a creative and/or sophisticated-looking garter.

Sent on 10/05/2008

Megan · Married on 09/10/2005

Juli made me my garter for my wedding day. I loved it so much that I actually had her make a garter, as a gift, for a friend. She was very easy to work with and offers a great selection. If you do not see your "style" on her website, you can talk to her about your vision and she will accommodate you.
    The quality of the garters are wonderful; the prices are extremely reasonable; and the styles are unique. I highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 10/04/2008

Tracy · Married on 11/26/2005

Juli was fun and extremely professional all at the same time! My garter was one of my most prized items of my wedding day. She went out of her way to make it unique to me and fit my personality!

If you are looking for an added touch that says you...I would highly recommend Julianne Smith Wedding Garters.

Responsive, no stress, reasonably priced and turn around time is amazing!

Sent on 10/22/2008

Pollyanna · Married on 04/25/2009

I had decided not to wear a garter because the traditional satin and lace frippery just wasn't my taste, especially with my laid-back beach wedding. Then I found Julianne through a wedding blog and absolutely loved her modern, fashion-forward designs of grograin ribbon. Too cute! I just had to have polka dots to match my polka dot cake! She worked with me to create the exact style and color that I wanted, and when it arrived, it was perfect. My photographer captured a beautifully timeless photo of me putting on my garter and I'm so glad I have that for my memories now.

Sent on 07/22/2009

Bernadette · Married on 12/10/2016

3.5

I'm so glad that Juli finally has her adorable garters available on WeddingWire. The Julianne Smith garter I wore on my wedding day in June was such a special (and fun!) touch. I was really hesitant to go with the whole garter tradition, until a friend in DC told me how she had seen Julianne Smith's garters at a boutique in Maryland. I found her website and took a look. I was still hesitant so I contacted Juli, and she helped talk me through her ideas of how it could compliment my "look". We agreed on the fabrics (satin) and colors (ivory w a touch of fuschia grosgrain to match my flowers) and I received my garter a couple of weeks later. I was so happy with the result...it was beautiful and unique...just like our special day!

Sent on 10/07/2008