The Flowering Fern Wedding & Event Planning Reviews

The Flowering Fern Wedding & Event Planning 6
The Flowering Fern Wedding & Event Planning 7

Eddie Nasongkhla · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing 3000

The Flowering Fern was my savior. Before our wedding, we had a hard time finding someone we could trust. (It was our wedding after all). I found The Flowering Fern through a referral on Facebook and just like finding my future wife, I had hit the jackpot with them. I have a very crazy work schedule filled with travel and never ending meetings, but Rachel (@ The Flowering Fern) was amazing and took care of everything. Very proactive, had suggestions, and treated us more like friends and family vs a client. My only regret is that I won't get to work with Rachel any time soon because I won't be getting married again.

Sent on 08/16/2019

Emily Manahan · Married on 07/06/2019

Rachel is the person you NEED in your corner!

If we had one piece of advice, it would be to hire Rachel! We wholeheartedly recommend her, and we will be hiring her next time we have a large scale event. She played a huge role in making sure our wedding ran smoothly with our unique mix of big personalities and out of town guests.

Before the wedding, we met several times to make sure that we understood the vision, plan, and logistics for the day of. She proactively helped us problem solve, and her experience was invaluable throughout our planning process. Without her, we would have been figuring out how to fit all of the tables in the venue on the day of the ceremony (which would not have been ideal.)

Our wedding had a relaxed vibe, and it was important to us that our guests had fun. Rachel helped facilitate an AMAZING experience that our guests are still talking about. Plus, she helped make sure that we enjoyed our wedding day (which is important too!) Without Rachel, our wedding would have been more chaotic and much less fun. We were honored to work with Rachel and we've already recommended her to other couples. She's superb!

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Emma

Emma Grice · Married on 06/29/2019

Rachel is the best person you will work with

Hiring Rachel to be our day of coordinator was the best decision we made while planning our wedding (okay...maybe my decision on husbands was pretty good too). From the first meeting she was organized and always went above and beyond to make our day run smoothly. Not only is she impeccably professional, her personality is relaxed and fun. Hiring Rachel was the best money we spent on the wedding, she handled logistics perfectly and was an all around awesome coordinator.

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • Inness

Inness Pryor · Married on 11/11/2018

Capable, kind, real.

We found Rachel through our wedding planner, Everly. Although she was only hired for day-of coordination, Rachel took the time to meet us in person a couple of months in advance to learn all about us and our wedding vision. She was very responsive by email and always enthusiastic while simultaneously being grounded and realistic. She took all the rehearsal and wedding day stress in stride and followed the plan impeccably. She was always available when needed while somehow melting into the background of the day. There is NO evidence of her in photos or videos, which makes me a little sad because she is beautiful! Any time I wanted reassurance or just to share my joy with someone, she was there with a smile or a wink. Her warmth and realness made me feel known and beloved and worthy; unsurprising, given her background in mental health. Anyway, our wedding was beautiful and perfect and exactly as I hoped, and Rachel played a large part in making that happen. Highly recommended!

Sent on 02/10/2019

Meggie · Married on 09/29/2018

Rachel was my saving grace!

When I first started planning I wasn't going to hire a day-of coordinator. I thought I could do it all myself. Thankfully, someone recommended Rachel to me - I never would have made it through the day. From the moment Rachel and I started talking, she was incredibly helpful and responsive. She had great ideas and made me feel like everything I wanted was possible. She even came and met up with me a few days before the wedding and spent 2-hours going over every detail. On the day of, Rachel and her awesome assistant Flor-Mari did absolutely everything. I didn't have to worry about a thing. Everything was beautiful and that was all because of Rachel. I would recommend her to anyone who asked.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Sara · Married on 07/14/2018

Rachel is such an amazing wedding planner. She is very attention detailed and ask questions about a lot of things we hadn’t thought about! It made the day go by without a hitch and best of all my mom didn’t have to worry about a thing and could actually enjoy my wedding too! We used her for my sisters wedding as well! Highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/20/2018
    The Flowering Fern Wedding & Event Planning 8
    The Flowering Fern Wedding & Event Planning 9
    The Flowering Fern Wedding & Event Planning 10

Anna · Married on 07/07/2018

Rachel and her team were absolutely amazing to work with! Rachel made the wedding planning process fun and easy, and worked hard to ensure that our wedding weekend went off without a hitch. Rachel had the most calming presence through what can otherwise be a hectic process. She was organized, thoughtful, and so easy to work with. She had great ideas for how to make our wedding even better. I can't recommend Rachel and her team highly enough, and will be sure to send people her way in the future!!! Thank you again, Rachel!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Mariah · Married on 06/16/2018

Rachel was such a pleasure to work with! She is kind, helpful, and funny, which were great qualities to have to help things run smoothly at our wedding. We had our wedding near Mt. Rainier with little to no cell phone service and she helped our guests find the venue, their lodging, and helped them to the ceremony site. She is a full service planner and even helped with the last minute decorating. She posed a lot of great, detailed questions during the planning process and made sure everything was executed as planned the day of. I’d definitely recommend her!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Allie · Married on 09/20/2017

When my husband and I were planning our rustic DIY wedding, Rachel (of The Flowering Fern) was so accommodating and professional -- her hard work and attention to detail enabled us and our families to fully enjoy our wedding day rather than worrying about all the little problems that tend to pop up during important events such as these. She met with us on numerous occasions in advance to understand our vision and planning progress. She provided recommendations for things such as bartenders and also popular DJ's that could provide sound support for the ceremony as well as the reception. She even stopped at the store on the way to the event to pick up a few last minute items we neglected, such as a cake serving set. And when the caterer's car broke down on the way to the wedding, it was Rachel on the phone making sure they would be able to arrive in time to serve our guests -- meanwhile my husband and I were enjoying ourselves and blissfully unaware that any such problem was attempting to rear its angry head. We mingled and danced the night away while Rachel made sure the fire pit's natural gas supply was adequate, the non-alcoholic beverage station was topped off, and my husband and I were supplied with dinner and drinks (despite our preoccupations). We can't imagine our big day going off without a hitch had she not been there to coordinate all the vendors and keep a watchful eye over our party. We highly recommend her for anyone planning an important event and we plan to use her services again in the future!

Sent on 01/31/2018

Katie · Married on 09/16/2017

The flowing fern was amazing... I don’t know what I would of done without her!! She made our special day organized as possible and stress free! She played out everything just how we requested it. I couldn’t be happier with her services!

Sent on 10/09/2017
    The Flowering Fern Wedding & Event Planning 11

Rebecca · Married on 08/26/2017

We were married in August of 2017 and used The Flowering Fern (Rachel) as our day of coordinator for our 90 guest backyard wedding and reception. It was hands down the best decision we made when planning our wedding. Rachel met with us twice before the big day (and then again for the rehearsal), spent several hours helping us plan both small and large details (it is amazing how many details that a non-experienced wedding person overlooks!) and she also helped with directing of the rehearsal. She truly thought of everything! As often happens at weddings, not everything went as planned (in our situation, the bride became very ill the night before the wedding). Rachel was presented with a challenge that she had not encountered before and remarkably, the wedding ran smoothly and everyone had a wonderful time.

She was the first one to arrive the morning of the wedding and was the last one to leave. She was extremely professional and accessible by phone and email for several months before the wedding whenever we had questions. She was discreetly present, none of our guests had any idea that we had a day of coordinator, and directed the wedding in a similar manner. No detail was forgotten. We have recommended her to our engaged friends and the bride's sister will be using The Flowering Fern for her wedding next year. Rachel is worth her weight in gold.

Sent on 10/07/2017
    The Flowering Fern Wedding & Event Planning 12
    The Flowering Fern Wedding & Event Planning 13
    The Flowering Fern Wedding & Event Planning 14

Dave and Pennie · Married on 07/29/2017

We found Rachel through a friend whose daughter was getting married. Rachel listened to our wedding and reception ideas, made great suggestions, and helped to organize our daughter and us. The day of the wedding and reception, she demonstrated excellent people skills, and worked seamlessly to make the day become all we had imagined. She and her staff are highly professional, yet managed the day invisibly to our guests. We recommend her highly, and if we had another daughter or son getting married, we would request her services again, in a heartbeat. Pennie and Dave Orwoll

Sent on 10/21/2017

Emma · Married on 07/22/2017

Rachel and the Flowering Fern was amazing through the entire planning experience. We planned our wedding at Lake Crescent, WA all the way from Minneapolis so a weekend coordinator was a must. Wedding days are stressful; do yourself a favor and hire Rachel! She even came all the way out to Lake Crescent with me a few months prior to the wedding to tour the site, cannot beat that service. Rachel personality and style matched very well with ours, I am so happy we found her!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Alisha · Married on 12/18/2016

I met Rachel through my photographers who highly recommended her services for the day of coordinator for my wedding. Rachel was lovely from beginning to end. Our initial contact was through email, during which I filled out a questionnaire and setup our face to face meeting. I liked that she always met somewhere that was close and convenient for me. Rachel took the time to not only visit the venue but get to know my parents who were very involved in the whole orchestration. She made contact with all my vendors and helped run the dress rehearsal. The biggest impact of her services was how she asked all the right questions about my wedding's setup, down to smallest of details. Thins would not have ran as smoothly as they did without her.
    Rachel is warm, funny, and thoughtful as she works. While I'm not sentimental or big into wedding planning, she brought me wedding magazines, made me a wedding board, lent me items, and even wrote us a card congratulating us on our wedding.
    You will simply receive an amazing and dedicated woman if you go with The Flowering Fern for your next big event! ?

Sent on 12/27/2016

Rachel was such a hard working, thoughtful & friendly coordinator! She was quick to respond to any questions or concerns we had and always offered advice and support. By the time you're done working with her you'll feel like she's a best friend!! I wouldn't recommend anyone else!!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Jocelyn · Married on 05/21/2016

Rachel helped our wedding day run smoothly and stress-free. Even when we had to decide at the last minute about moving the ceremony because of the rain, she remained calm and kept me calm as well. Since I was planning the wedding from out of town, I didn't meet her until the week of our wedding but that didn't stop her from being attentive to our needs and wants. She made up for not being able to meet in person by making trips out to the venue and meeting with my mother to look at flower vendors. I initially went with Rachel because out of all the other coordinators I spoke to, she took the time to really get to know my husband and I. This made me feel extremely comfortable on the day of our wedding because when it came to decisions about decorations or timeline I left it up to her because I trusted her judgement. Rachel and her assistant, Flor-Marie, finished setting everything up in a short time frame and it all looked beautiful. I would definitely recommend The Flowering Fern for your wedding or any event you have going on in Washington.

Sent on 06/01/2016

We are so glad that we were able to count on Rachel for day-of wedding coordination. In advance of the big day, she asked great questions, shared useful tips, and helped us anticipate things we hadn't considered yet. She offered the use of some creative decorations that she had on hand to help fill in gaps here and there. On the day of the wedding, she came early, kept everything running smoothly, dealt with last-minute surprises as well as questions from guests and vendors, and buffered us from any anxiety or stress. We would recommend Rachel to anyone who is looking for an experienced, friendly, caring wedding coordinator to tackle things with the perfect mix of enthusiasm and calmness, solve problems without any fuss, and let the couple just enjoy the day. I originally didn't think I needed a day-of wedding coordinator, but Rachel's help was invaluable!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Libby · Married on 10/04/2014

The Flowering Fern event planning was extremely professional, knowledgeable and fun! Rachel was always timely with responses to our questions and helped calm us down when he had concerns. She is exceptionally organized which meant that the day of our wedding he had no concerns about vendors, music, food or our timeline. She made sure everything was running on time (very important to us) without interrupting any special moments. She anticipated needs we didn't even know we had! For example, she was very god at keeping the mic away from a certain aunt notorious for what we call "Chardonnay speeches" read: drunk rambling. One of the best parts? Her rates were a FRACTION of other event coordinators we met with. She is simply outstanding and I can't wait to have her help with our next event!

Sent on 01/08/2016

Laura · Married on 05/31/2014

Rachel is extremely attentive and thoughtful as a wedding facilitator, and helped us out so much prior to and on the day of our wedding. She willingly took on projects and helped with organization in the months leading up to it, and her event managing on the day itself helped everything run very smoothly. Some of her skills included coordination between various vendors and services, setting up and tearing down furniture and decorations, being the master of ceremonies, and helping to organize the those involved in the wedding. Rachel is open and responsive to feedback, and takes a great deal of pride in providing an amazing experience for her clients.

Sent on 10/01/2015

Ravan · Married on 08/27/2016

Very easy to work with. Flexible for day of changes.

Sent on 09/20/2016