The Don CeSar Reviews

The Don CeSar 5
The Don CeSar 6
The Don CeSar 7

Cathy · Married on 02/16/2019

Beautiful wedding at the Don Cesar!

My daughter was married at the Don Cesar on 2/16/19 . Our coordinator at the Don was Heidi Thixton. Heidi was so great to work with. She is professional, calming , detail oriented and super responsive. I knew that everything would be perfect on the big day. The courtyard provided a perfect backdrop for the ceremony and everyone commented on the delicious food served in the North Terrace. The waitstaff was helpful, courteous and professional. Everything flowed smoothly. Just a beautiful venue that is worth the investment!

Sent on 02/25/2019

Cathy,
    Thank You so much for the wonderful kind words and for choosing our beloved Pink Palace! . It was such a pleasure working with you.
    all the best to you, Emily and Michael!
    -Heidi

Leeann Diamond · Married on 10/20/2018

The wedding I always dreamed of

Enchanting, breathtaking, amazing...words do not do justice to the whole experience that is The Don Cesar.  From the moment The Pink Palace comes into view, day or night, it takes your breath away and it doesn't stop there.  We have stayed a quick overnight, a few weekend trips, and we had the pleasure to stay a week, each and every visit the staff went above and beyond to welcome and customize our stays.
      Truly deserving of a special mention is the Senior Sales Manager, Beth.  She stepped out of her role on so many occasions and made herself available for each and every question I had, no matter how big or small, as I took on the task of planning my own wedding.  Honestly I can't even say that  I planned it, I really feel like she held my hand and guided me at every step.  From catering and ceremony site, to room selections and room blocks, she was there with budget friendly advise and suggestions.  There was a small hic-up with one of my outside vendors and Beth stepped into action (again) coming to the rescue to make my perfect wedding vision come together, even throwing in a surprise that she knew I had wanted so much and I had not thought possible.
    Also deserving of a mention is the salon and spa.  The girls and I were pampered like princess's and I haven't ever felt more beautiful than I did on my day.  They worked with me via phone and email working out details, who, what, when, and yes even where.  Beverly, from the salon, and I sent photos back and forth of hair and makeup ideas to be sure that her team would be able to achieve the look I wanted; I was tickled when she actually showed up with her team to work on my hair.
    The luxury in the rooms, the cleanliness, the fitness room, are all top notch.  The shops, the pools, the views, all unparalleled.  THE FOOD....I mean wow, Friday night at the Rowe Bar, Saturday afternoon at the pool cafe, a quick treat at the ice-cream shop, and the Sunday buffet...it doesn't matter where you go on site it's all fit for royalty.  If you like history be sure to check out the wall of history and the books available in the gift shops you will not be disappointed!!
    Every single visit the team has taken guest recognition and satisfaction to the next level, making accommodations and the little (and BIG) extras to make us feel special.
    Thank you to everyone at The Don so much for everything...we look forward to our next visit.

Sent on 02/27/2019

The Don CeSar's reply:

Thank you so much Leeann! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and Jeff and I am so happy to know that we surpassed all of your expectations! We can't wait to celebrate with you all over again this October when you return to The Pink Palace to celebrate your anniversary!!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/26/2018

I don't know where to start. The entire experience was AMAZING, from our initial visit with Heidi Thixton to our walk down the aisle only 2.5 months later. We started with 25-30 people and ended up with 65. Heidi accommodated all of my changes and indecision along the way and never flinched. She was incredibly patient and responsive, even the day I sent 10+ emails about the linens :) The hotel itself was spectacular - every single thing you would expect of a luxury hotel and so.much.more. We felt like royalty from the moment we arrived and our guests commented that they knew they were about to be part of something special as they made the walk to the South Terrace. We chose The Don Cesar for the memories-of-a-lifetime that we knew only a venue like this could provide and we were not disappointed. We're already looking forward to coming back for our 1st anniversary!

Sent on 10/07/2018
    The Don CeSar 8
    The Don CeSar 9

Jennifer and Steven,
    Thank You so much for these very kind words! It was such a pleasure sharing you Special Day ! You both are Amazing! Congratulations!

-Heidi

Roxanne · Married on 06/29/2018

We worked with Kelsey and she was amazing! She was quick to respond to my emails, always answered our questions and helped to ensure planning our wedding reception was an enjoyable process . We chose the South Terrace Ballroom so we had amazing views of the ocean. Most of our family is from up north so they appreciated the breathtaking views our venue provided. The food was beyond our expectations. Our guests could not stop talking about how delicious all the food was even long after the wedding. We were able to take gorgeous photos around the hotel and out on the beach. The grand staircase leading into the courtyard was the perfect location for our sparkler send off. We had an after party at the Rowe Bar that lasted until 3am and our families had a mimosa brunch the next morning at the Sea Porch cafe. The food at all the restaurants in the hotel were unbelievable. Kelsey was fantastic! She was there all morning and most of the night to ensure everything ran smoothly. The service was beyond exceptional! The entire staff at the hotel was friendly and courteous. I would highly recommend the Don CeSar for any event!!!

Sent on 07/06/2018

The Don CeSar's reply:

Thank you so much Roxanne! It was such a pleasure to work with you and your husband! Best wishes to you both!

Blake · Married on 06/09/2018

We choose The Don Cesar for our wedding reception in June 2018 and the experience was unbelievable. The event staff could not have been better and they did a fantastic job of making sure everything ran smoothly. I highly recommend using The Don for your next event.
    Additionally, our stay at the hotel as a whole was wonderful. All of the food and drinks were exceptional and the staff was kind and very responsive. I highly recommend the Don as a hotel and as an event space.

Sent on 06/22/2018

The Don CeSar's reply:

Thank you Laura and Blake for your lovely review! I am thrilled that you were so pleased with your Wedding Reception here at The Don CeSar! We wish the two of you a lifetime of happiness in your new life together and hope that you will continue to visit us at The Pink Palace for years to come!! - Courtney Blount & The Don CeSar Team

Adrienne · Married on 03/02/2018

The Don CeSar was the first place we visited on our venue search, and we immediately fell in love! We got married there in March 2018, and it was all that we could have ever wanted. The wedding coordinator, Heidi, was fantastic and a pleasure to work with. We had our dream wedding and we couldn't have asked for anything more! THANK YOU for everything Heidi and team!!

Sent on 03/08/2018

The Don CeSar's reply:

Thank You for these wonderfully kind words Adrienne and Matt! Your wedding was a Beautiful Experience! We were so honored and thrilled to be a part of your Special Day! Wishing you all the happiness in the world!
    -Heidi Thixton and the Don Team !

Lauren · Married on 12/17/2017

If you want your wedding to go flawlessly, service to be top notch and your guests to be truly in awe the entire time, book The Don Cesar. The Don Cesar is not the least expensive venue in the area, however, you get what you pay for and this place provides the BEST value for your money. As soon as we arrived, we were immediately treated like family/royalty and we felt as though we were the most VIP guests and the number one priority all weekend. Everyone we encountered from the bellman to the front desk to the pool / restaurant servers to the banquet staff to housekeeping to room service, EVERYONE was so genuinely excited for us and happy to be a part of the biggest day of our lives. I worked with Beth Clark, Senior Catering Sales Manager. She is absolutely wonderful, so knowledgeable, so responsive and above all such a good person. Words cannot express how much we appreciated her spirit and attitude while planning and throughout our day. She was always willing to work with us and for us. We hosted our Rehearsal Dinner (Sea Porch), Welcome Reception (Rowe Bar Pavilion), Wedding Ceremony (Courtyard) and Reception (Grand Ballroom) at the Don. This Hotel offers a wide variety of banquet spaces and food and beverage outlet options, each providing different looks and feels. Because of this, it was a no brainer for us to choose the Don for all events. It was extremely convenient. And we had the confidence of knowing the food, beverage and service would be outstanding for all events! Our guests will not stop raving about the food, it was fantastic!!!! Chef Ricky and his team knocked it out of the park. I could literally go on and on with more details and recommendations because I believe in this venue that much. However, the bottom line is the Don is the reason why our Wedding surpassed our expectations and was better than our wildest dreams. Thank you, Don Cesar Team; we will be forever grateful to you for making our big day the best day.

Sent on 01/06/2018

The Don CeSar's reply:

Thank you Lauren for your lovely review! We are thrilled that you were so pleased with your experience and all of you wedding events here at The Don CeSar! We wish the two of you a lifetime of happiness in your new life together and hope that you will continue to visit us at The Pink Palace for years to come!!
    - Beth Clark & The Don CeSar Team

Stephanie · Married on 12/02/2017

My wedding at the Don was more perfect than I could have ever imagined! Every part of the Don is beautiful, from the building itself to the lobby, the Grand Ballroom, the restaurants, the guest rooms, the courtyard, the pools, and the beach! The entire staff at the Don was wonderful. They were all friendly, helpful, and excited for us! We worked with Beth Clark who was amazing!! She was always quick to respond during the planning process, she was always patient, calm, supportive, and went above and beyond everything we asked! The day of the wedding everyone was extremely calm and excited because we were confident that Beth had everything prepared and under control. We are so glad we had Beth to help us from the weeks leading up to the wedding, to the rehearsal, the wedding day, and farewell brunch. The bartenders, especially Chad are also wonderful. The food prepared by Chef Michael at the wedding was delicious! Our guest all commented on how beautiful the facilities were and how wonderful the staff was. We would not have changed a single thing! Thank you to Beth and all the staff at the Don for working so hard to make everything perfect at our wedding and helping us create beautiful memories!

Sent on 12/09/2017
    The Don CeSar 10
    The Don CeSar 11
    The Don CeSar 12

The Don CeSar's reply:

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and heartfelt review! We were honored to host your big day and so happy that you were able to enjoy every moment! Wishing you both all the best of everything!
    - The Don CeSar Team

Lindsey · Married on 10/27/2017

We had our wedding at the Don Cesar and it was the right choice. Such a beautiful setting and backdrop for such an event. The staff was the best! So organized and helpful and fun. Courtney Blount is amazing and kept everything super organized with ease which is what a girl needs under the stress of wedding planning ;-) highly recommend!!!

Sent on 12/08/2017

The Don CeSar's reply:

Thank you so much for your glowing review! We were honored to be part of such a special day and wish you both all the best...now and always!
    - The Don CeSar Catering Team

Carla · Married on 09/16/2017

The pink palace is the best venue ever. The vintage feel and the beach location cannot be beat. The food WAS THE BEST PART. IT WAS JUST AMAZING. One month later and people are still raving about how amazing the food from the cocktail hour was and how the filet mignon was the best they have ever had. I am such a foodie, so having delicious food at our wedding was the most important thing.
    The staff was simply amazing, kudos to Beth Clark and Claudia Gonzalez, they were my angels throughout the whole process. I went through a lot planning this wedding. My father unexpectedly passed away a few months before my big day and I wanted to cancel but I decided to go through with it, the hotel sent me a beautiful card with their sympathy and were so sweet and nice to me.... it was really hard deciding to still have a big party after losing my father, but he was so happy for me, and he loved my fiance, now husband, so this party was also in his honor. My party favors were little black label bottles, which were his favorite drink. The hotel allowed me to bring those in and helped me sooo so much throughout the whole planning.
    The hotel offers you an amazing menu tasting so you can decide what to serve on your big day.. ours was amazing, and generous...we also had a separate dessert tasting, all included in the price. I am happy that at least my father was able to be with me for the tasting... he enjoyed it so much... the coconut shrimp, the ahi tuna poke and the peruvian ceviche were his favorite... remembering that day with my father puts a big smile on my face.
    Our room was the grand ballroom and we had about 120 guests, which fit PERFECTLY. I would say the spacing was perfect for everyone to walk around, dance, interact and not be cluttered.
    I do have to mention that my wedding almost got canceled because of Hurricane Irma but the Don Cesar performed a miracle and I was able to have my dreamed reception. This venue is the BEST

Sent on 10/16/2017
    The Don CeSar 20
    The Don CeSar 21
    The Don CeSar 22

The Don CeSar's reply:

Thank you so much Carla and congratulations again to you and Matt!! We were so happy to host your wedding at The Don CeSar and are even more thrilled that you were so pleased with your big day! We truly appreciate your kind words and thoughtful comments!

Chris · Married on 08/20/2017

What a beautiful venue for a beach wedding! The staff at the Don took care of our every need and made our daughters dream wedding come true! Briana and Angela are the best!

Sent on 08/26/2017

Maggie · Married on 02/17/2017

Beautiful location and an amazing staff. Wedding was February 18,2017. This was a holiday weekend so guest rooms a little harder to find and more expensive. But the hotel worked with us. Have the wedding in the courtyard then take photo on the breach. We were fortunate that this was not a busy event weekend so we were able to utilize the Courtyard for the ceremony, the south terrace for the reception and the Grand Ballroom for the dinner. What a way to enjoy this beautiful property. Special thanks to Alexandra, Beth from cheers events, Limelight photography and Jennies flowers for capturing mt son and daughter in laws dreams and making them a reality. Even when the weather threatened to turn and rain out the ceremony. They held out till the very last minute and we were able to stay outside. The food and presentation along with the service was first class. Best Place on the beach for a wedding. THANK YOU!!!!!

Sent on 03/09/2017

p · Married on 12/18/2016

It was a dream. I can not say enough wonderful things about Lauren Jones and her crew. Lauren and I had smooth and productive relationship right from the start. I called her and said hi, do you think we can pull off a wedding together in 60 days and she said she's done it before in a week :) Lauren Jones is an intelligent amazing soul that is so wonderful to partner with. She is insightful and efficient in her productions. We had our cocktail overlooking the gulf on the veranda and then moved to the Grand Ballroom for a plated reception. The food and settings were spectacular. Our guests are still talking about it. The majority of our guest flew in from out of town and raved about the resort and beach. There is a spectrum of pricing for all budgets. Thank you, Lauren.

Sent on 04/28/2017

Sidney · Married on 12/02/2016

It was always my dream to get married at the Don and it was better than I could have ever imagined! Lauren at the Don and Beth with Cheers Events took care of everything and were so easy to work with! Thank you ladies!!!!

Sent on 01/20/2017

Allison · Married on 11/12/2016

Everything about our wedding reception at the Don CeSar was perfection! The wedding planning team and staff did so much to make sure our day went smoothly and it was wonderful. Our guests raved about the setting, food and service. We couldn't have picked a better place for our reception than the grand ballroom and look forward to visiting the Don CeSar for our honeymoon! I highly recommend it!

Sent on 01/22/2017

Alessandra · Married on 02/13/2016

This was the perfect location for our ceremony, reception and entire wedding weekend! We started Friday night with the rehearsal dinner, then had the wedding ceremony in the King Charles Ballroom and the reception in the Grand Ballroom Saturday, and ended it all with a Sunday brunch. Lauren Jones was amazing to work with and coordinated everything with my planner, Jessica Ralph from Parties a la Carte. Everyone at the Don was welcoming and provided the most amazing service to us and our guests. It was worth every penny to have the convenience of everything in 1 location. Many of our guests took advantage of the excellent room rate and stayed there Friday and Saturday. The hotel is so elegant and gorgeous on it's own we didn't need to do much to decorate, but all of our decor looked fantastic in the ceremony and reception rooms.

Our wedding weekend included complimentary valet, a beach bed for a day, and a complimentary wedding suit. Not to mention, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting in our room for us when we arrived and when we checked into the bridal suit. This is such a gorgeous venue and the entire staff did everything to make our weekend wonderful and carefree. We can't wait to go back for our 1 year anniversary!

Sent on 02/18/2016

Nicole · Married on 01/09/2016

Words cannot express how AMAZING my wedding here was. We worked with Laura Grey and she was absolutely the most amazing amazing amazing person to work with. She made my wedding the best day of my life. She handled everything with such kindness grace and poise. I left feeling like the Don was my home. Everyone treated my family like their own family and it warmed my heart. At one point a sentimental item was misplaced and Laura personally searched high and low until it was found. I am in awe of Laura and the wonderful staff at the Don. Cheers! -The bride, Nicole Geier

Sent on 01/11/2016

Brittany · Married on 12/12/2015

We got married at the Lowes Don CeSar two weeks ago and had the most amazing weekend of our lives! The hotel was so accommodating to everyone in our block. The rooms were beautiful, the staff was so friendly and helpful, and the hotel is just amazing! We worked with Lauren Jones, who was absolutely fantastic, coordinating with me, my mom, the groom, and the grooms mom!! Lauren made everything go so smoothly and took such great care of us, we really enjoyed the planning process and all our events- a welcome party at the pool, the cocktail hour, and reception were all fabulous. All our guests from out of town had the most amazing beach weekend, and so many of our in-town guests chose to stay and can't wait to go back for mini-vacations. It was the perfect place to have a huge weekend long celebration with all our family and friends and we cannot thank the Don enough for being the perfect place for our wedding!!!

Sent on 12/23/2015

Brian · Married on 07/18/2015

The Don was perfect! From the moment we first inquired about holding the wedding there until the very end of the wedding weekend, every member of the Don was fantastic. Lauren was helpful in guiding us along the way and answering our many questions. The hotel and all its room for the wedding were gorgeous and provided a perfect backdrop for our special day. The food was delicious too, with not a single complaint from any guest. I wouldn't change a thing about our wedding here and would recommend the Don to anyone. I can only say perfect so many times but that describes our entire experience with the Don.

Sent on 11/08/2015

We were so happy we chose to have our wedding and reception at the Don CeSar! Was a spectacular day! They did a wonderful job making sure everything was exactly what we asked for.

Sent on 06/02/2015

Where do I even begin? The Don Cesar has been my favorite Florida landmark since I was a little girl. It was the only option for our wedding. Two weeks after we got engaged, my husband and I set up a meeting with Lauren Jones, THE most wonderful wedding coordinator in the world. The entire wedding experience with the hotel was first class from that meeting, through the wedding day itself...and even now, almost 2 months past. (It's why The Don Cesar just won "Best Hotel" AND "Best Wedding Venue", AGAIN!) My husband and I wouldn't change ANYTHING. The hotel is obviously beautiful. But, it was Lauren and the entire staff that made our wedding day so special. They are easy to communicate with, professional, honest, caring, flexible and eager to accommodate their couples and guests. Even though the hotel has as many weddings as it does each week, we truly were made to feel as though ours was the only one. The food was incredible, the ceremony was picture perfect, and the reception was unforgettable. Every last detail was perfectly executed beyond our wildest dreams. And, on a monetary note, I honestly expected a mind boggling price tag to book The Don Cesar as our wedding venue. IT WASN'T! It was more than reasonable with everything that was included. We loved every minute of our wedding experience with The Don, start to finish. You truly can't go wrong!!!

Sent on 05/28/2015

Not many people can say they got married at the most gorgeous hotel in Florida, and it feels like a dream that I can say yes, "I got married at the Don Cesar!". It was the most incredible day and night of my life. Quinn was a fabulous coordinator with the hotel and ensured that everything ran smooth as silk. The outdoor ceremony was perfect. I was a little worried at first that it wouldn't be so private because it is in a courtyard close to their pool, but that wasn't an issue at all. The reception room was also perfect for our small guest size of 80. We had our own balcony with a view of the amazing ocean, which my family and friends really enjoyed. It was a day I'll never forget and the beautifully pink Don Cesar will always have a special place in my heart.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Laurwn · Married on 01/17/2015

Beautiful venue. Everything looked great. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Sent on 02/17/2015

melissa · Married on 11/29/2014

Everything was perfect. Every email and phone call was responded to in a prompt manner. Everything was planned with less than two months because my venue went out of business. The whole situation could not have been handled any better. Alexandra was great. The staff the night off were amazing. Thank you everybody at Don CeSar you truly know what you're doing. Thank you!!

Oh and the food was amazing. Everybody loved it.

Sent on 12/07/2014