21 Reviews for The Claridge Hotel

Glassware (2)
Valet (2)
Uncovered Outdoor (1)
Scenic Views (1)
All Inclusive Packages (1)
Event Planning (1)
Event Rentals (1)
In-House Catering (1)
Stations (1)
21 The Claridge Hotel Reviews

I fell in love with the venue the moment I walked into the lobby. The wedding and social sales manager Kacie Rattigan's professionalism, knowledge and expertise was superb and made the entire experience that much more enjoyable. The rates are extremely affordable for the location and venue choice. I highly recommend reaching out to Kacie for your wedding, I promise you, you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Sabrina, 11/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Valet, Indoor, Accommodations, In-House Catering

wedding was absolutely perfect. We had our ceremony & cocktail hour at the Vue and the wedding in the Grand Ballroom. Everything went so smooth and flowed perfectly from one event to the next. We had 180 people for a sit down dinner of filet & fish and everyome raved about their meals being delicious, hot and cooked perfectly. Thamks to Kacie the planner and Lance the banquet manager for making my wedding absolutely perfect!!

Profile Picture Christine, 8/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, Event Planning, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking

I had the pleasure of working with Kacie for my wedding a couple of weeks ago, & all I have to say is thank God for her! I provided her with all of my decorations with instructions on how I wanted a few things and since I felt that I could really trust her, I told her to just take control & just take care of everything how she sees fit. When I walked into the reception, it was AMAZING! She beyond exceeded my expectations & because of her, everything turned out so beautiful! If there were any issues through the night, I didn't know about it, she just handled it and made it work. She was so sweet & patient with everyone from me being the chaotic bride that I was, to all of our families and guests, everyone who met her absolutely adored her and everything she did to help make our day as special & beautiful as it could be. Kacie not only took the time and care to set everything up for us, but she took the time in then end to make sure we left with everything we needed to bring, & even went above & beyond to even help us load up our parents cars so that I could enjoy & say goodbye to all of our guests. It was definitely a night I will never forget, and for all great reasons!

Profile Picture Christina, 7/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough great things about having my wedding at The Claridge Hotel. From the initial meeting with Kacie, the coordinator, I knew we were in good hands. Literally ANYTHING I needed or had questions about, she was there to help me. She's a very special person who is amazing at what she does. Lance, the banquet manager-WOW- just amazing and SO incredibly helpful the day and entire night of the wedding/reception. We had about 270 guests and a sit down dinner and things went so smoothly. Food was great and service was even better. We were between two places for our reception, and I am SO THANKFUL that we went with The Claridge. Our guests still talk about our wedding and how beautiful the room was. Kacie, Lance, and the rest of the staff were amazing. Let's do it again!

Profile Picture Kim, 6/29/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We fell in love with the Claridge when we saw the Grand Ballroom and it did not disappoint. Our ceremony was beyond picturesque as we got married in the Oceanview with stunning views of the ocean, boardwalk and park. Our guests with so impressed with our Cocktail hour in the Art Gallery that they are still talking about and how nice it was. The Grand Ballroom was just so beautiful with gorgeous decor and great views of the ocean and boardwalk. The food was amazing. Kacie our wedding planner was wonderful and took care of every last detail. The staff was fun, caring and fast. There were so many places on property for amazing pictures. It was definitely a day we will never forget and surpassed all of our hopes and wished.

Profile Picture Tim, 3/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our daughter's wedding at the Claridge Hotel was just fantastic. James Sacco, and all of the Claridge employees went over and above to make this such a memorable day for all of us .
The Migliacci Family

Profile Picture Cheryl, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Wow! A+++
The Claridge Hotel has everything we want.
We looked at so many places and then met James, He is so accommodating and easy to work with, The only one that we met with who listened to what we envisioned and worked with us to make it happen.
THANK YOU!
There is a bar on the roof that makes for a perfect after party location, I cannot wait to go back this summer for drinks with my bride and our friends!

Profile Picture Michael, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was a guest at my nieces wedding here last month and I just wanted to give The Claridge Hotel positive praise and a well deserved great review...
The Hotel is STUNNING!! I felt as if I was whisked back in time to a glamorous royal ball.
Cocktail hour took my breath away inside an art gallery filled with magnificent pieces from all over the world.
The staff at this venue were so wonderful and accommodating, Our Family wanted for nothing!
I have eaten in some of the best restaurants and consider myself a foodie snob but I can easily say that the cuisine served was the best I have ever had at any wedding I have ever attended! Cocktail Hour had so many stations I couldn't decide where to start but my favorite was the Asian Stir Fry bar. For Dinner I had Chilean Sea Bass that topped some of my favorite seafood hot spots.
Nothing beat the site of my lovely niece walking down the aisle in her wedding gown, Her ceremony site was so romantic and beautifully lit with candles, I couldn't believe The Claridge had another ballroom just for her ceremony!
I was all around impressed and happy to be part of such a magical wedding.
THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Marie, 11/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Unbelievable experience with my wedding at the new Claridge hotel. The food is amazing and their service is just perfect. They provided everything we asked and more. We couldn't be more pleased. Thank you!!!!

Profile Picture Justin, 7/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Last week I received a call from my cousin who said he wanted to get married in a week. He had decided to do a courtroom wedding and just needed a place for the reception. We got in touch with David Krakow, a sales manager at the Claridge Hotel, who recommended The Southampton Room. After seeing the layout of the room, my cousin changed his plans and decided to not only hold the reception there but the ceremony as well. David was very flexible and very professional and really worked with us on everything we wanted. The night before the event we were able to come in and drop off some decorations and we saw how everything was set up. Everything looked nice but the tablecloths were black not white. I was in the area early the next morning and decided to ask David some questions. I found him in the Southampton Room putting on the new tablecloths by himself. I was really impressed that a sales manager would roll up his sleeves and do some work himself to make sure that everything came out the way we wanted. However, we still had table skirts that were not the right color and we were told that they may not have the table skirts in the color we needed but may be able to get it through an outside vendor which we decided against since it still looked nice. As we were setting up decorations, Ronald (a worker from the food and beverage department) was setting up an extra table that we had asked David for. As he was putting the table skirt on, I mentioned how we wanted white table skirts which they didn't have. He finished setting up the table and left but came back with white table skirts which he found in an old storage closet that was leftover from Bally's. I also want to mention Ryan VanDuyne, another manager who really helped us out. It really says a lot when managers and workers are doing everything they can and going out of their way to make sure our event goes smoothly on such short notice.

Profile Picture Tania, 11/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my Wedding at the Claridge Hotel this past October. What a wonderful experience from start to finish. First off, this whole hotel is absolutely beautiful, redone in a vintage 1920's decor. The Lobby, elevators, ballrooms and guest rooms are breathtaking. The Claridge staff was on point the night of the wedding and worked as a team to make my wedding wonderful. I highly recommend this hotel for a wedding, a stay or some fun!

Profile Picture Liesje, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Accommodations, Event Rentals, Linens

If you are looking for a venue for a wedding, corporate event, reunion or a special occasion The Claridge Hotel in Atlantic City has my family's vote of an excellent Hotel and a breathtaking Ballroom that compares to no other we have seen. This past Saturday night my wife and I held my daughter's graduation party in the Grand Ballroom at The Claridge Hotel! Although the room can easily accommodate over 400 our party was slightly less than 200 attendees. The Grand Ballroom (they have 3 large rooms) provide view of the ocean, boardwalk and a park with a beautiful water fountain. There is 2 tiers of floors that allows for so many options. We had the dancing and music on the upper tier and tables on the lower tier and we continue to get compliments on the party and The Claridge. Family flew in from many states and were impressed with our choice to have our event at The Claridge. The staff was excellent, led by the General Manager Cem Erenler. Service from reservations for our room block, to the front desk at check in and all the pleasant staff was impressive. The hotel rooms were spacious with beautiful new furnishings and carpeting, the indoor pool was great, and the place has an amazing art gallery where you can purchase some original art. The Claridge Hotel will be on the top of our list when the time comes for a wedding for our daughter. Atlantic City is back with The Claridge leading the way. All you brides to be and parents please see what The Claridge has to offer for yourself. We are one family that now has the happy memories for the rest of our lives!

Profile Picture Brian, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Myself and my husband wanted to have a 1 year anniversary party due to having a small wedding of 150 people , we wanted to invite all our family and friends. So we decide hey why not have a 1 year anniversary party . We needed a venue that can hold at least 300 + people. We checked out many venue places all in atlantic City area and we were so disappointed. Our last stop was Claridge hotel. I wasnt sure but my hubby said it wouldn't hurt to look. I was Amazed ! The lobby was very very beautiful almost breath taking. I just couldnt wait to see more .the hotel gives you a Old Hollywood with a new twist My venue space was stunning I just could wait

Profile Picture Ashley, 3/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My wedding at the Claridge was fantastic! Everything looked beautiful and went smoothly! The ballroom was wonderful, the service we received was great and everyone who stayed at the claridge for the weekend enjoyed their stay. Overall amazing experience at The Claridge!

Profile Picture Carly, 5/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter got married at The Claridge. It was the most enjoyable wedding I have ever been to. I especially enjoyed all of the different rooms that we experienced all of the various wedding activities in such as the ballroom and the lounge. The food was absolutely spectacular. It was a great location being on the boardwalk and walking distance from the casino. I would highly reccommend this venue to anyone.

Profile Picture Brian , 5/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our daughters entire wedding was held at the Claridge. It was beautiful and flawlessly executed. The hotel is a classic and provides a sophisticated and elegant setting without being pretentious. As this was a destination wedding, all of our guest thoroughly enjoyed the ambiance and amenties of the hotel while taking advantage of the excellent location to visit the beach and casinos. James Sacco the wedding and event manager was very professional and ensured that the day went seamlessly. The Twenties restaurant catered the reception and hosted the rehearsal dinner, the food was creative and delicious. My daughter and her new husband thought they had the best wedding ever, all our guests were pleased and very happy that they made the trip. You can't ask for anything better than that!

Profile Picture User5609951, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were married on 11/04/2017 The Claridge Hotel was our dream come true for the reception, so much history of Atlantic City charm it's an absolutely breathtaking hotel. Our wedding coordinator Kacie and her staff were beyond amazing the service and food was perfect. We can't thank Kacie and The Claridge Hotel enough for making our special day very memorable!

Profile Picture Ramona, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What an unbelievably memorable experience. My mother still has a photo of when my father proposed to her outside of The Claridge Hotel in 1973! We were nervous when we heard The Claridge had new ownership, again. We heard the renovations had come a long way and were beautiful, and the second we stepped on the property we knew it was going to be something special. The second you walk in the lobby you are struck with the rich history of the hotel; with its authentically looking old furniture, and extremely gaudy accents, the hotel looks like it has been preserved in a 1920's time capsule. After working out some scheduling, and months of typical wedding stress, we were not let down when we finally got into their new water-view ballroom that was not even completed when we initially looked at the hotel! The ballroom has enormous elegant chandeliers, and continues that same old style feel that the rest of the hotel has, plus it has huge ocean facing windows that look right over Brighton Park to the boardwalk / Atlantic. They provided the catering, which we were complimented heavily on. Being that it is a hotel, we had the benefits of getting rooms right there, and being able to let people stay rather than drive. As we all know, there are many casinos in this town, and uncountable ballrooms and banquet halls etc. The Claridge did so much more than give us a large room, they provided an incredible experience all the way around. Did I mention the rooms have the same old 1920's look the rest of the hotel has? Every accent in the hotel is perfect. We had many families come in, and immediately book rooms for summer vacations. They love that the hotel is smoke-free, and although it does not have a casino, it is connected via a breezeway, so the adults still had some fun after the kiddies went to sleep. My parents were brought to tears several times while walking around the hotel from the memories. Thank you Claridge Hotel for the best weekend of my life from me and my family.

Profile Picture User5162225, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Travel, Unique Services (Other)

My daughter’s wedding was a beautiful affair- - the food was excellent, the servers were professional and polite, and park setting was very special. Most of the credit has to go to the Wedding Sales Manager, James - he saw our event through from beginning to end over any and all rough spots. The sudden change in caterers would have been a disaster if not for James taking charge and making things right. However, there were several problems which took away from my giving this venue a top rating:
•The rehearsal dinner was a huge disappointment. Our wedding took place during the 4th of July weekend when it was almost impossible to book a nearby restaurant, so we went with the Claridge. The food and the service were terrible, and I was extremely embarrassed.
•When we booked the Claridge, one of the deciding factors was that the hotel agreed to upgrade the liquor package- specifically, they were to give us Johnny Walker Black instead of Johnny Walker Red. We had this in writing in the contract. My son-in-law discovered this was not the case when he asked for Johnny Walker Black during the reception.
•During the reception, the table arrangement was not what I had decided on; as a result, several tables of guests could not see what was going on.
The outdoor ceremony itself was wonderful- the weather, the setup, the timing were all done perfectly. Despite the glitches mentioned above, I was overwhelmed when I was James waiting to see us off at the beginning of the procession.
The cocktail hour was also excellent. There were so many stations and servers that no one ended up waiting in line for food (which was delicious). Having the cocktail hour in the art gallery was so unique; our guests loved it.
The brunch was even better that we expected. There was plenty of seating for our guests and the servers were on top of things. The Ocean View room is beautiful during a sunny day, and I would highly recommend it for a brunch (not dinner- too dingy).

Profile Picture Diana, 7/3/17, 2 Reviews
0.5

DO NOT USE THIS VENUE!!! We had the worst experiences here. The hotel elevators are so slow they made us late to our own events. The elevators dropped on two sets of guests and they literally had to climb out. Worst of all, the wedding coordinator was incredibly rude to everyone including my officiant and DJ and the wedding guests when things don't go her way. Kacie R pretty much ruined any nice wedding experience we could have had. We spent all day getting locked out of our rooms because the keys wouldn't work. We ended up with over 3 dozen keys between 3 rooms. The elevators had a 10-15 minute wait every single time you needed to use them. i had to walk through the staff area and take the steps in my ballgown WHICH RIPPED so we could make it in time because the elevators are too unreliable. The heat was pumping during the ceremony and cocktail hour. The beef they served us was terrible and insanely small portions. They couldn't even be bothered to press the linens for the tables before setting them. None of the hotel staff or managers performed their jobs anywhere near efficiently. My experience for my wedding was a nightmare and they think they giving a honeymoon suite after the fact fixes the damages they did.

Not only that, but they also disputed my very legitimate review on weddingwire.com knowing full well what they did. From the moment I started booking and PAID IN FULL to the actual day, it was a nightmare. They gave me the wrong promo code to give out to my guests so everyone had issues booking rooms. They comped us one room for this mess up and it ended up screwing up my room for me and my husband in return. They also extended reception a half hour for the elevators, thinking that did enough justice for the disasters they created, but little did I know at the time that the elevators had dropped on people.

These people are completely unprofessional, specifically Kacie R and how she spoke to my bridal party and my guests and vendors.

Profile Picture Samantha, 8/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Parking, Valet, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Linens, Indoor, Accommodations
This review is currently being verified.