The Flame Catering and Banquet Center Reviews

23 Reviews for The Flame Catering and Banquet Center

• Jody

Jody Angelini · Married on 05/04/2019

Chef Smoke is the bomb

The food was so yummy! The service staff was top notch! Chef Smoke our done himself! Everyone raved about the food and nobody went away hungry! The night snack was a hit as well. Highly recommend the Flame! Thank you for making my daughters and son-in-law-laws wedding special!

Sent on 05/07/2019
  • Jestine

Jestine · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing food and even better service!!

The Flame Catering is AMAZING! The owner, Chef Smoke is so nice and he makes the most delicious food! The short ribs melt in your mouth. We had so many people compliment us on the food. Even better though than the food is the service. The catering team was so kind and so on top of everything. My husband and I didn't get a chance to eat too much but they were so nice to pack up food and store it in the fridge for us to eat after the wedding. They also made a point to check on us to see if we ever needed anything. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Tiffany S · Married on 04/05/2019

So Impressed by the Flame

I cannot speak anymore highly of the Flame, they were absolutely amazing through our entire wedding process and wedding night. I worked with Sarah P. who was so helpful and accommodating with the amount of changes we had. The food was a huge hit too ( the short rib and broccoli cheddar casserole was out of this world. )
    Our wedding night we were checked in with multiple times by staff members to make sure we had all the food and drinks we needed to make sure we were happy and taken care, this was such a nice gesture that I wont forget. Thank you so much for being a part of our amazing night!!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Sarah · Married on 06/02/2018

The Flame is awesome! We were so pleased with the food at our wedding. We had salmon and beef tenderloin in a buffet style, and everyone was raving to us about how amazing the food was. Throughout the entire dinner, my husband and I were treated like royalty by the caterers. I can’t say enough positive things about them. Usually choosing the catering for an event is tough; however, our venue had them listed as a recommended vendor, and with all of their positive reviews it made choosing them to cater our wedding a very easy decision. We are so pleased we chose them! We highly recommend them to all!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Nick · Married on 03/31/2018

Maybe it was just because it was our wedding, but I have never once noticed wedding food at any of the weddings I have been to, but this was the best food I have ever had. All night we were getting people coming up to us complimenting the food and many of the guests were sweet talking us and the staff on how to get To Go plates of the Mac and Cheese.
    They were all extremely friendly and made sure the bride and groom and the rest of the wedding party were taken care of with appetizers while we were taking pictures.
    The Flame provided us plated meals for the rehearsal dinner as well as Buffett style for the reception after the wedding.
    Choosing the food was great and a fun experience and there was nothing we didn’t like. They even had kids meals and vegetarian meals prepared for a few guests as well.
    I would highly recommend the Flame for any wedding or food in general.

Sent on 04/13/2018

Mardy · Married on 03/03/2018

We just had the Flame (New Bern, NC) cater our wedding reception. They were fantastic! The food was wonderful, especially the shrimp bisque. The staff was even better. They were all so helpful and friendly. They took care of everything. My venue (Washington, NC Estuarium) was new to them and they went to the venue a week early to make sure everything was in order. I had so many complements on the food and service. I highly recommend them for any catering, especially wedding receptions! You won’t find better food or service anywhere.

Sent on 03/05/2018
  • F

Fonda · Married on 10/14/2017

The Flame was amazing to work with! They handled the rehearsal dinner and reception. The food was amazing for both and they were so easy and accommodating to work with! I highly recommend them for any catering needs!!

Sent on 01/13/2018

Danielle · Married on 10/07/2017

I could not be happier with the service and food we received from The Flame! I am a vegetarian and they created an entire menu for us without meat! They brought us the appetizers over to where we were taking pictures so we could snack as well! One employee in particular, Toni, went above and beyond always checking on us and taking care of us. She was a bright and shining face that made the night even better. To top it off, they boxed us each up a dinner for us to eat after the reception, since we were so busy running around seeing everyone! Highly highly recommend the Flame.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Allie · Married on 09/16/2017

We loved working with the Flame for our wedding. Besides the food being DELICIOUS, the team was so responsive and really took care of us, especially the bride and groom to make sure we actually ate during our wedding. Everyone loved the food, especially the Mahi! They also were very flexible and let me make changes to the menu to cater to our guests, and add vegan meals for those guests. Definitely choose the Flame for your wedding!!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Julie · Married on 05/28/2017

The Flame catered our Emerald Isle wedding reception. From the initial inquiry, to preparing a menu for guests, and working the reception, we were both highly pleased with their services. They were pleasant and offered friendly communication throughout the whole planning process. The guests loved the food at our ceremony. The service at the ceremony was outstanding. We highly recommend them.

Sent on 05/31/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 04/29/2017

The Flame was recommended to us by our wedding venue, and right away I was impressed by the diversity of their food offerings and flexible price range. They were very responsive to phone calls and emails, and set up an incredibly elaborate tasting for us to decide on our dishes. We had a buffet with three meats and several side dishes, all of which were delicious. They were very reasonably priced, and provided excellent service day-of; they even gave us individual attention by offering to bring our plates of food so we could socialize with guests. To top it off, they provided to-go boxes for us to take with us since we only had about 10 minutes to eat. If you want an all-inclusive, professional catering service for your wedding, definitely book The Flame!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Mikayla · Married on 07/16/2016

The did an amazing job catering my wedding. The food was perfect and the staff was extremely professional while at the same time being fun and relatable! They were extremely easy to work with and I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/29/2016
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 10/17/2015

We are so happy with The Flame. They helped us create a menu that fit with our wedding theme and what we wanted. The food was absolutely amazing! The chef even made my Husband and I our plates and brought them to us at the front table (we chose to do a buffet style dinner) and also made our picnic dinner to go with us after the reception. They were all so great to work with, very pleasant and felt like they were part of the family. Couldn't ask for a better caterer!

Sent on 11/19/2015

We're so happy we chose The Flame for our catering! The food was absolutely delicious! Everything was cooked perfectly and our guests loved the food!

Sent on 10/15/2015

Tyffani · Married on 08/29/2015

The Flame catering was truly a professional catering service. When I contacted the Flame I spoke with Linda (who is fabulous). She set up a meeting and tasting. My parents, now husband drove down and we arrived we actually had the head chef (Chef Smoke) that was about to cook for us! It was some of the best food I had ever ate...truly. We got married in Havelock, NC and The Flame packed up everything and cooked on site! We had a guest list for 150 and had plenty of food. The Flame was very professional and catered to our guest. They checked on my husband and I numerous times and even made us "to go" plates that were much needed for later in the evening considering we didn't eat much during our reception. My guests are still telling us how amazing and delicious our food was! Thank you Miss Linda and the Flame for making our wedding day perfect.

Sent on 10/01/2015

Muryel · Married on 05/16/2015

I cannot say enough great things about the Flame. I have considered the Flame my "home" for many years. Not only was it my favorite restaurant growing up as a little girl, but it was always my favorite place to come for Sunday brunch. When it came time to plan our wedding, there was no question in my mind as to who was going to be fixing our food and boy did they outdo themselves!

The waitstaff was incredibly polite, attentive and professionally dressed. Our passed hors d'oeuvres were out of this world and made with the best fresh seafood in New Bern, NC. Our dinner was absolutely incredible and Smoke even came onsite to carve our incredible prime rib and entertain our guests with his southern charm. Of all the decisions we made for our wedding, the caterer was one of the best decisions. We have been to so many weddings throughout our relationship and time after time the food is always sub-par at best, but not ours! In fact, I truly think that the food was the one thing our guests complimented most.

Love Chef Smoke and the Flame! I would give them 10 stars if I could.

Sent on 01/12/2016

The Flame Catering and Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you Muryel! As you already know, we LOVED being a part of your beautiful ceremony and reception! Congratulations to you and Sean again. We're glad to see you guys so happy. :) Stop by and see us when you're back in town!

I loved working with the catering staff they were always attentive and there for our every need. The food tasting process was amazing. We were wanting a sit down dinner at a venue that did not have a kitchen facility. This concerned us some due to the temperature of the food when it would be served to the guests. I was assured this would not be a problem but I had my doubts that it could be pulled off. I can say for the most part the food was not served "hot" it was probably just slightly warm. I would have liked it to be hot right out of the kitchen but I had to take in consideration that it was slightly windy and not a "hot" day. I am sure this factored into serving everything hot. Despite all of that the food was delicious just as it had been at the tasting and our guests ate every bite. I was disappointed at a slight "communication" problem we had with a appetizer being passed. It caused an embarrassment as an appetizer was passed that was not discussed with me when they obviously did not have the one I had ordered. I was very upset that it was presented to my guests as it was a cheap "fix" for what I had actually ordered. This was not handled well at all and I wondered what my guests thought, believe me they told me. I voiced my concerns during and after the wedding and I was quickly reimbursed for the inconvenience. Despite the mishap I would definitely recommend them for any occasion. I know they do awesome work as they have catered many events I have attended before and were outstanding. Their attentiveness to perfection is unmatched.

Sent on 06/07/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 05/03/2014

Oh man! The Flame was ridiculously good! Sadly, I didn't get to try the amazing meatballs that everyone was raving about! :( But man, what is the old saying, "He put his foot in it!" Chef Smoke is the man! Those beef tips seriously melted in your mouth! Fried Chicken was cooked to perfection. I could go on and on but Chef Smoke is another one that is worth EVERY PENNY!

Sent on 06/19/2014

Marcy · Married on 01/04/2014

I couldn't have asked for a better caterer for my daughters wedding. The staff was very professional and efficient. They took care of everything I didn't feel the need to check on them during the reception.

Sent on 09/11/2015

We had a sit down dinner for about 175 guests, The food was out of this world. We started with a soup bar with shrimp bisque, butternut squash and tomato basil down by the waterfront. The dinner was simply superb! The guests are still talking that this was the best food they ever had (not just at weddings but period!) We had an ice luge and a Venetian Hour with Italian desserts that were out of this world (complete with Flaming Bananas Foster!) They were so easy to work with and made wonderful suggestions. They had full wait staff and bartenders and we just sat back and enjoyed the evening...he had is under complete control!

Sent on 12/10/2013

Lauren · Married on 10/11/2014

Myra was awesome ! She let me know all my options sent me over proposals and adjusted everything right away! Answered all emails promptly and was soo nice !

Sent on 10/25/2014

Lauren · Married on 09/23/2017

Chef Smoke and his team knocked it out of the park for our wedding. I knew I was going to be a little bit more of a difficult client as I'm vegan and requested 1 entree and 1 passed appetizer to be vegan at my wedding, and I was initially told that they didn't have vegan entrees on the menu, but that they would be delighted to try some. Turns out some of the sides ended up being vegan as well, which I was very happy about! Anyways, after our first tasting, the chef who does the vegetarian dishes tried her hand at some vegan dishes, and we swapped notes. We had a 2nd tasting just for the vegan entree and appetizers to make sure they were on point. This chef went above and beyond what I had requested. The portobello wellington entree ran out it was so popular. So many guests tried it and LOVED it! They had no idea it was vegan, and a few even went up for seconds only to find it was already gone. Now, we also had Chef Smoke's specialty prime rib and a great red snapper with creative side dishes along with fantastic appetizers (sweet potato ham biscuits were a hit!). I think what sets them apart from other caterers is that The Flame has a truck with a full kitchen that they can cook from. No precooking and transporting (aka dry food). Everything was melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Just book them already!! We couldn't be more happier with how everything turned out!

Sent on 11/27/2017