The Flyway Lodge Reviews

View more information

• Demi
    Demi M. Married on 06/05/2021

Stuart wedding

The venue is perfect, Michelle is amazing, I could not have had a better location!
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey Married on 04/10/2021

Best venue ever!

I cannot say enough about Michelle and the Flyway Lodge! Without her, we would not have had the perfect wedding. Our journey with her started about two years ago when we looked at the venue and knew that this was the place we were supposed to get married. We had our engagement pictures here, our first wedding here in October (super small thanks to COVID), and our final wedding (with a larger group of people) in April. Michelle's flexibility and how much she truly cares about her brides and grooms is beyond amazing. I truly believe that we will be out there again soon taking more pictures because the property is beautiful and one of my favorite places now. Her son took fantastic care of our fur baby during the reception and when we wanted to take pictures in the barn, she made it happen. There are so many more things that she has done for us I am sure, as my mom and her were a great tag team! If you are looking for an outdoor, rustic, with amazing views and backgrounds, this is the place-Michelle will take great care of you!!!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie S. Married on 10/17/2020

Beautiful Venue

Flyway Lodge was the perfect place for our outdoor wedding! The owners were so easy going and great to work with the entire time. They have tables, chairs, and a crew to do setup which was fantastic! The lodge itself has a wonderful rustic charm that I just can't get over, it was the perfect place for a wedding reception! We also got married right on the water which was awesome and made for some phenomenal photos!
  • O
    Olivia Married on 10/27/2018
    The Flyway Lodge is beautiful and so unique! Michelle is so nice and helpful, and they are very flexible with vendors and decor choices so we can make our wedding exactly how we want! Definitely worth it!
  • Olivia
    Olivia B. Married on 10/27/2018

Beautiful location

Flyway is gorgeous and Michelle is so nice. We must’ve gone to the lodge a dozen times to plan, and she was always available to help and answer our questions. We absolutely loved this venue.

The Flyway Lodge's reply:

Thank you! Your wedding was so gorgeous and y'all were wonderful to work with! I know you are enjoying the married life!
    Lindsey Married on 09/29/2018

Fall Wedding at Flyway

Amazing venue! Perfect views. Awesome service!

The Flyway Lodge's reply:

Thank you for this kind review! You are the best! I know you are enjoying the married life! I just showed your video to a bunch of my students at school and they were mesmerized!
  • Kelly
    Kelly C. Married on 09/22/2018

BEWARE!!! Unprofessional and Unresponsive

My husband and I were thrilled when we found this venue. We thought it was the perfect place to have our families come together and celebrate. Unfortunately, we were SO wrong. Michelle’s lack of prompt communication and inability to follow through caused us to have to move our wedding ONE WEEK before our wedding date. She delayed the ABC license paperwork so long that it was impossible to get a license—even if I had driven six hours round trip to Raleigh myself. When we brought up the issue and let her know that we were going to have to relocate the wedding to Virginia we NEVER HEARD FROM HER AGAIN. She kept our deposit and did not even show up in court. We won a judgment for the deposit and she still refuses to respond or to pay.