The Capen House Reviews

The Capen House 1
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 10/21/2018

Absolute perfections

Kim, Denise, George, and Jarod helped us in every step of the way to make sure our wedding went off without a hitch. They provided us with great recommendations for vendors. They do have a required vendor list for somethings but with how well our wedding went I wouldn’t chose anyone else even if I could have.

Sent on 10/26/2018
    The Capen House 2

The Capen House's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We were honored to be the venue for your special day and it was a pleasure working with you both. You are an amazing couple and we wish you lifetime of love and happiness.

Letha · Married on 03/02/2018

A huge thank you to Kim and all of the staff at The Capen House. We held our wedding there and it could not have been a more perfect day. Kim was very communicative throughout the whole process and was so accomodating to help us get everything just right the day of. The venue itself is gorgeous...from the gardens outside with the lake as a backdrop to the interior of the house with its beautiful hardwood floors. My guests are still commenting on how lovely the venue was.

Crystal · Married on 11/24/2017

Kim was my contact for organizing my wedding. She was on top of keeping in contact with all my vendors and making sure I got as many tours as I needed. The pictures don't do this venue justice. You really have to go and see it for yourself. The grounds are beautiful with all the sculptures to look at and overlooking the lake. The Capen House is gorgeous! The history behind the home, and the grounds of the museum, is what sold us on this venue. Denise, who coordinated and worked my wedding, was just absolutely amazing. She not only worked with the DJ to make sure everything was on time but she also made sure I was okay at all time. She was such a joy to talk to and made me feel so secure about my wedding. When it was my turn to walk down the aisle, I started to cry and get nervous. She gave me the words I needed to hear and the courage to get down to the alter. I would consider her an angel and the perfect person to work my wedding. My wedding was more than I could have ever expected because of this venue and my guests were in awe. Highly recommend this venue for wedding and corporate events.

Stephanie · Married on 02/11/2017

The Polasek Museum is absolutely beautiful! I love the big oak tree right in front of the lake - which was the center back drop of our ceremony pictures. The Capen house has gorgeous wood floors and perfect for our post reception, dance floor, and cake room. Our dinner was in front of the Capen house overlooking the lake. The venue was perfect for us because we both are lake/water lovers. The pictures have turned out amazing. I could not be happier with how everything went. Kim and Denise, Polasek's event planners, were awesome to work with and quick to respond with emails/questions. We were able to stop by as often as we needed to create the perfect evening, which it was. We loved that it was a BYOB venue and 4Rivers is a choice for catering (their food is awesome). Much appreciation to Kim and Denise for helping us plan the wedding of our dreams. I can't say enough nice things about both of them - they become like family. My guests raved about beautiful this venue is. It's amazing!!!

Kristina · Married on 01/16/2017

Kim and Denise were so kind and accommodating! The venue was absolutely stunning and now I couldn't have imagined a better Venue to have my wedding ceremony and reception.

jenelle · Married on 05/19/2012

Being here made our day so beautiful! It was like a dream!

Leah · Married on 10/11/2014

We did our Ceremony only at Polasek Gardens in October, 2014.
    The venue was absolutely beautiful and thankfully we had a perfect day. Our ceremony was at 5PM, so it was a bit warm, but there was a nice shady area on the grounds that we used.

I believe service has changed since these last reviews, as my coordinator had changed throughout my process. I worked with Amanda, and she was amazing. I didn't have a cormal coordinator, and she volunteered to help line up my bridal party and send us out. She was friendly and detailed, and went out of her way to provide ice for a bucket of waters I was providing.

All things considered, it's a fairly inexpensive rental facility, but there are no changing rooms available on-site, which ended up costing me an extra a couple hundred $ because I needed to rental a hotel room nearby and Winter Park doesn't have a great hotel room inventory at a decent price!
    They also have a very limited list of table/chair rental companies, but they were pretty reasonably priced and fairly responsive.
    To combat those potential issues, they've just added a historic home to the property, that is under-going renovations, and I believe their plan is to utilize some of that space as an indoor rental area and possible bridal room, so perhaps that's coming in the future.
    I also noticed that just days before my ceremony, they had gotten in chairs of their own (which you'll need to rent, but perhaps it will be less expensive than an outside vendor)

Overall, I LOVED this outdoor venue, and the new coordinator is amazing. I'd reccomend it to anyone. They even sent my husband and I complimentary annual passes after our ceremony there. Very nice touch, so we can go back and enjoy the beauty of it whenever we'd like for the coming year.

Kathleen · Married on 03/23/2013

3.4
      3.5
      3.0

We had our wedding ceremony here in the side garden. It was the perfect place because I wanted to get married in the lakes in winter park and the beautiful garden was shaded and relaxed. They have a very specific list of vendors that you can use because of the insurance involved with working around their art. The event manager changed three times since I put my deposit down. I felt like they had strict rules but no one knew what they were and essentially let us break them. I was not crazy about their service. Their ever person, Kim, was supposed to be there the day of the wedding but she wasn't. She sent her friend in here place. There isn't much of a staging area for the bride. They told me I could just wait by the bathrooms. Luckily one of the volunteers went to high school with a bridesmaid and let us sit in the chapel but reminded us that he would probably get in trouble for it a few times. Overall I was not satisfied with the service but loved the location.

3.5
      1.5
      1.0

The grounds are gorgeous. You cannot beat the beautiful landscaping & amazing sculpture on the property & the lake view is worth every penny! It's a fairly inexpensive rental facility but you do have to provide your own tent, tables, chairs, etc - which can add up. It's located in gorgeous & historic Winter Park. Downsides: rental costs for tent/tables/etc & the staff that worked the day of the event was not the friendliest. No bridal suite. Other than that no complaints! Definitely recommend for someone who loves art & the outdoors! All my guests commented on how unique & beautiful it was.