132 Reviews for The Dresser

Shoes (2)
Bridesmaids (1)
Sample Sales (1)
132 The Dresser Reviews

Jessica was fantastic! She provided excellent customer service and was extremely patient. She listened to my vision and was able to find “the one.”

Profile Picture n, 9/14/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Gowns, Veils

Great experience. Everyone very helpful. Alterations done by Maryanne, excellent.

Profile Picture Tricia, 5/5/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My florist recommended The Dresser to me, and I am so glad she did, as I had a great experience with them!
They were all super nice and helpful from the very beginning and in each appointment thereafter. Stephanie was amazing and made sure to pull dresses that were similar to the pictures I showed her and made me feel comfortable by answering any questions I had. Once I picked a dress, they set up my next appointment for alterations with Marianne, who is just amazing at what she does- my dress turned out perfect!! I was more in love with it than I thought I would be! I am so happy that I found The Dresser, I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a great experience in finding their perfect dress!

Profile Picture Cassandra, 4/14/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Jessica helped me pick out my gown, and I couldn't have been happier. She was knowledgable and I completely trusted her opinion. Marianne, the owner, is equally amazing and kind. They do all their own alterations, which are extremely reasonable, and they really care about their brides. I'm glad I found The Dresser to purchase my dress from!!

Profile Picture User4707467, Recently Married, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations

Wedding - June 2017
The Dresser was the fifth and final dress shop I visited in three days while searching for my wedding dress while my mom was in town. Before The Dresser, I had tried on about 30 dresses, some of which I liked, but none that I loved. Every dress up until then, there was at least one thing I wanted to change about the design or style. At The Dresser, I worked with Amanda and she was great at listening to what I was interested in trying on, as well as what I knew at that point that I did not like. The second dress Amanda pulled for me was the one that I said YES to. There was nothing I wanted to be different about it and it was the one that made my mom teary-eyed.

After making the decision, it was easy working with The Dresser to schedule appointments for fittings and alterations. They are open later in the evenings on Tues and Thurs, which was perfect for my work schedule.

Marianne is a talented and knowledgeable seamstress. The lace and scallop pattern on my dress was very intricate and she hemmed it beautifully. She also added boning in the bodice to help support me within the soft dress structure. After my wedding, I returned my dress to The Dresser for minimal repairs to the hem, as well as their cleaning and preservation service.

Overall, the staff at The Dresser is professional, friendly, and will do their absolute best to help you find your dream wedding dress.

Profile Picture Tony & Alicia, 6/24/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Alterations, Cleaning, Preservation, Trunk Shows, Bride

We didn't know you needed an appointment to try on dresses. My mom and I walked in and they were able to squeeze us in for a half appointment and sure enough I found my perfect dress! Everyone there was so friendly, helpful, and amazing!!

Profile Picture User6832227, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had the best wedding dress experience at the Dresser! I really appreciated their no-frills, no-fuss approach. They are so service friendly and help those of us who know nothing about wedding dresses find the perfect match! Amanda was beyond incredible-she really takes the time to understand not only what you like in a dress, but what the look/feel of your wedding, venue, etc. are. Trust these ladies and try on everything they bring-have an open mind! If I didn't, I would not have even considered the dress I fell in love with. They have a great eye and can tell what will/won't work. They are also spot-on with their advice on what size to order-I think Amanda was going down to the millimeter at one point to ensure my dress would be the right size! Marianne, the owner, is fabulous, as well. She is such a meticulous seamstress and can probably make any dress fit any way you like-mine fit like a glove when it was all said and done! I bought my veil here, too-something I did not think I needed guidance on. Their selection is extensive, but not overwhelming. Prices definitely within reason for the gowns they carry. I cannot compliment the Dresser more. You end up spending quite a bit of time on your dress, so an experienced and friendly staff is definitely a must!

Profile Picture Emily, 1/21/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Customization, Preservation, Bride, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Veils

I said yes to the dress at The Dresser in Fullerton! Amanda was such a warm and friendly salesperson from the get go that I was certain I'd find the "one" there! She started off by asking me details I had in mind about the wedding itself as well as my style preferences to get a feel for the type of dress that would best fit my wedding day. She picked out seven dresses for me to try on and I only made it to dress number four before I found it. From the moment I came out in it, I knew I would be getting married in that dress. (Just writing this review makes me want to go back and try it on again!)

The selection of dresses that they have there is outstanding! They have dresses that would fit any budget big or small. My budget was around $1k - $1.5k, and the dress Amanda found for me was $1499. Be forewarned, there was an added charge to adjust the length of the dress (an Essence of Australia dress), but that means saving money on alterations down the line. So worth it! I also ordered the veil with it, so all-in-all I ended up spending around $2k there. Worth it for the service and selection, imo!

Profile Picture User4735585, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had such a great experience with The Dresser. This was my first destination for wedding gown shopping and I'm so glad I didn't have to go anywhere else! My first time trying on dresses was great, I felt like I tried on just what I needed to narrow down my options, my consultant even helped me accessorize the dress I chose! Fittings were done step by step based on what needed to be done, and the results were always flawless. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Heather, 7/30/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The staff at The Dresser are amazing! They are professional, patient, and very knowledgeable about their inventory. A friend recommended the store to me, and I am definitely going to do the same - they made finding my wedding dress easy, pleasant, and stress free.

Profile Picture Elyssa , 7/22/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Gowns, Customization
2.3

I got my wedding dress, hair piece, and bridesmaids dresses from The Dresser. Everybody here is very nice and helpful. The reason I'm not giving The Dresser 5 stars is because at the end of the day, I wasn't thrilled with my alterations that I had done there. I had many appointments (4-5) to get alterations done on my seemingly simple dress, mainly to fix some bunching/folding that was happening at the torso of my strapless, fitted lace gown and to shorten it. When I arrived for my last appointment, the week before my wedding, I was told that my alterations hadn't been completed because there was a computer glitch that erased my appointment. This being said, I was pretty upset and we were told that if we waited an hour they could finish the alterations. Even though my weekend was jam packed with wedding details to work on, I told them that I could come back the next day because I didn't want them to rush through my alterations, but they told me that an hour was plenty of time to do what I needed done. We waited, and when we returned and I tried on my dress again, the bunching/folding was still present in my torso. She made more alterations and I picked up my dress a week later just in time for my wedding. I asked to try it on one more time before I left even though it was packaged up so nicely. When I tried it on the bunching/folding appeared to have been fixed so I was relieved. I should have walked around in it though because then I would have realized that the fabric would ride up my hips and bunch at the waist just as it did my entire wedding night. It's been a few months and I've received my professional wedding pictures back, and the fabric is bunched at my waist in almost every single picture which is so disappointing because it really takes away from the beautiful nature of the lace. I'm pretty frustrated because I feel like this issue should have been addressed in my alterations appointment being that no bride just stands still for her whole wedding.

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/25/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Preservation, Sample Sales, Trunk Shows, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Shoes, Bride, Bridesmaids
1.4

I found my dream dress here. Even on the hanger I told the person helping me it was going to be the dress. After the first trip I didn't place my order because we were too far away from my wedding and I was worried that I would change my mind. The Dresser then called me a week later and asked me to come back in for a trunk show. At the trunk show I tried on the same dress and again confirmed that it was definitely my wedding dress. I let them know that I wouldn't be ordering it that day as it was still too far from my wedding day but I would order it another day.

About a month later I went to order my dress at another store since they offered me $100 towards alterations for the dress. I was informed that the designer had discontinued my dress and it was no longer available for order. Everyone who worked in the store told me that The Dresser should have called me to let me know if was going to be discontinued. Even though both times I went to try on dresses I had a great time I would never recommend this store to anyone.

Profile Picture Sica, 6/18/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Trunk Shows

Found my beautiful wedding gown at The Dresser!! Wow did they make it easy! I found exactly what I was looking for in their gorgeous store. They have a great selection of dresses and the staff did a wonderful job helping me find my dress. I bought my veil and did my alterations through them as well. The alterations were PERFECT and I was even more amazed and happy with how well my dress fit me and looked after the whole process. AMAZING experience overall!

Profile Picture User4638038, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Veils

This was the first place I looked, and Sierra did an amazing job helping me find THE dress! She brought me dresses based on what I thought I wanted, and a few that she thought I might like based on how I reacted to each dress. The Casablanca dress I chose was one I never would have looked twice at, but Sierra was spot on! Everyone at The Dresser was professional and my dress arrived on time. Wish I could wear my dress more than once!

Profile Picture User6794201, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

Although I didn't get my dress here they were great to work with and were very patient and joyful as I tried on a ton of dresses!

Profile Picture stephanie, 3/19/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Great experience from beginning to end. At first I was hesitant on buying my dress from this boutique because I knew I would be out of my budget. Sure enough I did go out of my budget but it was so worth it! Everyone loved my dress! The staff was very helpful with what I wanted for my dress and it only took 3 dresses to find the one.

Profile Picture Christie, 1/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Cleaning, Preservation, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns

My sister got her wedding dress here 15 years ago and loved the experience and service, so when it came time to buy my wedding dress, I decided to come here first and immediately understood, first hand, what she was talking about!! From choosing the right style for me, to finding my dress, alterations...the staff were all so incredibly kind and helpful and the entire process was nothing but fluid. I'd recommend this shop to anyone, it won't disappoint!!

Profile Picture Celeste, 11/21/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Sample Gowns, Shoes, Alterations, Trunk Shows

I bought my dream dress from the Dresser and I was happy with the customer service and friendliness of the staff! I went in for alterations 3 times and was extremely happy with Marianne's (the owner) attention to detail. Some seamstresses make you feel awkward about pointing something out that you don't like. My mom and I both commented on how Marianne would immediately fix something that bothered me and never made me feel awkward about it! It was really nice. She kept saying, "you're right, we can fix that. This is the dress for the biggest day of your life - it need to be perfect!" It made us feel good that we weren't being a nuisance to her. I would recommend this store!

Profile Picture Samantha, 10/3/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The staff at The Dresser is out of this world. Marianne might secretly be a magician, she has magic hands and can make every dress fit your body perfectly. She is patient and kind and extremely talented. Finding a dress is not an easy task but I am so happy to have found mine at The Dresser.

Profile Picture Kortney , 10/3/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Veils

Lovely selection and fantastic staff!!! Also, the owner does the alterations is a perfectionist so she makes sure everything is absolutely perfect before letting you walk out that door... and then she follows you and helps you hang it up correctly in the car!!! Dream team!

Profile Picture teri, 9/5/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I found my dress on Pinterest and it lead me to The Dresser! We had a wonderful experience and Amanda really knew how to make this bride feel special. She brought me several options and helped me narrow down my decision and assisted with providing embellishments for my veil. I'm so thankful for her assistance and cannot wait for my groom to see me on our wedding day!

Profile Picture Courtney, 8/28/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I love this bridal salon!! It's a beautiful place and the staff is very friendly! I liked that they remembered my name every time I came in as well. It felt more personal. I also liked their online appointment form and reminder emails. I purchased my wedding gown and veil here, and I thought it was awesome that they had signs for you to hold up for pictures that said. "I said yes at the dresser". It's great because every girl wants who just purchased their gown wants to share their excitement! I only had to do minor alterations when the dress came in. They have in house alterations which was really nice. I worked with Marianne. She is super talented! By the time we were done with alterations, my dress was perfect! And now that the wedding is over, I am having them preserve my dress as well. I definitely trust them with taking care of my dress. I would recommend this salon to anyone!

Profile Picture Tiffany , 7/26/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The Dresser was amazing at helping me find and alter my dream dress. I made an appointment to look at gowns right after I got engaged. This was the first place I looked for a dress and wasn't thinking I would find it right away! I gave a description of what I thought I wanted and was shown several dresses. I fell in love with the first dress I tried on and nothing compared! I bought the dress that day and cancelled all other appointments. Fast forward about 6 months later and I went back to the Dresser for alterations. I had a total of two appointments and my dress fit perfectly. I cannot say enough good things about the service and selection at the Dresser! Very attentive staff and talented in dress selection and alterations.

Profile Picture User5526688, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Bridal Gowns

The Dresser was recommended to me through my cousin who had found her dress there. I was in a little bit of a time crunch as my parents and I were both from out of town and this was one of the only times we would both be in the same place at the same time. After talking to the consultant about what I was looking for she brought me exactly what I had asked for. I tried on several dresses that were beautiful but none of them were the one, so she asked me more questions. I told her it had a 1920's feel to it and was in a historical building by the beach, she came back with a dress and said, "I know this isn't what you said you wanted, it's not lace but I think you'll like it"... I put it on and it was perfect. We ordered it and they made sure the dress maker was able to get the dress in on time, as my wedding was three months away. Timing was perfect and it arrived when I happened to be back in town for the week. I went in and tried it on and it fit great. They measured for my bussel and said I could pick it up the Tuesday before the wedding. When I went to pick it up I asked if I could try it on before taking it, which I'm glad I did, cause when I tried it on to my horror the right side was two inches too long and the left side was two inches too short! I was horrified, my wedding was in 4 days and my dress made me look like my legs were uneven. To make things worse the lead seamstress was out of town until Thursday. They assured me that it would be fixed and I set an appointment to have it remeasured when the seamstress returned Thursday. Wednesday they called me to tell me that the assistant seamstress was in and could measure and work on the dress, so I quickly drove down there. She was in the end able to fix it by Friday morning and I can happily say that the dress fit perfect from head to toe (on both sides). I love the dress, the consultants were great, and the seamstress worked magic but I was disappointed that this stressful situation had happened.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/18/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I bought both my wedding dress and veil at The Dresser. I had a great experience there with my mom and maid of honor. We made an appointment and waited a few minutes, but we were able to browse through the dresses while we waited. I tried on maybe 8 dresses and narrowed it down to two. I thought that the sales associate was helpful without being pushy. I eventually chose a dress that didn't even need to be altered aside from a hem and bustle! Four months later I flew back to CA for alterations, and it was ready four days later to accommodate my travel schedule, which was great! I also ordered my veil on this visit, which my mom picked up in a reasonable time. My dress was gorgeous, and I received so many compliments. I want to wear it all the time! Thanks to The Dresser!

Profile Picture Laura, 7/12/15, 7 Reviews