The Fairmont Hotel Dallas Reviews

19 | Dallas, TX

19 Reviews for The Fairmont Hotel Dallas

Amber · Married on 05/06/2017

We used the Fairmont Hotel for our Wedding Welcome Party and to accommodate our out of town wedding guests. The location is very convenient and close to both Uptown and Downtown attractions. We hosted an open bar cocktail party with passed appetizers the night before our wedding. The appetizers were amazing and the guests loved them. The overall cost was very affordable both for my husband and I as hosts and the room rate was very affordable for our guests. The staff was very helpful and a please to work with in every aspect!

Sent on 05/20/2017

Vanessa · Married on 05/06/2017

The Fairmont and its entire staff were involved in making my event, THE WELCOME PARTY, A TASTE OF THE BAHAMAS the talk of the town. From the event coordinator to the manager of the restaurant to the bellman who helped with bringing the favors to the room, to the staff who cleaned up at 2 am to ensure they did not disturb our function, we could not have asked for a better venue!!! Will recommend it to brides. The food was fantastic and timely too!!

Sent on 05/26/2017

Brittany · Married on 06/16/2014

Very accommodating! They catering staff made sure I had everything I needed for a perfect wedding reception! Worth every penny!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Hannica · Married on 04/19/2014

I'm so happy we chose the Fairmont to host our wedding. The staff was very professional and made everything so easy for us. Katy was a joy to work with and very hands on, which I loved.

Sent on 05/01/2014
  • O

Olivia · Married on 03/29/2014

The Fairmont Dallas staff was outstanding from the planning to the actual day.

Sent on 05/01/2014

Mary P. · event on: 10/30/2013

The entire team was very helpful and responsive to our needs.

Sent on 04/09/2014

Jamie · Married on 10/19/2013

The Fairmont was a wonderful venue for our daughter's wedding ceremony and Sunday Brunch. Katy and her staff were very professional and extremely accommodating from the day we booked the venue.

Sent on 04/23/2014

Artie · event on: 10/05/2013

Dallas Children's Theater has partnered with The Fairmont Dallas for 22 years to produce its major fundraising event. The Fairmont team led by Katy Boykin deliver a first class event from guest arrival to venue elegance to expert & innovative catering.

Sent on 04/15/2014

Brennan · Married on 06/11/2011

My in-laws hosted a day-after wedding brunch for us at the Pyramid. The staff at the restaurant helped my mother-in-law draw up a special menu for us which featured their burger, eggs Benedict, and a chicken caesar salad as well as a lemon panna cotta as dessert.

I had the eggs Benedict with cured ham (there was also a salmon option), and I must say that this was an amazing dish. The Hollandaise sauce was absolutely delicious and my poached eggs were cooked to perfection. The ham was very thinly sliced and set atop a still toasty (not soggy! Very important!) English muffin. A baked Roma tomato and some spicy roasted new potatoes complemented the meal wonderfully. I had to spend time moving from table to table to visit with our wedding guests, but I periodically made a dash back to our table to gobble up a few more bites. I finished the entire thing and still wanted more! Several people reported that they had only one well poached egg while the other was over cooked. I've had this same experience at other places. Why is it so difficult for restaurants to poach eggs consistently? I need to talk with a chef about this.

The dessert was a work of art all on its own. The panna cotta was rich and creamy with a strawberry reduction poured over it. Sprinkled atop the reduction were little gummy-bear looking gels which turned out to be vinegar gelatin. The vinegar added just the right amount of acidity to round out the dessert. I was just really impressed with how smart the idea of the dish was. Very impressive. And highly recommended!

Sent on 07/05/2011
  • Q

Quint · event on: 12/22/2013

Overall the venue was great! The spaces were great and arranged to our request. The staff was very cordial as well. The only complaint I would have is that since we did alcohol pricing by the hour I felt the service was a little slow. We will need more bars in the future!

Sent on 04/15/2014

Cathy · event on: 09/26/2013

The service and food we receive at the Fairmont is always excellent and professional. The wait staff maneuvers through the ballroom quickly, quietly and with great precision. The chef is always willing and able to provide a wonderful meal based on our budget and the catering staff bend over backwards to meet our needs and timeline.

Sent on 04/09/2014

Jamie · Married on 05/21/2011

My wedding reception was at the Fairmont. It is a beautiful venue, but not inexpensive. The food was great at the sit down dinner. Service from the wait staff was great. The day of coordinator that is provided by the hotel was good and quick to answer many phone calls and e-mails. Be aware she does not stay for the entire event. If you want someone to handle all the details throughout the evening you will probably need an additional day of coordinator.

Also note, there is an extra charge for every item you use, for example a power strip if you need to plug something in. This being said, it is nice to have everything you might need available at the venue, just be prepared to pay for it.

I would not hesitate for a minute to recommend The Faimont as a location to host a high end reception.

Sent on 05/28/2011
  • dpwood

Donna · Married on 08/04/2007

3.0

Our reception was beautiful! The catering manager was sometimes hard to get in touch with, but he always delivered! Our guests raved about the food- which was amazing! They also helped us acquire a cocktail hour pianist, and their table settings were lovely. They even used the napkin fold I requested. They were also good about offering room discounts to our group, and providing transportation to and from the ceremony location (First Baptist Church, a few blocks down from the Fairmont). When our guest list grew past the capacity for the room we reserved, there was no problem finding another room to host the reception in- all of their ballrooms are beautiful and they have several of them! And the views of downtown Dallas at night through those windows were amazing! The Fairmont also helped us put together a farewell brunch for the morning after- and again, the food was amazing!

Sent on 03/28/2008

Betsy · Married on 11/20/2010

3.5

The Fairmont is a beautiful place to have your wedding. My November wedding and reception took place all at the Fairmont. I've read some of the other reviews and have to say that it is very important to thoroughly read your contract and make sure you completely understand what you are agreeing to before signing.

With that said...

I worked with Victoria throughout the wedding process and was very happy with her. She responded to my incessant emails very quickly and fully. And two weeks prior to my wedding a pipe burst and ruined our originally scheduled ceremony room. Victoria personally spoke with me on this matter and was quite flexible in securing a different but adequate room.

My only negative is to say that I wish someone had been around during the reception to make sure that some of the small details went more smoothly - dimming the lights in the reception during the opening of dancing, having chairs for us set up during the toast, etc. However, I believe that if you specifically request these types of things, the hotel will accommodate your needs.

Sent on 12/13/2010

Jennifer · Married on 10/25/2008

3.0

Overall I was satisfied with the service and amenities of our "host hotel" for our wedding - located next door to our wedding ceremony and reception site. They were very helpful with pricing and even extended our reservation cut-off deadline (and they offer personalized and easy website reservations for guests).

However, there were several issues:
    Multiple follow-ups were sometimes necessary. Our wedding gift presentation was left in the wrong suite - no chocolate strawberries or champagne till the next morning when they were no longer good! We ordered mini-fridges, which were supposed to be in addition to the in-room mini-bars, but they took the mini-bars out, so when the drinks we ordered didn't arrive, we had nothing at all to drink! They also would not let my party tray up without having one of my bridesmaids traipse all the way down to the front desk to get it. AND my fiance and I were not in the same tower as any of our guests - that makes for some difficult transportation of items to get ready for and pack up from a wedding (why would you do that with a dozen rooms worth of guests)!

Sent on 11/11/2008
  • Lexie

Lexie F. · Married on 10/01/2016

3.0

A few hiccups but an overall good experience

The first wedding coordinator we worked with quit mid planning, so we had to start over with the Fairmont's new wedding planner. There were some discrepancies in what we were originally told about pricing, setup, etc. In the end, the space was beautiful and the staff did a good job pulling everything together.

Sent on 01/02/2020

Lexie · Married on 09/09/2015

3.0

We had a fantastic time at our wedding. The Fairmont went through major changes during our wedding planning process, which made for a difficult and often confusing road leading up to the big day. However, I feel like they are on the right track, and everyone in our wedding party had a fantastic time. The food and service on our wedding day were excellent, and the hotel staff was helpful and kind.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Elena · Married on 05/29/2016

3.2
      1.0

We booked the Fairmont for 3 primary reasons - 1) it was where we met, so there was incredible sentimental value. 2) We had a large out-of-town contingent and we were looking for a venue that would serve multiple purposes beyond the reception: a gathering space for guests, an out of towners brunch, in walking distance to the rehearsal dinner and more. 3) We were planning our wedding from out of town, so an all-inclusive approach worked well for us. The guest rooms were lovely, the size of the hotel worked really well (many available spaces to utilize, great pool deck, etc.) The Pyramid Room was perfect for brunch and a breeze to coordinate with. The wedding package included comped suites for our parents and for us the night of the wedding. It was mostly positive but coordinating with the hotel was a pain.

In the 15 months between booking the venue and our wedding, the primary contact changed 2-3 times, and the woman we finally ended up with was impossible to reach. We were changing the seating chart as late as 48 hours before the wedding because the hotel gave us conflicting information about how many types of each table our room could accommodate. They continued to contact me directly even after repeated requests for them to coordinate with our wedding planner. And finally, after continuously insisting that there were no other events that weekend, the valet was completely unprepared when there was another large group staying there and our guests (and us!) got stuck waiting 15 minutes to get into the motor court. Pros - the food, the different rooms we used (Venetian; Pyramid Room for brunch; Terrace); ease of coordinating reservations for our guests and quality of the guest rooms; walking distance to Klyde Warren and downtown area, including Meso Maya, our rehearsal venue. Cons - lack of communication, valet chaos. Overall, when we did interact with hotel staff they were very accommodating and professional, but it was hard to actually reach them.

Sent on 08/27/2016

The Fairmont Hotel Dallas's reply:

Elena,
    Thank you so much for your thorough feedback! I apologize for the breakdown in communication with your Catering Manager at the hotel. I am the new Social Catering Manager and I am here to stay for a while, so I hope that for future clients the turnover and communications problem will not be an issue! Please let us know if there are any future events such as anniversary celebrations or anything else that we can help you with! I hope your first three months of marriage have been stellar, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit us here at the Fairmont Dallas!

Stephanie · Married on 08/02/2008

1.6
      2.5
      2.0
      2.5
      0.5
      1.0

Before I launch into this, let me just say that the food was outstanding, and Ann in catering is fabulous. My out of town guests also stayed at the hotel and the rooms are newly renovated and very nice. The staff is wonderful and helpful. Unfortunately, the people we dealt with most of the time were rude and very inflexible. My wedding was 3 months ago and we still can't agree on the price of the final payment. The management at the Fairmont is incompetent. When we first contracted with the hotel, we worked with very nice, accommodating people. Well, they all left and by the end we were working with entirely different people than when we started. I hear there have already been some changes again. I understand that hotels want to make a profit, but the management at the Fairmont cares only about the bottom line. I really feel like they skipped the training session on customer service. If you are having a small wedding and don't make any requests at all and go along with all the extra charges that you weren't aware of when you signed the contract, then the Fairmont is a great place to have your reception.

Sent on 11/08/2008