The Fork Goes on the Left Reviews

4 Reviews for The Fork Goes on the Left

4 The Fork Goes on the Left Reviews
  • Catti Labelle

Quiana · Married on 07/07/2018

I knew when I first got engaged that having a strong vendor team was crucial to a smooth, stress-free day. When I contacted Mellanee last year about catering my wedding, she invited us for a tasting in her home and it felt like we were at a friend's place. She has such a warm presence and makes you feel welcome, and with the amazing food that she served out of her kitchen, it was a done deal. In the months, weeks, and even days leading up to the wedding, Mellanee was always communicating with me. Even through little (or big) hiccups along the way, Mellanee was such a pro but also so comforting. My wedding at the Midtown Loft and Terrace was everything I could have asked for and more. The hors d'oeuvres were amazing (everyone raved about the shrimp and mango ceviche!) and the dinner was fantastic! Guests said it was some of the best food they ever had at a wedding. The staff was super friendly, just perfect. We were definitely well taken care of by Mellanee and her team!

The Fork Goes on the Left 1

Lilia · Married on 06/18/2016

The Fork Goes on the Left did an excellent job catering our wedding! The food itself was absolutely delicious, and one of the signature non-alcoholic drinks was a huge hit. We were so excited to find a caterer with interesting options somewhat outside the realm of regular wedding food. TFGOTL was flexible in terms of plating and accommodating our requests, and our guests raved about the food. Many said it was the best wedding food they'd ever had. We had a venue that didn't provide anything, and TFGOL was helpful in coordinating rentals and logistics. The service captain was outstanding, and we could feel his focus on making sure the entire evening went well for us and our guests. We would definitely hire TFGOL again!

Words cannot express how pleased my husband and I are with Mellanne Harvin and. We had a very specific fusion menu in mind, and Mellannee was able to prepare everything from shrimp ceviche and jerked Cornish hen to sweet potato fritters and BBQ short-rib sliders. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Mellannee was extremely flexible ensuring that all of our last minute wishes and customizations were possible.

The Fork Goes on the Left wait staff was extremely professional and courteous to all guests. The venue were we had our wedding needed a lot of setup and Mellanne’s staff went the extra mile to ensure everything was set up and all of our guests needs were met.
    The Fork Goes on the Left
    I highly recommend The Fork Goes on the Left for all catering needs!

Stephanie · Married on 06/14/2008

The food was wonderful, the service was great, her entire team was exceptional and really "rolled with the punches". If someone is interested in utilizing a Black-owned or woman-owned business this is the caterer to go with.