The Bridgewater Club Reviews

5 | Carmel, IN

5 Reviews for The Bridgewater Club

• Michelle

Michelle Milazzo · Getting married on 04/01/2020

Nice facility and great people.

We wanted an intimate wedding in a beautiful setting with great food and service and that is exactly what we got! You cannot get a more experienced event planner than Paula at The Bridgewater Club. She walked us through the entire process and was patient with our questions and requests. Our wedding was stress-free and enjoyable for all.

Sent on 01/09/2020

Brittany · Married on 06/25/2016

Could not have asked for a better place to get married. Paula was great to work with. Aside from the 94 degree heat our day was perfect, from our outdoor ceremony under a beutiful tent, to the cigar bar for our guest to enjoy during the reception it truly was the best wedding ever.

Sent on 07/16/2016

Erika · Married on 09/08/2012

I worked with Beverly, she and the venue were great. We were very happy with our overall experience. Everything was beautiful and Beverly was very helpful and accomodating.

Sent on 04/08/2013

3.8
      3.0

Please note that the BWC recently hired a new catering manager, and my wedding planning occurred during the transition period. I don't feel like there was a lack of communication, but I feel that there was a lack of competency or at least thoroughness. I've done event planning before, and perhaps this made me more critical of others. Like I said, the catering manager is new, so some mistakes are to be expected.

1. After confirming the meal choices with BWC, we printed out (somewhat expensive) menus describing each meal choice/dish. On the day of the wedding, the vegetarian dish was completely different, and the filet mignon should have had a mushroom ragout but actually had nothing on it. That was a little embarrassing, as some of my friends specifically asked what was the vegetarian option. There was no miscommunication, in fact, there was explicit confirmation. The catering manager always said yes to everything but when it came time to deliver, it just wasn't all there.
    2. The clubhouse is very nice. We were happy with the look and how efficient the staff was in setting up the room so that we could do our own flowers the day before (the day of the rehearsal).
    3. The beer (and the printed order) was to be changed from the normal wedding package, but unfortunately the bar staff didn't read it thoroughly (if at all) and the beer choices were incorrect.
    4. We asked for Moscato d'Asti instead of champagne for our toasts. We had Moscato but not from Italy. I wish that they would have told me that it was one from California.
    5. There is an electric piano in the front which should have been playing as guests arrived. I was told that the pianist for my ceremony was not allowed to use it because the owner didn't want the piano to be moved around all the time (which is a shame, because the piano was silent for my wedding day).
    6. Most everything went according to plan otherwise, and no wedding will ever be perfect. I just wanted to share my experiences.

Sent on 08/24/2013

Cort · Married on 05/17/2015

3.6
      3.0
      3.5
      2.0

My wife and I had our ceremony and reception here for our wedding. It is one of the most beautiful clubs in all of Indiana if not the Midwest. They rent the entire facility out to you on your wedding day which gives you a great backup plan in case you are doing anything outside and need to switch to inside in case of weather. The staff is incredibly helpful on the day of the event and does everything in their power to make sure things run smoothly. They can be somewhat hard to get in contact with and deal with in the planning stages as they can be somewhat stubborn and stuck in their ways...but they know what they are doing. Great place to have a wedding.

Sent on 05/27/2015