The Founders Inn and Spa Reviews

84 Reviews for The Founders Inn and Spa

• Frank

Frank A. · Getting married on 02/11/2022

Came to DJ/MC Decided to Stay Over

Myself and Mosquito Cove team member MC Shelia T visited Founder's Inn for a site survey before a Vow Renewal Event scheduled for the 26th of November 2020. The Founder's Inn staff was so charming, informative, helpful and cheerful that we decided to stay overnight. Dinner was great and the buffet the next day was wonderful. When we returned for the ceremony and celebration, our three-man team decided to stay over again. We loved the friendly and extremely helpful attitude of the entire staff. I loved working and staying at Founder's Inn!

Sent on 03/01/2021

Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind review! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time on our property. You all were a pleasure to work with as well and we hope to see you soon in the future!

• Hannah

Hannah · Married on 10/24/2020

Amazing Venue

Absolutely, love the venue and the service. So much so that we booked our wedding here!

Sent on 06/05/2019

Hi Hannah,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I hope you and your family have an amazing holiday season. We hope to see you around again soon!

Best wishes,

www.foundersinn.com

• Ashley

Ashley H. · Married on 06/06/2020

Excellent and Beautiful

The Founder's Inn and Spa was the dream location for our intimate wedding. Before we agreed to book the Founder's Inn we were blown away by the grounds and the beauty of the ceremony location and Fireplace Lobby. From start to finish the staff at the Founder's Inn. Even during the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, they were flexible, gracious and responsive. When we started planning the wedding under normal circumstances, every detail was taken care of and anticipated. Their all-inclusive made our wedding planning so much easier than we had imagined. We highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/22/2020

Hi Ashley,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so happy that we still had the opportunity to host you all given the craziness in the world right now. You and your family were a joy to host. I wish you all many years of love and happiness moving forward with your journey. If there is anything we can assist you with in the future please feel free to reach out to me.

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 01/04/2020

Wonderful staff and venue!!

I just got married on Jan 4th and Founders was our "home base" for the entire wedding weekend...and it was PERFECT. I had a great wedding coordinator at Founders named Christine and she was extremely professional and easy to work with. Almost half of our 80 guests stayed at the hotel for the 'wedding weekend' and the rooms were beautiful and the staff was wonderful. (My bridal party and I also used the Flowering Almond Spa services and they were excellent!) The holiday decorations made the hotel even more stunning and the Swan Terrace restaurant was the perfect place for our "small-ish" reception. And the food was SO GOOD (especially the crab stuffed sole - wow). Founders also provided a wonderful bridal dressing room (where a lot of my out of town family and friends hung out on the wedding morning!) and brought in a tray of appetizers and champagne for us after the ceremony. At least 20 of us gathered for brunch on Sunday morning back in Swan Terrace - and it was again fun, with great food and excellent staff! I will always have a very fond place in my heart for Founders and see us definitely returning there for anniversaries! I would highly, highly recommend having your wedding and/or reception at Founders!! Jennifer T., Fredericksburg, VA

Sent on 01/23/2020

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you had such a positive experience on your wedding day! Our staff works very hard to provide the best experience for every Bride. I will pass your positive words along to the staff. Please let us know if we can assist you any time in the future.

Rachel McEntire|Catering Sales Manager
    The Founders Inn and Spa, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
    5641 Indian River Road | Virginia Beach, VA 23464
    o: 757.366.5814 | e: Rachel.McEntire@foundersinn.com
    www.foundersinn.com

• Imamanda12

Amanda · Married on 11/09/2019

Perfect wedding!!

I had the most beautiful wedding over the weekend. The venue was absolutely gorgeous! They had their lights in the bushes for Christmas time which created the perfect background for pictures as well as a beautiful scenery outside the swan terrace windows which Is where I had my reception. The food was AMAZING! Serving staff were so nice and made sure we had everything we wanted. The night of our wedding we got a complimentary wedding night hotel room which had a fireplace going and snacks and champaign waiting for us. I loved how this venue included the catering. This made things easier for me when planning since I was planning alone while my husband was deployed. For the price, you get an amazing wedding. So glad I chose this place!

Sent on 11/13/2019

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for such a kind review! Our staff works very hard to make sure you have the best experience possible. We are honored to have been chosen as the location for your big day. If there is anything we can assist you with in the future please do not hesitate to reach out to us! We wish you many years of happiness and lots of love.

Best wishes,

Jessica · Married on 11/02/2019

Best Venue in Hampton Roads

From the moment we walked on the grounds of Founders Inn, we were blown away by the hospitality of the staff. Every inch of the grounds is a beautiful location for a wedding and reception. The venue had a range of packages to fit exactly what we were looking for! It was amazing and much less stressful planning a wedding at the Founders Inn because they provided nearly everything we needed: venues for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception (with included rain backup locations that were equally beautiful) food, alcohol, cake, tables, chairs, linens, and more! Brittany Duarte was so friendly and knowledgeable from our first tour and beyond. She was also quick with communication and always answered all our questions thoroughly. When we got closer to our wedding, we met Emily Anuszek who worked closely with us for all the small details. Emily was also an excellent communicator and so professional. She collaborated with us and each of our vendors to make our wedding day perfect! We couldn’t have picked a better venue and we are forever thankful to the entire staff of the Founders Inn for such a memorable wedding day.

Sent on 12/09/2019

Hi Jessica Lee,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so happy that you enjoyed your time planning with us and that you gave us the opportunity to host you all on your special day. We wish you many years of love and happiness and please feel free to come by any time!

Best Regards,
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 07/05/2019

Perfect Venue if you’re on a budget

When looking for a venue my husband and I wanted a place that wouldn’t break the bank however had the expensive look we wanted. That’s exactly what the founders in gave us. The staff was very professional and were timely in responding to all questions and concerns we had. Not to mention the food was absolutely AMAZING! Our guests were raving about the food for days later. If we were to do it all again would definitely pick the founders inn without a doubt. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/20/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley F. · Married on 01/19/2019

The Perfect Venue

The Founders Inn was definitely the perfect venue for my wedding. From booking to planning to the wedding itself, the staff was professional and helpful each step of the way. Brittany and Chloe were both fantastic to work with, and always responsive to any questions I had. The wedding turned out amazing and I’m so glad I chose the Founders Inn! I would highly recommend it to anyone for any event!

Sent on 02/10/2019
  • Lolita & Stanley's Wedding

Lolita · Married on 07/28/2018

The founders Inn was the best place to have a wedding or any event. The staff from the beginning to the end was above excellent. They are professional with warm hospitality, they are very accommodating and just good people! The place is gorgeous and has a warm feeling. All members of the staff Brittany, Chloe, and the staff who worked during my wedding were attentive, friendly and just good people. I will recommend them to anyone, thank you all so much for making my wedding day one of the best days of my life!

Sent on 08/17/2018

Hello Lolita,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We enjoy receiving feedback from our couples. The Founders Inn and Spa takes pride in providing excellent service and making our wedding couples feel special! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed working with Chloe and our Banquet Team!

Thank you again for your time and we wish you two years of friendship, love, and happiness!

Brittany M. Duarte
    Catering Sales Manager

I had the immense pleasure of working with Brittany and Casey for all of my wedding-day plans, and I have to say, they completely knew what they were doing. From (literally) last-minute additions to the guest list, to booking more rooms than expected, to having the perfect setup for the big day, I could not have imagined a more knowledgeable or professional staff. They thought of the things I'd never even begin to think about, and took care of them before I thought to worry. The venue itself was gorgeous -- we had a small wedding, so it was held in the fireplace room just outside the lobby. It was completely transformed when I walked down the aisle, and the outdoor cocktail reception was perfectly staged. The reception and dinner were phenomenal, and everything went better than I could have ever hoped. If I could give the venue and its amazing staff a 10/10, I absolutely would.

Sent on 11/02/2017

Sam · Married on 09/16/2017

The Founders Inn and Spa was the perfect location for our wedding! We wanted our wedding to be somewhere meaningful to us, obviously beautiful, and somewhere that made it easy to conduct all aspects of the wedding - ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and especially lodging for our guests. The Founders Inn and Spa made all of that possible.

While the venue was certainly a beautiful location, the best part of having our wedding at the Founders Inn and Spa was the team that we worked with. We worked primarily with Casey Burnett and she was an absolute joy to work with. Her professionalism, organization, and attention to detail are some of her strongest traits and we were so fortunate to have been able to work with her. Throughout the entire process, Casey worked quickly and efficiently to answer any and every question we had. She was meticulous in her tracking, thoughtful in her delivery, and exhibited genuine care in ensuring that our wedding day went smoothly. We could not be happier to have had our wedding at the Founders Inn and Spa and could not have been more lucky to have worked with Casey - thank you for everything!

Sent on 09/28/2017
  • User5421927 · 2+ years ago

Ann Smith has been amazing throughout the whole booking process. My groom to be lives out of state due to being in the Navy. Ann went out of her way to not only allow me to facetime during the initial tour of the property, but made sure we could book a time for a tour of the property and include him in all of the planning when he was home.

Sent on 01/19/2016

So helpful, the wedding was one of the best I've ever been to!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 08/12/2016

Andy and I were married on Friday, August 12. We also combined our family reunion during the week leading up to the wedding. We had our rehearsal dinner in the Hunt Room. We ABSOLUTELY LOVED working with Ann and Lydia throughout our wedding planning process. Lydia was actually getting married only a week after our wedding and she still seemed so focused on us and made us a priority. Even through all our changes, the big day was truly perfect. When Andy and I first walked through property at the Founders Inn and saw the English gardens, we just knew this was where we had to get married. The food was amazing and the space was exactly right for what we wanted and needed for our guests. There is not a better wedding venue in Virginia Beach.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Racheal · Married on 07/23/2016

We held our wedding at Founders Inn in July 2016. The grounds are gorgeous, the staff was amazing, and the services offered are top notch. Our big day was absolutely amazing. We had an indoor wedding in their beautiful atrium. The staff were on top of everything. The food was amazing, our cake was beautifully decorated, and the reception/ceremony site were clean and inviting.

We had a minor experience with our reception hall temperature not staying cool but they went above and beyond to find a solution to this. We have no hard feelings over this because certain things are beyond their control.

Our hotel accommodations for the evening made us feel like royalty. Gorgeous room and amazing service. They were on top of everything. We felt welcomed and appreciated from the very beginning.

We cannot thank Founders Inn and their staff enough as they made our biggest day amazing.

Sent on 09/03/2016

Sarah · Married on 04/30/2016

We loved having our wedding at the Founders Inn! I planned our wedding while going through nursing school, so the stress was incredible. And, of course, during the most important planning period (1 month out) my husband was underway, which is a fancy Navy word for out at sea. However, Ann and Brittany were both so understanding and accommodating about everything. We booked about 1 year in advance. The most important advice I can give is to book your venue at least 10 months prior to when you wish to get married, especially if you want to have it at Founders! The place is so incredible and books up very fast. Not a lot of brides get to say this, but I honestly felt like our wedding went perfectly! There is nothing I would have wanted to do differently or change about it. I think the key to having this feeling is to just let everyone do the jobs that you hired them to do and sit back and enjoy your big day! They are PROS at Founders and you can rest assured that they will handle every crisis without you ever knowing it even happened! :-)

Sent on 05/22/2016

Hello Mrs. Leblanc
    Congratulations on your nuptials!
    Thank you for your very nice comments! We are grateful you have placed your trust in us and with one of your memorable days of your life. I can speak on behalf of Brittany that we will miss working with you. You looked absolutely gorgeous in your gown. Please send us pictures or post on our Founders Inn Facebook page.
    We would love to grow more memories with you so please keep in touch with us and consider us again for future events or one year anniversary!
    Thank you again for having the Founders Inn & Spa host a personal and joyous occasion!
    Best of love to you and your new future!
    XOXOXOXO
    Ann Smith

Mary · Married on 10/11/2015

It doesn't get any better we had to reschedule and they were very accommodating! The venue was amazing and they were very attentive to us even just the two of us and the rooms and food were amazing!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Sara · Married on 06/21/2015

Haven't even had my wedding yet but I'm very impressed with the friendliness of the staff planning it. They have taken a lot of the stress away. I even got my officiant from them!

Sent on 03/14/2015

The Founders Inn and Spa's reply:

Sara, we are so excited to help you plan your big day! We look forward to making it memorable for you and your guests. Thank you for choosing The Founders Inn and Spa as your venue!

Very beautiful as a venue. I recommend.

Sent on 12/22/2014

My husband and I could not have picked a more elegant, and beautiful venue for our wedding on May 17, 2015. Everything was just beautiful. The staff was awesome and caring. We had a negative experience with a Williamsburg venue and the staff that worked with us were angels. We first worked with Emily Anderson, she made sure everything was comfortable for us from our transition with a negative experience in Williamsburg. Brittany Duarte, came thru and was on-point and even gave us a wonderful suggestions we used for our wedding day . She made sure that we had food alternatives for our family who were vegetarians and was just very caring towards us. On the day of the wedding Brittany Bagel made sure I was

Sent on 08/03/2015

David · Married on 05/17/2015

The Founder's Inn and Spa is an elegant venue to have your ceremony and reception. My husband actually found this venue and when we first visited we both knew that this was the location for our special day. Everything was beautiful. The staff is very professional and they are concerned about every last detail of your wedding. Emily Anderson helped us to feel comfortable with them since we had a negative experience with a venue in Williamsburg. Brittany Duarte went above and beyond making sure that our vendors we used were set for the wedding day and gave us wonderful ideas to use in our wedding. She also offered several food alternatives for some of our family who were vegetarians. Brittany Bagley made sure on the wedding day that everything went smoothly and that we stayed calmed. The Chef that prepared the meals did an excellent job and everything was tasty. We could not have chosen a better venue and we are grateful and would recommend this venue to anyone getting married.

Sent on 08/06/2015

Katie · Married on 05/09/2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue and their staff! We were given our own day of coordinator, Brittany, who was wonderful! She spent time getting to know us, listened to us, and guided us through the process so it was the perfect day! The food was incredible and the thing our guests commented on the most. We were impressed because we received our own private tasting with the head chef who came out with each meal to get our thoughts on the food-it was wonderful! We had a lot of out of town guests and the staff was able to accommodate everyone's needs from booking rooms, to shuttle transportation, to even making sure we were all in the same building! Family and friends loved their experience of VA mainly because of all the Founders Inn hospitality and assistance! The grounds are gorgeous and made for beautiful pictures. They know how to do weddings! They are professional, kind, and most of all FUN!! I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone looking at a VA wedding! You will NOT be disappointed!!!

Sent on 05/21/2015

The Founders Inn and Spa's reply:

Dear Katie, Thank you so much for your kind words. Weddings are a special day and we want all brides and their family and friends to enjoy this day. I am so happy everything was perfect!

Aaron · Married on 12/27/2014

Excellent venue. Great food that everyone enjoyed even the picky ones. The pasta bar with the different pastas was excellent with the meat options. The cocktail hour before the reception had tasty hors d'oeuvres. The venue provided great wedding photograph opportunities (outdoor with the fountain and indoors with the fireplaces and Christmas decor). The honeymoon suite was nice with a fireplace and champagne and variety of fruits and cookies.

Sent on 12/29/2014

Founders Inn made things so simple for us!! They were very professional and handled everything on our wedding day!! No worries for us which makes a huge difference! The grounds are absolutely beautiful and I don't think we could have picked a better place to get married!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Damali · Married on 07/20/2014

The BEST of the BEST is the only way to describe the Founders Inn and Spa. The venue, the staff they are all amazing!!!!! From the moment that I met Emily Andersen and Ann Smith they made my life so easy! My wedding was a destination wedding, so at first I was very nervous to travel all the way to Norfolk, Va on blind faith, I am from New York so I know good quality reception halls, but when I finally showed up at the Founders Inn it well exceeded any of my expectations! It was the best venue to have my extravagant wedding!!!!! My wedding party consisted of 380 guest and 42 children, and the Founders Inn made sure to roll out the red carpet to make us feel welcomed. If you are looking for a fairytale venue to host an awesome wedding, you have to go to the Founders Inn and Spa. You will definitely not regret this awesome decision.

Sent on 08/12/2014

Dear Damali,

Thank you for your kind review! It was our pleasure host you and your family and friends for such a special occasion. It is our wish that every Founders Inn bride and groom has a unique wedding they've always dreamed of. I do hope that you will join us again for many more joyous occasions.