The Claridge Hotel Reviews

33 | Atlantic City, NJ

33 Reviews for The Claridge Hotel

Our daughters entire wedding was held at the Claridge. It was beautiful and flawlessly executed. The hotel is a classic and provides a sophisticated and elegant setting without being pretentious. As this was a destination wedding, all of our guest thoroughly enjoyed the ambiance and amenties of the hotel while taking advantage of the excellent location to visit the beach and casinos. James Sacco the wedding and event manager was very professional and ensured that the day went seamlessly. The Twenties restaurant catered the reception and hosted the rehearsal dinner, the food was creative and delicious. My daughter and her new husband thought they had the best wedding ever, all our guests were pleased and very happy that they made the trip. You can't ask for anything better than that!

Sent on 11/12/2015

Kristen · Married on 08/17/2019

Beautiful summer wedding!

I was recently married at the Claridge in the grand ballroom and got a lot of rave reviews from guests about the wedding! People loved the food, the cocktail hour in the art gallery, and the grand ballroom. We had about 150 guests and had plenty of room without it being too spread out. We had a few children attend, and they were able to play together without disturbing guests. Jamie Robinson was a pleasure to work with! She was very responsive and attended to everything we needed. The room looked beautiful and the staff did a great job at keeping to the timeline we set up. Curtis McNulty, who handed the room block, was also great to work with and quickly resolved any issues we had. There were a few negatives, but they were mostly regarding room keys not working. My sister wasn't happy with her vegetarian entree, but all of the other food was great. Some people had trouble making a reservation with the room block, but we were able to resolve those issues. The wedding went very well and the Claridge was a great value and easy to work with!

Sent on 08/22/2019

Ramona · Married on 11/04/2017

We were married on 11/04/2017 The Claridge Hotel was our dream come true for the reception, so much history of Atlantic City charm it's an absolutely breathtaking hotel. Our wedding coordinator Kacie and her staff were beyond amazing the service and food was perfect. We can't thank Kacie and The Claridge Hotel enough for making our special day very memorable!

Sent on 07/08/2018

Tom · Married on 09/22/2018

The Claridge provided the perfect venue for our September 2018 wedding. The planning and on site staff was extremely gracious and ensured our guests had an excellent time and planning was seamless.

Sent on 10/08/2018

What an unbelievably memorable experience. My mother still has a photo of when my father proposed to her outside of The Claridge Hotel in 1973! We were nervous when we heard The Claridge had new ownership, again. We heard the renovations had come a long way and were beautiful, and the second we stepped on the property we knew it was going to be something special. The second you walk in the lobby you are struck with the rich history of the hotel; with its authentically looking old furniture, and extremely gaudy accents, the hotel looks like it has been preserved in a 1920's time capsule. After working out some scheduling, and months of typical wedding stress, we were not let down when we finally got into their new water-view ballroom that was not even completed when we initially looked at the hotel! The ballroom has enormous elegant chandeliers, and continues that same old style feel that the rest of the hotel has, plus it has huge ocean facing windows that look right over Brighton Park to the boardwalk / Atlantic. They provided the catering, which we were complimented heavily on. Being that it is a hotel, we had the benefits of getting rooms right there, and being able to let people stay rather than drive. As we all know, there are many casinos in this town, and uncountable ballrooms and banquet halls etc. The Claridge did so much more than give us a large room, they provided an incredible experience all the way around. Did I mention the rooms have the same old 1920's look the rest of the hotel has? Every accent in the hotel is perfect. We had many families come in, and immediately book rooms for summer vacations. They love that the hotel is smoke-free, and although it does not have a casino, it is connected via a breezeway, so the adults still had some fun after the kiddies went to sleep. My parents were brought to tears several times while walking around the hotel from the memories. Thank you Claridge Hotel for the best weekend of my life from me and my family.

Sent on 06/10/2015
  • Juliane

Juliane Kelleher · Married on 08/17/2019

Historical Gem

The Claridge is a beautiful venue for a wedding, and I was truly happy my daughter chose this historic hotel for her reception. The day of the wedding went as flawlessly as any large event could, and we were very pleased. Getting there was a little bumpy, however, as the Claridge seemed to be going through a period of transition, and we had to deal with multiple wedding coordinators during the course of our planning year. Our first one was excellent and our last one was excellent, so I guess that is all that matters! If you have a room block for your guests, leave time and patience for the check-process - that is where we had multiple of our problems.

Sent on 11/07/2019

Diana · Married on 07/03/2017

My daughter’s wedding was a beautiful affair- - the food was excellent, the servers were professional and polite, and park setting was very special. Most of the credit has to go to the Wedding Sales Manager, James - he saw our event through from beginning to end over any and all rough spots. The sudden change in caterers would have been a disaster if not for James taking charge and making things right. However, there were several problems which took away from my giving this venue a top rating:
    • The rehearsal dinner was a huge disappointment. Our wedding took place during the 4th of July weekend when it was almost impossible to book a nearby restaurant, so we went with the Claridge. The food and the service were terrible, and I was extremely embarrassed.
    • When we booked the Claridge, one of the deciding factors was that the hotel agreed to upgrade the liquor package- specifically, they were to give us Johnny Walker Black instead of Johnny Walker Red. We had this in writing in the contract. My son-in-law discovered this was not the case when he asked for Johnny Walker Black during the reception.
    • During the reception, the table arrangement was not what I had decided on; as a result, several tables of guests could not see what was going on.
    The outdoor ceremony itself was wonderful- the weather, the setup, the timing were all done perfectly. Despite the glitches mentioned above, I was overwhelmed when I was James waiting to see us off at the beginning of the procession.
    The cocktail hour was also excellent. There were so many stations and servers that no one ended up waiting in line for food (which was delicious). Having the cocktail hour in the art gallery was so unique; our guests loved it.
    The brunch was even better that we expected. There was plenty of seating for our guests and the servers were on top of things. The Ocean View room is beautiful during a sunny day, and I would highly recommend it for a brunch (not dinner- too dingy).

Sent on 09/10/2017

Samantha · Married on 08/04/2018

0.4
      0.5

DO NOT USE THIS VENUE!!! We had the worst experiences here. The hotel elevators are so slow they made us late to our own events. The elevators dropped on two sets of guests and they literally had to climb out. Worst of all, the wedding coordinator was incredibly rude to everyone including my officiant and DJ and the wedding guests when things don't go her way. Kacie R pretty much ruined any nice wedding experience we could have had. We spent all day getting locked out of our rooms because the keys wouldn't work. We ended up with over 3 dozen keys between 3 rooms. The elevators had a 10-15 minute wait every single time you needed to use them. i had to walk through the staff area and take the steps in my ballgown WHICH RIPPED so we could make it in time because the elevators are too unreliable. The heat was pumping during the ceremony and cocktail hour. The beef they served us was terrible and insanely small portions. They couldn't even be bothered to press the linens for the tables before setting them. None of the hotel staff or managers performed their jobs anywhere near efficiently. My experience for my wedding was a nightmare and they think they giving a honeymoon suite after the fact fixes the damages they did.

Not only that, but they also disputed my very legitimate review on weddingwire.com knowing full well what they did. From the moment I started booking and PAID IN FULL to the actual day, it was a nightmare. They gave me the wrong promo code to give out to my guests so everyone had issues booking rooms. They comped us one room for this mess up and it ended up screwing up my room for me and my husband in return. They also extended reception a half hour for the elevators, thinking that did enough justice for the disasters they created, but little did I know at the time that the elevators had dropped on people.

These people are completely unprofessional, specifically Kacie R and how she spoke to my bridal party and my guests and vendors.

Sent on 08/09/2018