The Elegant Ninja Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Alexa H. Married on 10/01/2021

The best of the best!

Berlanti was my wedding planner for my private estate wedding. I was a destination bride so there was a TON of effort that had to be put in and i needed someone that i could count on, that i could relate to, and that i could trust to execute my vision. Berlanti, her assistant Lana, and their team seriously blew ALL of my expectations out of
    The water! If you’re going to hire a wedding planner (which i 1000% recommend), look no further. The Elegant Ninja will make your dream a reality. On top of all that Berlanti and her team did throughout the entire process, i would text her non stop about questions, to talk me off a ledge, or ask for advice and she always put my nerves at ease and responded immediately. All i can say is when you pick your vendors, you want people that have the best communication and care about your day as much as you do - BERLANTI WILL NOT DISAPPOINT!! On top of that she has amazing recommendations for vendors and with her savvy business skills will get you
    The best possible deal and price on anything and everything. Her name and reputation in the business alone will take you soooo far. Cannot recommend the elegant ninja enough!
    Alvin Married on 02/09/2019

Unforgettable

THE wedding day should be effortless, enjoyable and about making memories. But the planning, logistics, and fear of something going wrong was holding us back. That was until we found Berlanti, Lana, & Vai.

To give some backstory, I am the kind of guy that dread decision making. No joke. I suffer on the daily when the Mrs askes, “where should we eat?” or “what Netflix movies should we watch?” So, clearly, I deferred most decision making to the Mrs regarding wedding logistics. However, it got to the point where it was becoming difficult for one person to plan an event for a couple hundred. That’s when we decided to seek some help. AND to not be completely and utterly useless in the planning process, I was given a chance to contribute – provide a list of potential vendors to plan our wedding. The subsequent days were the toughest of my life.

I narrowed options to about 5 different vendors and met with some, The Elegant Ninja being one. The first few were really difficult and awkward because I clearly didn’t know what to look for in these exchanges. However, when I met with Berlanti, it was really easy to connect and get my point across. I could definitely tell that she’s been doing this for a while. There were no art or science to explain my interaction, it was simply a feeling that reassured me that Berlanti wanted to be a part of our celebration. We then met again with all key stakeholders (mainly the Mrs) and ultimately decided to work with The Elegant Ninja. From then on, life became normal again, until our wedding day, the happiest day of our lives :).

From the first meeting with Berlanti to the last moments of the wedding, everything went as smooth as we could have hoped for. I have no doubt that The Elegant Ninja could provide the same quality service to others who wish to make their special day truly an unforgettable experience.

Thank you Berlanti, Lana & Vai and The Elegant Ninja team for a wonderful wedding. We definitely will solicit your help for other events in the future.
  • Jonathan
    Jonathan Married on 08/18/2018

The Elegant Ninja Works Wonders!!

We had the pleasure of working with The Elegant Ninja for our wedding this past August at Malibu Rocky Oaks and the entire team is fantastic!

Berlanti is amazing and is always so on top of it. She works super hard to make sure your wedding goes flawlessly and her whole team is super approachable and easy to get a hold of via email, text, and phone call. We always felt like she listened to us and then helped make our ideas come to life.

On the day of the wedding itself, she was truly in her element working on everything and making us feel like everything was under control which allowed us to relax a bit and enjoy the day! The Elegant Ninja knows how to throw an AMAZING wedding, and really knows the details of the wedding business inside and out. Having their team help us plan and execute the event was huge and they took care of all the small details so we didn't have to worry about it.

Needless to say, if you hire them you definitely CANNOT go wrong. They are absolutely amazing to work with, super organized, and so on top of it. I was so impressed with their level of knowledge and professionalism -- they made brought out dream wedding to life!
    Mark Married on 07/28/2018

Elegant Ninja review

We held our wedding at MRO in late July of this year and used Berlanti and the elegant ninja (EN) as our planner. The great advantage of using the EN is that they regularly plan weddings at this venue and thus know exactly what will work and what won't. Berlanti and her team were incredibly flexible with allowing us to do what we wanted whilst also offering great advice on what would really work for this venue. She directed us to a lot of our vendors as well that we really liked and thought very highly of. On the day she was a real help and everything ran smoothly, which I guess is really the main thing.

We could not be more happy that we had our wedding at MRO and that we were lucky to have Berlanti and her elegant ninja team plan it for us.

Mark & Meriel
    Mikaela V. Married on 07/14/2018

A dream to work with and true talent for making your dream come true!

Berlanti and her team were beyond all expectations. They were prompt, knowledgeable, driven, creative, and very organized! We were able to turn Malibu Rocky Oaks into a modern Native American oasis reflecting my culture with the help of these girls! I wouldn't of trusted anyone else with my big day and I plan to use these girls for all my future life events that require a large party (so basically all my life events haha)!
    Kelly Married on 03/25/2018
    I hired The Elegant Ninja as a full service planner for my wedding that was booked at Malibu Rocky Oaks in March 2018. Berlanti and her team did a fantastic job helping me work through the planning, logistics, vendor management, and most importantly, the day-of execution of the vision. I worked very closely with Berlanti who had endless suggestions of how to improve upon/ reduce cost and still be able to achieve the same amazing end result. Due to her efforts to coordinate between my wedding and the bride whose wedding she was planning the day before at the same venue, we realized 25-30% discounts for sharing rental furniture/equipment. THIS was HUGE as MRO is a private residence, everything has to be brought in and set up, per event.
    On the day of the wedding, I arrived at the venue and there was a sea of activity, Berlanti and her team were managing the set up of all of the vendors and all of the finishing details were taken care of so that I could focus my attention on getting ready. Her small army of assistants were there to make sure that all of my guests were continually served and happy throughout the night and that my husband and I stayed on track with the schedule for the evening (and more importantly actually got to enjoy the food and drinks that we had spend hours selecting).
    The best compliment a bride can receive is to hear how wonderful the execution of the event had been and the overall attention to detail, I received several compliments/comments like this throughout the evening. Do yourself a favor and hire the Elegant Ninja as the full service planner for your wedding, their rates are extremely competitive and they will go above and beyond for you to make sure that your event is a huge success.
    Trevor Married on 03/17/2018
    We love our elegant ninjas! The elegant ninja team has the resources and expertise to make any wedding an unforgettable experience. From the overall look of your wedding to the selection process, this team is your go-to for all things wedding related! Thank you guys for always putting the magic in every wedding you coordinate.
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 02/18/2018
    I honestly cannot say enough amazing things about Berlanti & The Elegant Ninjas. I planned my destination wedding in Malibu, CA, from Dallas, TX, and the process was absolutely seamless. Every vendor she recommended was amazing, her team was incredible, and everything was more perfect than I could have even imagined. Berlanti was so helpful in every planning meeting leading up to our big day - whether on the phone or in person. Not only was she incredibly professional and knowledgable, she also did an amazing job of making my vision come to life - I trusted her to make all the design decisions and to say I was impressed the day of my wedding would be an understatement. Berlanti has an incredible eye for design and trusting her to make my wedding day perfect was the best decision I made. The wedding day was executed perfectly, with no drama and no issues at all. If you are looking for an incredible wedding planner who at the end of the day will even feel more like a friend - use them. I cannot recommend this team enough.
    Tracy Married on 11/04/2017
    Berlanti of The Elegant Ninja helped us plan our November destination wedding. My then-fiancé and I reside in Texas, but we decided to have our wedding in my home state of California. We flew out to California a year prior to the wedding to tour the venue, and it just so happened that Berlanti was onsite that day. We did not have to choose Berlanti for planning services, but we had a good feeling after meeting her on the day we toured the venue. Initially, we were quite nervous about working with a planner where the majority (aside from two face-to-face meetings) of our communication/planning would take place via phone, text, and email. However, Berlanti’s responsiveness throughout the months leading up to the wedding day calmed our fears, and we pretty much forgot that we had only two face-to-face meetings prior to the wedding day.

We had a lot of details that we wanted to incorporate into our wedding, and Berlanti knocked them out of the park. Every. Single. Detail. She did not miss a beat! Her knowledge of Malibu Rocky Oaks is unparalleled. She knows that place like the back of her hand. Berlanti helped us make important decisions and really took some of the day-of wedding pressure off of us. The funny thing is we barely saw her on the wedding day, but we knew she was somewhere in the background making sure the whole day/evening ran smoothly. She truly was a ninja!

Everything was truly magical from beginning to end... one of the best days of our lives. All of our guests from the wedding have continued to tell us that it was the best and most beautiful wedding they have ever attended! Thank you, Berlanti and The Elegant Ninja team!
    Alex Married on 10/28/2017
    Berlanti and her team did a fantastic job helping me achieve my dream wedding at Malibu Rocky Oaks. She gave me a tour of the property and walked me through where cocktail hour is, dinner set up etc. Her knowledge of the property is extensive and was super helpful along the way. Berlanti had amazing contacts (flowers, rentals, caterers, parking, DJ) they were all excellent vendors that I would highly recommend! The day of the wedding, Berlanti and her team executed everything perfectly and put my crazy wedding brain at ease!
    If you are thinking of having a wedding @ MRO, Elegant Ninja is the only way to go!
  • User2923421 2+ years ago
    They're the best! These ladies are amazing, couldn't have my beautiful wedding without them. They made my dream wedding possible. Can't thank them enough!
    Shana Married on 06/18/2016
    Berlanti was an absolute joy to work with! I met with 4 different planners before visiting MRO and meeting with Berlanti. I was lucky enough to witness her in action as they were setting up for a wedding that morning and knew instantly that she was great at her job. I opted for the reasonably-priced full planning package and met with Berlanti multiple times before our big day. She was attentive, understanding, and patient, but most importantly she ALWAYS supported my vision. Her knowledge of the venue is unparalleled and her professionalism ensures that things get done exactly how/when they're supposed to. Her direct, no-nonsense approach to planning saves a lot of time and she's not afraid to assert herself when necessary. Berlanti and the Elegant Ninja team worked tirelessly on the day of our wedding to get every detail right and the hard work paid off - Our day was PERFECT. I absolutely recommend her services to anyone looking for a planner they can trust at a price they can afford. Thanks B!
    Nadia Married on 06/02/2016
    Working with The Elegant Ninja was the difference between my wedding being a success and a complete shambles. I worked with Berlanti based on the Shadow Package. The price was so reasonable in comparison to other planners I had worked with, and the package allowed me to have creative control over my wedding, whilst benefitting from Berlanti's experience of previous weddings and specifically my venue. Berlanti really came into her own on the day, her and her team coordinated the day like clockwork. Any slight hitches due to late guests were smoothed over, she ensured that all the little details we wanted were achieved, such as us getting a specific sunset photo shot and my husband playing saxophone with the band were achieved. A wedding in a 'shell' venue, that doesn't include catering/rentals, is a big job to put together, especially if a bride doesn't have event planning experience, and because of that you need someone on your side who can make it seem like a breeze. Thank you Berlanti and the Elegant Ninja team.
    Matt Married on 11/08/2015
    What can't I say about the ninjas...they are amazing! Berlanti and her team helped us plan our wedding from halfway across the country! We had no idea on food, design, flowers, booze, etc. They setup meetings for us when we were in town, kept us in the loop with contracts and made things a very painless process. I would recommend them again and already have to some friends!
    Carly Married on 10/02/2015
    Jessica was great! She handled everything day-of and really took a lot of stress off my shoulders. I couldn't imagine the day going smoothly without her!
    Diana Married on 05/16/2015
    Berlanti was the absolute best. She managed to do the impossible of not only being professional, but also being the supportive friend a bride needs during the crazy time of wedding planning. She was amazing at everything from responding to millions of my emails to putting my fears to rest when I had the jitters. Berlanti is not only a brilliant wedding planner, but she is a wonderful person as well <3 I love her!!!