The Cordial Cricket Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
    Angela Married on 10/20/2014
    Elizabeth of The Cordial Cricket is so great to work with! She knew my colors before our appointment and had several samples for me to choose from - and I found the one I loved! She helped me step by step to choose the correct wording and had everything complete for me within a short time period - which I know took some magic on her part! She is so knowledgeable when it comes to proper etiquette and I couldn't think of a better person to get my invitations from! I highly recommend her and her services to any future brides!
  • User1847480 2+ years ago
    Working with Elizabeth was absolutely awesome! I met with a number of wedding planners prior to choosing Elizabeth and she was by far the most professional. She was very responsive, which is very important to an over-stressed bride. She also assisted us in identifying and selecting some of the best vendors in the greater Richmond area. Without her, our wedding would have been much more stressful and much less enjoyable! Highly recommend!!
    Michael Married on 06/28/2014
    My wife and I got married at Tuckahoe Plantation which requires a great deal of planning and coordination. We met with several wedding planners and Elizabeth blew them all away. I'll be honest, I was surprised by the expense of all of them (Elizabeth was competitive) but by the end you couldn't have paid me enough to handle the logistics. She was incredible and more than worth it.

She recommended a great photographer, music coordinator / band and rental company. She attended every substantive meeting with vendors and was always accessible by email or phone. In several instances, our respective families proved a bit challenging and Elizabeth perfectly handled the situation with tactfulness and ease.

Overall, she made our wedding fantastic. We couldn't have been happier and will continue to sing her praises. Thank you!
    Emily Married on 05/10/2014
    Wonderful is an understatement! I couldn't have done this without the help of Elizabeth!
    Ashley Married on 04/12/2014
    Elizabeth was amazing. She truly takes all the stress out of planning a wedding!
  • User1615482 2+ years ago
    Elizabeth and the Cordian Cricket were by far money well spent. It is because of them that the wedding went off without a hitch. Throughout the entire process Elizabeth was a breath of fresh air.. making sure everything was exactly how we wanted it, in budget, and a stress free experience for all involved. It's safe to say we couldn't have done it without her. We would HIGHLY recommend the Cordial Cricket without a hesitation of doubt!
    Melissa Married on 11/09/2013
    Elizabeth was wonderful to work with. She made the stress of picking the prefect invitations go away. Elizabeth was so knowledgeable and helpful! I will always recommend Elizabeth to friends and family.
    Afton Married on 11/02/2013
    Elizabeth was an absolute delight to work with! She made our visions and dreams come to life but was very honest about what could and couldn't work while keeping the big picture and budget in mind. Elizabeth never steered us in a direction we were't comfortable with and she used everyone's time efficiently, she's the queen of organization and I hope I have the chance to work with her again someday!
    Ranjana Married on 10/19/2013
    Elizabeth Howard made our event stress free and fun.
  • User1355555 2+ years ago
    Elizabeth and her team at The Cordial Cricket welcomed my husband and I with open arms. We came to her about 6 months before the wedding and she whipped up the perfect timeline to ensure that everything I envisioned would come true. Both my husband and I work full time, so the ability to meet with Elizabeth and vendors was limited; however, Elizabeth was extemely responsive through email and phone, making the entire process so easy. Not only does she know how to move fast, but the quality and professionalism of her work will also reflect very well on your wedding overall. I would highly recommend partnering with The Cordial Cricket if you're looking to make your dream wedding come true.
  • User1320393 2+ years ago
    Outstanding service and wedding planning that exceeded our expectations
  • User1319022 2+ years ago
    Finding invitations was a huge stress for me at my wedding. Originally, my mom wanted to make our own, or go to Party City for the cheaper versions but that was too overwhelming, and VERY stressful. So last minute we went to Cordial Cricket downtown as a last ditch effort and I am so so so thankful we did. They made the process so easy! We regretted not going there in the first place. You sit at a large table and flip through books that they help you narrow down what you are looking for. (P.s- start with what colors you want, because some designers don't have matching colors so that will help you narrow the search down) The woman who helped us let us pull out the invitations we liked, from different designers, and laid them all out on the table for us to compare instead of leaving them in the bulky books. I think I had 10 different pages from 3 different books pulled out to compare and that helps so much.

I cannot thank Cordial Cricket enough. Our invitations turned out perfect! So thankful for their advice on invitations
    Mary K. Married on 08/10/2013
    After searching high and low in the southeastern part of Virginia for a wedding planner, I finally found Elizabeth and her team at Cordial Cricket. They exceeded my expectations in every single way, from design and organization of the event to execution of the wedding and any necessary follow up after the fact. Of all the wedding-related expenses, The Cordial Cricket carried the most value and proved to be the best design we made along the way!
    Lauren C. Married on 07/27/2013
    Working with The Cordial Cricket was a pleasure! Elizabeth is extremely talented and was always willing to give us her opinion and advice when we needed it. She referred us to many vendors who were all absolutely fantastic! If I could recommend any piece of advice to a newly engaged couple planning their wedding it would be to hire The Cordial Cricket event planning!! It was by far the best decision that we made! Before I got to know Elizabeth I read a review from one of her previous clients and she said that the absolute best part about working with her is that you leave with a friendship...that is a very true statement!! Elizabeth is a very sweet, helpful, and determined person who will make your special day a true success!
  • User1275625 2+ years ago
    We were fortunate enough to work with Elizabeth on our wedding on July 22, 2013 in Charleston. We had thought and discussed about having a wedding planner but were worried about getting our value with the costs. Luckily, Elizabeth crossed our path, and proved us wrong a hundred times over. Not only did we get our value from her services, the advice given throughout the planning process, the piece of mind provided day of, and the professionalism was worth it all. While this is your wedding, your big day, Elizabeth treats it as it is her own. She takes pride in making sure you as a bride get to be present in every moment, and not worrying about the details and what maybe going wrong. I would recommend Elizabeth every day to any bride in Charleston - small or large group. When it is all said and done, you will walk away with a new friend that was with you every step of the way in your process.
    Maria Married on 05/25/2013
    My husband and I worked with Elizabeth at The Cordial Cricket for our Save the Dates and Invitations - and we couldn't be happier with the experience! Elizabeth was so patient with me as I flipped through book after book of samples, looking for the perfect save the date and invitation. She helped make sure we got exactly what we were looking for in style and budget-wise.
  • User967875 2+ years ago
    Elizabeth Howard and Jennifer Eschbach are the nicest most professional people to have on your wedding team. Every E-mail and call is promptly answered and ideas and suggestions given. The day of the wedding was completely stress free for me because they did their job to perfection. Highly recommend!!
  • Libbe
    Libbe Married on 06/02/2012
    So helpful!! We met at a bridal show and it was a done deal after that! My husband and I couldn't have asked for an easier experience. Found invitations well within budget. The process was so easy and simple to understand. Highly, highly recommend Elizabeth and her keen eye!
    Carman Married on 05/12/2012
    Elizabeth was my absolutely favorite vendor to work with. I loved my invitations so much, we have one framed in our house! She is a fantastic guide of etiquette and her selection is just right. I love the classic look of letterpress and thought it was out of my price range, but her vendor was within our budget! And they were wonderful to work with.

I continue to use Elizabeth regularly for all my stationery needs and I highly recommend her for your wedding!
    Tina Married on 04/21/2012
    The experience went well looking for the invitations. Alot to choose from and the service was excellent.
    Meghan Married on 12/03/2011
    I chose to use The Cordial Cricket due to their great reputation, and once I visited their store front in Chester, I knew Elizabeth was exactly who I wanted to work with! Elizabeth met with us several times (including at The Cordial Cricket's new West End location), making sure we got exactly what we wanted. Elizabeth was conscientious of our budget and helped us get exactly what we were looking for in our price range (letterpress)! Not only that, Elizabeth provided valuable guidance on invitation etiquette and her overall friendly demeanor made us instantly comfortable.

The entire process from start to finish was wonderful--including the proofing process which was not only very quick--but also very correct! Our wedding invitations turned out absolutely gorgeous and we received so many compliments from family and friends.The Cordial Cricket has a beautiful variety of both modern and traditional invitations and I believe they can help any bride find the perfect invitation for her event! I cannot say enough great things about out experience with The Cordial Cricket and will highly recommend them to friends and will use them for future needs!
  • Karen
    Karen Married on 04/30/2011
    Our invitations were perfect! Everyone loved how different they were. The printer had originally printed our invitations on a slant, it was amazing how the owner Elizabeth responded and made this right so quickly and thoroughly. I can't say enough good things :)
    Karen and Michael Curtis
    Sara Married on 10/09/2010
    I wish I could check higher than 5/5 for some of these areas! Working with Elizabeth and the Cordial Cricket was amazing! We always felt like we had her utmost attention and never felt rushed to make important wedding decisions. She was able to offer advice on etiquette and ways to be more economical, both of which were greatly appreciated. Not only did Elizabeth help us pick out the perfect invitations/programs/menus, she followed up to make sure we were completed satisfied after our products came in. I would absolutely recommend the Cordial Cricket to anyone and everyone due to the level of expertise they provide and the all around wonderful experience we had there. Thank you!!
    Stephanie Married on 09/25/2010
    Beautiful store and a wonderful selection!
    Hana Married on 07/17/2010
    I really enjoyed working with the Cordial Cricket for my wedding invitations. I thought the selection they offered was excellent, and their knowledge of stationary and invitation etiquette was very helpful. At times it was a bit frustrating to be have limited flexibility on the part of the stationary companies (e.g. limited to certain colors, not being able to see a full color proof online before sending the invitations to the printer)- but the staff at the Cordial Cricket made sure we were aware of that from the beginning and helped us to make the best decision with what we were given. My invitations turned out BEAUTIFULLY, I had so many wonderful comments and I couldn't have been happier with the final product. I fully recommend them to anyone who needs invitations or stationary for any event!