Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

17 Reviews for The Crystal Gardens

Specialty Beer (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
15 The Crystal Gardens Reviews

Kerry Bowler is the bomb!! She treated us like her life depended on it! I don't have enough words to describe her and the Crystal Gardens team but I'll try: professional, punctual, nice people (inside and out), accommodating, approachable, flexible. It's endless. I would do my wedding again right here and with these same people.

Profile Picture Janet, 8/26/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

Our wedding reception at Crystal Gardens was amazing! The venue was beautiful and so unique. The guests were blown away by the ambiance the trees, fountains and Ferris wheel provided. We got so many comments. The food and wait staff were great as well! I cannot recommend this location enough!

Profile Picture User7440908, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Crystal Gardens at Navy Pier was the perfect place for our daughter's wedding! Michelle Mori was such an easy person to work with. Michelle helped with all the planning and her advice was invaluable. She was very quick to respond too all questions or concerns. The food was delicious The night was even more beautiful than we imagined!

Profile Picture Renee, 10/15/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are SO happy we decided on this wonderful location for our wedding. Kaylan was a joy to work with: so responsive, responsible, and helpful, efficient, honest, and straight to the point. She managed so much up until the very last second - thank you, Kaylan! As for the location, when we first walked in, we knew this was the venue to beat: the trickling fountains, the green flora, the singing birdies, the gorgeous light fixtures, the outdoor feel with indoor comfort, the quirky fairgrounds, the lake... What made our choice a no-brainer was the surprisingly reasonable price for the partial space, which includes Kaylan's hard work, amazingly tasty catering of drinks and foods by Phil Stefani, and a nice selection of linens. The entire experience was absolutely magical. Two tips: Tip No 1: The partial space is perfect! Don't worry about feeling exposed or too public - the wooden shutters block out people and the security guards do a spectacular job keeping crashers out. And sound travels so poorly that outside noise never makes it into your space... which brings me to Tip No 2: Sound travels really poorly in the gardens, so MAKE SURE you have a good sound system, usually provided by your DJ or band. Crystal Gardens FTW!!!

Profile Picture Rebekka, 8/13/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Event Planning, Set Up, Wheelchair Access

We loved the venue and they worked with us on everything from decor to food to last minute requests.

Profile Picture User5127630, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at the crystal gardens exceeded our expectations.We chose the venue because it is downtown and would be a great way for our out of town guests to experience the city. It is a beautiful location and nothing beats the lit up ferris wheel as a backdrop. However, what made our experience wholesome was the service provided by the staff including our coordinator Michelle. She was patient and accommodating even as our guest count kept growing and all the complications that came with that. Our guests loved every bit of it, the food, the presentation, the service and so did we. We would confidently recommend The Crystal Gardens to any one!

Profile Picture Tolu, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is beyond magical. Sparkling lights and dancing water fountains, fireworks on summer Saturday nights on your own private patio overlooking the lake and city skyline, beautiful soaring trees and pretty plants lining the bases, the Ferris Wheel blinking in the background....simply breathtaking. The food that Phil Stefani catering provides is phenomenal and the staff was so nice and attentive the whole night. The food/beverage minimum (and minimal ceremony fees) needed to rent this venue for a Saturday summer wedding ceremony and reception were definitely high, even without factoring in tax and tip...but it included a high-end open bar, multi-course plated dinner, and a cocktail hour with appetizers, basic linens, votive candles, a dance floor, full staff, and all place settings. My husband and I spent nearly 50% of our wedding budget on the venue because we knew it would be worth cutting corners elsewhere on the budget to make our dream a reality. We both agreed by the end of it that it was worth every penny. We were able to do minimal flowers because the venue was so gorgeous on its own, and minimal table decor as well. Our ceremony here was beautiful and again required minimal decor, as we used the fountains as a natural arch to stand under and the chairs with tied chair covers provided by the venue. The room flip from ceremony to reception during the cocktail hour on the patio was seamless, and the reception area was all ready to go and looked amazing when dinner came around. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the venue was once the sun started to set and the twinkle lights came up, but they were all blown away by the private patio with a view of the Navy Pier Fireworks display. Some guests even said our wedding was like something you would see in a movie! The venue really was that impressive. It even topped my husband and I's expectations of how wonderful our wedding could be. If you want to wow you and guests alike, get married here.

Profile Picture Sidney, 8/8/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Could not have asked for a better venue. It was the wedding of my dreams!! Michelle was so helpful and accomatating. She genuinely cares about your needs and will always make time for you. She will try and make every request work. Everything went smoothly and as planned. (What more could a bride ask for?!) the food was amazing and everything turned out beautiful. We are still getting complements on both almost 4 months later! The venues beauty speaks for itself. We had both the wedding ceremony and reception here and it was like two completely different venues. Gorgeous in the daylight and once it got dark it was like a whole new place. It accommodated our 250 guests easily and there was more than enough room for everyone. We were able to take pictures on the carousel which was so fun and turned out great! I cannot recommend this venue enough. I couldn't have asked for a better place to have my wedding and would have it there all over again! It made you feel like you were outdoors during the day without the worries of Chicago weather (a definite unneeded stressor on the wedding day). All the guests were comfortable so the heat was not a problem either (as the wedding was in July). Thank you Michelle and crystal gardens for helping to make the wedding of our dreams a reality! This day will never be forgotten! Cannot cleat thank you enough!!

Profile Picture User5614313, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough good things about Crystal Gardens. When we starting looking for our venue, this was at the top of our list. It's such a unique venue with all the greenery and lights hanging down from the glass ceiling. We ended up having our ceremony and reception here. The entire planning process with our coordinator was flawless. Our coordinator was super responsive and accommodating. Our guests raved about the food and venue itself. Definitely money well spent for excellent food, service, and incredible location!

Profile Picture Eugenya, 6/6/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kaylan and the team at the Crystal Gardens rocked! I feel like they worked with us on everything and had no interest in "nickel and diming" us along the way. They actually let us design the entire menu, from apps to entrée and didn't charge a penny extra. A month or so before the wedding we wanted to make a change that reduced the cost a bit (we got rid of a dessert) and they had no problem letting us do so. But most importantly they were GREAT to work with. The Chef was kind and accommodating, the staff that evening were spot on, and the venue was gorgeous. And oh, by the way, they don't charge for use of the room! As long as you use Phil Stefani as the caterer - the room is free! Try finding that somewhere else downtown. Everything was pretty much perfect - we can't think of even one hiccup when it come to the Crystal Gardens. They even did a smaller second tasting for us when we wanted to change some of out own ideas around! All in all, they were gracious, flexible, kind, generous, and delightful to work with. We couldn't recommend them more.

Profile Picture Stacy, 3/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

Where to start? This venue was incredible. My husband and I wanted a very Chicago wedding...we completely overlooked Navy Pier because we figured it would be way out of our budget. Finally, we stopped by and were blown away when we found out it was right in our range. We originally started with a coordinator named Sharon and she was amazing to work with. Two months until our reception, she moved on to another job and we received a new coordinator, Kaylan. I was really nervous to start working with someone else but Kaylan was amazing. She went over and above everything I needed and was great to work with. She makes the whole process seamless and I worried about nothing.

The venue itself is beautiful. When you see it during the day, its gorgeous, but NOTHING compared to what it looks like on your wedding night. It was dark, had beautiful uplighting, there were hanging Christmas lights, and the Ferris wheel lit up the entire place. It was incredible and our guests were speechless. I may be biased because it was my own wedding, but the food was the best wedding food I have ever eaten and my guests agreed. Every single guest had something to say about the venue....they were all so impressed. I highly recommend you check this place out!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 11/8/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is a wonderful venue!!! Sharon was lovely to work with and responsible. The food was beyond amazing. Our guests were so pleased and so were we. If we could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing!!!!

Profile Picture Suzanne, 6/14/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding looked amazing at Crystal Gardens. We picked the best venue ever! Everyone was in AWE! The staff there was beyond helpful and attentive. The atmosphere is beautiful and fun. The Ferris Wheel lights, the dangling lights, the fireworks, the trees, everything made the venue wonderful and different! We loved it and our guests did too!

Profile Picture Jessica , 8/25/12, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my dream wedding at The Crystal Gardens in Chicago. The venue is STUNNING and very unique, if like me, you weren't looking for that whole ballroom feel. The wedding coordinators (I worked with Samantha) couldn't have been better! She worked with us from day one, and we emailed constantly. She answered my million questions and there was not one thing I would have changed. The food is by Phil Stefani and it is all SO good! If you book in the summer months, you also get fireworks, which is just the icing on the cake. I am so thankful to the team at The Crystal Gardens that made everything so perfect! Guests are still talking about it today :)

Profile Picture Jen, 10/1/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful facility, great food, and good value.

Profile Picture PAUL, 1/28/07, 5 Reviews