The Bull Run Reviews

The Bull Run 7
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 08/10/2019

The best place ever

Amanda and her staff were amazing. I cant say enough about them.

Sent on 08/25/2019
  • Susan

Susan · Married on 10/14/2018

Wish we could do it again it was so fantastic!

The Bull Run is definitely a hidden gem! We fell in love with the covered bridge and the twinkle lights and Amanda the wedding coordinator! The entire process was easy and seamless--much in part due to Amanda!--we never had any worries about anything going smoothly. The food was fantastic. The atmosphere was wonderful and that bridge and those lights are magazine worthy! Love, love, loved it.

Sent on 10/16/2018
    The Bull Run 8
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 10/06/2018

Absolutely Magical

My wedding day here was more perfect than I could have ever imagined. Amanda was amazing to work with and she was very accommodating and kept my mind at ease! She really nailed everything I asked for and made sure everything went as smooth as possible. Would highly recommend if you want a stunning, rustic wedding!

Thank you!
    From Shannon and Matt

Sent on 10/16/2018
    The Bull Run 9

Brittany · Married on 08/31/2018

Choosing to have my wedding at the Bull Run was easily the best choice I have ever made! Amanda was amazing. She is a fantastic person, and really really knows her wedding stuff. She was extremely flexible and willing to let us to basically design our own dream wedding (with her help and expertise of course!). We were on a budget and they were so understanding and worked with us so we could get the most out of our wedding experience. The prop room Amanda has with stuff from leftover from other weddings was a godsend and helped me create my dream centerpieces. The food was delicious (from the few bites I got any time to try, but I was told it was amazing). They even helped us do an ice cream sundae bar - so fun. We had a family emergency the month of our wedding and my fiance's mother was in the hospital, and The Bull Run (Amanda in particular) was really amazing. We dropped off everything we needed the day before the wedding and she set it up perfectly as we planned. I would have never known where to start when it came to planning a wedding, but Amanda knows her stuff, and The Bull Run gave us the wedding of our dreams. I really would highly recommend this venue to everyone.

Sent on 09/14/2018
    The Bull Run 14
    The Bull Run 15
    The Bull Run 16

Katie · Married on 07/21/2018

My husband and I had the most perfect wedding day. The Bull Run was beautiful, affordable and just what we were looking for for our small intimate wedding. Amanda was amazing to work with and I would recommend her in second. I wish we could do it again!

Sent on 09/30/2018
    The Bull Run 17
    The Bull Run 18
    The Bull Run 19
    The Bull Run 20

Evan Sullivan · Married on 06/30/2018

Superb service and venue at an extremely reasonable price

Amanda was very easy to speak to and highly competent. She was always in a great mood! We were not very stressed during our wedding planning experience and she had a lot to do with it. The wedding itself was fantastic. We chose The Bull Run because it was the most affordable option that could host our whole family, but in no way would I say we sacrificed quality for a good price. The food was fantastic. Everything was decorated beautifully and the staff were wonderful. I recommend their wedding services without hesitation.

Sent on 01/15/2019

Rachel · Married on 06/21/2018

We had so much fun! Amanda was professional and made our day perfect. She arranged flowers from trader joes on the day of the wedding and they looked great! So Amanda was our wedding coordinator and florist. Haha. Also, when there was difficult with the music (we used our phones), she fixed the issues immediately. The food was excellent and the space was perfect. We couldn't have been happier! Thanks Amanda and the staff at the bull run!!

Sent on 07/23/2018
    The Bull Run 21
    The Bull Run 22
    The Bull Run 23

Nancy · Married on 06/17/2018

The Bull Run went above and beyond what I had expected. Amanda the amazing coordinator is amazing and will become your best friend in a matter of moments. She’s the most organized person I have ever met. She ensured from start to finish that everything was as perfect as it could be. The food was five stars and definitely was the talk of the evening and people are still talking about (Try the mashed potatoes and the salmon!) our wedding day was truly magical because of the bull run and I couldn’t thank them enough.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Candice · Married on 05/26/2018

Amanda Davidson and the staff @ Bull Run really were top notch and very accommodating as we made our wedding plans. We had an amazing day and it was as perfect as we could have ever imagined. The food was delicious and the Garden room/patio was elegant and exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 06/06/2018
    The Bull Run 24
    The Bull Run 25
    The Bull Run 26

Carol · Married on 05/19/2018

WE LOVE THE BULL RUN!! We choose The Bull Run for our wedding because we go there for Sunday Brunch. The food...AMAZING! The staff...AMAZING! The ceremony on the covered bridge...AMAZING! The reception room was set up exactly the way we had discussed and Amanda made the personal touches reflect exactly who we are. We had the best day EVA!!! Thanks to Amanda and everyone at The Bull Run for making our wedding day PERFECT!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Kristen · Married on 05/12/2018

The Bull Run is a fun and unique venue to have a wedding, the Covered Bridge is especially wonderful for a ceremony and pictures. Amanda, the coordinator, was fantastic throughout the whole process. She was always ready to offer advice and help with finding creative ideas for the wedding. The owners are friendly and attentive, and the venue as a whole is very flexible and accomidating. The food was great and the event packages have a lot to offer. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 06/06/2018

Emily · Married on 03/10/2018

We can’t complain about this venue or our awesome coordinator at all!!! Amanda was amazing to say the least! She answered every question we had, helped every step of the way, and made us and our families feel important!! Not to mention, the food and atmosphere is outstanding!!! We still are receiving calls about it! If you love clam chowder, then this is the place for you!! You definitely get your money’s worth, and feel not just like an object, but valued individuals! The Bull Run is the place to go if you’re looking for great food, fun, and a family feel :)
    We will be back for food in the future!
    Xo The Graziano’s

Sent on 03/13/2018

Myjorie · Married on 11/05/2017

Honestly this is the best vendor by far! I had the best reception all thanks to Amanda. Amanda was so kind and made sure everything went perfectly. She answered all and every question I had. She goes above and beyond. I highly recommend this place and they are fairly priced.

Sent on 11/30/2017

Layne · Married on 10/21/2017

Amanda was such a blessing to work with in the midst of wedding planning stress! She made everything so easy for us, answered all of our questions (big and small), gave us her opinions, and was super responsive. Her energy and optimism put us at ease and we felt that she truly cared about making our wedding day as special as we always dreamed. The best part was that Bull Run was extremely affordable - to get prime rib at the same price as chicken is unheard of, plus the cake price is included, and the Sawtelle room is formal enough for a wedding but casual enough where people feel comfortable. I would recommend this venue to anyone for their wedding.

Sent on 02/23/2018

Amy · Married on 10/15/2017

I'll be totally honest our wedding was amazing! They really went above and beyond for my husband and I. Amanda is simply amazing at what she does!

Sent on 11/22/2017

Claire · Married on 10/07/2017

Everything was great. We got so many compliments on the food! The only thing that was a little disappointing was the fact the outside speakers to the patio did not work. We had planned on using an ipod for music ipo a DJ since our wedding was about 30 people including us and it was a little tight in the garden room. If I would have known I probably would have hired a DJ for dancing. All in all, you can't expect everything to go perfect and it was a small hiccup on our day. We captured our special day, family and guests had fun, and so many people raved about the food .

Sent on 11/15/2017

Doreen · Married on 09/23/2017

As two women who had been together for twenty-nine years, we wanted a more relaxed ceremony and celebration—a quaint setting with great food and lots of dancing! We married in the Shirley Meeting House, one mile from the Bull Run. We loved Amanda, the Function Coordinator! She was flexible in meeting with us and very responsive throughout the planning process. Amanda worked meticulously behind the scenes at both venues—taking care of things we hadn’t even thought of! The staff was very welcoming and attentive to all our guests’ needs. Having eaten often at the restaurant, we knew the food would be excellent and were not disappointed— from dietary restrictions to a pie buffet instead of a wedding cake, our guests raved about the food. Another plus for this venue was the two hotels within six miles, to accommodate guests. Due in large part to the Bull Run’s dedication to high standards, our day was perfect in every way. The venue and service far surpassed our expectations, we highly recommend the Bull Run for your wedding or any other special event.

Sent on 03/03/2018
    The Bull Run 34
    The Bull Run 35
    The Bull Run 36

Rachel · Married on 09/09/2017

The bull run was a perfect place for my wedding it was beautiful and I loved the covered bridge. Amanda was amazing and super helpful. She was extremely flexible and answered all our questions even at 9 at night! Amanda helped make our special day worry free. I loved how they did the set up and break down for us made everything so easy for us.

Sent on 11/23/2017

Nicole · Married on 09/02/2017

We were married at the Bull Run Restaurant in Shirley on September 2nd of this year. We planned our wedding in under 3 months and Amanda was there for us every step of the way from last minute changes, planning, tastings, getting ready, and everything in between! Our guests RAVED about the food, we had chicken alfredo, yankee pot roast & clam chowder with salad! Our cake was even included in our package and Amanda recommended great vendors! We had the time of our lives that night and didn't have to worry about a thing! They even had everything decorated early so we could see it before guests arrived! We had our dream wedding at the Bull Run!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Amanda · Married on 08/26/2017

What an amazing place to have a wedding, The food was amazing and the staff was incredible!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Victoria · Married on 08/12/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Amanda and her team at the Bull Run. Amanda was so great about communication-- any time I had any questions she would get back to me very promptly, and was always very accommodating. I so enjoyed working with her before the wedding, and the day itself she was fabulous! Every detail that I could have possibly imagined was taken care of and well, everything was coordinated and I never felt like I had to worry about anything.
    Aside from including a cake from my choice of two fantastic bakeries in the package, but they also provided me with a list of trusted vendors to narrow down my search.
    Overall, the pride the Bull Run takes in what it does, the quality of the service (and food!!), and the diligence of the staff all exceeded expectations, and made the wedding planning process and wedding itself a success and a very low-stress situation!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Tyler · Married on 06/04/2017

There are so many good things to say about the Bull Run in Shirley!

Amanda, the venue's wedding planner/hostess/Jill of All Trades was so attentive and professional. From our very first meeting, she answered every question, major or minor, with thought and care. Amanda was the wedding hostess and event planner that we need to make sure our event was a success. I personally ask a lot of questions so having someone who was responsive and thorough was a must. Amanda did everything for us, she helped us with our flower centerpieces, she allowed us to browse her collection to build our own centerpieces and even pulled a few surprises, like getting lavender sashes to match our theme! Every detail major or minor was handled by Amanda and her team! I would highly recommend Amanda and the Bull Run for ANYONE looking for a cost effective venue with a team that truly cares about your event. Amanda was the best hostess I could have ever dreamed of.

We vetted several venues before selecting the Bull Run and none compared to the Bull Run. At these other venues, the smaller your wedding, the less the planners cared about your event. But not at the Bull Run! This restaurant is family owned and operated which makes it the perfect place for a wedding of any size. The family personally introduced themselves to us on our wedding day and assured us that everything would go smoothly. If you have ever been to the restaurant, then you'd know how phenomenal the food is. The catering does not disappoint. We had the chicken piccatta and Atlantic salmon with caesar salad, roasted potatoes, and roasted vegetables. The entrees were delicious: homemade piccatta sauce, and wild caught salmon! The appetizers were just as good: homemade caesar dressing, fresh herbs for the sides. So delicious!

Unlike other wedding packages, there are no hidden fees. Our package included the cake, reception, buffet, and ceremony. We could not have been happier with our vendors and venue!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Kristin · Married on 05/28/2017

The Bullrun was our second venue that we were checking out. We instantly fell in love with it. Then when meeting with Amanda we just knew it was for us! Amanda is such a pleasure to work with. She is very responsive and has great advice when needed. I felt pretty stress free with my wedding planning knowing she was there to guide me. Plus all the food is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! My guest were extremely impressed and statisfied. Highly recommend the clam chowder. Much love Amanda - The McCauleys

Sent on 06/06/2017

Staci · Married on 05/26/2017

My husband and I had the best experience start to finish at the Bull Run! Amanda was there to answer any questions within minutes of an email! She guided us along the way, offering suggestions, and even an amazing little ballroom as an alternative to our chilly patio reception! The guests were so happy with the food, and so were we! Amanda said the bride and groom would eat, and she sure was right! The historic atmosphere and staff are perfect! This was truly my dream wedding! Just go have lunch and meet with Amanda, I promise you'll love it!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Becky · Married on 04/29/2017

We had our wedding at the Bull Run this past April and it was absolutely perfect. From the beginning Amanda was responsive and easy to work with, flexible, and organized. On the day of everything was incredibly smooth and well run, and all our guests raved about the food!

Sent on 05/02/2017