Griffin & Griffin Reviews

Griffin & Griffin View more information

4.8 out of 5 rating

Andrew C. Married on 08/06/2022

10/10 would recommend!

Amazing vendor for our wedding! Very easy to work with. They did an amazing job transforming our tent into a beautiful space. The disco balls were a hit on the dance floor and made for such a fun experience for our guests. 10/10 would recommend. Thank you so much for everything!
  • Amanda
    Amanda W. Married on 06/05/2021

Beautiful Lighting

Griffin and Griffin truly helped make our vision for our wedding day come to life! They created gorgeous lighting for us inside our tent, and also perfectly lit our dessert display that was in a barn next to the tent. They were also very flexible as we went back and forth with what we wanted and where we wanted it, as COVID kept us on our toes. The final creation was gorgeous and even more beautiful than I could have imagined. Seemingly such a simple task, make sure the tent is illuminated, when done with style has such an impact on the ambiance of the event. Highly recommend Griffin and Griffin.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Julie
    Julie K. Married on 06/05/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful and transformed our venue

We absolutely loved working with this vendor. They were so flexible during COVID and did the most beautiful job. It totally transformed our tent and just felt so magical. Highly highly recommend.
    Nathan C. Married on 06/27/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The perfect simple and industrial aesthetic!

We cannot say enough good things about Josie, John, and the entire team at Griffin & Griffin! We were recommended to G&G by our venue, and their expertise and creativity was evident from the first call. They took the time to get to know me (the bride), our needs, likes/dislikes, and ideas. We pulled photographs, and as I described elements of our "decor hopes" I was directed (right on the spot) to specific images on their social media platforms and website that helped us visualize their work in our space. They compiled several different quotes at different price points, and worked with us until we were able to match exactly what we were hoping for. As a couple impacted by Covid, their flexibility and special attention helped us feel very secure. Their day of service could not have been any smoother and we would highly recommend them - the aesthetic they helped create truly was perfect. Thank you so much for helping make our wedding day stunning!
  • Sam
    Sam Married on 10/12/2019

Seamless design and installation

Griffin and Griffin worked seamlessly with our wedding planner to create multiple beautiful lighting fixtures for our wedding reception. They transformed the entire space to match our vision, and were professional and so easy to work with.
  • Amanda
    Amanda F. Married on 06/22/2019

Magic Makers

The Griffin Griffin lighting team are magic makers. They can transform any space into an absolute dream. When hiring a lighting vendor for our day, there was simply no other option. Because nobody does an instillation like Josie & John. I feel so grateful to know these wonderful humans, but also to get to work with them on so many weddings - including our own.

You made our wedding dream vision come true. From hanging driftwood, rattan pendants, and sisal rope with Edison bulbs - your talent and eye for design brought me to tears up entering our tent.

We are so grateful for all your time and talents. We couldn’t imagine our day without you guys.
    Cristina Married on 08/12/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Beyond happy with our experience with the Event Light Pros. Our twinkle lights were MAGICAL and beyond everything I had hoped for! They came early to set up, and took them down, we didn't have to worry about a thing. I'm a HUGE fan of lighting and knew I wanted my wedding to reflect that, I am so happy with the ambience and my guests loved it! Highly highly recommend to spruce up your venue!

Griffin & Griffin's reply:

Thank you Cristina for the review. We loved working with you on your wedding day!
    Becky Married on 07/30/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We are so happy that we worked with the Event Light Pros. We got married in a barn and they made it look truly magical while still keeping the rustic feeling of the environment. The lights were so beautiful and so many people commented on how unique and incredible the lighting turned out. They even strung lights leading out from the barn to the bathroom area and the food truck area. It all looked stunning!
  • User2449918 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I was so pleased with the Event Light Pros work at my recent September 2015 wedding! I didn't need much more than "string lights alllllll over the place" but they delivered in style, on time, and within budget. My tents and dance venue were well lit, sparkly and lovely thanks to Event Light Pros attention to detail, and I couldn't have asked for more! Highly recommend
  • User2347380 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The Event Light Pros are fantastic. They transformed a rather drab and dark room into an enchanted and festive space for our reception. It was so beautiful and made all the difference. They were a pleasure to work with and even did a site visit a few months early to make sure there were no surprises on the big day (and it was a long drive!). I can't recommend them highly enough!
  • User2033046 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    John and Josie did an amazing job lighting our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception at the Portland Company. The sun set an hour before our ceremony and our venue (an old factory) had only fluorescent overhead lighting so their services were critical! The end result was magical- elegant lighting of our ceremony space (including a vintage chandelier), bistro lighting of the dinner space, simple down lighting to highlight the beautiful brick walls, and (my favorite) a funky light curtain as an anchor of the dance floor. The lighting was spectacular.
    Liz Married on 06/21/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I would recommend Event Light Pros to anyone looking for someone who really cares about finding the right lighting design for a space. They made my wedding reception exactly what I had imagined no matter what challenges they faced to do so. They priced fairly and really worked hard. I am very thankful I found them!
    Katelyn Married on 05/31/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    John & Josie did a beautiful job! Our venue was gorgeous, but had lousy lighting, so they needed to light the whole room and dance floor. It looked perfect, they delivered exactly what I described and for a very reasonable price. They even accommodated my last minute (the day before!) request to add lighting to the lobby without a problem. I was so impressed!
    Sybil Married on 09/23/2017
      4.5 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I really enjoyed working with these guys, and the day of the wedding I didn't even see them. They were in and out before I had a chance to thank them. Before the wedding, they worked with me to get the price down to what I was comfortable with and we still got great lighting that created the atmosphere we were looking for.

Griffin & Griffin's reply:

Thank you Sybil for the review! It was a pleasure working with you! All the best for the future. Warmly The Event Light Pros
    Peter Married on 06/23/2014
      4.5 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Josie and John did a fantastic job lighting a difficult space. Quality was spectacular and spot on with the details.
    Melissa Married on 08/18/2018
    3.9 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating
      2.5 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I was beyond ecstatic to work with this team. The reviews were perfect, and they were known as the best in the business across the Maine wedding community. They were flexible talking though my vision, to get the estimate where we were comfortable with. Maybe my expectations were really high, but I had a very clear vision for the ceremony decor that wasn't delivered. I go back and forth thinking I wasn't clear enough, but each time (only twice) I reached out for design advice after signing the contract, the responsiveness wasn't there until days or months later. My other vendors were extremely thorough, and made sure to ask for clarification if any detail was uncertain. I will say the draping, string lights, and architectural uplighting that was set up was perfect. I wouldn't have changed a thing there. It made a dramatic change in the venue aesthetic that was cozy and romantic. We actually switched from having the ceremony outside on the lawn to under the tent because we loved it so much. That was the saving grace for the ceremony lantern fail. Seems like a small detail, but it was a moment we'll never get to do over again...with all the effort I poured into planning this vision. The venue and decor were all whites with slight neutrals for a very subtle minimalist nautical vibe, then we had these stark black rustic looking lanterns that we should have just pulled instead of having out on the aisle.

Griffin & Griffin's reply:

Melissa, thank you for your review, we appreciate the time you took to put your thoughts on paper. Thank you for noting that our reviews have been perfect until now, we work very hard to keep our clients happy and that is always in the forefront of our motivations. We are glad that during the estimate phase we were able to hear your vision and put together an estimate and design plan that met your desired investment level. With regard to the lanterns, during the design process we had chatted about the lanterns and we know as well that you were able to see them the day prior to your wedding during set up. We wish that you had expressed that they did not meet your expectations, if we had known the day prior we would have gladly bent over backwards to replace them with something else you liked better. Since we never heard that you weren’t happy, we weren’t able to change them for you. We are glad you loved the draping, string lights, and architectural up-lighting. During our design process we made sure to properly accentuate the areas you were looking to highlight and our team worked hard to make your vision a reality. We are glad it made a dramatic change in the venue aesthetic, and we agree it looked perfect! We are glad that even though you didn’t like the lanterns you found a spot on the property that you loved more to host your ceremony, the tent did look gorgeous with the draping and lighting and we’re sure it made for a dramatic and beautiful ceremony (that was also weather safe through the rain). Wishing you all the best and we are glad that your wedding came together so beautifully!
illustration stars