The G Seven Catering Company Reviews

The G Seven Catering Company 6
The G Seven Catering Company 7

D · Married on 10/20/2018

Absolutely Fabulous!

Amy and Jason were absolutely a pleasure to work with from day 1 of contact. Unlike other caterers who were not very responsive, Amy returned my email the same day. I wish I found G7 first--would have saved me a LOT of time and frustration! Amy was kind and patient throughout our process, answering any questions or concerns we may have had, and was accommodating to any special needs. (i.e.: we had wanted to serve bread from a local bakery and she was on it, contacting them and arranging pick-up) They also gave us a sense of confidence that things would work out as planned, which was huge. Unfortunately, not all vendors give that vibe and it was very assuring to know they had us covered.
    And most importantly...the FOOD! Was absolutely AMAZING! Everyone has raved about it. We went with a harvest theme and served a buffet of carved turkey, (super moist!) short ribs, (fall off the bone!) their sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, and veggies. And their arugula salad! We've had people ask for recipes...Amy, heads up I'll be emailing you...lol and are still talking about the quality of food. One friend of ours said, "I've been to a lot of weddings and often wedding food is 'eh' but yours was absolutely amazing!" We couldn't agree more--food is a huge factor at a wedding and we are thrilled we met Amy and Jason. Please work with them--you won't be disappointed!

Shane Gee · Married on 10/13/2018

Our October 13th wedding

Amy, Jason and the G7 staff were amazing! G7 catered our wedding at roseland park and our rehearsal dinner. Amy and Jason were so great to work with. they made everything so easy and were always available for questions. Jason prepared and amazing menu for us and all of our guests absolutely loved the food!!! you have to get the brisket with bluberry bbq sauce!!!! Amy was very organized and help with every detail and any rentals we needed. everything was prompt and well executed. Knowing that Amy and Jason were there for us made the day much less stressful. Also when working with them you feel like family and not just a business transaction. they catered our rehearsal dinner as well. we choose the taco bar and it was a huge hit! I cant say enough about the amazing job they did to make our special day an unforgettable one! thank you so much!!!

Dawn · Married on 06/16/2018

Can't say enough wonderful things about G Seven Catering. From planning to the rehearsal to the wedding- every aspect of working with them was truly a joy! They served as our caterers for our rehearsal and wedding at The Overlook at Geer Tree Farm. From the start, Amy and Jason gave us so much attention and were so responsive, it made us feel like we were the most important event they had. And when they say they are full service caterers, they mean it! Not only did they make and serve the most delicious food that our guests are still raving about, they helped us personalize our menu, make table decor decisions, setup all our decorations, and coordinate with other vendors to ensure a smooth and well executed event.

Amy and Jason have such a calm and fun disposition which is key when dealing with the stress of pulling together a wedding. Knowing that they were in charge put our minds at ease during the wedding weekend and that in itself is priceless. We had a lot of last minute decisions and changes- especially related to the rehearsal- and they just roll with the punches and go above and beyond to help in any way they can.

We would highly recommend G Seven Catering for your wedding!!

The G Seven Catering Company 8
    The G Seven Catering Company 9
    The G Seven Catering Company 10
    The G Seven Catering Company 11

Jade · Married on 12/03/2017

We had such a great experience with G7 ! I absolutely loved them and they were so helpful throughout the whole process. I would absolutely recommend this company, and would definitely hire them again!!

Lauren · Married on 10/28/2017

AMAZING doesn't even begin to cover it! Jason and Amy are truly the two coolest, more hard working people I have ever met. They truly have a passion for what they do--and it shows! Not only in their food, but in their service! They catered our October wedding at Allen Hill Tree Farm and our guests are STILL talking about the great food that they served. They made sure that my husband and I were taken care of all night. Their staff is the friendliest and they are so efficient! I would DEFINITELY use G Seven again for ANY event!!!

Sent on 05/08/2018

The G Seven Catering Company's reply:

Thank you Lauren! It was truly an honor to cater for you, Josh, your families and friends!!! Please, keep us posted to all the wonderful things your life together brings. ----Jason and Amy

danielle · Married on 10/07/2017

Amy and Jason at G Seven catering were a pleasure to work with for my wedding day! They responded to my emails and met us in person a few times throughout the planning process. Amy assisted me in creating a menu - she was very flexible with menu choices and was willing to adjust the menu until I was satisfied. Once we had narrowed down our menu Amy and Jason hosted a private individualized tasting so that we could select what we liked best. We also utilized their bar tending services. They were flexible with their beer choices and the signature cocktail we selected was delicious! Jason is an excellent chef and we received many compliments on the food at our wedding - guests even contacted us after the wedding requesting G Seven's contact information for themselves - Our favorite and highly recommended choices are: The artisan market and cheese display (extremely plentiful and tons of food for an hors d' oeuvres stationary table), stuffed mushrooms appetizer (and I normally don't like mushrooms), pumpkin soup shooter with pumpkin bread appetizer, braised short ribs, cod with seafood stuffing and lobster sauce, and pumpkin ravioli with brown sauce (we received the MOST compliments on the pumpkin ravioli - it was amazing!) I was also able to create a separate dinner option to accommodate the guests with food allergies. G Sevens catering staff was professional and kind to our guests. They even helped us clean up the venue space at the end of the wedding and packed a few items for us to take home! I would highly recommend G Seven catering for your wedding or event! (Attached Photos courtesy of Katie Slater Photography)

The G Seven Catering Company 12
    The G Seven Catering Company 13
    The G Seven Catering Company 14

Christina · Married on 09/30/2017

Amy and her team at G7 are the best around! We were planning our wedding from Northern VA and Amy was extremely accommodating- always available via email and willing to meet with us whenever we were back in CT (usually on a holiday weekend). They hosted our tasting the day after Christmas! You can't ask for better customer service than that. Most importantly, the food is AMAZING!! When our ceremony finished ahead of schedule and guests arrived at the reception early, they were able to get the food and drinks going instantly and start the party! They made sure our wedding party had their own selection of food while we wrapped up photos. The only requirement my husband had for the wedding was clam chowder and fritters at the reception, and as a born and bread New Englander, they were without a doubt the most delicious chowder and fritters I've ever had! Amy and her team handled all of the setup at the reception and when we arrived it was everything I dreamed of and more. They created the most impressive cheese display and a great coffee/hot chocolate bar, and no one left hungry! Do yourself a favor and make sure to have their chocolate chip cookies! I can't say enough great things about them! G7 isn't just an amazing catering company, but they're like a caterer and wedding planner wrapped up in one! If you want to show your guests the best time ever, feed them amazing food, and not worry about the logistics of it all- go with G7!!

The G Seven Catering Company 15
    The G Seven Catering Company 16
    The G Seven Catering Company 17
    The G Seven Catering Company 18
    The G Seven Catering Company 19

Barbara · Married on 09/29/2017

G-7 was amazing to work with. They helped me through things I would not have thought of. My guests raved about the food and choices that we made. It was an amazing experience to work with a company that was so knowledgeable and helpful. I would not look around if I needed a caterer again, I would go to them first.

Jordan · Married on 09/22/2017

I can't rate G Seven high enough... Amy & Jason are two of the nicest people I've met and we feel so lucky to have had them cater our wedding. After first meeting them and tasting their food, we could not stop thinking about our wedding menu for the entire year we were engaged. We were looking forward to our meals SO much and our guests were so excited about our menu. They did a great job recommending options that we would have never thought of to really give us a unique menu that fit our venue perfectly. They're so accommodating with setup and breakdown of tables and linens, random questions I had throughout the year in late night emails, and they worked up until the last second to ensure we had everything we wanted. All of the staff were friendly, fast and efficient as well. I knew I had absolutely nothing to worry about. It's a wonderful feeling to meet people that are amazing at what they do, and also terrific people who genuinely care about your big day. Our wedding would not have been the same without them.

Laura · Married on 09/03/2017

People kept complimenting how wonderful the food was and that doesn’t happen at weddings very often! G7 was absolutely wonderful every step of the way- couldn’t have asked for more!

Erika · Married on 09/03/2017

G Seven catered our wedding and we could not be more happy with that choice. G Seven was on the preferred vendor list for our venue. We reached out to the other vendors and found that G Seven provided the most personal experience at the most reasonable cost. Amy helped a lot in tailoring our menu and fielding our countless questions. G Seven was very knowledgeable about what would be best for the wedding and our guests. We cannot recommend them enough, they were the perfect caterer for our wedding.

mary · Married on 08/05/2017

We loved the way they had everything ready and they were ausome I would have them at any of my parties

Jessica · Married on 11/05/2016

My husband and I could not have asked for a better caterer! They were in our price range and extremely affordable. The food was amazing and every guest raved about them for weeks after our wedding. Amy and her team were phenomenal and they worked with us every step of the way. We did a BBQ Classy wedding and the food was TO DIE FOR!! Thank you so much Amy! We will definitely use you for catering again!

Erin · Married on 10/15/2016

My husband and I were married this past October in Brooklyn, CT. Being from RI, I wasn't familiar with too many vendors in CT. G Seven Catering was one of the suggested caterers provided by my venue. From the very beginning Amy has been incredible to work with. She responded to emails and answered all my questions very quickly. She met with me numerous times, even meeting with us the day after a holiday, at 9am! She was always sweet, pleasant and professional. The staff on the wedding day was excellent. I had asked that they not take my food or my husband's food away until we were finished as we were so looking forward to eating it, they went above and beyond that, they didn't bring out our main course until we were seated again so our meal wouldn't be cold. Jason's food was excellent, we've been receiving so many compliments about the food, everyone said their meals were delicious! I highly recommend G Seven for your next event, they made the process so much easier for my new husband and I.

Sent on 11/01/2016

The G Seven Catering Company's reply:

Thank you Erin for your kind words! Please do not be a stranger....keep us up to date on all the wonderful moments as you journey this life together as husband and wife! Jason and I were honored to be a part of your wedding celebration!

Jennifer · Married on 10/15/2016

Amy and Jason of G Seven Catering where an absolute joy to work with. Immediately their warm and friendly approach put us to ease. They demonstrated the wonderful ability to really listen to our vision of our backyard wedding celebration. Their knowledge and expertise allowed us to fully enjoy the planning process and the day. I must give them a Five Star "Shout Out" for their flexibility, quality of their work and affordability! We wanted a Farm Table approach with fresh local cheeses, fresh produce and appetizers. Complimented by small dish items (flat breads, pomme frites, and a gourmet versions of local comfort foods and sandwiches) our rustic, autumn celebration was beyond perfect! The folks at G Seven went as far as making a special flat top cooking unit for the amazing variety of fresh, flat breads! Enough just can't be said about how wonderful of an experience we had partnering with G Seven Catering. Thank you to Amy, Jason, and the rest of the G Seven Family for a job well done!

Danielle · Married on 10/08/2016

The most helpful, kind, professional, and hard working caterers I have ever worked with and I was beyond happy and pleased with everything they did for us and for my wedding!

Amanda · Married on 10/01/2016

Jason, Amy and all their staff went above and beyond to ensure our day was amazing! They not only delivered delicious food that our guests are still talking about, they provided design ideas and tips to help make the ceremony and entire night go smoothly. The quality of food and service for the price is unbeatable!

Sheryl · Married on 09/24/2016

They were wonderful to work with. The food and service at the wedding were outstanding. They were also very flexible about meeting us to discuss the wedding, very helpful with ideas as well. I would highly recommend them for any event.

Lindsey · Married on 09/10/2016

G Seven went above and beyond for my wedding, they're food is amazing and they were so so helpful with everything.
    they made my wedding perfect ??

Lucas · Married on 09/04/2016

Jay, Amy, and the G Seven staff are incredible! We shopped around comparing food and catering services, prices, and rentals. G Seven made everything from planning the food for our wedding to figuring out table and chair rentals easy and stress free. When booking with G seven you get more than just a caterer, you get years of friendly and excellent service in event planning. If you are comparing catering or food pricing, G seven is more than worth it just in personable customer service alone!

Liz · Married on 07/09/2016

We hired G Seven Catering for our July 9th wedding at The Overlook at Geers Tree Farm. Amy and Jason were awesome. They made sure that everything went perfectly!! They helped us create a unique menu that our guests were very pleased with. We went with a station style dinner. My favorite part was the baked potato bar which had many different toppings. Not only did they provide excellent food but they were there to make sure that everything was set up exactly how we had asked. Throughout the day they interacted with guests to make sure they were highly satisfied. Amy even made it a point to make sure my husband and I got a chance to get some clam chowder and clam cakes and delivered it right to our sweetheart table. If you go with G Seven you will absolutely have great food and great service. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 08/09/2016

The G Seven Catering Company's reply:

Awww...Thank you Liz and Troy! Jason and I absolutely loved working with you! We wish you all the best! Please keep in touch. xxo

Cathy · Married on 05/14/2016

From the first time we met with Amy and Jason, we felt comfortably. We chose them from the suggested list from the Geer Tree Farm "The Overlook". I went on line liked what I saw and made an appointment. We made arrangements for a tasting of the food we wanted for the wedding. We had sit down wedding for 180-190 people. Best food ever and service was very professional. I can't say enough about this couple and their catering business. People are still talking about the quality of food and the company itself. I would rate them best in all categories. Thank you Amy and Jason for making our daughters day even more special then it already was.

Jonelle · Married on 10/10/2015

Justin and I were married at Allen Hill Tree Farm in Brooklyn, CT in October 2015. Jason and Amy St. Onge from The G Seven Catering Company really helped make our special day that much more fabulous with wonderful dishes and an amazing catering staff!!! Right from the start these two worked with us to create the perfect menu for our 200 guests! We had a delicious time taste-testing Jason's food and chatting about details...and the cookies...oh,so good! The service that this company provided was amazing and we really couldn't have asked for better people to help create and celebrate our day with us! Our guests loved the food and we still get compliments today! Thank-you G Seven Catering!!! We not only found a vendor for future events, but we made lifelong friends also!
    Love, The Phaiah's

Courtney · Married on 10/03/2015

Amy was amazing to work with! When it came to planning a wedding for 150 people at our house, I was more than nervous...until we met with Amy! She met with my husband and I to discuss our vision, taste, budget and preferences well in advance. She brought professional insight from her experiences that had an amazing impact on how our timeline for set up and execution for the dinner service would fall into play. She had met with us at our wedding location a month before, just to see our location for a walk through. When it came to dinner, everyone was happy! The carving stations of roasted meats and fall themed sides left all of our guest favorably. The pork tenderloin and stuffing is beyond amazing! Her staff is first class as well. They were helpful during cocktail hour and were attentive to our guests' needs throughout the evening. I cannot tell you enough, how the extra attention to detail GSeven put into our wedding, alleviated so much stress for me! They were fantastic to work with.

Tanya · Married on 10/02/2015

Above and beyond!! Amy and Jason and their staff are amazing. They worked with us to presented exactly what we were looking for. The appetizers were amazing and Jason recreated the bacon wrapped dates we had in Alaska. The main meal was a thanksgiving dinner which blew my socks off. My family who always complains at weddings said there was so much delicious food. Amy even made our cream pies as well for our wedding. OMG... Chocolate cream tasted like mousse and my favorite was key lime. Maybe we will get married again so they can cater our wedding again!!

Sent on 03/04/2016

The G Seven Catering Company's reply:

Thank you Tanya and Jeff! It was truly our pleasure to prepare the food you requested including the family's famous pea recipe! (wink wink) A beautiful evening one for our memory pages!