The Founders Inn and Spa Reviews

70 | Virginia Beach, VA

70 Reviews for The Founders Inn and Spa

70 The Founders Inn and Spa Reviews

Lolita · Married on 07/28/2018

The founders Inn was the best place to have a wedding or any event. The staff from the beginning to the end was above excellent. They are professional with warm hospitality, they are very accommodating and just good people! The place is gorgeous and has a warm feeling. All members of the staff Brittany, Chloe, and the staff who worked during my wedding were attentive, friendly and just good people. I will recommend them to anyone, thank you all so much for making my wedding day one of the best days of my life!

The Founders Inn and Spa 1
  • User7488860 · 1+ year ago

I had the immense pleasure of working with Brittany and Casey for all of my wedding-day plans, and I have to say, they completely knew what they were doing. From (literally) last-minute additions to the guest list, to booking more rooms than expected, to having the perfect setup for the big day, I could not have imagined a more knowledgeable or professional staff. They thought of the things I'd never even begin to think about, and took care of them before I thought to worry. The venue itself was gorgeous -- we had a small wedding, so it was held in the fireplace room just outside the lobby. It was completely transformed when I walked down the aisle, and the outdoor cocktail reception was perfectly staged. The reception and dinner were phenomenal, and everything went better than I could have ever hoped. If I could give the venue and its amazing staff a 10/10, I absolutely would.

• User5421927 · 2+ years ago

Ann Smith has been amazing throughout the whole booking process. My groom to be lives out of state due to being in the Navy. Ann went out of her way to not only allow me to facetime during the initial tour of the property, but made sure we could book a time for a tour of the property and include him in all of the planning when he was home.

So helpful, the wedding was one of the best I've ever been to!

Elizabeth · Married on 08/12/2016

Andy and I were married on Friday, August 12. We also combined our family reunion during the week leading up to the wedding. We had our rehearsal dinner in the Hunt Room. We ABSOLUTELY LOVED working with Ann and Lydia throughout our wedding planning process. Lydia was actually getting married only a week after our wedding and she still seemed so focused on us and made us a priority. Even through all our changes, the big day was truly perfect. When Andy and I first walked through property at the Founders Inn and saw the English gardens, we just knew this was where we had to get married. The food was amazing and the space was exactly right for what we wanted and needed for our guests. There is not a better wedding venue in Virginia Beach.

Racheal · Married on 07/23/2016

We held our wedding at Founders Inn in July 2016. The grounds are gorgeous, the staff was amazing, and the services offered are top notch. Our big day was absolutely amazing. We had an indoor wedding in their beautiful atrium. The staff were on top of everything. The food was amazing, our cake was beautifully decorated, and the reception/ceremony site were clean and inviting.

We had a minor experience with our reception hall temperature not staying cool but they went above and beyond to find a solution to this. We have no hard feelings over this because certain things are beyond their control.

Our hotel accommodations for the evening made us feel like royalty. Gorgeous room and amazing service. They were on top of everything. We felt welcomed and appreciated from the very beginning.

We cannot thank Founders Inn and their staff enough as they made our biggest day amazing.

Sarah · Married on 04/30/2016

We loved having our wedding at the Founders Inn! I planned our wedding while going through nursing school, so the stress was incredible. And, of course, during the most important planning period (1 month out) my husband was underway, which is a fancy Navy word for out at sea. However, Ann and Brittany were both so understanding and accommodating about everything. We booked about 1 year in advance. The most important advice I can give is to book your venue at least 10 months prior to when you wish to get married, especially if you want to have it at Founders! The place is so incredible and books up very fast. Not a lot of brides get to say this, but I honestly felt like our wedding went perfectly! There is nothing I would have wanted to do differently or change about it. I think the key to having this feeling is to just let everyone do the jobs that you hired them to do and sit back and enjoy your big day! They are PROS at Founders and you can rest assured that they will handle every crisis without you ever knowing it even happened! :-)

Sent on 05/22/2016

The Founders Inn and Spa's reply:

Hello Mrs. Leblanc Congratulations on your nuptials! Thank you for your very nice comments! We are grateful you have placed your trust in us and with one of your memorable days of your life. I can speak on behalf of Brittany that we will miss working with you. You looked absolutely gorgeous in your gown. Please send us pictures or post on our Founders Inn Facebook page. We would love to grow more memories with you so please keep in touch with us and consider us again for future events or one year anniversary! Thank you again for having the Founders Inn & Spa host a personal and joyous occasion! Best of love to you and your new future! XOXOXOXO Ann Smith

Mary · Married on 10/11/2015

It doesn't get any better we had to reschedule and they were very accommodating! The venue was amazing and they were very attentive to us even just the two of us and the rooms and food were amazing!

Sara · Married on 06/21/2015

Haven't even had my wedding yet but I'm very impressed with the friendliness of the staff planning it. They have taken a lot of the stress away. I even got my officiant from them!

Sent on 03/14/2015

The Founders Inn and Spa's reply:

Sara, we are so excited to help you plan your big day! We look forward to making it memorable for you and your guests. Thank you for choosing The Founders Inn and Spa as your venue!

Very beautiful as a venue. I recommend.

My husband and I could not have picked a more elegant, and beautiful venue for our wedding on May 17, 2015. Everything was just beautiful. The staff was awesome and caring. We had a negative experience with a Williamsburg venue and the staff that worked with us were angels. We first worked with Emily Anderson, she made sure everything was comfortable for us from our transition with a negative experience in Williamsburg. Brittany Duarte, came thru and was on-point and even gave us a wonderful suggestions we used for our wedding day . She made sure that we had food alternatives for our family who were vegetarians and was just very caring towards us. On the day of the wedding Brittany Bagel made sure I was

David · Married on 05/17/2015

The Founder's Inn and Spa is an elegant venue to have your ceremony and reception. My husband actually found this venue and when we first visited we both knew that this was the location for our special day. Everything was beautiful. The staff is very professional and they are concerned about every last detail of your wedding. Emily Anderson helped us to feel comfortable with them since we had a negative experience with a venue in Williamsburg. Brittany Duarte went above and beyond making sure that our vendors we used were set for the wedding day and gave us wonderful ideas to use in our wedding. She also offered several food alternatives for some of our family who were vegetarians. Brittany Bagley made sure on the wedding day that everything went smoothly and that we stayed calmed. The Chef that prepared the meals did an excellent job and everything was tasty. We could not have chosen a better venue and we are grateful and would recommend this venue to anyone getting married.

Katie · Married on 05/09/2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue and their staff! We were given our own day of coordinator, Brittany, who was wonderful! She spent time getting to know us, listened to us, and guided us through the process so it was the perfect day! The food was incredible and the thing our guests commented on the most. We were impressed because we received our own private tasting with the head chef who came out with each meal to get our thoughts on the food-it was wonderful! We had a lot of out of town guests and the staff was able to accommodate everyone's needs from booking rooms, to shuttle transportation, to even making sure we were all in the same building! Family and friends loved their experience of VA mainly because of all the Founders Inn hospitality and assistance! The grounds are gorgeous and made for beautiful pictures. They know how to do weddings! They are professional, kind, and most of all FUN!! I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone looking at a VA wedding! You will NOT be disappointed!!!

Sent on 05/21/2015

The Founders Inn and Spa's reply:

Dear Katie, Thank you so much for your kind words. Weddings are a special day and we want all brides and their family and friends to enjoy this day. I am so happy everything was perfect!

Aaron · Married on 12/27/2014

Excellent venue. Great food that everyone enjoyed even the picky ones. The pasta bar with the different pastas was excellent with the meat options. The cocktail hour before the reception had tasty hors d'oeuvres. The venue provided great wedding photograph opportunities (outdoor with the fountain and indoors with the fireplaces and Christmas decor). The honeymoon suite was nice with a fireplace and champagne and variety of fruits and cookies.

Founders Inn made things so simple for us!! They were very professional and handled everything on our wedding day!! No worries for us which makes a huge difference! The grounds are absolutely beautiful and I don't think we could have picked a better place to get married!

Damali · Married on 07/20/2014

The BEST of the BEST is the only way to describe the Founders Inn and Spa. The venue, the staff they are all amazing!!!!! From the moment that I met Emily Andersen and Ann Smith they made my life so easy! My wedding was a destination wedding, so at first I was very nervous to travel all the way to Norfolk, Va on blind faith, I am from New York so I know good quality reception halls, but when I finally showed up at the Founders Inn it well exceeded any of my expectations! It was the best venue to have my extravagant wedding!!!!! My wedding party consisted of 380 guest and 42 children, and the Founders Inn made sure to roll out the red carpet to make us feel welcomed. If you are looking for a fairytale venue to host an awesome wedding, you have to go to the Founders Inn and Spa. You will definitely not regret this awesome decision.

Sent on 08/12/2014

The Founders Inn and Spa's reply:

Dear Damali, Thank you for your kind review! It was our pleasure host you and your family and friends for such a special occasion. It is our wish that every Founders Inn bride and groom has a unique wedding they've always dreamed of. I do hope that you will join us again for many more joyous occasions.

B. Marie · Married on 06/14/2014

This was an extremely, beautiful atmosphere for a wedding. The facility provided the perfect touch of class that the bride and groom hoped for.

Sent on 06/18/2014

The Founders Inn and Spa's reply:

B. Marie, Thank you for letting us know of your experience! We strive to make the bride and groom's day positively memorable.
  • User4207226 · 2+ years ago

I would recommend this venue to anyone. It is absolutely beautiful, the service is amazing and the wedding coordinator is fantastic to work with. We had our ceremony outdoor at the lake, our cocktail hour at the atrium and our reception at the ballroom and it worked our fantastically. The photos turned out amazing and everyone ( guests/family/friends) all commented on the great service.
    Margaret was particularly great to work with and I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/27/2014

The Founders Inn and Spa's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! It is our goal to provide superior service to all wedding guests so we can make your day memorable and special. I am glad to know this is what you experienced. I will pass your kind comments to Margaret!

Sarah · Married on 05/03/2014

If you are looking for a beautiful venue to get married, choose the Founders Inn! I felt like a princess, a complimentary massage, seeing our event on the TV screens, the beautiful setup. Worth every penny! Founders Inn can give you the perfect wedding in your budget...I was surprised at how much everything was, it was very affordable considering how elegant everything felt and looked. The weather was amazing, and everyone still compliments me on how amazing everything was. Spring/Summer or Fall/winter...choose The Founders Inn!!

Sent on 05/31/2014

The Founders Inn and Spa's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We were honored that you chose us for your special day. We strive to make every bride and groom's day special and unique and we are happy to hear that your day was memorable.

Diana · Married on 04/03/2014

I want to have another event just to be able to work with them again! They were wonderful in accommodating our needs because we had a brunch "reception" and they were kind enough to workout a customized package for us. They answered every single question we had and made sure we were getting what we wanted and some more. I was still hesitant on paying as much for one party (yes I'm that kind of bride) but when the day came I had no doubts I did the right thing with the right people! Their food was amazing, so was their service, and the people that helped us keep it all together throughout were so kind, helpful, and a pleasure to work with! To this day, I hear how amazing the food, service, staff, landscape, cake, basically everything was!
    Oh! And their Spa is pretty amazing, I just got a massage though. Definitely consider this venue for your special day or ANY other event that needs amazing in it ;)

Sent on 04/28/2014

The Founders Inn and Spa's reply:

Diana, Thank you for your review! It was our pleasure to host your wedding; it was such a lovely event! We enjoy being able to customize wedding packages depending on the needs and wants of the bride & groom. We also understand that each aspect of the hotel helps create the overall atmosphere for a wedding. And just as you mentioned, the landscape, food, and even the Spa, can create a special experience. Again, it was our pleasure to help you coordinate and host a memorable wedding. We hope to see you soon for your next event!

Sophia · Married on 10/05/2013

Emily Andersen of Founders Inn coordinated everything wonderfully for our daughter's outdoor wedding and buffet reception! From the first time we met for planning up until the last moment we saw her at the reception, she never lost her beautiful smile and willingness to make both events amazing! She was an excellent listener, was patient, offered great advice, encouraged us to contact her regarding any concerns or questions we had, returned our calls and emails immediately, was respectful, was very happy to help, and, well, made our daughter's wishes come true for the fantastic wedding she had hoped for. After you go through the many months of planning and expenditure of all the vendors and visualize over and over how you, as parents, want this once in a lifetime gift from you to your daughter to be, it all ultimately comes down to just a few short hours when all the magic comes together so suddenly- and Ms. Andersen made sure it was magic. Thank you, Emily! So many guests commented about how wonderful you were that day! The bridesmaids loved you!

We were also very pleased with Brandon who assisted Emily to coordinate a flawless ceremony processional and recessional. We can not leave out the chef and kitchen staff who provided the most amazing entrees and sides! And the catering staff in the ballroom who were gracious and professional! And the on-site pastry chef who made a very beautiful tiered wedding cake! And all other staff who were behind the scenes working to help make everything come together for such a fantastic, memorable day!

Thank you to everyone at Founders!

Sent on 10/19/2013

The Founders Inn and Spa's reply:

Thank you for your kind and gracious comments which I will bring to the attention of our team at The Founders Inn & Spa.
  • I

Imee · Married on 09/28/2013

Our wedding at Founders Inn was amazing. We were able to have our ceremony outside in the English Gardens which are gorgeous. The catering staff, especially Ann and Emily, we're fantastic to work with and did everything to make our wedding perfect. Our reception food was also amazing and all our guests mentioned how good it was. I highly recommend Founders for both wedding ceremonies and receptions.

Sent on 06/07/2014

The Founders Inn and Spa's reply:

Thank you for your review! I am happy that you chose us to help you celebrate your special day. We strive to fulfill the needs and wants of each bride and groom. I hope that you will join us again to celebrate many other happy occasions!

Founders Inn was a beautiful place to have my Wedding! I am always shocked when I walk to because it is breath taking!

Sent on 08/05/2013

The Founders Inn and Spa's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review The Founders Inn & Spa. I too am always take aback by how impressive the property looks, and it seems to change with the seasons too.

Matthew · Married on 06/08/2013

Amazing wedding thank you so much