140 Reviews for The Event Group International

Religious (2)
Cultural (1)
Destination (1)
140 The Event Group International Reviews

We planned our whole wedding in three months, and originally didn't think we'd need a planner. About a month out, after hearing enough people say having a day-of coordinator was the best money spent in their budget (or that it was the one thing they regretted not having), we were able to snag Tanya's amazing services. She worked with our schedules and thought of everything we had forgotten or didn't even think of to begin with. The day of, she made sure order came from the chaos and I never had to know about any issues. It was beautiful and she was a pleasure to work with, however briefly. Can't say enough, we couldn't have pulled it off without her.

Profile Picture Leslie, 5/20/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Non-Religious

Tanya was an amazing planner for our wedding and truly made our dream day a reality. Our wedding was the best day of our lives and went perfectly, thanks to Tanya and her TEGI team. We look forward to using Tanya for future holiday parties, baby showers, birthdays, and all other special events!
Thank you for everything.

Lyandra, Emmanuel Alexandria, VA

Profile Picture User7232445, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Dress & Attire, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Jewelry, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

From the start to AFTER the finish, Tanya and her team were always one step ahead and made planning my wedding a BLAST. I was planning from out of state and only made two weekend trips while planning my wedding (not even needed, the vendors Tanya selected were perfect for our style and incredibly talented). I was a little clueless about everything that goes into a wedding and I looked forward to Tanya's updates to keep my on my timeline. It's hard to review everything that The Event Group International did because it was literally EVERYTHING. TEGI has amazing vendor connections but no pressure if you want more options or to pick your own. TEGI hand addressed save-the-dates and invites, collaborating with the stationary designer the entire way. Rehearsal dinner organization, weekend schedule help, transportation arrangement for both days, out-of-town bags (construction, delivery), meeting with vendors to give feedback, construction to final touches of the space, vendor payment and tips...
Tanya and the team will give you the wedding of your dreams. They will take care of every detail so that you can focus only on what matters to you. Hiring this team was the best and only decision I had to make to throw a wedding my family and friends will be talking about forever.

Latrina & Ryan

Profile Picture Latrina, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Dress & Attire, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

If I had to do my wedding all over again I would not have changed one thing and that is all thanks to Tanya Wilbon. Every single thing about my wedding was perfect. My husband and I are still getting compliments from our guests about how it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to. Whenever I needed her, all I had to do was pick up the phone and Tanya was there with her support and her ideas as to how she could get whatever it is that we needed done. The night before the wedding I asked Tanya what I needed to do the next day and she said, “just be fabulous!” On my wedding day I was fabulous! Tanya handled everything. The only thing I had to do was sit back and took in all of the beautiful moments that were created that day. Tanya Wilbon of The Event Group International is AMAZING. Hands down, the best! I highly recommend her for whatever event you are planning.

Scott and Tonya Baltimore, MD

Profile Picture Tonya, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Dress & Attire, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Jewelry, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Travel, Videography, Wedding Cake

Tanya,
A special thank you to you for everything that you did for us in the lead up to and day of our wedding. You really did help us pull together the most special day of our lives. You remained unfailingly positive, despite a few weather complications and pushed for us to get what we really wanted from our wedding day. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble at any stage along our wedding journey. You were always approachable and quick to respond so that we were never left wondering. It was obvious that you had everything so firmly under control, which meant that both us and our families could relax and enjoy our day. I would absolutely recommend that people use your services. It has been a pleasure working with you and we truly appreciate everything you have done for us.
Love Mr and Mrs S

Profile Picture User6970337, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Civil, Destination, Non-Religious, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Hi Tanya,
I wanted to drop you a quick line to say THANK YOU again for all of your great work on the mendhi.
Our guests had such a wonderful time. All of them talk about how memorable the evening was. The food was so tasty. The decorations were absolutely stunning. The artists were really professional and did such a nice job.
The overall atmosphere was so festive — you had such an amazing way of getting people to dance and sing and really enjoy themselves! We are so grateful to you and your support staff for all that you did to make that night so special for us.
Many thanks again!

Deepa & Sohan, Nashville, TN

Profile Picture User7236610, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Dress & Attire, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Officiant, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Cultural

Thank you so much Tanya for making our special day so perfect and designing our ceremony and reception. I don't know how you were able to take all those parts and pieces of ideas I kept throwing at you and make magic. That was absolutely amazing You went above & beyond rearranging things for us working around the raindrops. Many blessings to you!

Carmen Efyl , Greenville SC

Profile Picture User6550343, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

I cannot say enough good things about Tanya Wilbon and her team. She exceeded my expectations and was so wonderful to work with. I hired Tanya for day-of services and it felt like she did so much more. I wasn't originally going to get a planner in order to save money but once we got towards the end, I started to feel overwhelmed and thank goodness we did! Tanya is so knowledgeable on how the flow of weddings should go and she was so helpful. She is so fast with responding to emails which was so great. Tanya knew exactly what I wanted and totally understood my vision so I felt totally comfortable on the day of when I was getting ready, I didn't have to worry about anything. When I arrived to the venue everything was perfect and beyond amazing, and I know she worked so hard to set it all up. Tanya and her team did so many little things during the wedding that I didn't even realize because I was so busy with all the craziness of the wedding. They were great at communicating and letting me know what was coming up next during the reception. If you are interested in hiring a planner, please do yourself a favor and hire Tanya, you won't regret it and it is totally worth the money!! Thank you Tanya!!!!!!

Profile Picture Katrina, 3/12/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines

We hired TEGI as our wedding planner about 6 months prior to our wedding date. We worked with Tanya closely during those 6 months and we cannot rave about her enough. Many planners, especially the bigger ones, make you feel like just another client in their long list. Tanya goes out of her way to be incredibly responsive to every e-mail and phone call and she makes you feel like you are her only client! I was very hands on with my wedding planning and leaned on Lauren for pretty much every decision. She has so much patience in this often frenzy-filled world of wedding planning and is always positive. She and her team shined on our wedding day, handling every little detail, every vendor, with ease. She has a knack for making you feel relaxed and that it is all going to be handled fine.
We highly recommend using the Event Group International for your wedding planning services if you are seeking a personal, organized, fun and knowledgeable planner who is also a great person and now friend to us! Thank you Tanya!

Casey Poplawski, Philadelphia PA

Profile Picture User6498735, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Civil, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

My experience working with Tanya and TEGI was nothing but the best. I started by meeting with 3 different wedding planners. There are many reasons I went with Tanya, but the first main thing that caught my attention was that she was adamant that whatever our budget for the wedding was that it would be beautiful and perfect.
I had a very long engagement and thus a long time to plan my wedding... throughout the entire process Tanya was there for me to bounce ideas off of and offer suggestions. This was really important to me because despite my wedding being over a year away (at the beginning of our relationship) she made me feel very important. While others thought it was silly for me to be planning some details so much in advance, Tanya saw the importance of this to me and helped facilitate and made my planning possible.
When we hired Tanya my parents were very skeptical that we needed a planner at all. But as the months got closer, and we started giving Tanya all the contracts and the remaining to-do lists they started coming around. At our final meeting a week before the wedding my Dad even said "I'm SO glad you hired her, we couldn't have done it without her. She thinks of everything and is amazing!" That was a big step for him and shows how much Tanya impressed him. And it's true, she did think of all the little details that I didn't think of (which is saying a lot too - because I pretty much thought of everything!).
If anything on my wedding day, or leading up to the day, went wrong - I had no idea because Tanya was there to handle and troubleshoot it all. Everything turned out so beautiful because of her help planning and also because of her coordinating the weeks before and the day of the wedding. I couldn't imagine the stress I would have had leading up to the wedding if it wasn't for her great services.
You are amazing. Thank you for all you have done for us.
Brandy Abel, Germantown, MD

Profile Picture Brandy, 11/7/15, 1 Review

Tanya,
The services you provided for our daughter’s wedding made the event one of the most memorable experiences of our lives. With you tending to all the details, we were able to mingle with our guests and thoroughly enjoy the night. You involved us in the planning process to get our input and executed the plan with tremendous attention to detail. On the financial side, you helped us create an affordable budget and most importantly, you managed the project and carefully watched the expenses. I am delighted to say that we came in at budget, even after you were paid for your services. We are very thankful that you partnered with us to plan this important event and would highly recommend the Event Group International to anyone that is planning a significant event.
Garry & Caroline D., Winston-Salem, NC

Profile Picture User6175068, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Religious

Tanya,
I just wanted to thank you for being my event planner for both my "Bridal Brunch" and "Bridal Shower". The details and effort that went into the planning were truly astounding and shown. Every detail that we talked about was captured. The table decor, flowers, and favors were all so beautiful and well put together. All of my family and friends were delighted at how wonderful everything was. I can't thank you enough for how smooth everything went. I can’t wait to see what you will create for my Wedding.
I will be sure to recommend The Event Group International to family, friends, and co-workers in the future. Thanks for making these "special days" so wonderful for me.

Much Thanks and Appreciation,
Deirdre Levinson, Peachtree City, GA

Profile Picture Deirdre , 10/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

There is so much that I can say about the services that Tanya provided my husband and me. I was a desperate bride that came to her with a 6 month engagement. Needless to say I was very stressed out and faced so much negativity from other wedding planners because my date was so close. Tanya took away all of my worry when she reassured me immediately that my problem was not a problem at all. In that small period of time, she pulled together a wedding that will be talked about for years to come. The ideas & creativity that she displayed on our wedding day was fit for a queen. Tanya is very professional and very easy to get along with. We will always have a special place for Tanya in our hearts as she made our day well worth the wait.
Forever thank you.

Pamela and Kyle, Philadelphia, PA

Profile Picture User6059708, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Civil, Ceremony, Reception

They just planned our wedding amazing

Profile Picture Lyla , 8/23/15, 4 Reviews

Tanya,
I just want you to know that I think about you. You are an amazing wedding planner and such a SPECIAL person! My friends and our family cannot stop talking about the wedding. The concensus is that it was the most spectacular wedding and I have to agree!! Not only did you pull off an incredible wedding in a short period of time, but I also loved working with you. I feel like you are a family member and we have always known ech other.
Love ya,
Victoria, Charleston, SC

Profile Picture Vicrtoria, 8/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Tanya, Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for helping to make our wedding day the best day of our lives. From day one you were there for us whenever we needed you- whether it was helping us with decisions or just calling me to calm my nerves. Your thoughtfulness, kindness, and dedication are unmatched, and we want you to know how very much we appreciate everything you have done for us. Throughout the planning, we truly felt that our day was almost as important to you as it was to us and that was a great feeling!! We can’t wait to have more reasons to use your services!!!

Kylee Morris, Baltimore MD

Profile Picture Kylee, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Tanya,
We can not thank you enough for everything that you have done to pull off the most encredible Wedding for us in a such a short period of time. Brandi had certainly put you through a ringer with her wants and needs and the way she envisioned her special day. You are an ultimate professional and a visionary. So glad we found you and your company when we did.
Eternally grateful.
Brandi and Cal

Profile Picture Cal, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

If you are looking wedding planning this is correct address, they did everything for us perfectly guys ...

Profile Picture Alison, 3/28/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I just wanted to say thank you so much for making our wedding day so beautiful and wonderful. I could not have asked for a better outcome despite the weather. You definitely handled everything in a professional manner and I could not be more happier! From the music, to the flowers, to the cake and to the photography and video, everything was beautiful. It was everything a bride could expect and more. Thank you so much for making our wedding day memorable. I would recommend you to anyone who is considering having a beautiful destination wedding in St. Lucia or anywhere for that matter.

Anne & Kyle Brooks, Washington, DC

Profile Picture Anne, 3/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Thank you so much! Words aren’t really enough to express how incredibly grateful Kyle and I and also Mom and Dad are to you. You have made this wedding process such a pleasure and I am so sad that now I don’t get to have lovely catch ups with you! Yesterday was so amazing it exceeded my expectations on every level. Even the weather turned up at just the right time. Nothing went wrong, it was seamless. All down to your impeccable planning and unflappable nature.
I had so much fun, and surely that is the hallmark of a great celebration.

C & K, Washington, DC

Profile Picture User4845048, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

It could almost be a cliche to say how good Tanya and her team are – all the superlatives have already been used in other reviews. The simple fact is that she deserves them all…and more! We cold-called Tanya and some other wedding planners when we decided to go down the wedding planner route. Tanya impressed us from the first moment and was head and shoulders above her competitors. The suppliers that Tanya recommended were all first class and it was noteworthy that those decisions we made where we didn't use Tanya’s recommendations were the less successful ones. Tanya is always positive and professional – we genuinely cannot think of a single moment in 14 months of planning when her smile dropped. She worked incredibly hard for us and was on top of her brief at every moment. We must have been testing for her at times but you wouldn't have known it. Steph and I were not at all sure about proceeding with a wedding planner (way too celeb for us!) but what a good decision we made. I feel confident that if we had chosen anyone else other than Tanya and her team, we might now be thinking ‘what if’. As two solicitors, we understand the importance of client service. Tanya has this in spades and we have taken away lessons from her professionalism to apply in our own practice. We are now recommending The Event Group International to everyone we know getting married! Thank you Tanya, you are a unique talent and I find it hard to think how anyone could do a better job than you.
Cranston Bryant III & Stephanie Bryant, Ellicott City, MD

Profile Picture Cranston, 12/31/14, 1 Review

Tanya,
Words can't express how much we appreciate all of your time and expertise. We couldn't have done any of this without you. We're so glad that we were able to find you in time. You made our dream come true . When we look back on our day we will remember all that you have done for us which allowed us a beautiful beginning for our new life together. God Bless, Love...
Kayla and Corey. Nashville, TN

Profile Picture User4693118, 2+ years ago, 1 Review

Tanya,
Thank you for making our wedding the most incredible day of our lives. your assistance throughout the day was invaluable and having you there meant we could relax and enjoy the day, know that you had everything under control.
You are a gift !!!

Gloria Hastro, Baltimore, MD

Profile Picture User4762614, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

William and I just wanted to say thank you one more time for all of your help with our wedding – it was just perfect. We (and all of our guests) had a fabulous time.
Thank you for all your patience, grace, good judgement and incredible planning. As soon as we met in,
you put both William and I totally at ease. We knew that no matter what happened you would make sure that the wedding would go smoothly. And it did. There was absolutely nothing left for us to worry about.
Also, all of your recommended vendors were truly a pleasure to work with. The photographer was great and he was such a kind and considerate person to be around. Our wedding video exceeded all our expectations and has been a blast to watch. The flowers were beautiful, the cake delicious, and everyone is still talking about how great the band was!
We had such a wonderful time, we wish we could do it all over again (can we renew our vows after only two months!?) One of the greatest pleasures was getting to know you. You were not just our wedding planner, but an ally, confident and friend. Thank you Tanya, we couldn't have done it without you – you really did make our wedding dreams come true!
We hope to see you again soon.

Diane and William, St. Augustine, FL

Profile Picture User4724537, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We used The Event Group International for our wedding, and we just have to say that Tanya and her entire team were so helpful. They really gave us the freedom to sit back and just enjoy our Wedding Day. From the time they showed up at each of our houses, they made sure we didn't have to worry about anything and that everything was taken care of. Tanya kept everything running so smooth and everyone knew exactly where they were suppose to be, from taking pictures before the wedding, all the way until the last person got on the shuttle to go back to the hotel. They were prepared for any little mishap that could possible have taken place. My mother had given me a garter and when I went to put it on, it was uncomfortable. Sure enough, Tanya had one in her emergency kit. We could not have been happier with how organized everything was, and just how friendly Tanya and her assistants were. Both of our parents couldn't stop talking about how great they were. We would absolutely recommend using Tanya and The Event Group International on your wedding day because they know how stressful the day can be and they just make it much, much easier to deal with. They made sure everything was perfect.

Very Happy Bride, Julie K. - Bethesda, MD