The Deco Catering Reviews

48 | Minneapolis, MN

48 Reviews for The Deco Catering

• Lisa

Lisa K. · Married on 10/19/2019

Deco was so accommodating!

We had a limited list of vendors to chose from for food and beverage. Not only was Deco the most affordable option, but the food was great too. Danielle was extremely responsive and easy to work with. She let us pay in multiple installments and special ordered Busch Light for my Dad, Fulton Seltzer for me and made sure to order a special meal to accommodate my dietary restrictions. We had light passed apps with a plated dinner. There was one small miscommunication about the open hours for the bar, but the staff on site quickly remedied it and Danielle addressed it afterwards as well.

Sent on 12/11/2019

Anna D. · Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing Experience

Deco was so great to work with. They went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect and were so accommodating to all of our requests. They were incredibly reasonably priced, and the food was absolutely amazing! We got married 1.5 months ago and people are still telling us that they had the best food they've ever had at a wedding at our reception. We definitely recommend them!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Brittany J. · Married on 04/05/2019

Wonderful, beautiful food!

We used Deco for our wedding and we could not be happier! We have gotten SO many compliments on the food. Deco also provided our wedding cake, which looked beautiful and tasted great! I highly recommend Deco!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Anne · Married on 04/22/2018

We had a wonderful experience working with Heikki and the Deco crew - as others note, Heikki is extraordinarily responsive and we loved their flexibility. We knew right away we wanted to work with Deco as we remembered their food being great at a friend's wedding, and once we saw their extremely reasonable prices, we moved forward right away. The team was extremely professional on the day of the wedding and everything went flawlessly! Got rave reviews for the food all around.

Sent on 06/09/2018
  • Marie

Marie · Married on 12/03/2017

Food was the most important part of my wedding to me. Deco helped me decide how many appetizers I needed, and what food service I needed. And they were willing and able to accommodate those with allergies, and even brought in lefsa! (a family favorite)

Sent on 01/18/2018

Andrea · Married on 08/18/2017

Deco was honestly the best. Heikki was so responsive throughout the process. The food and presentation on my wedding day were amazing. I honestly was so impressed. But not only was I impressed but my guests were shocked. I had so many people come up to me during and even days after the wedding and the first thing they said was the quality of food was the best they have ever had. Deco is a quality run catering company and I would recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 08/24/2017

Taylor · Married on 07/01/2017

AMAZING!!!! Seriously amazing. They were willing to work with our budget and wishes to have a different wedding menu. We did burgers and pretzels! They are super responsive and do a great job. Especially Heather Asbury. She is amazing and literally gets back to you within an hour every time. Ask to work with her. Literally my favorite person/vendor out of everyone who I had to deal with during 18 months of wedding planning. HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 03/02/2017

Barb · Married on 06/17/2017

The buffet was beautifully presented with ample amounts of everything. The guests expressed multiple compliments about the flavor and quality of the food.

Sent on 07/02/2017

Dawne · Married on 06/12/2017

Deco's food was heaven on a plate. Our guests raved and their service was impeccable. They guided us on menu selection and helped create food that honored our respective cultures and was vegetarian friendly. Heikki and team rocked this celebration and exceeded our expectations!!!

Sent on 06/27/2017
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 04/29/2017

Deco was so easy to work with for our wedding at Aria in Minneapolis. The food was delicious, beautifully presented, and our guests raved about it. Very happy we chose to work with them as our caterer.

Sent on 05/22/2017

Jill · Married on 03/18/2017

We could not have been happier with our choice of Deco for our Aria wedding. We planned our wedding from out of town, and initially picked Deco because Heikki was so responsive and easy to work with by e-mail. We can not stress this enough - the response time and attentiveness was incredible. The food was delicious and we heard many compliments from our guests (including that it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding). Deco even thought of bringing along paper plates for our late pizza (not even ordered through Deco.) They were great!

Sent on 03/22/2017

Kelsey · Married on 01/28/2017

I chose my wedding venue (413 on Wacouta) so that I could hire Deco Catering for my wedding. Their positive reviews, reputation, and menu contributed to us hiring Deco Catering for our wedding. I cannot tell you how many guests at our wedding told us it was the best wedding food they had ever had. I was elated because that is exactly why I hired Deco Catering.

At our initial tasting with Deco Catering, the food blew us away. Everything was plated beautifully, seasoned properly, and cooked to perfection. We chose our favorite appetizers and entrees easily and decided to go with a buffet. I knew I wanted the Deco Catering buffet because of the amount of dishes included for my guests. I wanted them to feel as if they were at a King's feast of delicious delicacies and I feel that we accomplished that.

The salmon and beef tenderloin were absolute perfection. They were 5 star quality and I saw several guests go back for seconds. The floral centerpiece, tiered fruit display, and plating of the buffet blew people away. I received so many compliments I cannot even explain!

Deco Catering exceeded our expectations which were pretty high. It was the best wedding food people had every experienced. I highly recommend hiring Deco Catering for their class, customer service, attention to detail and DELICIOUS food! You cannot go wrong with this family owned and operated business! #staylocal

Sent on 02/07/2017

Kerry · Married on 08/26/2016

We got so many compliments on our food. Not only was it delicious the presentation was spectacular!! Would highly recommend them for any wedding or event!!!

Sent on 03/02/2017

Morgan · Married on 06/25/2016

The Deco has hands down the best food I've ever had from a catering company. The staff are awesome to work with. We were invited back for a second tasting after they had added new meal choices to their menu because they were so excited for us to try them. I would 100% recommend this caterer.

Sent on 07/17/2016

Jena · Married on 05/28/2016

Deco is the best!!! We had them cater our wedding at Aria last weekend, and it was one of the best decisions we made while wedding planning. The food was delicious (we kept hearing over and over how good it was from guests), the service was excellent, and they are SO easy to work with. Our photographer commented that when he saw the Deco truck pull up, he knew he'd be eating really well! Their pricing is also extremely reasonable, especially considering the quality of the food and service. If you want a beautiful and delicious buffet without any planning headaches, hire Deco!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Jena · Married on 05/28/2016

Sent on 12/02/2016
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 11/07/2015

From the first tasting, the Deco team was a breeze to work with, and their food was incredible. Heikki always responded to phone calls and emails quickly and with all the information we needed (we were planning our wedding from out of town, so responsiveness was important)! We also worked with them on dessert, which everyone at the wedding loved. Having a Scandinavian company cater our MN wedding was also a plus for us!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Deco Catering was impressive from the first taste test. Every entree choice was amazing and far exceeds any other wedding food we have tasted. The food was fresh, well thought out, and of highest quality. The service was extremely professional and everyone loved what they ordered. We are so happy we chose Deco Catering for our wedding.

Sent on 11/14/2015

We had an absolutely phenomenal experience with Deco Catering. The owners were friendly, professional, and responsive. They provided a free tasting and wide variety of menu options. The food itself was *amazing* - we received many compliments that it was the best wedding food our guests had ever tasted, and we agree. The presentation was beautiful, and the staff were excellent. One suggestion - bring large food containers to the venue, as they will pack up delicious leftovers for you, but you need to have your own containers. Deco was also very reasonably priced compared to other quotes we received, and the quality exceeded our expectations. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/15/2015

Amy · Married on 07/03/2015

Deco provided us with the most amazing food for our wedding. We could not have been happier with the presentation, taste, and professionalism of the company. Heikki was excellent to work with. Our tasting was just as amazing as the food prepared on our wedding night. I have received so many compliments for having such good food at our wedding! WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND DECO for any catering needs.

Sent on 07/12/2015

Anna · Married on 10/25/2014

My husband and I used Deco Catering for our Oct 2014 wedding and we LOVED working with them. They were very Minnesota-nice and helpful from our first contact with them all the way until after our wedding. We received SO MANY compliments on our food from all of our guests. We heard this a lot, "this is the best wedding food I have ever had". Not only do you get a ton of food but many different varieties and the arrangement of the buffet was BEAUTIFUL! The display of food was artistic. They provided us with a private tasting and everything we tried was amazing so it was really difficult to choose what we had. We ended up doing a buffet style dinner with two meat options (stuffed chicken breasts and beef tenderloin) and that came with fresh fruit, 5 different salads (and I am not just talking about lettuce salads people there were pasta options as well), bread, cheese speads, potatoes, rice, seasonal roasted vegetables and a free vegetarian option (we chose lasagna). EVERYTHING was amazing! I would most definitely recommend Deco!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Hannah · Married on 08/29/2014

We were so pleased with the quality of service provided by The Deco. And the food was out of this world amazing! I would recommend them to everyone. Still craving their food!

Sent on 09/13/2014

Working with Heikki at Deco Catering was a real joy. He was always very responsive, friendly and eager to please. We received many compliments on the quality of the food. We had salmon and beef tenderloin that people loved. The appetizers were also great. We could not have been more pleased. We so enjoyed working with Deco. Heikki was flexible with our guest count up to the last few days. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/24/2014

Jessica · Married on 12/07/2013

The Deco catering was amazing to work with. Heikki and Soile were both wonderful and very open to our ideas for our wedding menu. We did butler passed appetizers during cocktail hour and a served plated dinner. The food turned out great, our guests are still raving about it. Overall, they were easy to communicate with, responsive to our requests and provided great service the day of. I would highly recommend working with them.

Sent on 12/22/2013

Julie · Married on 09/28/2013

Sensational food; many of our guests said this was the best wedding food they had ever had. Every plate was gorgeous! A rep from the venue worked with the catering staff to create beautiful tables using my random stuff. Excellent food service. Team leader was easy to find and work with. It was important to have an excellent vegetarian option for our guests, but we preferred the vegan option and selected it. Solle suggested that we put a different cake on each table. Our guests loved this opportunity to socialize with neighboring tables to find a favorite. And Deco's cakes were phenomenal.

Sent on 10/21/2013