The Flanders Hotel Reviews

The Flanders Hotel 6
The Flanders Hotel 7

Paula Angelo · Married on 07/21/2019

The Flanders Hotel

This is the most fabulous place to have a wedding! Karen and her staff are the outstanding in their knowledge and professionalism. You can rest easy knowing they have everything under control. Our guests are still telling us what a great wedding it was and how delicious the food is. It was a magical night In part due to the elegance of this hotel, great food and great staff.

Sent on 08/02/2019

Julie · Married on 06/29/2019

Best day ever thanks to the flanders

We got married recently at The Flanders Hotel and it was the best day of my life! Karen and team worked with me to make all my childhood OCNJ dreams come to life at my wedding. From preps pizza to oceanside views, everything was PERFECT! Karen, Jenn, and Gina are AMAZING to work with! They are responsive, eased all my concerns, and were always willing to work with me. They never answered me with a no when I was dreaming up a wedding aspect, but instead worked with me to make it happen - it was amazing! I am a control freak and was worried my day would not come to life - but Gina decorated everything just perfectly! I never even had to worry the moment the day began as everything went perfect. The venue is amazing as well. It is breath-taking beautiful with endless details. It gives an elegant but beachy vibe with the gorgeous amusement park lights in the windows of the crystal ballroom. Overall -- they provide amazing food, amazing decor and a great group of people to work with. We did the ceremony and reception here and it was perfect. Everyone had a blast and I am still getting compliments weeks later. Thank you for everything, we are so grateful we chose the Flanders for the most important day of our lives.

Sent on 07/14/2019

nilda · Married on 05/18/2019

Exceptional experience at the Flanders Hotel

We got married May 10, 2019 at The Flanders Hotel. Karen was outstanding from the day we met to discuss our wedding plans. Karen and her team made our entire experience simple and stress free. Everything we discussed and requested, was delivered on point by Karen and her team. She was professional, yet personable, and accommodating. The food was excellent and service was top notch. Our guests were impressed with the service and quality of food, including the overabundance of hors d'oeuvre served. Karen and her team exceeded our expectations and we highly recommend the venue.

Sent on 05/30/2019

Meghan · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing ! Best day ever !!

What can I say but wow ! Karen is amazing ! Karen and Gina went above and beyond to make our day amazing. I never thought our reception would be that amazing, beautiful and fun! I so happy we chose the Flanders and did something different. Everyone told us how perfect and much fun they had. I wish I could relive webery second of it!!!

Sent on 01/04/2019
    The Flanders Hotel 8
    The Flanders Hotel 9
    The Flanders Hotel 10
  • Natalie

Natalie Teitelbaum · Married on 09/21/2018

Most Perfect Day Ever!!

My husband and I had our wedding at the Flanders Hotel late September, 2018 and we couldn’t be happier with how our wedding weekend unfolded. We are long time OCNJ vacationers and wanted to get married on the beach. The Flanders provided us with exactly what we were looking for and more!

We were blown away by the overall experience we had. The Flanders was exactly what we were looking for in terms of food, atmosphere, scenery and overall experience. Karen and the rest of the Flanders staff were nothing but helpful leading up to our wedding and during the course of our wedding weekend. Karen and her staff were extremely professional and provided quality customer service. We received wonderful feedback from family and friends on how amazing each part of our wedding was.

We had our rehearsal dinner in the beautiful Garden Room and wedding in the gorgeous Crystal and Candlelight Ballrooms. The food was excellent on both nights and our guests gave us nothing but rave reviews on the quality of food. We are so happy we chose the Flanders for our wedding venue! It is the perfect venue for an OCNJ wedding!

Sent on 10/16/2018
    The Flanders Hotel 11

Helen · Married on 09/14/2018

THe Flanders was just amazing! We seriously had the best wedding ever. The staff was spectacular. Food amazing!

Sent on 10/08/2018
    The Flanders Hotel 12

Junghee Monica · Married on 08/11/2018

The Flanders Hotel and Karen, wedding planning director hold a very special place in my heart. My best friend Shannon got married here 5 years ago, and I fell in love with this place. I got engaged and the first and only place I thought of was this venue. My fiance loved it right away as well! So we got married here this past August. Karen worked patiently with me as I was the most relaxed bride ever! Unfortunately it rained on our wedding day, but Karen made sure the plan B was even BETTER. Our guests absolutely LOVED catered food and their entree, staffs were so friendly. My best friend who got married here first was of course, my MOH. We thank all staffs and Karen for such a beautiful, memorable night.

Sent on 10/11/2018
    The Flanders Hotel 13
    The Flanders Hotel 14
    The Flanders Hotel 15
    The Flanders Hotel 16
    The Flanders Hotel 17

Barbara · Married on 08/04/2018

If you are searching for a wedding venue, you no longer need to look. We had our wedding here in August 2018 and it was spectacular. Karen and Jenn are absolutely top notch professionals. They handled all of our questions and requests with ease and knowledge. Trusting somebody with the details of your wedding can be stressful, but Karen and Jenn make everything happen flawlessly. Leading up to the wedding, they were on top of everything each step of the way. The weekend/day of was smooth as can be. The food was absolutely delicious and everybody was raving about the amount of options and the freshness of the food. We've been to many, many weddings in a variety of settings and I am proud to say that we had our wedding at the Flanders. It is the most organized, well-run, delicious, friendly, put together venue we have been to. The staff are absolutely wonderful as well - we heard many compliments from our guests on how they were treated. One of our guests was pooped on by a seagull walking into the wedding and they took his shirt and laundered it! Talk about service. I cannot recommend this place enough!!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Susan · Married on 06/10/2018

Absolutely amazing venue!! We had the perfect wedding, thanks to the staff at the Flanders Hotel. Our guests are still raving about it 3 months later. I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Danielle · Married on 04/21/2018

We recently got married at The Flanders Hotel and it was the most perfect day ever, thanks to Karen and her wonderful staff. I cannot say enough good things about this place and its people. From the front desk, to the chef, to the amazing wedding coordinators, Karen and Jenn, this is a TOP NOTCH place with TOP NOTCH people.

Karen and Jenn were an absolute dream to work with from start to finish. They were always responsive, helped with my many questions, eased my concerns, and took care of everything the day of our wedding. I’m an avid planner, and a control freak, so I feared I wouldn’t be able to calm down and enjoy my day, but Karen and Jenn completely took over and I was at such an ease on my wedding day - I had nothing to worry about it, thanks to them!

This venue has everything you could want for your wedding -- they provide amazing food, amazing decor and a great group of people to work with. They have so many great rooms to choose from that we also held our ceremony here - it was just too beautiful not to! This is a great spot on the boardwalk for a beach wedding, but it also served as a wonderful backdrop to our vintage, romantic, fairy tale inspired day. My husband and I can’t stop talking about how wonderful our day was and it’s all thanks to The Flanders. Thank you for everything, we are so grateful!

Sent on 05/23/2018
    The Flanders Hotel 25
    The Flanders Hotel 26
    The Flanders Hotel 27

rachel · Married on 11/11/2017

Karen and Jen along with the whole Flander's staff were beyond amazing!! They were responsive with emails and questions I had, flexible with the ideas, and very friendly! I couldn't have asked for a team to work with. I always dreamed of having my wedding at the Flander's since I was a little girl. I went to an American Girl Doll show there as a child and saw a bride taking pictures on the promenade and I always remembered that moment. Thank you Karen, Jen and the whole Flander's staff for making our wedding amazing!!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Adrienne · Married on 02/18/2017

The Flanders was an absolutely amazing wedding venue for my husband and I. From the moment we set foot in there to take our first look I knew it was for us! The hotel is just gorgeous and if you like chandeliers as much as I do this is perfect for you too. From start to finish Karen and The Flanders staff were very welcoming, accommodating, and very helpful. Karen made sure everything was taken care of and perfect for us. Our tasting was terrific and we were always welcome to stop in to check things out beforehand. We had our rehearsal dinner in the garden room and it was terrific. Great food, very clean, and superb wait staff. Thank you to Karen and everyone at The Flanders making our day so magically perfect!

Sent on 03/21/2017

Dave · Married on 12/31/2016

We cant say enough good things about karen and her staff, we got married new years eve, and we gmhad the most amazing wedding. From the time we met karen we knew this was the place. She was so excited and invested in our wedding, from beginning to end she was amazing. Literally everything she suggested to us she was right about. We cant say enough good things about her and the flanders staff, if youre looking for a wedding venue, this is the place. Its so elegant, and the staff was so amazing, that we cant thank them enough. If i could give them a extra star i would. Thank you so much karen, and the ppl who made that amazing night possible

Sent on 01/09/2017

Meg · Married on 11/05/2016

We had an amazing time at the Flanders. Everything was beautiful and Karen was easy to work with during the planning. Our guests couldn't stop raving over the food during the cocktail hour. We had so much fun, I wish we could do it all over again! Robert, my husband, especially loved how close we were to the beach and the fudge shop.

Sent on 01/22/2017

Jessica · Married on 05/20/2016

My husband and I had our wedding at Flanders on June 3rd and everything was absolutely amazing! Karen and Jennifer were wonderful! Any questions or concerns we had, they took care of. They made everything run very smoothly. Both ladies were kind and professional. The food was delicious as well. Our guests are still talking about what an amazing place Flanders Hotel is. Our wedding was everything we dreamed and more!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Caitlin · Married on 04/23/2016

Karen and her team were amazing. The venue is perfect and they put their final touches on it to make it even better. My husband and I thought it was the best wedding ever and better than our imaginations. So many people are still talking about how it was the best wedding they've ever been to. If you want a beach wedding or a beach themed wedding, or just want the wedding of your dreams, this is the place to do it. You will get more than expected and more than what you pay for! It was perfect in every way. Thank you Karen and everyone at The Flanders!!!

Sent on 05/06/2016

Ben · Married on 01/02/2016

Long over due. We got married on Jan 2nd of 2016 and it was the best wedding we could have imagined. The venue was beautiful, and all our guest left beyond happy. Food was impeccable, and service/staff throughout the affair was amazing. Karen Bergman was incredible from the beginning of the planning process to the end, even dealing with some of our unorthodox requests.

Professionally, I am a musician who plays at 40-50 weddings a year and can't compliment the Flanders enough. Our wedding at the Flanders was beyond our expectations and we are still thrilled with how our big day turned out!

Sent on 12/04/2016

The Flanders was the most amazing place to have our wedding. They were so helpful in every way and any request we had they accommodated us! They were so thoughtful and the whole wedding team was on point. I would recommend anyone looking for a beautiful venue right near the beach to use them!

Sent on 11/29/2015

Jennifer · Married on 11/01/2015

My new husband and could not be more impressed with our experience with The Flanders and The Flanders staff. The level of service and attention to detail exceeded our expectations. The beach ceremony was gorgeous and the reception was perfect. Karen Bergman and the staff went above and beyond. Our guests raved that it was the best wedding they've ever been to. The food, service and accommodations were impeccable. My vision as a bride was executed beyond my expectations. I was relaxed throughout the day as there was absolutely nothing for me to worry about. I could drink in and enjoy every moment of our special day. There is nothing I would have wanted to change. A gorgeous venue and a superb staff.

Sent on 11/08/2015

Katie · Married on 10/10/2015

As we finally have time to sit and reflect about our recent wedding ceremony and reception at The Flander's Hotel, we only have wonderful things to say. We wanted to get married on the beach and we also wanted our friends and family to be a part of our big day, so when we found The Flander's in Ocean City we quickly realized that our dream beach wedding didn't not have to be held at a distant destination. We live 2 hours away from Ocean City, which some may think could make planning challenging, but Karen Bergman and Gabrielle Davis were responsive and easy to get a hold of remotely. Everything was planned to a "T" and we didn't have to be local to plan our perfect day. We had a lot of special requests for our wedding including changing the ceremony chair configuration, extending our cocktail hour, changing the set up of the Candlelight Ballroom and making the "Boardroom" a bar and lounge area - Karen and Gabrielle were excited and eager to give us what we wanted. Our guests are STILL talking about the wedding, and they all looked amazing in our black tie optional affair. One hundred of our one hundred and forty guests stayed at the hotel and were pleased with the accomodations. The ballroom was absolutely stunning, the dance floor was packed the entire time, and the bartenders did a fantastic job of keeping everyone ready to dance. The service and the food were also perfect. Our guests keep telling us that they can't believe the food was so delicious. Our parents are getting letters from their friends about the wonderful occasion. I could write this review for hours, just know that if you are a bride/bride, groom/groom or bride/groom couple trying to plan your wedding and you want a flawless celebration, you cannot go wrong with The Flanders Hotel.

Thank you again Karen and Gabrielle, and the entire staff at the Flanders Hotel, you should be proud of the service that you provided to us on our special day.

Jennifer and Katie Van Ziegler

Sent on 10/26/2015

Shelby · Married on 10/10/2015

Karen, Gabrielle and all of the staff at the Flanders were great from the start! I couldn't have had a better experience planning my wedding and the day couldn't have been any better! The Flanders was flexible and understanding and answered all of my questions. I can't say enough about how great they are!

Sent on 12/30/2015

The Flanders Hotel gave our daughter and her fiance a beautiful rehearsal dinner, day after breakfast, and most importantly, the wedding ceremony and reception. While the Nor'easter and Hurricane Juaquin threw a major damper on the planned beach ceremony, they did not ruin a thing in the end. In fact, we all felt that the inside ceremony turned out to be the most perfect ceremony that we could have ever imagined.

Now, to the food. To be short and sweet, the food was "sheer perfection". The guests could not stop raving about the rehearsal dinner food. Then, there was the food at the cocktail hour. Everyone said the raw bar, sushi and butlered hors d'oeuvres were phenominal. Finally, the reception. We heard from many guests that their filets came out the exact way they requested. They were stunned by this fact. And, it just melted in their mouths. In addition, the Sea Bass was tender and delectible.

We could not have done this without the experienced assistance and guidance of Karen B. (Director of Catering) and Gabrielle D. (Catering Assistant). Their contstant attention to our needs and concerns was amazing; and their assistance went beyond what we expected. They were confident and reassuring during this very stressful time (due to the Nor'Easter and Hurricane Juaqin).

With all of the many wedding venues available in the Southern New Jersey Shore area, The Flanders is by far the most unique and the most welcoming. It is stepping back in time to the granduer of the early 1900's. Every banquet room is prettier than the next. In addition, the suite guest rooms were lovely. Each one is unique and provides a "home away from home" feel.

Thank you to everyone at The Flanders for making this wedding weekend a beautiful memory.

Sent on 10/10/2015

Elise · Married on 10/03/2015

We cannot speak highly enough about The Flanders venue and wedding crew (Karen, Gabrielle, Glenn)! We fell in love with The Flander's historic, yet beachy, feel and knew immediately that we had to get married there! With storms threatening our wedding weekend, and our beach ceremony washed away, Karen and her staff made sure we still had a beautiful event. It could not have been more perfect! The food was amazing, the decor was gorgeous and the service was excellent. If only we could have a Flanders wedding every year!!!!!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Krystina · Married on 09/19/2015

We booked The Flanders without even seeing it in person! My (now) husband and I live in Boston, but wanted an Ocean City wedding on the beach. Karen and Gabby were extremely helpful in accommodating any and all of our needs throughout the planning process and were on point the day of. The food was amazing, the venue was beautiful, and the coordination of the everything couldn't be beat.

Sent on 12/27/2015

Stephanie · Married on 09/18/2015

The Flanders is an amazing vendor with a great location, beautiful ballrooms, and delicious food! Karen Bergmen and her staff were fantastic in providing the most perfect wedding we could ask for!

Sent on 11/04/2015